TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

10 hours ago, aloneinabox said:

Thanks Adam.

It didn't look like any of those applied here.

The events were set to Lesser shows. Interestingly, I tried changing them to Tour events instead and they've been going ahead.

If they're Lesser shows then you're eliminating the ability for your more popular workers to appear on them. If you've got a very top-heavy roster full of stars then you're potentially not leaving yourself with enough people to actually work the show. The fact that you can run tour shows, which don't have that restriction, would back this up.

So my company is getting pretty large in my TCW game, to the point that I'm considering making the biggest event of the year (Total Mayhem) a two-night event.  When I have done that before in previous games, I would have a plethora of wrestlers upset that they were not booked on one of the nights.  Any ideas to avoid that?  The only thing I can think of is just doing a bunch of promos and highlight videos.  Some big multi matches on the pre-show.  

On 2/28/2024 at 3:15 PM, donv86 said:

Did you ever hear anything about this, anyone else having this? 

I'm a longggg time tew player, my habits usually to start present day AEW and play for a couple in game years then I get bored, download the more recent real world mod, and do that thing again.

However, currently on 1.46, I'm finding I get NO promises... I'm used to 3,4 at a time usually going on, but I'm over a year and half in to this new AEW save after being TWO years into the one before this, and neither game seems to have promises on?

I just started a totally different mod and I'm now 6 months into that one, no promises... Anyone else noticing they just seem to be "off"?

Re-upping this cause since posting this several months ago, I have STILL not seen a promise ... are me and this one other guy the only people who don't seem to see Promises anymore after the newest update?

On 4/18/2024 at 10:48 AM, dbritton987 said:

So my company is getting pretty large in my TCW game, to the point that I'm considering making the biggest event of the year (Total Mayhem) a two-night event.  When I have done that before in previous games, I would have a plethora of wrestlers upset that they were not booked on one of the nights.  Any ideas to avoid that?  The only thing I can think of is just doing a bunch of promos and highlight videos.  Some big multi matches on the pre-show.  

I'd just make the show 1 night and make it run as long as possible

I can't figure out for the life of me why this wrestler is getting bad matches. I'm using a promotion that is rated on 50/50 pop/performance..

Its from the 1992 mod, Jimmy Del Ray. His pop in the U.S. is 19-24. He has high psychology - 82, Top wrestling stat is brawling - 57. Consistency is 82. Regular wrestler style. Everyone else I've had thats been this good has been putting on performance ratings of 40 minimum and I'm struggling to get his performance to 30. 

Could this be a bad destiny roll? 

Tried to search but couldn't find anything. I am having an issue where some workers are not showing up on my booking screen. They are in the drop down selection but with a bloated roster I can often forget. Bam Bam Bigelow and Dino Bravo made me aware as I had them each in storylines and couldn't drag and drop them to book.

I edited them in the editor to be wrestler and occasional wrestlers, they are contracted to wrestle and be whatever is needed so I am not sure why they are not appearing no matter the filters I select.  Not sure if it is just the two of them or more workers too.

5 hours ago, ValiantJoey said:

Tried to search but couldn't find anything. I am having an issue where some workers are not showing up on my booking screen. They are in the drop down selection but with a bloated roster I can often forget. Bam Bam Bigelow and Dino Bravo made me aware as I had them each in storylines and couldn't drag and drop them to book.

I edited them in the editor to be wrestler and occasional wrestlers, they are contracted to wrestle and be whatever is needed so I am not sure why they are not appearing no matter the filters I select.  Not sure if it is just the two of them or more workers too.

You should check the Absences screen. If they're not there, reset your filters so that everyone is being shown. It might also be worth clarifying what your issue actually is as your first paragraph contradicts itself - you say they're not in the booking screen but then say that they are in the drop down menus; both can't be true.

If they still don't appear then you've likely got illegal data - your second paragraph seems very odd, as you say you've edited them to become wrestlers but that's not something you can edit in a live game. If you've done it via an external editor then you will have skipped any error checking and have likely introduced issues that prevent them from being shown.

1 hour ago, Adam Ryland said:

You should check the Absences screen. If they're not there, reset your filters so that everyone is being shown. It might also be worth clarifying what your issue actually is as your first paragraph contradicts itself - you say they're not in the booking screen but then say that they are in the drop down menus; both can't be true.

