CWA Discussion Thread

Okay, I did another one of my attempts at rebooking a show to try and see the best way to raise your popularity. First thoughts - wow, this is TOUGH.

(Also, as you can probably tell from the number of times I'm saving and adjusting, this is definitely not meant to be showing off what an amazing player I am - I'm definitely not. I just wanted to explore it a bit and figured it might help people if they saw what I tried.)

For your product, you're looking for around 25% angles on TV shows. Remember that can vary by 15% either way so anywhere between 10% and 40% is okay. Angles seem more variable this time around, and I think I'd probably try to skew towards matches, but we'll see how this goes...

No dangerous, controversial, or bloody matches. No cinematic matches, eye candy, or deathmatches. Matches less than 15 minutes long will have a cap. Gimmicks needed, storylines needed, one story telling match per show needed. Crazy/stunt bumps can boost segments.

Match focus is ensemble - 40% main, 40% best other, 20% average of the rest of the undercard. Bonus if this results in a high rating. Angle focus is highlights, average of the three highest rated angles.

Size across Canada is 75, so we're looking to beat that. Ideally aiming for something in the 80s.

56 wrestlers is ridiculous. I'm going to be using a LOT in multi-man matches, a lot in pre-show bouts, and a lot just doing very little. With Total Elimination less than 2 weeks away, it seems a good time to have a lot of regular 3 vs 3 matches, mostly with teams who'll be on that show against people who won't.

Price and McFly for the World belt is our hottest storyline. Knight vs Vessey is our second hottest. McFly's body is WRECKED, though. He should last through a six-man, but I'm not loving putting him in the ring for a World title bout. That said, since it's all 3 vs 3 at Elimination anyway, let's not worry about that yet.

Knight is Red Hot so I want him in the main. Can I give away him vs Vessey? Yes, I think I can, given there are no solo matches at the next PPV. I'm going to book them in a slow build 30 minute time limit draw, with McFly and Price seconding them at ringside, building to McFly/Knight/??? vs Price/Vessey/Deeley. Post-match, I'll have a Vessey/Price/Knight/McFly brawl.

Other Elimination matches I want to build to - David Stone/Thunder and Lightning vs Impact/Dynamite Express, Allen/Brooke/Lauren vs Nadia/Jessica/Deborah, and Beau/DeColts vs Wolfe/Johnson/Mann.

Let's give Impact and the Dynamite Express a win to build momentum, putting them over Generation X and Sonny Wildside, who I have no immediate plans for, in a 16 minute match.

To build to the women's match, I'm going for Snow over Brooke in a number one contender's match, thanks to interference from Jessica Conroy. Post-match, The Queen's Court will try to beat down Easter, but Amber will save.

Opening things up, we'll go for Ricky DeColt over Marc Raisin in a 10 minute match trying to steal the show, with Jack DeColt cutting a promo prior to that.

For dark matches, let's go heavy on 3 vs 3.

McFly, Jack and Robby Griffin will beat Price, Omar Brown, and Princeton Pryce, Jack pinning Princeton.

Deborah, Jessica, and Demelza Wade will go against Amber, Ariel Breaks, and Natalie DiMarco, DiMarco jobbing to Wade.

David Stone and Thunder and Lightning will go against Marc DuBois, Antonio Del Veccio, and Chucky Dorrance in a high spots match.

And to warm the crowd up for that, we'll have Sean McFly vs Lee Rivera in a lift the crowd match.

Let's see how this goes...

McFly beats Rivera (64).

Stone/Thunder/Lightning over DuBois/Del Veccio/Dorrance gets 50. (Stone 40, Thunder 46, Lightning 42, Chucky 41, ADV 52, Marc 53). Selling bonuses for Marc and all 3 faces, charisma/SQ for David and Marc. Thunder gets one for managerial help and David for Hot New Move. David is penalised for being inexperienced, though, and Chucky for inconsistency/poor momentum.

Six-woman tag gets 47. (Amber 66, Young 44, Wade 43, Conroy 37, DiMarco and Breaks 40 each.) Star quality bonuses for Wade/Conroy/Allen, charisma for Wade/Conroy, gimmick for Young, selling for Breaks, and momentum for Allen. Conroy penalised for being inexperienced, Wade penalised for declining physical ability, Breaks for inconsistency. Segment penalised because not everyone is following the script... wait, we're scripting?!

