TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I've just got back into this after a year or so away, and I'm finding something frustrating.

No matter what I do, Zombie Boy is stuck at 70 pop in Canada with my Canadian company (Titanic, with Very Big coverage). He's averaging 82 in match ratings,  his own performance rating is in the 80s, he has white hot momentum, has won seven mid-level titles, has beaten people with higher pop...and just does not budge from 70. 

As I understand the guide, the caps are based on company factors (size, popularity, broadcast coverage) and worker factors (in-ring skills, entertainment skills & destiny). The former is obviously not an issue, which leaves the latter. If Flashiness and the fundamentals are not counted as in-ring skills, then his highest is Aerial in the early 70s. As to entertainment, his Charisma is around 80, but MIc/Acting are low.

Is this likely a combination of a very poor destiny roll combined with his stronger skills not counting for these purposes?

I have poached a few guys from SWF and noted that while they get decent match ratings for me, most were much better rated while in SWF.  

Part of it was the popularity of other people in the matches, but I also checked out product and have a question

SWF says matches are rated between 40:60 and 60:40 in ring action vs popularity depending on which gets the higher rating

My product says matches are rated 60:40 in ring action vs popularity depending on which gets the higher rating

Curious what the difference is functionally

Also, I noted both products say matches should not be called in the ring and are scripted.  Just making sure my understanding of the handbook entry is correct in that this is an AI booking note and I'm not getting an actual penalty for letting 2 high psychology workers call it in the ring.

Sounds like he's reached the cap for his current gimmick.  Try changing his gimmick to something else OR turning him in order to refresh his character, which will give him a new cap in the eyes of the fans as they are seeing something different from him.  Usually when a gimmick caps like this it's because a worker has grown significantly in popularity since the last time they had a significant characer change.  Hopefully that'll shuffle things up enough for him to get a bit higher up for you, though he's also likely trending towards his own natural populariy cap too.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:31 AM, Adam Ryland said:

You can't make people head booker as that's the role you / your avatar is filling.

You can't affect the AI's contract choices, it's based on their current circumstances.

That is disappointing as when you add a player to fix some issues you can choose owner OR booker. Not horrible but the head booker usually leaves the company after you leave the game

As for contracts, if it isn't a huge hassle, it would be nice (not necessary, but nice) if a company or better yet, an era, only gives handshake deals. I am having big issues with Paul Boesch and Gulf Athletic signing exclusive written when really Houston was just a weekly cavalcade of other promotions top wrestlers getting a good paycheck for a one off match. Any way I can manipulate the company to better emulate what Boesch did?  I am thinking making max size small and only having one house show and one TV show both on Saturday, with the show 1 hr and the house show 2 hrs. Maybe a hiring rule would help?

Anyone have an issue with the AI companies not using managers correctly? 

I am sort of an outside viewer using an unemployed avatar to test my 'fix' (using wrestling database and cagematch to fix early wrestlers & Original Wrestling documentaries to fix companies and their personnel)  of @Mammoth WONDERFUL 1970s mod. BTW Mammoth, when I am done, I will give you my db to double check and use or discard if you wish.

Anyway, in my latest test, I had Bobby Shane and Billy Blue River in CWF, so I go in, become Lutteroth the Owner, hire Miss Sherri and Beverly Shade and make them managers of their husbands. I run a couple of shows, get their gimmick debuts, have them run angles with their new clientele and then leave the company. a MONTH later, Sherri and Shade have no clients.

I went into other companies and sure enough, no managers had clients. Did I do something wrong with the database?  All these companies have managers YES in their product screen. 

Sorry another question

For wrestlers coming in, how can I have someone like Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan get a look and contract over someone like Pete Doherty or Mike Shaw? Is it reputation? Respect? or both?  Should I make Hogan 20 respect, 60 reputation and lesser guys like 0 respect and 50 reputation? How about jobbers? They were valuable in the 80s, should I make them higher with lower overall stats and a low ceiling with stats?

59 minutes ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

That is disappointing as when you add a player to fix some issues you can choose owner OR booker.

You can choose owner AND head booker, or, just booker. The "Play as owner" button doesn't mean literally JUST the owner as this is a booking sim so naturally you're playing as the booker too.

This might be a dumb question, but I figured it's better to ask than regret it. I'm planning on making a fully custom world to run in the game, and I don't wanna get like 2/3rds into it and having the next version drop and have to re-do everything for that version. Are we likely to get a 2023 or 4 TEW, or is 2020 still shelf stable for a while?

Hi folks, I tried a DIW save earlier and am now playing a bit of ACPW. Both of these have products that have fans 'turn on workers they don't think belong'.

In DIW, East Coast Panther, Big Rig and Chopper Rourke were among the people who the fans disliked.

In ACPW, they dislike Robin Newman and Zachary Inc.

I can't work out the specific reasons why. I thought the DIW turn was because they had bad psychology, but other wrestlers with similar do not have the issue.

What is it?

7 minutes ago, mdycnt said:

Hi folks, I tried a DIW save earlier and am now playing a bit of ACPW. Both of these have products that have fans 'turn on workers they don't think belong'.

In DIW, East Coast Panther, Big Rig and Chopper Rourke were among the people who the fans disliked.

In ACPW, they dislike Robin Newman and Zachary Inc.

I can't work out the specific reasons why. I thought the DIW turn was because they had bad psychology, but other wrestlers with similar do not have the issue.

What is it?

Pretty sure you need to look at the Basics stat. I believe that's the connected stat.

Do 'left off show' complaints still apply when you have another Event scheduled for the same month? I'm planning on running my finale event as a two-nighter, I'd like to think that the people not being used on Night 1 will remain happy so long as they're on Night 2 but wanted to check.