If they still don't appear then you've likely got illegal data - your second paragraph seems very odd, as you say you've edited them to become wrestlers but that's not something you can edit in a live game. If you've done it via an external editor then you will have skipped any error checking and have likely introduced issues that prevent them from being shown.

They are in the drop down list on the booking screen but not on the list from drag and drop, if that makes sense? I edited them with the in game editor and added occasional wrestler as one of their options, they were already checked to be wrestler. (was just trying to see if that would work)

37 minutes ago, ValiantJoey said:

They are in the drop down list on the booking screen but not on the list from drag and drop, if that makes sense? I edited them with the in game editor and added occasional wrestler as one of their options, they were already checked to be wrestler. (was just trying to see if that would work)

The only difference between the list and the dropdowns is that the latter is filtered by your search parameters; you must have at least one setting that is causing those workers to be excluded.

9 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

The only difference between the list and the dropdowns is that the latter is filtered by your search parameters; you must have at least one setting that is causing those workers to be excluded.

Clicked around forever, once I went to search there was one filter on size defaulting to only show heavyweights and below. Weird as I never search in the booking screen. Seems to be figured out now. Thanks Adam!

Had a very curious note that never came across before. Playing a local to global company. Size at 40 pop in my area, 18 in my secondary and mid to low single digits in the rest pretty much, but 1 low double digits pop.

In my last event I was dinged in my attendance due to "lack of big names" or something across those lines, despite showcasing a couple of my "Major Stars" and some "Stars", including my figurehead.

Any tips of why, and how to prevent this? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sharkn20

On 3/2/2024 at 8:51 AM, Adam Ryland said:

You are a touring company if you run shows set with the Intent as Touring. Remove those shows and you are no longer a touring company.

What is the difference between a touring company and a "normal" company? Is there an benefit to one or the other? I have a few shows set as touring for what I want to be a "normal company" because I didn't wanna make them Lesser Event since in my mind most of the shows are not important enough for that besides a select few.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do about this issue rather than artificially reduce the heat and then increasing it to 96 or 97 by making sure i get my multiples right.

I'm currently having an issue with a major storyline in my save where the heat is stuck at 95 rated. This is regularly advanced by 100 rated angles but it cannot be increased past 95 (I'm presuming because this rating is too close to 95). However this causes a problem in that my matches within this storyline suffer from the storyline's lack of heat. This does not ever happen with storylines with 96 or above heat, but it does with 95 and I'm not sure how to fix this if angles with the maximum rating cannot raise the heat.

• Like 1

I set all the training facilities to not allow graduates. My question is, will other wrestlers debut from the database when they are suppose to?

Is there a better way to make the AI not create fake wrestlers?

Edited by RatedRKO16

If I run a show in germany (bash in Berlin), do all my promos have to be by someone who speaks German, or does the game take into account there are a lot of English speaking fans in germany and promos in English would be ok? 

If it's the former, then do promos based on entertainment only get penalised, and charisma, overness, menace, fighting etc are ok? 

27 minutes ago, hassan2 said:

If I run a show in germany (bash in Berlin), do all my promos have to be by someone who speaks German, or does the game take into account there are a lot of English speaking fans in germany and promos in English would be ok? 

If it's the former, then do promos based on entertainment only get penalised, and charisma, overness, menace, fighting etc are ok? 

It tells you what language are spoken on-screen when viewing a region.

• Like 1

I could have sworn I saw the info somewhere, but I couldn't find it again, so I'll ask instead my questions about alliances:

1) when borrowing a worker from another company (whether through an alliance or a simple trade agreement), can they be used in different roles than in their usual company ? For instance, if I want to borrow a woman wrestler/manager that is signed in another company as only a manager, could I still use her as a wrestler myself, or am I automatically limited to what she's allowed to do there ?

2) when using alliance titles, would making another company's worker the champion allow me to bypass the limitation on how many times I can borrown the same worker ? For instance, if I make a WCW worker the NWA World champion while being in my own NWA company, would I be allowed to borrow him more than four times in 6 months, or would I still be limited as if he was a regular, untitled, worker ?

3) if I make another company's wrestler win an alliance title, are their original company more likely to use that title more often, or woud that have no influence on whether they will or won't book those titles on their show ?

Thanks !