TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

31 minutes ago, Boerenkool said:

Hello everyone!

Fairly new to TEW2020. Bought the game just a few weeks ago, but really loving the storytelling aspect of the game and the world that it potrays. Made my own little company called 4YW (4 You Wrestling) and the company is based in the Netherlands. After two years my company is small approaching medium (didn't start on the highest difficulty or insignificant). I share a lot of wrestlers with EWA although I managed to secure a few wrestlers on exclusive monthly written contracts to be my stars or future stars after I read this as advice on the forum. 

Recently I tried to sign Brett Heartbreak to an exclusive written deal, because hese my tag team champion with Jason Dempsey and he has been putting up some decent matches. I also believed this would be a great storytelling event as his father is the owner of EWA and such this would be a nice betrayal/breakup story. I didn't want to break the bank as I'm not viewing him as a main champion contender just yet. As soon as I made the offer his dad (Byron) made him a counteroffer to stay exclusively on EWA. He eventually chose for EWA. 

Because of this event I'm now thinking of declaring war on EWA. But I couldn't find much info about wars except that workers can't work on both companies. Because I share a lot of wrestlers with EWA this would seem to have great effect on both our companies. What happens to the wrestlers who are currently active on both rosters when I declare war on EWA?

And as a side question: How could I end a war in the future?

Greetings,

Boerenkool

Welcome to the forum.

Declaring war wouldn't have an immediate impact on shared workers, but it would when either side tries to sign or extend deals as the worker would have to then choose. A war might also increase the chance of them aggressively raiding your talent. It can also have a knock on effect on your relationship with other companies.

You can try and end wars from the same screen that you declare them.

Hi, everyone!

I want to ask a few small questions about the active promotions with the "Random" option set as an "Open"-ing month and year in the database.

(To specify a bit: You know that all the promotions have an opening date (month and year) and women have a closing date and year, but there are these with "random" as opening and not closed yet) 

Will they be opened automatically?

And: Do they have a preset roster? 

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, Michelle_Kay83 said:

Hi, everyone!

I want to ask a few small questions about the active promotions with the "Random" option set as an "Open"-ing month and year in the database.

(To specify a bit: You know that all the promotions have an opening date (month and year) and women have a closing date and year, but there are these with "random" as opening and not closed yet) 

Will they be opened automatically?

And: Do they have a preset roster? 

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

They open automatically at a random date in the future, providing that they can (e.g. any mandatory founder is available). They do not have a preset roster.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:50 AM, Adam Ryland said:

Welcome to the forum.

Declaring war wouldn't have an immediate impact on shared workers, but it would when either side tries to sign or extend deals as the worker would have to then choose. A war might also increase the chance of them aggressively raiding your talent. It can also have a knock on effect on your relationship with other companies.

You can try and end wars from the same screen that you declare them.

Thanks for the answer and for making this awesome game. 

I have just declared war on EWA after our fight over Brett.

For inspiration. Is there a central place where people share their diaries/careers in this game?

11 hours ago, Boerenkool said:

Thanks for the answer and for making this awesome game. 

I have just declared war on EWA after our fight over Brett.

For inspiration. Is there a central place where people share their diaries/careers in this game?

That would be the Dynasties forum, which you'll find a little further down the board.

Thanks again and found it! Thinking about starting over with my game to truly make it a local to global save. To get the lowest reputation as a new company I see that I have to set the game to Rock hard. Are their, besides reputation and money, other aspects o the game impacted with the difficulty setting?

Hi, I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can help me with:

1. What determines if a storyline gains heat? It seems to me that I sometimes have matches/angles rated way higher than the storyline's heat, but the report just says the storyline advanced. for example, I've had Flair deliver a 100 rated promo set to advance a storyline with no heat gain. Conversely, I seem to sometimes have lower rated segments which do gets the "gained heat" line. I suppose I could be wrong, but it'd be nice to have it explained to me.

2. What exactly are the effects of a hotbed and is there a list over the different ones?

3. What are the effects of company prestige and how can I increase it? Playing as WWF and I just got hit with a huge sex scandal...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Team Kawada

15 hours ago, Boerenkool said:

Thanks again and found it! Thinking about starting over with my game to truly make it a local to global save. To get the lowest reputation as a new company I see that I have to set the game to Rock hard. Are their, besides reputation and money, other aspects o the game impacted with the difficulty setting?

No, only the things stated on screen are affected.

2 hours ago, Team Kawada said:

Hi, I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can help me with:

1. What determines if a storyline gains heat? It seems to me that I sometimes have matches/angles rated way higher than the storyline's heat, but the report just says the storyline advanced. for example, I've had Flair deliver a 100 rated promo set to advance a storyline with no heat gain. Conversely, I seem to sometimes have lower rated segments which do gets the "gained heat" line. I suppose I could be wrong, but it'd be nice to have it explained to me.

2. What exactly are the effects of a hotbed and is there a list over the different ones?

Thanks in advance!

Storylines gain heat if the segment rating is higher than the current heat and at least two major players are involved. So your Flair example doesn't raise heat because there's only one major person.

