TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

What's the best way to gain popularity outside of your home Regions?

I'm currently around 72 in all of the UK and Europe. However I am between 0-3 in all other territories. When I visit the USA I get 60 people show up. Bare in mind it is 1993 and I am giving them a headline match with Roddy Piper and Owen Hart.

Thanks in advance!

When negotiating does 100% to the company mean 100% of it goes to me, or does it mean 100% to the broadcaster?

100% to the company means 100% to you. That's why the higher the percentage the less likely the broadcaster is to accept the deal, since they are making less money.

I have 2 probably stupid questions:

1 When a worker has announced upcoming retirement is there a way to see the exact date they will become unavailable?

2 What stats make a good road agent?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have 2 probably stupid questions:

1 When a worker has announced upcoming retirement is there a way to see the exact date they will become unavailable?

2 What stats make a good road agent?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

1 When you talk to worker, one of the options will be "rethink your upcoming retirement" - it will tell you how long before (though not an exact date). However, it is 3 months from the day when the story comes out.

2 I think Respect & Psychology are what you want, but I could be mistaken.

Hello. I am new. I was wondering what all the Match Focuses mean? I can guess at the Main Event focus, but what is Three Ring Circus and the others?

This is explained in the handbook, but basically;

Regular Focus weights the overall match rating at 70% of the main event, 20% of the next best match and then 10% of the rest of the show.

Main Event focus is 90% of the main event and 10% of the rest of the show, so you better have a good main event.

Three Ring Circus is 40% of the main event, 40% of the next best match and 20% of the third best match.

The other one (ensemble) is the average rating of the three best matches, I think. It’s the one I haven’t used so I don’t have it memorised.

So if you have the roster to consistently put on two or three main event level matches, three ring circus can help balance an underwhelming main event, but if you’re short on main events, then regular or main event focus means you only need one great match and maybe another solid match.

Can B shows cause you to drop in size due to popularity falling?

In my '97 game I just had a 100 Royal Rumble PPV, 92 Raw, 90 Shotgun (also an A show), 92 Raw...

Then I just autobooked my Superstar tapings (B show). 4 shows... 47, 40, 45, 50

I just assumed they wouldn't matter or affect me any....

Then it loads up the next day and everything has gone to crap. I dont even feel like playing anymore.

Can B shows cause you to drop in size due to popularity falling?

In my '97 game I just had a 100 Royal Rumble PPV, 92 Raw, 90 Shotgun (also an A show), 92 Raw...

Then I just autobooked my Superstar tapings (B show). 4 shows... 47, 40, 45, 50

I just assumed they wouldn't matter or affect me any....

Then it loads up the next day and everything has gone to crap. I dont even feel like playing anymore.

What do you mean by "everything has gone to crap"? B-Shows shouldn't affect your popularity.

But things like being dropped by a brodcaster because of the quality of the shows or swings of the Wrestling industry & Economic will

some question from new player :

1. if worker dont want to negotiate with my company - because he left my company with low morale in the past - how can i make him to change his mind?

2. what the best way to make money for medium and big sizes company's ?

3. how i know when its right time to change role from heel\face?

4.how can i sign players from WWE (or other biggest company) - what i can offer them to do the offer more attractive ?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tomkane" data-cite="tomkane" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>some question from new player : <p> </p><p> 1. if worker dont want to negotiate with my company - because he left my company with low morale in the past - how can i make him to change his mind?</p><p> 2. what the best way to make money for medium and big sizes company's ? </p><p> 3. how i know when its right time to change role from heel\face? </p><p> 4.how can i sign players from WWE (or other biggest company) - what i can offer them to do the offer more attractive ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1) I believe time is the only thing that can fix this. </p><p> 2) This can depend on a lot of things, obviously you got two options and I guess you always want to be doing both...</p><p> </p><p> a) Keep costs down (make sure you're not spending more than you need to on workers contracts, production costs etc)</p><p> b) Increase revenue (Main thing for this is getting the best tv and ppv deals, negotiate to get the best slot possible, highest split of revenue they'd accept etc) </p><p> </p><p> Again a lot of this depends on your individual circumstances though I suppose. </p><p> </p><p> 3) A lot can go into this, if someone has really low momentum then a face/heel turn and gimmick change can reset this (so perhaps the best time is once you have passed on their momentum to others), also if a gimmick is stale and you want to change that it might make sense to do it at the same time as a turn. Then there's the whole building up turns... shock turns can work well but if you do too many in a short space of time it can go badly. So you want to try and set some to be turning for a while to let them foreshadow it... This can backfire though if you do this for too long. </p><p> </p><p> 4) Obviously if WWE just have loads of money then this will often be hard. Assuming you can't compete with the base salary, you can offer them longer ones which people often like, you can give them perks such as creative control, you can promise them a certain position on the card.. all of this can help swing it but realistically if the WWE really wants them you'll be fighting a tough battle but I suppose that's realistic!</p>

