TEW2020 CornellVerse Discussion Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The FBI guys (and gal) are gone? Bummer.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The gal stuck around, she's in USPW under the name 'Pariah' now.</p><p> </p><p> Tex Tagan is still in FCW as well. It was just Harvard that left.</p>

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gal stuck around, she's in USPW under the name 'Pariah' now.

Tex Tagan is still in FCW as well. It was just Harvard that left.

Ah, thanks! I always had something for Harvard with some of the rerenders. And I thought Tex had been replaced by Big Tex Avatar. I'll have to read the bios to see what has changed.

Anyone notice how pretty much every masked wrestler is getting a regen in their game? I like legacy characters, but I wish they were reserved more for retired guys, guys in their forties, and guys where that's more expected like Mexico and Japan. I mean I just got Babau II and the original is only 32 himself. Then there's guys like El Jaguar Jr, who I can only assume is El Jaguar's nephew, not son, because he's only 12 years younger.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone notice how pretty much every masked wrestler is getting a regen in their game? I like legacy characters, but I wish they were reserved more for retired guys, guys in their forties, and guys where that's more expected like Mexico and Japan. I mean I just got Babau II and the original is only 32 himself. Then there's guys like El Jaguar Jr, who I can only assume is El Jaguar's nephew, not son, because he's only 12 years younger.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To be honest, that doesn't sound like it's working correctly. Regens (including legacy wrestlers) are only supposed to appear when a worker retires or dies in the game. Unless something has changed in 2020.</p>

<p>I know legacies were changed so that there would be a chance they could work with the previous version of the legacy and not have to wait until they retire. It should probably be split into categories though.</p><p> </p><p>

El Jaguar is pretty unique and there shouldn’t be 2-3 El Jaguar’s running around at once. But Phoenix (or Villano) makes perfect sense.</p>

There's supposed to be a set chance every year while a worker is between 30 and 50 years old and have hit a certain criterion (specific level of pop) for them to produce a regen.

It sounds like either it's tuned a bit too high or, because the default data isn't set up with many next gens by default, there's a really big pool of potentially eligible workers and so as a result a lot of new guys come in at once. Wouldn't be too surprised if it's more skewed towards the latter all things considered.

Maybe tech support it if it seems really excessive? Perhaps it should be more tilted so that the closer to 50 a worker gets the more likely it is they legacy?

I just did a count, and there are 33 random regen Juniors in my game by November 2022. There's a ton of IIs and IIIs as well, but it makes sense for them to be there because they don't need to be related at all. I guess what weirds me out the most is that so many of Juniors are way too close in age to the originals to be believable. I know that in real life there are guys that are actually nephews like Rey Mysterio Jr. but so many of these Juniors would have to be born when the originals were tweens that it's kind of annoying me.

Maybe a correction would be changing the requirements to be named Junior as opposed to being numbered?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrJeeps" data-cite="MrJeeps" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unreal! Its gotta be that hugely bloated roster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They seem indeed doomed to die as an AI company. As they reach the red, they seem to do little to fix it and keep resigning people. I don't mind, but it's not a good businessplan. Maybe they'll survive if the industry rating does well. I've yet to have long games.</p>

Wayyy too many companies not making their champions do the honors before they leave. Remo just signed with USPW, won the SWF belt 3 days later, and then went right over to USPW after his contract ran out without dropping the title. Same thing happened with BullDozer in USPW earlier in my save.

They seem indeed doomed to die as an AI company. As they reach the red, they seem to do little to fix it and keep resigning people. I don't mind, but it's not a good businessplan. Maybe they'll survive if the industry rating does well. I've yet to have long games.

The big kicker is that it seems that when they go to renegotiate their PPV deal they can t keep their default timeslots, because their revenue drops by around $1m at that point.

Any recs on how to fix CWA so they stay sustainable? I'm planning a competitive Canadian save with ACPW, 4C, CWWF, UEW, and QPW and kinda need CWA as the final boss

Give them another TV slot? Trim their starting roster? Lower their owner's roster size preference?

I think the biggest reason why CWA was failing was due to the patch that lowered PPV buyrates/Income as it was super harsh, especially for them, and made it impossible for them to turn a profit. Now that it's been increased again they aren't as prone to bleed money as they were during the previous patches

One thing I did to help them though was change their match and angle focus to Regular and Tight so they are more consistent in Show grades as a big problem I noticed is they start losing popularity because their grades were pretty poor considering the talent they have. . and the more popularity they drop the less money they would make. .

I think the biggest reason why CWA was failing was due to the patch that lowered PPV buyrates/Income as it was super harsh, especially for them, and made it impossible for them to turn a profit. Now that it's been increased again they aren't as prone to bleed money as they were during the previous patches

One thing I did to help them though was change their match and angle focus to Regular and Tight so they are more consistent in Show grades as a big problem I noticed is they start losing popularity because their grades were pretty poor considering the talent they have. . and the more popularity they drop the less money they would make. .

I went ahead and did this but it looks like too little too late. They are ripping off great shows in the high 70s mid 80s, selling out and getting buyrates at around half a point but are atill around -7 million bucks after 2 years and were just warned. Weird that this wasn't noticed/corrected when Adam was imulating long games. They are said to be "doing well" in their description, but this is crazy.

