TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, bit of an odd question here however I'm looking to see if anybody could help me.

I believe the picture pack is from Fleisch, however I'm not too sure. Either way, what effect is used to create these Classic pictures? I want to add some more to my save using this style, however I'm not exactly sure what kind of effect is used.

If anybody knows, would you mind telling me what effect is used? It would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

RicFlairCL.jpg.8e4996f27bed33e51ffb6ffca8cd6339.jpg

On 11/25/2023 at 1:50 PM, Misawa said:

Hey folks, bit of an odd question here however I'm looking to see if anybody could help me.

I believe the picture pack is from Fleisch, however I'm not too sure. Either way, what effect is used to create these Classic pictures? I want to add some more to my save using this style, however I'm not exactly sure what kind of effect is used.

If anybody knows, would you mind telling me what effect is used? It would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

RicFlairCL.jpg.8e4996f27bed33e51ffb6ffca8cd6339.jpg

Beckie.jpg.59a758f8af6d38f89b02453bf57b8dc1.jpg

I made this using GIMP and used the tab, filter , artistic, cartoon effect. might be made into greyscale or sepia first...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, paulskln said:

so i have a worker in a mod im playing and a random worker had generated , the worker's nationality is listed as Other, what race or colour is this ? the list of nationalities are white ,black, asian, hispanic , american indian , middle eastern, indian ,pacific, other.

I think you're confusing nationality and race; 'other' is a race category, not a nationality. It's anything that doesn't fit into the other categories, hence the name.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.  When new workers are generated I am swapping in new pictures under "Editor" -> Worker and then changing out the pictures.  Then when They appear in the newsfeed, I am still seeing their old picture, but whe n I click on their pic to bring up their bio the new picture is there.  How do I make my new picture be the image that I see when they pop up in the game newsfeed?

7 hours ago, MrJeeps said:

Hello.  When new workers are generated I am swapping in new pictures under "Editor" -> Worker and then changing out the pictures.  Then when They appear in the newsfeed, I am still seeing their old picture, but whe n I click on their pic to bring up their bio the new picture is there.  How do I make my new picture be the image that I see when they pop up in the game newsfeed?

You can't. The 'newsfeed' is linked to their picture at the time the story was generated. It would use their new picture for any subsequent stories that are generated.

On 12/8/2023 at 12:04 AM, Adam Ryland said:

You can't. The 'newsfeed' is linked to their picture at the time the story was generated. It would use their new picture for any subsequent stories that are generated.

Does that apply to future injuries as well?  The worker took an injury and when it was reported his old picture/render appeared in the article, not the new one I had swapped in.

9 hours ago, MrJeeps said:

Does that apply to future injuries as well?  The worker took an injury and when it was reported his old picture/render appeared in the article, not the new one I had swapped in.

Your old image applies to anything that has already been generated for the website. If you're seeing it for new content then you've forgotten to update their contract image and that's what you're seeing. A worker has a default image and one for every contract, changing the former does not change the latter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Chris Lepoint said:

Hello all together,

I need some help. I bought TEW 2020 years ago, but I couldn't play it, because my screen was to small. Now I got a bigger Screen, but my order ID doesn't work anymore. The license wizard didn't accept it. What can I do?

The most likely explanation is that you've downloaded the wrong version of the game. If you bought the game years ago then you likely have an Elicense and therefore can only play the Elicense version of TEW. You have probably downloaded the new QLM version of TEW, which you can only play if you've got a newer QLM type of license. See the license FAQ pinned to the top of the technical support forum if you're unsure of which you've got. You can download the Elicense version of TEW from the TEW2020 page using the Elicense Download button.

Did a quick search but couldn't find the answer to this...

I have a worker in my save who has loyalty to my user character, but said character is very angry currently. Will the loyalty to my character prevent him from sitting out his contract/walking out on the contract? 

Haven't played since early 2022.

Is the game still in active development, are there any new features? Has work begun on new TEW? Or is TEW 2020 "it" for the time being in it's current state? At least didn't find a developer diary regarding new TEW or such. Cheers.

12 minutes ago, leettari said:

Haven't played since early 2022.

Is the game still in active development, are there any new features? Has work begun on new TEW? Or is TEW 2020 "it" for the time being in it's current state? At least didn't find a developer diary regarding new TEW or such. Cheers.

No, TEW2020 is no longer in active development. No future games have been announced; if there is any future news, it'll be posted in this forum.

21 hours ago, Captain Kayfabe said:

A question about the Battle Royal: 30 Man Lottery match.

is there away to book a double elimination/co-winners a la Bret and Lex from back in the day? It doesn't appear so, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Nope and it's been suggested almost every iteration of the game.