<p>What are the advantages of a TV show over a weekly event model that? Assuming both are on the same station.</p><p> </p><p>

I ask because popularity growth is MUCH faster in events (and for some reason that I can't understand this has just been made stronger as the latest patch has made pop growth on TV slower). I understand if a promotion has both </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

But I'd assume TV shows have some benefit? Or at least is there some reason why running 4 events a month is a bad idea? I'm playing as RAW and it just feels like there's a hell of a lot of negatives to only having TV but I suppose I don't exactly understand the differences between weekly TV show and weekly event.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the advantages of a TV show over a weekly event model that? Assuming both are on the same station.<p> </p><p> I ask because popularity growth is MUCH faster in events (and for some reason that I can't understand this has just been made stronger as the latest patch has made pop growth on TV slower). I understand if a promotion has both </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> But I'd assume TV shows have some benefit? Or at least is there some reason why running 4 events a month is a bad idea? I'm playing as RAW and it just feels like there's a hell of a lot of negatives to only having TV but I suppose I don't exactly understand the differences between weekly TV show and weekly event.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would like to know this too</p>

<p>What is the best way to increase worker perception?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a tag division in my promotion that is nearly entirely made up of workers with Unimportant perception. This is proving impossible to book matches in the division as its Jobber vs Jobber essentially and i am getting penalised for it.</p><p> </p><p>

Any help would be appreciated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the advantages of a TV show over a weekly event model that? Assuming both are on the same station.<p> </p><p> I ask because popularity growth is MUCH faster in events (and for some reason that I can't understand this has just been made stronger as the latest patch has made pop growth on TV slower). I understand if a promotion has both </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> But I'd assume TV shows have some benefit? Or at least is there some reason why running 4 events a month is a bad idea? I'm playing as RAW and it just feels like there's a hell of a lot of negatives to only having TV but I suppose I don't exactly understand the differences between weekly TV show and weekly event.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its been asked before to have TV shows given advantages over events but it doesnt look like it'll happen. I'm pretty sure TV shows give workers 25% of a popularity bump they'd get on an event; plus bigger crowds, no holding back & people willing to do crazy bumps (leading to better matches). Purely numbers wise there's no reason to use TV instead of events.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tomkane" data-cite="tomkane" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>4.how can i sign players from WWE (or other biggest company) - what i can offer them to do the offer more attractive ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>4) Obviously if WWE just have loads of money then this will often be hard. Assuming you can't compete with the base salary, you can offer them longer ones which people often like, you can give them perks such as creative control, you can promise them a certain position on the card.. all of this can help swing it but realistically if the WWE really wants them you'll be fighting a tough battle but I suppose that's realistic!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It really depends on the worker and how you intend to use them. As a matter of principle, I do not give creative control to ANYBODY. That's a non-starter.</p><p> </p><p> If a worker is just going to be fodder for you, you're not going to beat the big company's offer because you're not going to be willing to pay that much. However, if the worker is going to become one of your biggest stars, it's relatively easy to poach them because you value them higher than the bigger company does. That's when you can start throwing in Expected Roles like 'Icon' and such.</p><p> </p><p> I was stealing workers from CWA and USPW and SWF at will, running a then-Medium QAW. This was mainly because I wanted those workers to be top draws while the bigger company only wanted them as sideshows (women's division, managers, etc). Just looking at news reports, I've gotten:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>USPW (Large)</strong> - Alicia Strong, Raven Nightfall, Miss American Pie, Faith McGee, The Bombshells, Wendy Anderson, Gorgon, Elizabeth Cartier, Jaime Quine, Belle Bryden</p><p> </p><p> <strong>SWF (Medium)</strong> - Ana Garcia, Dulce Moreno/Emmy, Kristen Pearce, Hannah Potter, Krissy Angelle</p><p> </p><p> <strong>EILL (Big)</strong> - Lucia</p><p> </p><p> <strong>21CW (Big)</strong> - Phoebe Plumridge, Vicki Company (they let her leave, no bidding war), Kathleen Lee</p><p> </p><p> <strong>RAW (Medium)</strong> - Brittini Burke</p><p> </p><p> <strong>CWA (Medium)</strong> - Amber Allen, Brooke Tyler, Hailey Hunter, Zoe Ammis, Claire Winters</p><p> </p><p> This ties in with your question #2: Look at worker attributes. If you have a worker who is 'Easily Marketable' or 'A Marketing Dream', it's perfectly justifiable to pay them more because they will generate more revenue than someone without those traits. Brooke Tyler, for example, is 'A Marketing Dream'. Her contract calls for her to get 35% of her merch sales. Right now, she's making QAW 99k a month <em>just off merch, </em><em><strong>after her cut</strong></em>. So paying her 60k a month makes perfect fiscal sense because she's drawing money. I share Yuma Maruya with 5SSW. She makes $1060 per appearance. I use her on EVERY show (A, B, PPV). Her contract gets her 10% of her merch sales. How much do you think she draws, also being A Marketing Dream? <strong>$125k</strong>. So for the 10 shows a month we use her for (4 A, 4 B, 2 PPV), we pay her $10,600 but she makes us $112,500. This is one of the easiest ways to passively profit in this game. The way I have my contracts set up, my merchandising revenue pays for my PC, backstage perks, and roster bonuses after PPVs. That's not even counting broadcast or PPV revenue.</p><p> </p><p> "But Remi, not everyone has those attributes". True. But they're just icing though. Coco Malloy made QAW $202k in merch last month and she's only a 'star'. All it takes is figuring out how you'll be using a worker and thus, how much it makes sense to pay said worker. If the worker is appearing on every show in some fashion, it makes sense to go in higher when engaged in bidding wars. But I promise you, if you set up your roster with merchandise as a major revenue stream (and thus, you invest heavily in improving your merch operation as quickly as possible), it will pay MAJOR dividends. Not just at the cash register (or till, for our English friends) but in what it gives you the freedom to do in other areas. Go after Tommy Cornell or Sean McFly, because your contracts are set up in a way that all of your current 'star' and 'major star' contracts are actually making you a net profit.</p>