I head back to the office to tell Raisin/Ricky and Easter/Snow to call in ring. I would tell the guys in the semi main to do this too but Jeremy Stone looks at me as if I have two heads when I mention letting Generation X do this.

While I'm in the office, I notice that I booked the broken down Sean McFly to go in two matches in the pre-show, which seems a dumb idea. Skip Beau gets put in that match instead of him.

That match is next, getting 66. (Price 76, Skip 67, Jack 63, Pryce 54, Brown 50, Griffin 48.) Star quality/charisma bonuses for everyone except Robbie and Omar; selling for Robbie, Pryce and Price, good momentum for Price, Jack, and Skip, and amazing babyface-playing for Skip and Jack. Unfortunately EVERYONE except Jack and Princeton are penalised for inconsistency, while Robbie is penalised for being inexperienecd and Jack for declining physical ability.

Onto the main show, Jack getting 84 for his promo, although it's limited for being short. Still, it gets the crowd hotter, and draws a bonus for being a good start to the show.

Ricky over Mark gets 69, and gets the crowd buzzing. (Ricky 68, Marc 53.) Both get bonuses for selling and going all out, Ricky also for charisma/SQ, but both penalised for inconsistency. They get a hot crowd bonus, though.

Nadia over Lauren gets 64. (Lauren 61, Nadia 56). Both get selling/charisma/SQ bonuses, Nadia also for great gimmick, good momentum, good psych. Hot crowd bonus for this one as well, although both are penalised for holding back.

Post-match women's angle gets just 44 - ouch.

And the semi-main gets just 55. (Syd 67, Impact 64, Cam 62, Sonny 60, Flip 43, Alyx 42). Charisma/SQ boosts for Sonny, Impact, both members of Gen X. Flip and Sonny for selling, Impact and Sonny for great gimmicks, Impact for good momentum, Flip for managerial help. Impact/Collier/Wildside penalised for inconsistency, Winters/Flip for inexperience, Flip for poor psychology and the match for lack of a storyline.

Knight/Vessey gets 78. (Knight 85, Vessey 81.) Both get bonuses for momentum/selling/charisma/SQ/slowly building the match. Knight gets one for a great gimmick, with Vessey getting one for being an amazing heel and for good psychology. Segment gets a bonus for being done to a hot crowd, but penalties for lack of heat from the associated storyline and for the storyline's low heat.

Brawl to end things gets 86.

Okay, 74 overall, no pop changes. Let's see how we can improve.

I ditch the women's angle, switch the two other angles around so we open with the brawl and close with Jack DeColt, and replace Generation X in the six-man semi main with Donte Dunn and Erik Strong. Let's see how that goes.

Brawl angle gets 78, getting the show off to a good start, and getting the crowd hotter.

Six-man semi-main gets 63 (Strong 66 and Dunn 72, with others' performance fairly similar to before.)

Main event 86, presumably with either the crowd being hotter or the storyline penalties being less?

And Jack promo 85.

Combined, that's a 79 show, still no pop changes, but a marked improvement.

Let's give it one more shot.

Okay, changes here - Ricky and Marc get 2 minutes more, Jack gets 2 minutes more for his angle, brawl gets 1 minute more. Mark Griffin replaces Sonny Wildside in the 6 man.

Brawl gets 80.

Raisin/Ricky gets 67, both penalised for stamina and segment penalised for a noticeable botch.

Semi is down to 62, Griffin's 63 not helping much.

Main gets 79.

Brawl gets 86.

76 overall.

I'm going to try ditching the women's match completely, and replaces with an angle in which Amber asks Lauren and Brooke to put aside their differences to team up with her next week at Elimination. I'm also going to change the 3 vs 3 to a 4 vs 4, adding in Diablo Duvak for the faces, and Sean Deeley for the heels, and make it a story telling match. I'm also going to throw in one more angle, an Aaron Knight promo to start the show, leading into that brawl, in the hope that it'll boost the storyline enough to avoid the heat penalty we keep getting.

Okay, Knight hits it out of the park with a 96 angle, which is so far beyond my wildest dreams I have to pinch myself. He apparently did a masterful job of improvising interactions with the crowd.