Hotbeds boost attendance. No, there is no list.

Thanks for the quick answers, Adam!

Edit: Something's still off here. I just had Flair and Heenan cut a promo (freestyle angle) with the "Advance storyline" note. The angle scored 99. Both were rated on Entertainment and have major roles in that storyline (they are also allied). The report only notes that the "storyline has automatically advanced", no mention of gaining heat. If I return to booking screen, the angle is rated at 80 heat. Shouldn't it have gained heat here?

Edited by Team Kawada

2 hours ago, Team Kawada said:

Edit: Something's still off here. I just had Flair and Heenan cut a promo (freestyle angle) with the "Advance storyline" note. The angle scored 99. Both were rated on Entertainment and have major roles in that storyline (they are also allied). The report only notes that the "storyline has automatically advanced", no mention of gaining heat. If I return to booking screen, the angle is rated at 80 heat. Shouldn't it have gained heat here?

No. Using the "Advance Storyline" note artificially moves the storyline forward but it does not count as meeting the criteria for counting as being activated in a segment and therefore eligible to change the heat; Flair and Heenan are, presumably, on the same side and so you're not meeting the basic requirements of two sides being involved. Please see the handbook if you're not clear on how storylines are activated.

Another small question. While scanning through the fight analyses screen with the feedback I saw multiple fighers getting a negative message because they where holding back. I understand negative scores because of inexperience but where does the holding back message originates from?

2 hours ago, Boerenkool said:

Another small question. While scanning through the fight analyses screen with the feedback I saw multiple fighers getting a negative message because they where holding back. I understand negative scores because of inexperience but where does the holding back message originates from?

Just like in real life, some workers phone it in on TV shows because the show isn't seen as a big deal to the worker. 

One of my wrestlers got the "Bully" attribute from out of nowhere. Doesn't have it in the database so it must've happened organically, but I can't see any news about it when clicking "News" on her profile page, was thinking if she did something on social media or something. Don't see any new disliked people either. No incidents in my company (only one she's working for) and she's got great morale. Backstage rating 100% and she's not friends with any of the very four negative influences. Any way I can see how this happened?

23 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

One of my wrestlers got the "Bully" attribute from out of nowhere. Doesn't have it in the database so it must've happened organically, but I can't see any news about it when clicking "News" on her profile page, was thinking if she did something on social media or something. Don't see any new disliked people either. No incidents in my company (only one she's working for) and she's got great morale. Backstage rating 100% and she's not friends with any of the very four negative influences. Any way I can see how this happened?

Have you seen if that worker had a "Worker Bad Personality Change" in the narrative?

I cannot seem to wrap my head around events and shows for territory days wrestling

I want Company A to have certain shows in another location so I create Tour I for its own area, Tour II for secondary area but then the TV show is seperate even when I say I want it taped 3 times. Do I need to choose higlights or something in the show? Or should I just dumb it down and have one weekly show and one monthly event on the same day so that it has 4 cards in total with a big one at the end rather then set up tours in specific areas and accept the TV show will not be taped weekly events but seperate entities?

I am hoping I am doing this all wrong and one of you will have the experience to help on this, appreciate it as always!

On 2/21/2024 at 7:13 AM, Boerenkool said:

They could be canny operators, I think fatigue may play a part or a bad backstage which hampers in ring performance

On 5/11/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tjmarney said:

I’m getting no organic promises from wrestlers, about 4 months into a 2001 save, randomness is set to low but I didn’t think that would be it? Am I missing a preference somewhere or an option? 
thanks in advance 

Did you ever hear anything about this, anyone else having this? 

I'm a longggg time tew player, my habits usually to start present day AEW and play for a couple in game years then I get bored, download the more recent real world mod, and do that thing again.

However, currently on 1.46, I'm finding I get NO promises... I'm used to 3,4 at a time usually going on, but I'm over a year and half in to this new AEW save after being TWO years into the one before this, and neither game seems to have promises on?

I just started a totally different mod and I'm now 6 months into that one, no promises... Anyone else noticing they just seem to be "off"?

10 hours ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

I cannot seem to wrap my head around events and shows for territory days wrestling

I want Company A to have certain shows in another location so I create Tour I for its own area, Tour II for secondary area but then the TV show is seperate even when I say I want it taped 3 times. Do I need to choose higlights or something in the show? Or should I just dumb it down and have one weekly show and one monthly event on the same day so that it has 4 cards in total with a big one at the end rather then set up tours in specific areas and accept the TV show will not be taped weekly events but seperate entities?

I am hoping I am doing this all wrong and one of you will have the experience to help on this, appreciate it as always!

Do you mean you want the TV Show to be highlights from the tour shows?

If so, create a Broadcasting Deal for Tour Highlights. You don't book these types of shows, unfortunately, they just happen without any results.

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

If I start a save where my promotion owns other promotions, can I shut them down at some point?

Yeah, you can shut them down. IF you click on the "Child Companies" icon, in the bottom right corner of the menu that pops up is "close down".

If I misunderstood the question, oops.

• Like 1