In my QAW game I’m watching CWA closely (since they have a great women’s roster). They fluctuate between 1.5 million dollars all the way to 800k in the red on a given month. It’s really bizarre I can’t understand it at all. I’d see 5SSW dip negative for like one month and then they’re back in the green for months at a time. FCW is on the opposite end of the scale, they’ve been bleeding money constantly since game start. With CWA it’s just random and inconsistent.

I went ahead and did this but it looks like too little too late. They are ripping off great shows in the high 70s mid 80s, selling out and getting buyrates at around half a point but are atill around -7 million bucks after 2 years and were just warned. Weird that this wasn't noticed/corrected when Adam was imulating long games. They are said to be "doing well" in their description, but this is crazy.

I don't imagine it was an issue with the initial build of the game because ppv revenue was so ridiculously high they were never in a situation to fail. Once it was decided that revenue needed to be toned down they suffered as a result because it was such a drastic reduction. . now that it has been level back up some it's not as big of an issue, at least in new games or games that haven't advanced to a point where they are beyond a salvageable point.

Hard to say how to fix. Looks like they're not set up to adapt to a bad economy. I just simmed a month and they made a profit with their starting roster, but my two-year-old game has them $7m in the hole, thanks to ballooning wages and an economy on a lowly 24. Ticket sales down. Buy rates down. Sponsorships way down. Yet the AI doesn't adapt and keeps making big signings. Or at least resigning their guys for big sums. 54 written guarantees. Does the AI not do Written per appearance? Or keep their undercard on handshake deals in times of trouble?

I don't imagine it was an issue with the initial build of the game because ppv revenue was so ridiculously high they were never in a situation to fail. Once it was decided that revenue needed to be toned down they suffered as a result because it was such a drastic reduction. . now that it has been level back up some it's not as big of an issue, at least in new games or games that haven't advanced to a point where they are beyond a salvageable point.

Fair enough but how come this hasn't happened to any other companies?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrJeeps" data-cite="MrJeeps" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair enough but how come this hasn't happened to any other companies?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm actually seeing it on a small with all of the companies that debut randomly, at least when it comes to the massive contracts hamstringing them. Because WrestleWorld has given pretty much every company national exposure, the newer companies are hiring these super over independent workers, and they're going into debt very quickly because they can't handle PPA contracts that are in the hundreds to thousands of dollars range. </p><p> </p><p> I think what's happened is that CWA with this challenge in mind. The AI struggles to handle it, but a player will be able to navigate the money issues if they make the right broadcast deals and trim the fat off their roster accordingly. </p><p> </p><p> Each company has their own challenges. While a place like TCW might be struggling with getting over enough talent to put on a main event not involving AA or Wolf, or PGHW needing to build up new stars with all the former ones retired, CWA doesn't have the roster issues and instead has money ones.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="codey_v2" data-cite="codey_v2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm actually seeing it on a small with all of the companies that debut randomly, at least when it comes to the massive contracts hamstringing them. Because WrestleWorld has given pretty much every company national exposure, the newer companies are hiring these super over independent workers, and they're going into debt very quickly because they can't handle PPA contracts that are in the hundreds to thousands of dollars range. <p> </p><p> I think what's happened is that CWA with this challenge in mind. The AI struggles to handle it, but a player will be able to navigate the money issues if they make the right broadcast deals and trim the fat off their roster accordingly. </p><p> </p><p> Each company has their own challenges. While a place like TCW might be struggling with getting over enough talent to put on a main event not involving AA or Wolf, or PGHW needing to build up new stars with all the former ones retired, CWA doesn't have the roster issues and instead has money ones.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I actually don't mind it. I love seeing the world develop. For instance a LucaResu Company debuted in my work 6 months into the game with 500,000. They are absolutely killing it. Well over a million in revenue with good broadcasting and putting out great shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrJeeps" data-cite="MrJeeps" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47579" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fair enough but how come this hasn't happened to any other companies?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Their Achilles heel is the enormous roster. . They start with 57 active wrestlers. I'm pretty sure only USPW starts with more but they have a galaxy sized wallet compared to CWA. I mean their payroll costs more than their starting finances lol. . Then they fall into the issue where they don't seem to adapt to any changes and it's a recipe for disaster. . </p><p> </p><p> The closet comparable companies to them would be 21CW, BHOTWG, TCW and EILL who all start with bigger PPV deal so they all wind up with a better shot at making money off of them and bigger bank accounts so they are much more apt to survive longer whether they bleed money or not. . Not to say they wouldn't eventually fail just that CWA will fail much quicker considering the variables. . </p><p> </p><p> Now with all that said, PGHW is the only company I can see that starts off worse financially and with smaller PPV coverage, but their big advantage is having the vast majority of their roster(which is again much smaller) on Handshake deals so they have greatly reduced costs comparatively..</p><p> </p><p> Basically CWA is in a very precarious position right from get go compared to everyone else around them so they are much more likely to fail by comparison. Again with the adjustments to PPV revenue they are put in a better position to turn a profit but it's certainly not going to benefit them in games where they are already sinking in debt. .</p>