TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

3 hours ago, Eidenhoek said:

Still don't know if developmental does anything more than the person learning from the segments they're in.  Is a performance center what accelerates learning?

I believe workers still do develop in developmental. This is at least based on the experience of having had workers entertainments skills improve in dev territory's with 0% angle products. Now, putting your dev worker in a performance centre in my experience is basically cranking up their development to the max. But really, the main benefit of a performance centre is being to develop main roster workers better than they would have been just working dark matches. I find it really works for workers with stamina issues, as long as they haven't already hit their ceiling.

Is Highlights just straight-up worse than Regular when it comes to angle focus? Reading the handbook, that's what it sounds like. Both of them are based on the top 3 angles, but Regular focus makes it so that the higher-rated angle is worth more in the calculation, so it will give better (or at least equal) results every single time.

Hey everyone, I am curious if there is a reason for this but I have noticed that a lot of my younger works seem to cap their brawling skills as regular works. I have a lot that just don't increase but everything else does. Is there a reason this is happening? I know that there's the cap but does the cap stop one specific skill and always the same skill? 

For example I am playing a game where Prime Time Jack Pryde's development has be stuck at 45 as a regular wrestler for over a year, but he is on excursion with Pro wrestling Saisho. Everything else has gone up beyond that 45 limit.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:43 AM, PaperMachete said:

On the topic of developmental, is there a way to allow a worker to both be on the main roster and the child company without manually moving them up and down? Like Dom Mysterio right now IRL, for example.

I don't believe so, unless you use the borrow feature. In my game, I used borrowed workers in tournaments for my Junior and tag team division. The cool thing is, that they stayed in the same position even though they were not part of the roster. 

22 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Is Highlights just straight-up worse than Regular when it comes to angle focus? Reading the handbook, that's what it sounds like. Both of them are based on the top 3 angles, but Regular focus makes it so that the higher-rated angle is worth more in the calculation, so it will give better (or at least equal) results every single time.

Well If you have two to three angles around the same rating on the high end it really doesn't matter. With Highlight only one angle matters so you can make what ever angles you want and not have worry about anything.

I'm guessing this is a Promotion wrestling focused?

1 minute ago, chm39 said:

Well If you have two to three angles around the same rating on the high end it really doesn't matter. With Highlight only one angle matters so you can make what ever angles you want and not have worry about anything.

I'm guessing this is a Promotion wrestling focused?

I'm confused about what you're saying here. Both Regular and Highlights focuses use the same number of angles, the top 3 rated.

Highlights: Average of the top 3 angles.

Regular: 70% of the highest angle, 20% of the second, and 10% of the third.

Since, by definition, the highest rated angle is going to be better than any of the others, Regular just seems straight-up better. If you have three high-rated angles, then yeah, they'll be about the same, but Highlights will literally never actually be better.

2 hours ago, mharmon99 said:

Hey everyone, I am curious if there is a reason for this but I have noticed that a lot of my younger works seem to cap their brawling skills as regular works. I have a lot that just don't increase but everything else does. Is there a reason this is happening? I know that there's the cap but does the cap stop one specific skill and always the same skill? 

For example I am playing a game where Prime Time Jack Pryde's development has be stuck at 45 as a regular wrestler for over a year, but he is on excursion with Pro wrestling Saisho. Everything else has gone up beyond that 45 limit.

Maybe that's their cap. I remember looking for a wrestler with at least 80 Brawling and only a hand full popped up. Not a lot of wrestlers in my world are top tier brawlers I guess. Flyers and Technicians are plenty though. I guess you can change the era to add more brawlers but you'll have to wait a decade or so for them to develop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

I'm confused about what you're saying here. Both Regular and Highlights focuses use the same number of angles, the top 3 rated.

Highlights: Average of the top 3 angles.

Regular: 70% of the highest angle, 20% of the second, and 10% of the third.

Since, by definition, the highest rated angle is going to be better than any of the others, Regular just seems straight-up better. If you have three high-rated angles, then yeah, they'll be about the same, but Highlights will literally never actually be better.

My apologies, I had Highlights confused for Tight focus. Yeah Highlights suck unless you are at the point where many of your upper roster can bust out a 90+ promo with ease.

8 minutes ago, chm39 said:

My apologies, I had Highlights confused for Tight focus. Yeah Highlights suck unless you are at the point where many of your upper roster can bust out a 90+ promo with ease.

But even then, it's still at best going to be equal. I'm almost convinced there has to be something the handbook isn't saying, like how Consistent gives a bonus if you manage to get good results. Because Highlights, unless I'm missing something, is objectively bad and you never want it.

If I'm reading the Handbook right-and, historically, I probably am not-tiny coverage has a popularity increase cap per show and per month, but, with enough time and good enough shows, a tiny-coverage company could still hit...50 popularity, or 70 popularity, or arbitrary-number popularity, right?

Or, specifically, I made a network with tiny commercials everywhere.  Eventually my company would have 60 popularity everywhere if my shows were good enough, right?

24 minutes ago, Eidenhoek said:

If I'm reading the Handbook right-and, historically, I probably am not-tiny coverage has a popularity increase cap per show and per month, but, with enough time and good enough shows, a tiny-coverage company could still hit...50 popularity, or 70 popularity, or arbitrary-number popularity, right?

Or, specifically, I made a network with tiny commercials everywhere.  Eventually my company would have 60 popularity everywhere if my shows were good enough, right?

There's also a hard cap to how high your popularity can get if your audience is very small in a region. I don't know the exact parameters, but you'll eventually reach the point where it will say something along the lines of "You would have increased in popularity in X regions, but you were limited by your audience size." That doesn't apply to the places where you run the actual shows, but it does apply to all forms of broadcasting. The only way to move past it is to have a bigger broadcaster.

31 minutes ago, Eidenhoek said:

Do Explosive Ring Style and Squash Master stack?

And why did my first show in a new company that was 10 points higher than my popularity not improve my popularity?

I tested it, and you only get a dirt sheet note for one of the attributes. That doesn't necessarily mean they don't stack, but it's most likely the case.