TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

9 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Where are your shows being held (i.e. just in Wales or looping around Britain?) and do you have any broadcasting deals in place?

Thanks for responding!

I was looping around Britain previously (and even holding the odd show or 2 overseas, but they were losing me a lot of money, so I stopped). Since growing, I've been sticking to Wales while everything settles as the higher attendance is offsetting the increased production costs.

And yes, I already had deals with Wrestleworld GB and UK-1 when we were Small, and I've also now signed up to OnDem since we got to Medium. I tend to use all 3 for each show.

42 minutes ago, ElPolloDiablo said:

Thanks for responding!

I was looping around Britain previously (and even holding the odd show or 2 overseas, but they were losing me a lot of money, so I stopped). Since growing, I've been sticking to Wales while everything settles as the higher attendance is offsetting the increased production costs.

And yes, I already had deals with Wrestleworld GB and UK-1 when we were Small, and I've also now signed up to OnDem since we got to Medium. I tend to use all 3 for each show.

I can't give you a definitive answer as there's too many variables at play, but from your description I'd say it's very likely it's just down to the size of the regions involved. London and co are significantly bigger than Wales and so they get the benefits of things like increased spillover, hence the slight disparity. Being in a 'weaker' region compared to a powerhouse hub like London is always going to mean certain struggles, as it would in reality. I don't think you actually need to relocate so much as to adapt your thinking to take into account that your home market may never be as strong as the key city down the motorway.

4 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

I can't give you a definitive answer as there's too many variables at play, but from your description I'd say it's very likely it's just down to the size of the regions involved. London and co are significantly bigger than Wales and so they get the benefits of things like increased spillover, hence the slight disparity. Being in a 'weaker' region compared to a powerhouse hub like London is always going to mean certain struggles, as it would in reality. I don't think you actually need to relocate so much as to adapt your thinking to take into account that your home market may never be as strong as the key city down the motorway.

Okay, thanks. I figured it was probably something to do with that, but thought I'd ask as it seemed to be progressing differently to how it had been until that point.

On 2/20/2023 at 3:19 AM, Adam Ryland said:

The rate of growth and caps differ depending on the 'home' area, so if you're a Mexican company, for example, then the effects are different in Mexican regions to American regions, and very different from Oceania; from the sounds of it you've just maxed out your foreign gains for the time being.

Huh.... well that pretty much means I'm done playing this game for good. I just put in 8 more weeks with a high popularity of 37.... I'm running shows in the low 70s now and gaining no popularity at all.

Since this is intended, it means playing is a complete waste of time since I can't improve. I'm putting in the work for no reward, no reason to play!

Edited by 84paradigmshift

7 minutes ago, 84paradigmshift said:

Huh.... well that pretty much means I'm done playing this game for good. I just put in 8 more weeks with a high popularity of 37.... I'm running shows in the low 70s now and gaining no popularity at all.

Since this is intended, it means playing is a complete waste of time since I can't improve. I'm putting in the work for no reward, no reason to play!

Ok man calm down, this is a simulator game you are not going to constantly gain popularity its going to take a while to grow wrestling companies don't just gain popularity consistently its a gradual growth.

13 minutes ago, moststay said:

Ok man calm down, this is a simulator game you are not going to constantly gain popularity its going to take a while to grow wrestling companies don't just gain popularity consistently its a gradual growth.

I'm calm, I'm just stating the truth.

Adam confirmed its intended we play long periods with no growth at all, so playing for no reward is for me, a waste of time. You also missed the part where growth stops entirely on purpose for a period of time.

Ah well, is what it is. This was my game to kill quiet times, I'll just find another that rewards the work I put into it. No harm no foul.

6 hours ago, 84paradigmshift said:

Adam confirmed its intended we play long periods with no growth at all,

To clarify, that's not what I said - I said you might be maxing out your popularity in foreign regions, which would be a short term (per month) effect, not long term (it also wouldn't be "no growth at all", it'd be specifically limited to foreign regions that are geographically far away).

If you've done eight further weeks and are still seeing it then that would indicate that my guess was incorrect (as naturally that would preclude a monthly cap) and it's not to do with temporary popularity caps. Again, I'm happy for you to send me the save game if you want me to investigate further and fix it it if you have discovered a bug - instructions on how to send games are pinned to the top of the tech support forum.