<p> </p><p> </p><p> Although it wasn't me who initially asked the question, thanks for that response! I think it's shown me I've been neglecting merchandise when thinking about finances/contracts</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its been asked before to have TV shows given advantages over events but it doesnt look like it'll happen. I'm pretty sure TV shows give workers 25% of a popularity bump they'd get on an event; plus bigger crowds, no holding back & people willing to do crazy bumps (leading to better matches). Purely numbers wise there's no reason to use TV instead of events.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a shame. Thing is, I feel like TV shows have been nerfed on the assumption that you are also running PPV so it's a shame the game can't take into account when you're not. </p><p> </p><p> Do you know if there are ANY downsides to events over TV? I believe having say 4 PPVs a month can lead to buyrates going down. But I suppose 4 events shown on a commercial/ad revenue based broadcasting shouldn't have this problem. But then why is there even a distinction between weekly events and TV shows if you can put a weekly event on a TV station?</p>

<p>Is a tour show considered an 'A' show or above?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm negotiating with a worker who only wants to be used on Events or 'A' shows. I wasn't sure if this would make him unavailable for shows with the 'tour' intent if he had this clause. </p><p> </p><p>

Thank you!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Although it wasn't me who initially asked the question, thanks for that response! I think it's shown me I've been neglecting merchandise when thinking about finances/contracts</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh no, I was responding to your creative control comment. In my opinion, no one should ever be given creative control unless they're on a level with the Tommy Cornells and Sean McFlys of the world (at least in the eyes of the booker trying to get them). If you're going after KC Glenn and you're going to make him your figurehead (he's a great candidate for that, after all), sure, give him CC....but only as a last resort. For KC Glenn it's especially important because he's a selfish performer so he's unlikely to offer to put people over.</p><p> </p><p> But yeah, the merchandising system is a cash cow waiting to be milked. And it seems entertainment skills are what make a worker marketable (aside from attributes). Star quality is still important but I have a random gen with godly entertainment skills (88/88/86 when she debuted. 93/93/89 now, a year later) and she's moving merch with her 79 star quality that far outstrips people with higher SQ but lesser entertainment skills.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="suburbanhell" data-cite="suburbanhell" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are the trigger factors to make a new company appear? I am playing a 1991 mod where a new company should come out about 6 months into the game, but 6 years in and it still hasn't shown up, so clearly it's not just dictated by start date?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If they have a mandatory owner, they won’t open if that owner is not free to do so. If Jim Cornette is on a 10 year deal with WCW/WWF for instance, he’ll be unable to open SMW.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If they have a mandatory owner, they won’t open if that owner is not free to do so. If Jim Cornette is on a 10 year deal with WCW/WWF for instance, he’ll be unable to open SMW.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hmm. That must include Ongoing Handshake deals then? I cut the written contracts in the IGE to 1 day the first week of June and that didn't seem to help. Unless I'm missing something else?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Joshdb" data-cite="Joshdb" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is a tour show considered an 'A' show or above?<p> </p><p> I'm negotiating with a worker who only wants to be used on Events or 'A' shows. I wasn't sure if this would make him unavailable for shows with the 'tour' intent if he had this clause. </p><p> </p><p> Thank you!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Sorry to bump this but doesn't anyone know? Thanks again.</p>