Wild brawl can't live up to that, but gets 82.

DeColt blows his ear drum, and Raisin is off his game, meaning their match slumps to 63. Locker room are unhappy with Raisin due to him botching and hurting the youngest DeColt.

Eight man tag gets 60, Duvak getting 55 and Deeley getting 70.

Women's angle gets 66, although Tyler improvises very badly.

Main event gets 84.

Jack's promo gets 97. Wow. Again, exceptional improvisation.

All that, and still only 79. Ouch.

Given how close that was, despite the injury, I'm tempted to just run it again and see if we have more luck, but I'll try a couple of things. First, I'm going to start a storyline between David Stone and Mr Impact, and have David at ringside watching the 4 vs 4 match. Second, I'm going to replace Raisin with tag partner Dermott Ayres in the opener, hoping that his slightly better psychology will pay off.

90 for Knight's promo, then 78 for brawl.

71 for Ricky vs Ayres, despite Ricky being off his game.

63 for the women's angle, but Amber and Lauren improvise badly.

61 for 8-man.

89 for main! Key here was a very hot crowd rather than the hot one we'd previously had.

And Jack gets my first 100 rating of 2020 with the main event promo!

83, and increases my popularity in 7 areas!

So, what did we learn?

Put Jack and Aaron in promos - or, more generally, have a couple of angles you think you can rely on to get good ratings.

It's doable with one incredible match, and the others being pretty good.

You probably want to skew towards the higher end of the angle ratio; I was definitely wrong there.

I'd be tempted to give up on the idea of getting a bonus for all matches being good, and throw in a few short ones instead of a longer one, simply to boost momentum and/or tag experience.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesseewiak" data-cite="jesseewiak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As somebody playing the CWA on my Twitch streams, your post really helped slam into my head to remember to give ole' Jack & Aaron more mic time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That’s good! I have to be honest, when booking it I had it stuck in my head that it was a higher match ratio needed than it is; I think if I’d make a match shorter and put maybe a Ricky promo in I could have done even better.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm gonna start a proper game with them after work, and see how I like it without changing too much. Given how alien a lot of the game feels, I need the most familiar characters I can get to play with. It looks like most companies have way over the minimum requirement of workers, so maybe that's how it's supposed to be. I'm just so used to keeping my roster close to minimums (a bit bigger in diaries) that it was a shock. I trial booked one TV last night and used such a small fraction of the available talent. <p> </p><p> I'm very happy that a change to the Canadian scene was made, as things had been stagnant for a while. I was ready to see CGC come to an end. A merger seemed like a popular scenario in a lot of diaries/games over the years, but it's happened 5 years 'too late', with very few Stones (one?) and DeColts remaining. I don't know if that's good to force fresh ideas, or robs the company of its uniqueness. Dropping the players into the tail end of a massive stable war could have been an interesting place to start, as opposed to a main event scene that looks very TCW to me. Generic heel group. Younger hotshot babyface. </p><p> </p><p> It could be fun figuring out what a NOTBPW/CGC hybrid actually is. My visions of the two promotions are so very, very different. Serious technicians with golf commentary on one side. Gods and demons and clowns and magic potions on the other.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I second all of this. I saw CGC in my head as something between Lawler and Vince in the 80s booking. While NOTBPW was 100% Bockwinkel/Gagne old school mat classic, real sports presentation. Not quite oil and water, but not far from it. Smashing these two together seems like folly. And with a roster this massive I don't know how it could work out long term, especially with Price on top, a guy who I liked but saw as a B+ player on a C+ roster. No way he hangs with the top dogs in NOTBPW and no way NOTBPW can cut a promo that doesn't drive half the audience to the exits. In my head, they don't carry each other. They both expose each other.</p>

By far by best show and may be the only one to have cracked 80. A lot seems to rely on being in a storyline...things need to have a reason for being on tv.

Anyway my current thought process is Sean McFly needs to go down the card...he can't cut it at his age and in a big decline....and until David Stone is ready, I believe it's finally Donte Dunn's time to shine and can easily be pushed up the card in a few months....He's not as good as the other Big 3 at the moment but he's a good babyface to fill that void...and his ties with the DeColts/CGC/Knight give plenty of opportunity for stories.

