TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I have a question about the other title functions

What determines if a wrestler is eligiable for a 'Pure Wrestling', 'High Flying', and 'Hardcore'?

Skills(if so, what is the minimum) or Wrestling Style(Brawler, Luchador, Hardcore etc)?

After testing I realize that it is only for AI, but still would be cool to know

Edited by HurkaDurk69

I asked this in a mod thread but it was probably the wrong place. It's just about GIF pictures and the border around them in the worker screen.

I'm starting a WWE game and want to know if there is a way to have a raw border across the Raw Brand workers and a Smackdown border for the Smackdown workers? In the SAMPP picture pack I use, I can see that stables are picked up automatically e.g. Gunther has an Imperium border around his images but non-stable workers have the WWE border, I'd like this to ideally be Raw and SD based.

What are some good introductory angles/storylines for new promotions? I like starting my own new companies, but my games tend to lose momentum fast because all the old school angles I like to run don't really make sense with an unestablished roster. Any suggestions for good starting angles to use with a new company would be much appreciated.

Three small questions I've had many times:

1. What is the purpose of low psychology road agents? A lot of databases (including the default one, if I recall correctly) are littered with them.

2. Am I correct in assuming that dedicated enhancement talent are better as jobbers than local talent? I assume that wrestlers who are on television constantly, despite losing, build up just a little bit of popularity which can be fed to new talent I want to get over (I assume for guys who are already over, it makes no difference whether they're beating a guy with fifteen popularity versus thirty popularity, or whatever, perhaps I'm wrong), whereas unemployed jobbers/rookies usually won't have much popularity to give away.

3. Do hot storylines still make a difference to match ratings if your product doesn't require storylines?

On 3/20/2024 at 5:41 AM, Powerful_Fox said:

I asked this in a mod thread but it was probably the wrong place. It's just about GIF pictures and the border around them in the worker screen.

I'm starting a WWE game and want to know if there is a way to have a raw border across the Raw Brand workers and a Smackdown border for the Smackdown workers? In the SAMPP picture pack I use, I can see that stables are picked up automatically e.g. Gunther has an Imperium border around his images but non-stable workers have the WWE border, I'd like this to ideally be Raw and SD based.

As far as I know, no. I believe it's only stable or company borders.

23 hours ago, combinethresher said:

What are some good introductory angles/storylines for new promotions? I like starting my own new companies, but my games tend to lose momentum fast because all the old school angles I like to run don't really make sense with an unestablished roster. Any suggestions for good starting angles to use with a new company would be much appreciated.

I suppose this question is dependent upon what kind of promotion you're running. You can do a variety of things where someone is trying to establish themselves as the face of the company and have multiple workers competition in that storyline/angle until you've established all of them and can spin off. You can bring in workers who have history within the universe and play off of that.

10 minutes ago, Scarlet-Left said:

Three small questions I've had many times:

1. What is the purpose of low psychology road agents? A lot of databases (including the default one, if I recall correctly) are littered with them.

2. Am I correct in assuming that dedicated enhancement talent are better as jobbers than local talent? I assume that wrestlers who are on television constantly, despite losing, build up just a little bit of popularity which can be fed to new talent I want to get over (I assume for guys who are already over, it makes no difference whether they're beating a guy with fifteen popularity versus thirty popularity, or whatever, perhaps I'm wrong), whereas unemployed jobbers/rookies usually won't have much popularity to give away.

3. Do hot storylines still make a difference to match ratings if your product doesn't require storylines?

1. Affordability. Companies lower down the totem pole need road agents they can afford -- those road agents typically have lower psychology than others because non wrestlers are paid based off a combination of popularity but also skill (to avoid people being able to hire someone with zero popularity and 100 skill in something).

2. Assuming that you're feeding them to talent with low popularity, yes. If being squashed by established stars, it doesn't matter. It also has to do with the attributes of the person you're trying to get over.

3. I don't believe so. Check the road agent notes for the bonuses and penalties though to be sure.

• Like 2

When you set a potential for a worker in the editor, what exactly does it mean?

An example: Let's say you have a 30 years old wrestler with average primary skills. If I set his potential for primary skills to very low, does it mean ...

a) ... his remaining potential to develop his average skills further is very low, meaning he will only gain very few points added to his average skills in the future?

b) ... his overall potential to develop his primary skills were very low from the beginning, taking into consideration his whole career starting from rookie?

Edited by arlovski
  • Like 1

Some of the old dynasties have image/font/code formats showing instead of the images etc themselves. It's hard to read and enjoy them when all you can see Is [image=7!&?&_-&+-£.imgur]

Is there any way to bypass this so I can actually enjoy them again?

• Like 1

I've always wanted to try this but I don't want to have my playthrough ruined by not understanding the rules, so can anyone tell me how brand products affect storylines? If my overall product requires storylines but one of my brand's products doesn't, will the game still expect me to advance my storylines on that brand's shows (to not lose heat)? How about the reverse, if my overall product doesn't require storylines but one of my brand's products does, do storylines only have to be advanced on that brand's shows or will they lose heat by not advancing on other shows?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 11:19 AM, Jason Phoenix said:

Is there any way to stop an AI controlled WWE always doing a draft on the first day of a new save?

Also, what has the biggest effect on loading times?

The biggest effect on loading times is the size of the database— particularly the active side. The more companies and active workers that have debuted, the longer the load times because the more it has to go through. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:54 AM, arlovski said:

When you set a potential for a worker in the editor, what exactly does it mean?

