CWA Discussion Thread

I was excited to see where CGC was at as they've always been my go to so I was initially a bit disappointed but I've got to say I'm kinda excited about the idea of playing as them. Will probably do a diary with them once I get to grips with the new game.

Called it! :D

In all seriousness though, CWA is weird for me.

The roster is HUGE (56 in-ring workers?), and it doesn't really cater for fans of CGC or NOTBPW.

The fact that it was born out of such a tragic story does make it all the better. Dan dying AT George's funeral is sad, and the DeColt brothers turning on Alex perhaps even sadder.

But then you hear that 4C went out of business, essentially because of CWA being formed and taking some of their talent, and it makes you think eh. I hate em.

Brand Split anyone?

<p>It just looks like NOTBPW stole all my favourite CGC guys </p><p> </p><p>

Curious to see how longer games run with that roster. I definitely think I'm going to play a game with them, but it'll probably involve firing 25 guys on day one.</p><p> </p><p>

And giving Ian his name back.</p><p> </p><p>

And I dont think I can stomach heel Christian price.</p>

CWA is certainly overwhelming to begin with. But I do like it after all. I really like the large womens wrestling. I really though a Canadian guy would jump home like James Hernandez. And they'd get some of those great wreslers like Jameson, Gauge,Wayne Newton etc. But I'm looking forward to trying to get them to that i suppose

Was very interested in seeing Selfs take on this, share his sentiments

I'm gonna start a proper game with them after work, and see how I like it without changing too much. Given how alien a lot of the game feels, I need the most familiar characters I can get to play with. It looks like most companies have way over the minimum requirement of workers, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I'm just so used to keeping my roster close to minimums (a bit bigger in diaries) that it was a shock. I trial booked one TV last night and used such a small fraction of the available talent.

I'm very happy that a change to the Canadian scene was made, as things had been stagnant for a while. I was ready to see CGC come to an end. A merger seemed like a popular scenario in a lot of diaries/games over the years, but it's happened 5 years 'too late', with very few Stones (one?) and DeColts remaining. I don't know if that's good to force fresh ideas, or robs the company of its uniqueness. Dropping the players into the tail end of a massive stable war could have been an interesting place to start, as opposed to a main event scene that looks very TCW to me. Generic heel group. Younger hotshot babyface.

It could be fun figuring out what a NOTBPW/CGC hybrid actually is. My visions of the two promotions are so very, very different. Serious technicians with golf commentary on one side. Gods and demons and clowns and magic potions on the other.

The CWA Idea/ thoughts thread

See title, this is going to be my work day. Sorry boss

So what does everyone think? I'm in love with their roster, in particular can't wait to book the women's division and figure out who will be the babyfaces to rise to challenge these heels who are super over.

What are you all going to look at booking?

I'm thinking of rebuilding the Decolt/Stone stable via a storyline bringing both the young stone kid (can't remember first name at work haha) and steve back in to face the Elite.

Might also do a NOTBPW stable, to keep that thread alive. cn't decide if I'd make them faces or heels at the moment.

I'm in love with the Queens Court

So lets hear it Canada players, whats rattling around in your head

Definitely the promotion that interested me most when I started up the trial. Both NOTBPW and CGC had slightly underwhelming rosters in 2016 IMO, mostly due to aging main eventers and not much talent directly below them. CWA still has a lot of guys near the top of the card who are aging, but it feels like there are a number of younger options who aren't too far off reaching the upper levels. I think I'm going to book them like I would a performance company (including removing the strict adherence to face / heel splits), just with a few more promos thrown in.

In terms of booking ideas, I'm thinking of having Knight lead a group of future stars who think it's their time to shine while Vessey feels they're trying to push him aside before his own run at the top is over leading to him forming a stable of mostly bitter veterans to oppose them.

My only concern at the moment is the women's division. Usually I have to either book a promotion that's entirely women's wrestling or the division becomes a bit of an afterthought. Looks like it will have to be a fairly big focus for CWA to be successful though.

I've never played Canada because NOTBPW was always too performance based, and CGC was always too entertainment based for me, but CWA hits that perfect midpoint that I'm in love with. Plus, they've got an absolute dream roster. They easily replace TCW as my ready-to-dominate promotion. TCW will be fun to rebuild, but CWA really looks like you can jump right in and have a blast booking.