1 hour ago, Tterrag said:

What's even the point of meddling in relationships, in locker room controls? It never seems to do anything

The point is hopefully mending the fences between enemies and what not. Just like reality tho, you can't just magically make two people get along. The more you do it, the more likely you'll get a positive or negative reaction to it.

That makes some sense, since it never seems to have an effect and every pair of workers I put in there is some variant on "extremely unlikely to do anything" I found myself wondering why the mechanic is even there.

For another question, will child companies do anything on their own? I've made one and they aren't hiring anyone, making events, etc. yet so I'm wondering if they'll just stay in stasis unless I do all the setting-up

27 minutes ago, Sprout1883 said:

maybe I am being a bit dim, but does show priority have any real effect?

does having events as priority lessen the chance of a company creating a TV show?

Priority refers to the order in which they happen when you have an event and TV show on the same night, not what a company is focused on.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 6:43 PM, Tterrag said:

For another question, will child companies do anything on their own? I've made one and they aren't hiring anyone, making events, etc. yet so I'm wondering if they'll just stay in stasis unless I do all the setting-up

If you created the company, no.  If you bought a company, they will.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, claxton110381 said:

I feel like I remember there being a way in older games to see a list of people suffering from fatigue.  Is there a screen for thatin TEW 2020? Or is the only way to see it through emails?

It's in the Skills window, in the Physical Health box.

My question is about asking a worker to come out of retirement. Is it even possible to do so? Are there hidden variables that contribute to a worker's willingness to so do? I know age is noted before you ask but I've asked some young workers (under 25) with full physical health, as a Medium company with plenty of resources and positive relationships (friends, best friends, blood relatives) on my roster and no one has been willing. Do they have to already be in my employ? (I'm not signing someone unless I know it's a sure thing or at least a strong possibility) Do they have to have possible roles set already?

3 hours ago, Remianen said:

It's in the Skills window, in the Physical Health box.

My question is about asking a worker to come out of retirement. Is it even possible to do so? Are there hidden variables that contribute to a worker's willingness to so do? I know age is noted before you ask but I've asked some young workers (under 25) with full physical health, as a Medium company with plenty of resources and positive relationships (friends, best friends, blood relatives) on my roster and no one has been willing. Do they have to already be in my employ? (I'm not signing someone unless I know it's a sure thing or at least a strong possibility) Do they have to have possible roles set already?

From what I understand what determines if someone takes your suggestion in Talk To Worker is based off your Diplomacy rating as well as their attributes. For instance someone labeled “Unable to Wrestle Again” will not be able to wrestle again. Workers also have attributes that may have been hidden by the mod maker as well.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, claxton110381 said:

I feel like I remember there being a way in older games to see a list of people suffering from fatigue.  Is there a screen for thatin TEW 2020? Or is the only way to see it through emails?

You can see a sortable list on the "contracts" screen. Fatigue is right next to morale.

20 hours ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

From what I understand what determines if someone takes your suggestion in Talk To Worker is based off your Diplomacy rating as well as their attributes. For instance someone labeled “Unable to Wrestle Again” will not be able to wrestle again. Workers also have attributes that may have been hidden by the mod maker as well.

That helps a lot, thanks. New save so my attributes are weighted heavily toward creative more than anything else. Might be a few years before I'll have enough in diplomacy to really stand a chance.

• Like 1

How do you fix the "we would have gained popularity in X regions but gain is limited by the amount of people there" (paraphrased) thing? Upgrading my broadcast coverage doesn't seem to have done it

Edit: got a screencap of what I mean

image.png.92f2ca97887c739b164e3390ab5f3dda.png

Edited by Tterrag

On 3/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, Tterrag said:

How do you fix the "we would have gained popularity in X regions but gain is limited by the amount of people there" (paraphrased) thing? Upgrading my broadcast coverage doesn't seem to have done it

Edit: got a screencap of what I mean

image.png.92f2ca97887c739b164e3390ab5f3dda.png

I believe this is due to the fact that your broadcaster isn't large enough to get full coverage in the game areas in question. From what I've noticed, it can be a case of a very small fan base (I get the same message for 1 region with an "Enormous" sized network in the US and it's because of Hawaii). Haven't tested it fully yet but I think it's due to the 'Natural Growth Limits' setting. Would make sense tbh. If you want to fix it, turn Natural Growth Limits off.

Edited by Remianen