An example: Let's say you have a 30 years old wrestler with average primary skills. If I set his potential for primary skills to very low, does it mean ...

a) ... his remaining potential to develop his average skills further is very low, meaning he will only gain very few points added to his average skills in the future?

b) ... his overall potential to develop his primary skills were very low from the beginning, taking into consideration his whole career starting from rookie?

I believe it is A. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 5:45 PM, LeotheLion said:

Some of the old dynasties have image/font/code formats showing instead of the images etc themselves. It's hard to read and enjoy them when all you can see Is [image=7!&?&_-&+-£.imgur]

Is there any way to bypass this so I can actually enjoy them again?

I do not believe so/haven’t found a way to do so. 

On 3/25/2024 at 6:57 AM, Scarlet-Left said:

I've always wanted to try this but I don't want to have my playthrough ruined by not understanding the rules, so can anyone tell me how brand products affect storylines? If my overall product requires storylines but one of my brand's products doesn't, will the game still expect me to advance my storylines on that brand's shows (to not lose heat)? How about the reverse, if my overall product doesn't require storylines but one of my brand's products does, do storylines only have to be advanced on that brand's shows or will they lose heat by not advancing on other shows?

I’ve never tried specifically this scenario, but the rules for the brand have to be followed. So if the brand product requires storylines, you’d advance storylines for that brand. 

it’s pretty easy to test. If you set it up, on your first show you should get any potential warnings if you’re doing something that misaligns with the product for that show. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, leonxx89 said:

I have a proble with Tew and WMMA 5.

Basically I click on the icon and the gane doesn.t launch. I already added them in the exeption of my AV but nothing.

Can someone help me? I am using Windows 11.

If you just recently downloaded them, right click on the icon and check properties to make sure that Windows itself isn't blocking it because "This came from the internet".

Is there a way to book a manager in a match?

Like, if I've got a Jim Cornette type, and I want to book a handicap match with Cornette as the heel's partner, how do I do that?

I tried talking the manager into coming out of retirement, but he won't. There isn't an option to ask them to become an occasional wrestler. Is this just a thing you can't do with a manager?

- Nevermind! Figured it out! You have to click View Entire Roster above the dropdowns where you choose your workers. And they have to have a contract that allows in-ring

Edited by Rick Savant
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:41 AM, Historian said:

The biggest effect on loading times is the size of the database— particularly the active side. The more companies and active workers that have debuted, the longer the load times because the more it has to go through. 

Thank you. I may have to cut down the amount of active companies then, as I'm against removing workers. 

Another question, what does "small boost to charisma" (and the other variables of this) actually add? For example if I have someone with 50 charisma, will he now be getting a bonus in every match and angle for charisma (which according to the handbook is anything above 66) because of his gimmick?

42 minutes ago, Jason Phoenix said:

Another question, what does "small boost to charisma" (and the other variables of this) actually add? For example if I have someone with 50 charisma, will he now be getting a bonus in every match and angle for charisma (which according to the handbook is anything above 66) because of his gimmick?

No. It's being literal. A small boost to charisma means you get a small amount added to it. So instead of being 50, it might be considered to be 54 for calculations instead.

To improve on a skill, does the worker have to actually do the skill, ie if I want someone to improve on entertainment, is being non rated in a segment with a star rated on etertainement going to help them improve, or does the person learning also need to be rated on something?

And also, does a dark match post show count towards a wrestlers pop? If I want to use Cody Rhodes in every dark match against some younger guys to help them develop, if it gets a 50 rating will that start to make him less popular?

Edited by hassan2

Does anyone know what the minimum number of workers are needed for AI to run a show? (Tried searching the forums/handbook but must be missing it)

I've set up a development company that currently has 48 active worker but they keep cancelling their events. Interestingly, they've still been going ahead with TV shows.

14 hours ago, aloneinabox said:

Does anyone know what the minimum number of workers are needed for AI to run a show? (Tried searching the forums/handbook but must be missing it)

I've set up a development company that currently has 48 active worker but they keep cancelling their events. Interestingly, they've still been going ahead with TV shows.

It's 10. If you've got more than that and they're cancelling shows it's because they can't book even the minimum number of matches, which suggests that either you've accidentally screwed up the event settings (e.g. making it an a women's only event when you don't have any) or the wrestlers' contracts prohibit them from working on a show of that nature.

13 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

It's 10. If you've got more than that and they're cancelling shows it's because they can't book even the minimum number of matches, which suggests that either you've accidentally screwed up the event settings (e.g. making it an a women's only event when you don't have any) or the wrestlers' contracts prohibit them from working on a show of that nature.

Thanks Adam.

It didn't look like any of those applied here.

The events were set to Lesser shows. Interestingly, I tried changing them to Tour events instead and they've been going ahead.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:39 PM, hassan2 said:

To improve on a skill, does the worker have to actually do the skill, ie if I want someone to improve on entertainment, is being non rated in a segment with a star rated on etertainement going to help them improve, or does the person learning also need to be rated on something?

And also, does a dark match post show count towards a wrestlers pop? If I want to use Cody Rhodes in every dark match against some younger guys to help them develop, if it gets a 50 rating will that start to make him less popular?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the exact same question. Would like to know how long does it would take to increase entertainment stats charisma specifically.