I think this would set up for a nice moment and Dunn to cement himself as a Main Eventer either at Wrestle Festival or Ultimate Showdown...possibly with a feud with Price and Elite or Cameron Vessey.

Vessey needs something imo...my most likely route would be his own Stable...or possibly giving him a bodyguard.

Tag Division could use one more team imo..but I tend to use a huge tag division...but I'm also not counting Jack and Ricky but that could easily be a nice direction...but I want Ricky to run with the TV Title and work with a lot of the younger undercard guys.

9ELZ0tX.png?1

Everytime the AI books CWA they seem to put Lauren vs Brooke in a singles match 5x in a row. They're not even in a feud. It just books the same match, same result (Brooke always wins). And yet the match ratings don't really decline. What's up with that? Do they have some magical connection that the AI drifts towards? :p

Everytime the AI books CWA they seem to put Lauren vs Brooke in a singles match 5x in a row. They're not even in a feud. It just books the same match, same result (Brooke always wins). And yet the match ratings don't really decline. What's up with that? Do they have some magical connection that the AI drifts towards? :p

I think the official TV Tropes term is "The AI Is A Cheating Bastard". I mean, it's not nearly as bad as the GM Mode in some of the earlier Smackdown games (the other show never worried about injuries, or morale, or money, and would just spam Hell In A Cell matches on WEEKLY TV).

<p>I'm now getting 70-75's pretty regularly and can confirm, you need to be an evolving version of CGC/NOTBPW....It's like Stampede suddenly started to move towards early 90's WWE and the Main Event got a ton of promo time</p><p> </p><p>

My advice (some self explanatory) </p><p> </p><p>

1. Don't be afraid to open up a developmental, shove even people that don't want to go to it there, and also written you are never going to use to train/go out to pasture so they don't affect the locker room. Also you can sign handshake deals and put people here as well. My plan here is the written guys I'll never use go down till they are out, and our "next generation" (main show and developmental) of the midcard is coming in under handshakes. There is no reason CWA should have the bloated midcard it does, not every guy here is going to be a star for the big 3 in america and needs a written. </p><p> </p><p>

There roster is just way to big. you have to pick the 45-50 or so wrestlers the roster can support and tighten up the shows. The top of the card is obvious, but there's a lot of flexibility on what the new direction of the company is going to be in the midcard coming up. There's just not enough work for all of them. </p><p> </p><p>

2. If you want a match to score in the 70's, it better go past 15 minutes, have a storyline, and involve Aaron, a Decolt, Vessey or Faith. </p><p> </p><p>

3. Abuse, Abuse, Abuse Steve. I have Steve open up events with run downs in his office of events, run guys through his office, have him pop up in fueds ect. I basically play him as Mr. Mac meets William Regal. HE can net you 90's in angles, and really puts the shine on other workers in the same segments. Another (gamey I'll admit) way to get storylines heat is to have Steve advance them in promo's when he runs the EVent card down. This gives those storylines a big boast. YMMV, i see this as fine since it's basically the GM focusing on those fueds. it is a good way to get like a 80-90 scoring segment in like....the Women's title scene. </p><p> </p><p>

4. This is optional, but I am blowing the roof off with changing Aaron to a Heel and having him go after Jack. They are ripping it up, I'm talking multiple 90's+ segments and 75+ matches. </p><p> </p><p>

5. Storylines are more important to the midcard than the game suggests. If you want an angle/match to score above a 40, it better have some sort of storyline attached. This can be the difference in the mid card between something scoring a 35-45 and a 50-60 from my testing. Even if it's going to be a silly storyline that advances once in awhile, if you have any plans to push a guy later ALWAYS have them in a storyline. </p><p> </p><p>

6. Don't put someone not in the Star or a very good well known worker in angles, and expect them not to bomb. These CWA fans love angles it seems, but ONLY if they are the greatest angle of all time if it's not a star. You can easily get 50's out of the midcard match wise, but good luck letting them talk. I do little 3 minute Video packages on them every once in awhile so they get exposure. Steve's great for this, have him mention a guy in the midcard in a promo and slowly the fans will start to care. </p><p> </p><p>