So what does everyone think? I'm in love with their roster, in particular can't wait to book the women's division and figure out who will be the babyfaces to rise to challenge these heels who are super over.

What are you all going to look at booking?

I'm thinking of rebuilding the Decolt/Stone stable via a storyline bringing both the young stone kid (can't remember first name at work haha) and steve back in to face the Elite.

Might also do a NOTBPW stable, to keep that thread alive. cn't decide if I'd make them faces or heels at the moment.

I'm in love with the Queens Court

So lets hear it Canada players, whats rattling around in your head

just adding this from the other thread, missed there was already a CWA thread up and don't want to clutter the board

I'll post in the other one, but if a mod can delete that one or lock it thanks in advance

Added on internet B-show and have made it to the first PPV (5 shows). What's tripping me up is that the shows a graded on 'Ensemble', so I'm guessing an average of all matches. I'm a main event only guy so I'm losing popularity (and money) fast.

The option is there to change it, but I'm stubborn.

Called it! :D

In all seriousness though, CWA is weird for me.

The roster is HUGE (56 in-ring workers?), and it doesn't really cater for fans of CGC or NOTBPW.

The fact that it was born out of such a tragic story does make it all the better. Dan dying AT George's funeral is sad, and the DeColt brothers turning on Alex perhaps even sadder.

But then you hear that 4C went out of business, essentially because of CWA being formed and taking some of their talent, and it makes you think eh. I hate em.

Brand Split anyone?

Re: Alex

That's likely my only big gripe. I wish he had started some odd ball indy in Canada or something, or even started in another region as a promotion head who is nuts.

Him just being shoved off to a farm feels.....not what would happen.

Though to be fair I haven't pushed him to unretire, maybe he would

Just seems like Alex going nuts storyline could have really been a driver. Imagine if he bought the rights to the CGC name and competed against his brothers?

I'm gonna start a proper game with them after work, and see how I like it without changing too much. Given how alien a lot of the game feels, I need the most familiar characters I can get to play with. It looks like most companies have way over the minimum requirement of workers, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I'm just so used to keeping my roster close to minimums (a bit bigger in diaries) that it was a shock. I trial booked one TV last night and used such a small fraction of the available talent.

I'm very happy that a change to the Canadian scene was made, as things had been stagnant for a while. I was ready to see CGC come to an end. A merger seemed like a popular scenario in a lot of diaries/games over the years, but it's happened 5 years 'too late', with very few Stones (one?) and DeColts remaining. I don't know if that's good to force fresh ideas, or robs the company of its uniqueness. Dropping the players into the tail end of a massive stable war could have been an interesting place to start, as opposed to a main event scene that looks very TCW to me. Generic heel group. Younger hotshot babyface.

It could be fun figuring out what a NOTBPW/CGC hybrid actually is. My visions of the two promotions are so very, very different. Serious technicians with golf commentary on one side. Gods and demons and clowns and magic potions on the other.

totally agree, I feel like I need to cut a bunch of the Men's midcard to give this Women's division any time at all. I've also thought about splitting the Women off into their own brand and getting them a TV show and like....4 events a year that are just for them with their Title matches going on the PPV's during the year as well.

On the main event scene, also agree. I can't see NOT doing a storyline where the Decolts and the young Stone who's first name escapes me at work don't join forces to come back into the M/E scene. As you said, who's the babyface on the roster to push against these amazing heels other than Ricky and someone from outside the company?

Added on internet B-show and have made it to the first PPV (5 shows). What's tripping me up is that the shows a graded on 'Ensemble', so I'm guessing an average of all matches. I'm a main event only guy so I'm losing popularity (and money) fast.

oh wow, I hadn't even started running so yea not doing that.

I'm less stubborn, I'm hitting that button. having a roster with 56 workers being graded as an ensemble doesn't make sense to me.

The focus for me in my head cannon would be on the M/E and upper mid card while these younger guys learn the ropes/ get let go to reduce roster bloat.

Not quite. Ensemble is based on 40% of the ME, 40% of the other best match, and 20% of the rest of the card. So you really need two good matches instead of being able to coast on one. It's also worth noting that since Ensemble is slightly more difficult to work with, you get an additional bonus if you book well.