General Gameplay Questions Thread

Usually as a smaller company, I won't even have road agents. I'll just find the wrestlers with the best psychology and respect and get two of them to accept the role of road agent.

It's one less person to pay, which is huge when you're a smaller company. So I wouldn't cancel the show if you can talk someone into taking on the role.

Can someone please clarify the penalties matches get when workers don't have enough psychology to keep it together? All my matches are getting this even if they're below 10 mins. Most of the workers I book have 70+ psych, averaging around 80-90 usually in the main event scene. I don't understand this feature at all, would love someone to help me.

I remember in 2016 Psych was used for calling matches in the ring or slow building, etc. but now it seems engrained in literally everything. Even matches I've ran below 8 minutes that were scripted in the ring are getting penalised, and that's with workers with mid 70's psych anyway.

Another few questions...

How important are Road Agents for matches? Playing MAW and I had Sam Keith leave me the day of a match, leaving me without an agent. Is it worth canceling my monthly so my new choice can hopefully accept a contract?

Speaking of, what attributes are good for them? Colour so they can also announce? Do booking and business skill do anything for them?

Finally - Can owners also wrestle in their own company and does it do anything positive or negative? For my first game I just picked David Avatar, the ref. Probably good because Jay Fair went off to TCW pretty quickly.

Psych/respect/experience are the three stats needed for a road agent, IIRC. You don't need one if you have a couple of wrestlers who have fairly high values for all of them.

At what point do workers retire from injury? How low does their health stat have to go before they retire? I ask because Fuyuko Higa just came back from an Achilles tear and now her leg health is 65. Should I be concerned?

Also, does having lower health affect in-ring performance?

I recall that retirement happens at 50 health of a body part but I don't have the game in front of me right now.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pate" data-cite="pate" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I recall that retirement happens at 50 health of a body part but I don't have the game in front of me right now.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No it's 0. I have a guy at 15</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slash-LN" data-cite="Slash-LN" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if this is the right place but Adam, will you please add the default pic pack to the resources topic in the tech support forum? I see database and skins but not the pictures folder unless I just missed it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There's a very slim chance he'll see this post. Probably better to PM or post in tech support forum</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's a very slim chance he'll see this post. Probably better to PM or post in tech support forum</div></blockquote><p> Thank you.</p>

Hi. Natural Growth Limits again.

What is the point in getting a really good international television deal if natural growth limits prevents me from gaining popularity? I'm trying to run the G1, but no matter what size network I put my tour highlights on, I can't gain popularity.

Excursions:

Does anyone know if there are any hidden benefits to excursions?

The only two non hidden benefits I can see are that they will reset momentum when they come back and they will gain pop in the area they are going to.

The workers generally seem to get fewer "reps" than you could give them if they just stayed home so their progression is slower. This seems like a huge downside to excursions so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Are they essentially just an RP element of the game?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi. Natural Growth Limits again.<p> </p><p> What is the point in getting a really good international television deal if natural growth limits prevents me from gaining popularity? I'm trying to run the G1, but no matter what size network I put my tour highlights on, I can't gain popularity.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What size company are you?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sprout1883" data-cite="Sprout1883" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What size company are you?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm NJPW, so Big.</p>

I assume you have your events on a decent broadcaster.

Tour shows i thought were treated as lesser so dont gain as much pop as events.

Define "decent" broadcaster. I get the message with anything Medium or less for an A-Show. You would think Medium is good enough.

So if I can't build popularity through televising my shows, what am I supposed to do, run all of my shows in America? Seems like a flawed system that fails to reward international television deals.

Define "decent" broadcaster. I get the message with anything Medium or less for an A-Show. You would think Medium is good enough.

So if I can't build popularity through televising my shows, what am I supposed to do, run all of my shows in America? Seems like a flawed system that fails to reward international television deals.

I could be wrong, but my intpretation of TV viewship is that you can have med coverage in an area, and put on a good show, but things like company size, the state of the economy, and the (%) of fans in each region determine if you are able to grow in that area. So, say you've got med coverage in Japan, and you're only 10 pop in Japan...we'll, you may put on a good show (80+) but your medium coverage only allows you access to 4/10 of that % of fans in that region...and if you're only at 10 pop then you're only getting 10% of that 4/10 fanbase to possibly tune in. That may raise your pop when its very low...but at some point, you're going to run into a bit of a wall. It may not be a fair comparison, but AEW is on TNT on Wednesday nights. TNT is bigger than 'med' and you could argue AEW is putting on really good shows right now, but their rating are staying in that 800000 range. How are they not gaining more fans with all that coverage and advertising? Well...what's the competition doing? How many wrestling fans ARE there actually in the US? Maybe you're attracting all the fans that region has at the moment, and it's a matter of continuing to put on good shows in order to build up that fanbase so your numbers eventually start to creep up again.

"Don't try to understand it...feel it!"

When should you script matches? I thought that if you have participants with low psychology (under 60 as stated in the manual) you would get a boost to negate any penalties. However, I have been keeping track of in-ring performance for my workers and it only ever seems to bring higher-level workers down, rather than bring any lower workers up. I get much better returns from protecting a poor worker, rather than scripting.

I can't answer the questions directly but I do know the organic bios do not list weight and height. It may have been a difference between having that on one save and off in another or having it on at one point during a save and off during another. I have mine on organic after about a year and I can tell when a bio isn't because I believe it lists stuff like the height and weight and also what their finisher is. When not organic, I don't know if it always lists the height/weight but I feel like it always lists the finisher at the end so maybe.

Another quick question:

I usually ignore new workers if their safety if far too low as I don’t want them injuring the veterans who are training them up on the Mountain Dew KFC Georgia Gold Honey Mustard BBQ Dominos pre-show.

However, when I’ve signed a couple recently, as soon as they sign, their safety and consistency stats immediately jump up to reasonable levels. Is that simply due to them working is safe conditions and not back-yard style?

Might have gotten lost in the shuffle...

Do your Major Stars/Stars get upset at being left off Tour shows (the ones that end up being a highlights show when you have a TV deal)?

Safe to assume they are OK being left off those but working the "regular" event.

General Questions

I’m quite new to TEW - played older versions of EWR etc and this is a lot of immersive. It’s great.

I do have a couple of questions though about Database building and was hoping for some advice:

1. What’s the effect of Event Importance? The mod I have has all set at 0% which doesn’t ‘feel’ right. What should BOLA / SSS16 / 16 Carat be for example? What about Summerslam?

2. When editing a “wrestling ability” on someone - what is this reflective of? Technical wrestling? Or generally being a wrestler? For example, The Undertaker is objectively a better wrestler than Daniel Makabe, but Makabe is a better technical wrestler

3. Is there a good guide for the “intended roles” and their effects?