TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

On 9/23/2023 at 4:00 PM, Jaysin said:

I've asked this before and never got an answer. 

Are talents on developmental deal eligible to be traded to a non parent company via talent trade agreement or alliance trades?  The AI run promotions I mean. 

I have an original universe that will hopefully have a few different alliances and trying to set the Ai up how I want it to run.

Anyone? 

Hey, Im using AEW and was able to send developmental workers to ROH. I think I messed up and clicked something in the relationships screen now they recalled all my workers that I had sent down. They also wont accept my proposal to accept developmental talent because of not a big enough company. Any way to force them to do so lol

Is there any way to see how long someone in another company has left on their contract, or lengthen/shorten the time. Working on a particular game and for narrative purposes it would be good to play with the numbers.

**DISREGARD - I noticed where I was going wrong. The worker didn't have a Written contract so it was obviously just ongoing**

Edited by CQI13

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. (New forum account, but have been playing for about a year (irl, about 2-3 years in game) Anyways...my question. Is there a way so you (Adam/gds) add some more common 'exact finishes'? Like the one I want to do...is have a guest referee make an honest mistake (Like Ric Flair made a mistake at Backlash 2002 between Undertaker and Austin match)
The one I see in the Road Agent notes has a 'Screwy Ref" finish...but...this sounds more like its an intended action...like Shane McMahon fast counting at Deadly Game/SS 98. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 5:31 PM, x.ryan.nathan said:

I have a question. (New forum account, but have been playing for about a year (irl, about 2-3 years in game) Anyways...my question. Is there a way so you (Adam/gds) add some more common 'exact finishes'? Like the one I want to do...is have a guest referee make an honest mistake (Like Ric Flair made a mistake at Backlash 2002 between Undertaker and Austin match)
The one I see in the Road Agent notes has a 'Screwy Ref" finish...but...this sounds more like its an intended action...like Shane McMahon fast counting at Deadly Game/SS 98. 

To me the best thing to do would be to pretend that the thing is happening the way you want. Choose keep strong or protect for the person losing to show they're losing in a indecisive way. And then pick the finish you want whether that be pinfall, flash pin, submission or any other finish.

5 hours ago, mjmiller2010 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before but is there any pros/cons while doing an angle if you leave "storyline" to neutral all the time? Should I be using "success" and "defeat" more often?

Non that I'm aware of. I think it would be like two going out there talking but no one got any upper hand or anything.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:49 AM, Eidenhoek said:

Has anyone made a list of 80+ booker skill people?  I can't sort the database by booking, and I want to cheese convince someone to book for my dev territory, but I want them to be good.

One thing I will say anecdotally is that I care more about the other stuff on the booker profile than the booking rating. What I like one my dev territory is lots of matches with my best prospects being used, so tend to go for people (owner too) whose biases fit what I'm trying to do, before I even compare the ratings. Since it's a dev territory anyway I'm not sure how valuable a better booking skill is because higher ratings aren't all that important. I also have a preference in my dev territory for someone that likes frequent title changes, because that situation where they pick some little-upside scrub you forgot you had on a dev deal to be the champion for eighteen months is unbearable. I know you can force title changes in dev territories, but I always avoid doing that because it feels inorganic to me. Since your world champ is on pretty much every show, I like that love getting spread around a bit more.

While I'm talking about it I'll also say that I'm pretty sure the owner skills are pretty much irrelevant to a dev territory as you handle so much of it anyway, and even a child company that isn't a dev territory would have limited use of a 'great' owner. If I had to make a choice I'd choose someone who likes a large/massive roster and who likes to splash the cash (quick scan through the database shows Eugene Williams is a good example of this, obv on a written deal at game start though). This is just in case there's anything in the game code which means an owner's preferences will make them run less people on a card than possible, which I'm not even sure is the case tbh.

The big exception to this is if you want a booker who is able to give a mega-push (so needs a booking skill of 85+) or even just what the handbook terms 'special' pushes (65+). I debate the usefulness of this on a dev territory, as I either want to keep my dev guys unknowns so that I can control their push once they get onto the main roster, or it's a NXT-style deal where the territory has great broadcasting deals so can get guys to lower-midcard popularity (for your roster, which I find is normally what the popularity ceiling is for a champ in a dev territory) without the need for a 65+ quality booker.