7. This one is more.....I guess my observation. The game WAAAAAAYYY oversells the Decolts starting to step back. Ricky is 35, he has 5 good years at least left. Jack can go at 42, and I fully plan on abusing him until he starts to slow down. I think your playing the game on extreme hard mode if you just keep them in the tag division, even if you don't turn Aaron for Jack. Steve pulls amazing ratings as the GM, if you want to go the evil authority figure route. You have to be abusing the Decolts if you want to get guys over still, and honestly I think they still deserve the top of the face card. </p><p> </p><p>

That said, Bloodstone and shooter are pretty done. As Heel heavy as they are, they only really have one Heel who isn't going to be a issue for you like a year or 2 in, Vessey. Faith I find ok, but not great.</p>

Gotta be honest, as a big NOTBPW fan for over a decade... man I do not like the CWA. The story of them makes so little sense to me, and I just can’t get into what basically feels like a SWF/TCW cross. I was super excited to try to play a NOTBPW that mostly failed to replace its big stars, and would just be McFly and Bloodstone with more unproven names. But it feels like playing SWF to me right now.

I hope everyone else is having fun with them, but the few times I’ve tried in the demo they have left me cold.

Oof finally got around to booking my first show and it was a rough 65, reloaded a few times changing things around and got 70

I tried to book it "normally" without making any changes, and yeah I'm going to be making lots of changes :p

1) B-Show: This seems like an absolute must. The women absoultley tank your A show, so if you dont want to get rid of the division but they can't be on your A show, this seems like a must.

2) As crownsy says, you gotta milk the stars. I was trying not to do this, but it seems like you absolutely HAVE to. I had the idea of using Steve as the on screen GM but didn't book him this show, and yeah seems like you have to. I also tried to doing Knight vs Shooter and Vessey vs Ricky, I re-loaded the game and tried flipping them in the main event slot and it didn't matter.

Cameron Vessey defeated Jack DeColt (Knight at ringside):79

Knight defeated Deeley: 64

Dynamite Express defeated Thunder & Lightning: 62

Mr. Impact defeated Diablo Duvak: 62

Donte Dunn defeated Mountie Mann: 53

ELITE Promo: 64

Steve DeColt show opening: 87

so yeah, I have some work to do lol

1) B-Show: This seems like an absolute must. The women absoultley tank your A show, so if you dont want to get rid of the division but they can't be on your A show, this seems like a must.

That's odd because in all my saves, the AI runs Brooke vs Lauren into the ground, and often as the semi-main event on TV and PPV. 5, 6, 7 weeks in a row, and it always rates in the mid 70s to mid 80s (even though Lauren never wins clean). Wait, I see a new matchup. Brooke defeated Laura Flame - 81. In my current save, the women are consistently beating the TV title matches. I'm not seeing this 'tanking' you're referring to. In fact, I'd say with the talent available to them, the women are about 5 or 6 weeks of development from MAIN EVENTING CWA shows (Brooke Tyler d. Lauren Easter Week 2 Jan rated 83 in the semi main, the same rating as Aaron Knight & Cameron Vessey d. The DeColt Boys in the main event).

Throwing them onto a B-show (aka wrestling purgatory) would be a waste, especially since many of them are working cheap, relative to their performance potential. Given the dead weight on the roster, the women's division is a closeted strength.

That's odd because in all my saves, the AI runs Brooke vs Lauren into the ground, and often as the semi-main event on TV and PPV. 5, 6, 7 weeks in a row, and it always rates in the mid 70s to mid 80s (even though Lauren never wins clean). Wait, I see a new matchup. Brooke defeated Laura Flame - 81. In my current save, the women are consistently beating the TV title matches. I'm not seeing this 'tanking' you're referring to. In fact, I'd say with the talent available to them, the women are about 5 or 6 weeks of development from MAIN EVENTING CWA shows (Brooke Tyler d. Lauren Easter Week 2 Jan rated 83 in the semi main, the same rating as Aaron Knight & Cameron Vessey d. The DeColt Boys in the main event).

Throwing them onto a B-show (aka wrestling purgatory) would be a waste, especially since many of them are working cheap, relative to their performance potential. Given the dead weight on the roster, the women's division is a closeted strength.

The AI, is the key section here. They aren't subject to the same handicaps as a human player and would probably explain it.

