TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Anyone have any advice for booking a ‘Classic Sports Entertainment’ product? I’ve almost exclusively played ‘Golden Age’ and I’d prefer not to make a colossal mistake.

Am I right in thinking it’s like 1980s WWF?

Alright, I'm not seeing this answered anywhere (I could have missed it, but I don't think I have), so I thought I'd put it here.

I have some workers who are MMA fighters, and, as things go, they will take time off to go do MMA fights. I'm simply curious as to what effect this has (if any) on their popularity, skills, heat, etc. (particularly if they win or lose said fight).

I generally don't have an issue with this, and I've wondered (outside of injury concerns) why more American companies don't promote their wrestlers who have MMA careers. But that's just me.

St.T

Couple of questions here:

Can I move my Company from Europe to USA, or do I have to close it and open it again in other location??

You can move through your Company Info button (as already mentioned), but do realize that once moved, your company will shrink all the way down to Insignificant in their new region (at least that's been my experience; at the time, I was running a Tiny company anyway, so it didn't worry me).

Anyone have any advice for booking a ‘Classic Sports Entertainment’ product? I’ve almost exclusively played ‘Golden Age’ and I’d prefer not to make a colossal mistake.

Am I right in thinking it’s like 1980s WWF?

That's how I've always read it.

St.T

But why would you not want them to get a pop boost from it. Say your megastar heel steals the mic from some rookie face, surely you do that to get the face a bump up?

If you're playing purely a numbers game then of course that doesn't help them, but if my intention was to get someone lesser over that wouldn't be my angle I use.

I'm running smaller "ppv specials" in between my big shows. However, I dont put all of my rivalries or big stars on them, this is giving them moral issues.

Is there a way to stop this? (without making pre show battle royals)

I use angles, like a highlight segment and put a bunch of people in it.

I'm running smaller "ppv specials" in between my big shows. However, I dont put all of my rivalries or big stars on them, this is giving them moral issues.

Is there a way to stop this? (without making pre show battle royals)

I believe you can set certain events to be 'Lesser Events'. It'll hurt the buy rate, but that's to be expected if you're not featuring all of your top talent.

Brand splits can also work. One brand for top stars. Another for lesser. Then set the minor PPV to that lesser brand, and every other show unbranded.

You can also send people on holiday for a week, but that might interfere with TV.

How big is the penalty for having a Face v Face main event when Face/Heel divide is turned on? My original plan was just to follow Mania 14 main event and have Austin take title off HBK as only HBK is more popular than Austin in my current save, but HBK is selling too much merch so is refusing to turn. Thought I'd just go a "I need to know who's better" route but don't want to tank my ratings.

Is there any upside or downside for a child company (or any company, really) to only have alliance titles ?

Like, say I want every NXT/NXT UK title to be alliance titles so they can also be defended in both child companies and in the main roster every once in a while, would they lose prestige because they're not reserved to a company ?

Is there the need for the company to have at least one title that is only defended in their shows, or not ?

How do cinematic matches score with wwe product? I want to do a 3 on 3 Cartel Rules match, have it in my head they are running around a Mexican village, but don't want to thank my ratings or the fued

Does it automatically make it hardcore rules?

How do cinematic matches score with wwe product? I want to do a 3 on 3 Cartel Rules match, have it in my head they are running around a Mexican village, but don't want to thank my ratings or the fued

Does it automatically make it hardcore rules?

Just done this and got a 45 rating and said it was unsuitable for the company, despite getting a note that the cinematic effect worked well and our industry leader package helped it.

What part of it isn't suitable for wwe? I made sure it was a low content match, so what bit has gave me the poor result?

Check your Product screen, it should tell you whether Cinematic matches will get penalised (along with any other specific match types).

iQhCE0W.png

Anything too wrestling-focused or traditional tends to penalise Cinematic matches.

None of Cartoon Wrestling, Classic Sports Entertainment, Attitude Entertainment, PG Sports Entertainment and Ruthless Aggression are supposed to penalise Cinematic matches. Crash TV doesn't either. So I'm not sure what product you're running with your WWE. Competitive Entertainment does, but that's not what WWE should be using really.

Is there any way to change your UC without losing the points you gained? Inoki in my game is declining in every regard, hes at 60... so fair on him. I want to "change ownership" I imagine there isn't a way to do so but figured I'd ask

You can however use the Remote Help part of the game to use the game cheat codes to help you. Entering "empleh" without the quotation marks will give a list of almost all the codes for the game, with the "sophie" code maxing out your user skills and the "liftmeup" code giving you the chance to add one at a time, which you could use to get back to where you are now :)