So, for example, if you were starting a game in NA with one of the big companies who would I recommend as the booker for your dev territory? Having gone through the options available Day 1 I've decided my number one draft pick would be... Oscar Ozymandias. No, seriously, I would even consider getting rid of Wilson Carlisle in RIPW for him (which opens him up to being brought on as a main roster ref anyway). He likes charismatic talkers, so hopefully the people the ones getting that precious promo and match time will be the people most valuable to big NA companies (Charisma and Star Quality rule the world, after all), but more importantly he is a proponent of crash tv so you know there will not be an entrenched champion at the top, and his booking skill being over 65 means that he should be able to effectively push people. As a worker he's not even too bad to help some guys get experience, but he's probably soon destined for your territory's broadcasting team and/or a gig as a manager.

From what I can tell there is nobody available to hire in the USA (not going to do the whole game world, sorry) who has a booking skill of 85+ on game start for a territory position. But since I've got it open I'll do a quick list of people available to hire Day 1 that have at least 65 booking skill. I looked at the list twice, once with RIPW and once with a new territory as SWF that I gave the maximum starting popularity, remember the bookers you can attract is size dependent.

Barry Kingman (78, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Carl Batch (66, modernist)

Chess Maniac (72, longer reigns, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Chris Caulfield (72, modernist, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Craig Prince (65, modernist)

Damian Carvill (65, longer reigns)

Frankie-Boy Fernandes (70)

Genghis Rahn (69)

Greg Sluchinski (78, longer reigns, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Honest Frank (80, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Joan Rodriguez (72,only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Johnny Martin (80, modernist, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Lisa Bowen (65, modernist)

Madman Boone (78, quite short reigns, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough, maybe only rival to Ozymandias for me)

Marv Statler (70, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Mr. Lucha III (70, longer reigns) - also bit of a waste of a great talent to hide him in a dev territory this early

Oscar Ozymandias (68, crash tv, GOAT)

Pistol Pete Hall (68, longer reigns)

Ricky Dale Johnson (72, modernist, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

Slayyer (80, quite short, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough, okay Boone and this guy can rival Ozymandias)

The Guru (80, only for biggest possible size dev territory, RIPW not big enough)

The Wolverine (66)

Tigre Salvaje Jr. (70, longer reigns)

Too Hot (70)

Also if you do start as SWF looking at RIPW I guess you have to throw in that you start with Wilson Carlisle, 88 booking skill with a longer reigns preference. As RIPW you also have the option of replacing him with Mean Jean Cattley as he is the CEO of RIPW, he has 84 booking skill with no length preferences.

My quick response turned into a bit of a deep dive. Oh well, hope there's something useful here.

Hello, I was hoping to play a default CVerse game but with more life in the India world organically generated over time. Since the issue is they need more free pictures for new workers to use when generating would the easiest way to solve this (other than turning off the picture need, I'd rather have them) be to toggle some of the free pictures already included to also be the Indian race? I'm confused on how to make the pictures actually eligible to generate as Indian workers.

• 2 weeks later...

This probably has an obvious response. If I create a network, only my companies (me and child/dev companies) can be on it, right? I was thinking of setting up fictitious NWA companies in an alliance, but in order for them to use the created network, they would have to be my own, correct?

I could create it as a broadcaster in the database, but I want just my alliance to have access to it.

5 hours ago, CQI13 said:

This probably has an obvious response. If I create a network, only my companies (me and child/dev companies) can be on it, right? I was thinking of setting up fictitious NWA companies in an alliance, but in order for them to use the created network, they would have to be my own, correct?

I could create it as a broadcaster in the database, but I want just my alliance to have access to it.

If you create and own the broadcaster, yeah. Only you and your child companies can be on it.

1 minute ago, Historian said:

If you create and own the broadcaster, yeah. Only you and your child companies can be on it.

As I imagined. It's fine - if I ever get to that point I guess I'll have a few "NWA:(Fill in Territory)" and maybe one or two regular feds in the alliance, but only the NWA ones will be on the network. Thanks!

1 minute ago, CQI13 said:

As I imagined. It's fine - if I ever get to that point I guess I'll have a few "NWA:(Fill in Territory)" and maybe one or two regular feds in the alliance, but only the NWA ones will be on the network. Thanks!

If you create the broadcaster before hand in the editor, you could assign each company a broadcast deal and the limit the number of companies that broadcaster will negotiate with to be the same as the NWA territories you have -- that way it won't add new ones.

• Like 1