The whole CWA situation baffles me. The size of their roster, the product, the backstory etc.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's odd because in all my saves, the AI runs Brooke vs Lauren into the ground, and often as the semi-main event on TV and PPV. 5, 6, 7 weeks in a row, and it always rates in the mid 70s to mid 80s (even though Lauren never wins clean). Wait, I see a new matchup. Brooke defeated Laura Flame - 81. In my current save, the women are consistently beating the TV title matches. I'm not seeing this 'tanking' you're referring to. In fact, I'd say with the talent available to them, the women are about 5 or 6 weeks of development from MAIN EVENTING CWA shows (Brooke Tyler d. Lauren Easter Week 2 Jan rated 83 in the semi main, the same rating as Aaron Knight & Cameron Vessey d. The DeColt Boys in the main event).<p> </p><p> Throwing them onto a B-show (aka wrestling purgatory) would be a waste, especially since many of them are working cheap, relative to their performance potential. Given the dead weight on the roster, the women's division is a closeted strength.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You cant book the same over and over as it will give then repetitive penalty. and thats also the two best workers. not includuing rest of the womens division or angles that are needed to logically push forward storylines</p><p> </p><p> I will go back and see what I can get out of womens matches but highly doubt I'm going to pull an 83 from Tyler vs Easter</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The AI, is the key section here. They aren't subject to the same handicaps as a human player and would probably explain it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Brooke v. Sally Anne Christianson - 78; Lauren v. Nina Cacace - 81; that's with me booking it. The combinations are there to produce. The AI does it because it doesn't have to follow the rules but a human player, even constrained by those rules, should <strong><em>ALWAYS</em></strong> do better.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesterx7769" data-cite="jesterx7769" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You cant book the same over and over as it will give then repetitive penalty. and thats also the two best workers. not includuing rest of the womens division or angles that are needed to logically push forward storylines</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Again, I said with 5-6 weeks of development, the division could be pulling off those kinds of ratings easily. From the start, you have about 7 workers who can produce (Brooke, Lauren, Nina, Sally Anne, Nadia, Laura Flame, and Amber Allen). Seven of fifteen workers overall. Isn't the whole point of booking (especially sports entertainment) to use the popular workers to raise the less popular ones? Zoe Ammis can be on the same level of Brooke and Lauren and it would only take about a month or so of "work". Make her Steve's assistant and have him berate her once or twice a show. He punishes her by booking her in a match against Nina.....and she WINS! And there's your starting point for her ascent. Sally Anne always gives me trouble because her render is so bland I forget about her. (<em>So why don't you find a new render for her?</em> Because I'm stupid. Duh!) But she can be booked like any other try hard, underdog babyface.</p><p> </p><p> With their Ensemble match focus, if a match doesn't feature at least two of your top 7, I'd stick it in the preshow. I'm just saying relegating the women to the graveyard shift on a B show would be a grave disservice. Dollar for dollar, they're probably the most valuable members of the roster not named DeColt, McFly, Stone, Knight, or Bloodstone.</p>

Sally is actually one of the only original renders I'm keeping, because it does stand out. You might call it bland, but she is kind of a bland worker too so. And somehow it fits the name for me.

As for the women's division problem: it's finally been fixed. I haven't exactly tried, but the AI got a bunch of 90's out of their hat with Brooke vs Lauren. Doubt that I can reproduce it.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sally is actually one of the only original renders I'm keeping, because it does stand out. You might call it bland, but she is kind of a bland worker too so. And somehow it fits the name for me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I split the difference and started using J Silver's render of her. It's still toned down (not nearly as interesting as Velvet or Aki or Coco or even Yoko) but at least with a little bit of flavor.</p>

meh, I guess the issue is i'm just garbage at the game. oh well.

Steve DeColt Openening: 86

Sean McFly vs Shooter Sean Deeley: 64

Cameron Vessey vs Erik Strong: 76

Lauren Easter vs Nina Cacace: 61

Brooke Tyler vs Sally Anne Chirstianson: 65

Overall rating: 71

No sir. Remember that the AI doesn't play by the same rules. That's why I said specifically 'with development'. If Steve breaks up an argument between Brooke and Lauren and books them to fight each other next week, that's development. But relegating them to the 'autobooker broken toy basket' (B show) won't accomplish that.

Only the AI can spam the same matches and get great ratings right off the bat but there's no plan with the AI. It's a moron, which is why I say human players should always be better. The rules have to be waived for the AI or else every company except the human controlled one would tumble into the abyss of 'insignificant'. But that McFly-Deeley match looks like it was dinged hard for something. I would've expected at least a mid-70s rating for that, unless the match aim toned it down quite a bit.

<p>You really need to rely heavily on storylines. Segments that don't really advance one of them aren't going to score strong.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the women...I have played almost exclusively as CWA so far in the demo and haven't really had a problem with them. They're very much like the men...use Steve and the top Women and build from there. Hell usually a few of them end up on my NBT and/or Hot Prospects. There's also plenty of talent to go out and sign and/or develop, if the current ones don't jump out to you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47614" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No sir. Remember that the AI doesn't play by the same rules. That's why I said specifically 'with development'. If Steve breaks up an argument between Brooke and Lauren and books them to fight each other <strong><em>next week</em></strong>, that's development. But relegating them to the 'autobooker broken toy basket' (B show) won't accomplish that. <p> </p><p> Only the AI can spam the same matches and get great ratings right off the bat but there's no plan with the AI. It's a moron, which is why I say human players should always be better. The rules have to be waived for the AI or else every company except the human controlled one would tumble into the abyss of 'insignificant'. But that McFly-Deeley match looks like it was dinged hard for something. I would've expected at least a mid-70s rating for that, unless the match aim toned it down quite a bit.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> how many months did it take you to get the 78 and 81 mathces then? I was thinking of doing a womens tournament to get Steve invovld to naturally slowly get their Pop up</p><p> </p><p> edit: the show i posted was week 2 in January, I'm reloading to look at the McFly- Deeley, I know there's no storyline but might be something more</p>

anyone else think of bringing westybrook back in? had a big six man tag planned with knight and the decolt boys vs elite, but jacks contract is expiring and he conflicts with one of my owner goals so i can’t re-sign him. hoping steve signs him himself but i’m bringing in westybrook to replace him just in case.

Alright same show as above but made some tweaks

Opening with Steve, included Brooke and Lauren (all rated on Entertainment): 73 (still hot)

Sean McFly vs SHooter Sean Deeley, had Price interfere: 72 (note the storyline added 8 pts to this match)

Lauren Easter defeated Nina Cacace, Brooke itnerfered: 60

Brooke Tyler vs. Sally Anne, Lauren at ringisde: 65

Vessey over Strong, Knight at Ringisde: 76

Overall rating 75

So I guess you pretty much have to include a storyline or it tanks the segment. And not let the women do Angles on their own (include Steve, or even Duane/Jeremy probably). I really didn't want to do it, but I think I am going to bring Dan Stone Jr. back, he's a head trainer now but would make sense for him to manage youngsters to go with the Dojo. Apparnetly letting the women do their matches is atleast passable, or book angles for under 2 minutes so it doesnt effect show (does that still exist?)

The men's side I'm not as worried about as pulling 60's seems pretty easy, then you do your main event to pull a high 70's hopefully

Strange. The women pull perfectly acceptable ratings for me. At least the 4 who are in the storylines.

On the very first tv show Brooke and Lauren in an angle based on entertainment, by themselves scored a 73 for me, without needing to use one of the Decolts or Stones.

The next show I ran an entertainment based angel that included Brooke, Lauren, Amber and Nadia, and got a 76. (I was running out of time in the show and had to throw them all together.)

Strange. The women pull perfectly acceptable ratings for me. At least the 4 who are in the storylines.

On the very first tv show Brooke and Lauren in an angle based on entertainment, by themselves scored a 73 for me, without needing to use one of the Decolts or Stones.

The next show I ran an entertainment based angel that included Brooke, Lauren, Amber and Nadia, and got a 76. (I was running out of time in the show and had to throw them all together.)

I mean, I'm not at all surprised by that, as Brooke, Lauren, and Nadia were all incredibly charismatic performers in 2016. Amber is a bit of a surprise, though. She was okay, but in 2016 you'd usually want to rate her on Sex Appeal.

(I also found it highly amusing that Amber Allen, the "Forget about flash and showmanship, let me be the greatest female technical wrestler EVER", would be one of the women who'd pose nude for XTC.)