TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

39 minutes ago, bhalbur said:

Yeah, you can shut them down. IF you click on the "Child Companies" icon, in the bottom right corner of the menu that pops up is "close down".

If I misunderstood the question, oops.

Fantastic. I had an idea for a save that required a special situation and this was the missing ingredient. Thank you.

On 2/27/2024 at 7:35 PM, Harts4Life said:

Does anyone know how to find the Wrestle Peace Festival in order to assign it an Event Logo? I searched the database and in-game editor, to no avail.

There's a category called Tribute Shows that is in both the editor and database and you'll find it there.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:58 PM, Jason Phoenix said:

Do you mean you want the TV Show to be highlights from the tour shows?

If so, create a Broadcasting Deal for Tour Highlights. You don't book these types of shows, unfortunately, they just happen without any results.

No, I knew I would phrase that confusingly

Theoretically

I have

AWA Tour I (Mid West) Tuesdays - held in the studio

AWA Tour II (Great Lakes) Weds
AWA Tour III (Mid West) Thu

AWA Tour IV (Manitoba) Sun

All events are 2 hours

I have a TV Show called AWA All-Star Wrestling where I set it as on Tue and shown on Saturdays and it is one hour and have it 2 tapings at a time, so event =2 hrs, TV =1 hr...should work, correct?

The show has a different card than the event held on Tuesday :(

On 2/16/2024 at 6:26 AM, Adam Ryland said:

They open automatically at a random date in the future, providing that they can (e.g. any mandatory founder is available). They do not have a preset roster.

Ok, so if I have Mammoth's 1970 mod and AJPW and NJPW are to open in 1972 with Giant Baba and Antonio Inoki as mandatory owners and both are under contract with JWA, will those companies NOT open? 

On 1/29/2024 at 5:15 PM, The Inquisition said:

Is there somewhere that talks about how Japanese tours work? I'm just not wrapping my head around them.

The only thing I know about Tours is that it is better to create them yourself, have the schedule in the company as fixed and have the TV shows be a Tour Highlight instead of live. For example I have NJPW Figting Spirit run from January to February almost everyday with most in Kanto but some in other areas of Japan. Then the last one I put as season finale. I may be wrong on that, but it works for the most part

10 minutes ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

Ok, so if I have Mammoth's 1970 mod and AJPW and NJPW are to open in 1972 with Giant Baba and Antonio Inoki as mandatory owners and both are under contract with JWA, will those companies NOT open? 

Not if it's an exclusive contract, no; they don't get to ignore a contract's terms just because they want to open a company.

Just now, Adam Ryland said:

Not if it's an exclusive contract, no; they don't get to ignore a contract's terms just because they want to open a company.

Ok, ok....so I should change all those to be Preferred with a backup or two to make sure they open. Thanks for the quick reply as always Adam

1 hour ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

No, I knew I would phrase that confusingly

Theoretically

I have

AWA Tour I (Mid West) Tuesdays - held in the studio

AWA Tour II (Great Lakes) Weds
AWA Tour III (Mid West) Thu

AWA Tour IV (Manitoba) Sun

All events are 2 hours

I have a TV Show called AWA All-Star Wrestling where I set it as on Tue and shown on Saturdays and it is one hour and have it 2 tapings at a time, so event =2 hrs, TV =1 hr...should work, correct?

The show has a different card than the event held on Tuesday :(

Ah, I think I understand.

You want AWA Tour 1 that's held in the studio to be 2 weeks worth of TV?

If that's the case, delete the Event "AWA Tour 1" and have keep the TV Show as you have it.

Then you book AWA Episode 1 and 2 on Tuesday, nothing the following Tuesday, then 3 and 4 the Tuesday after that.

Unfortunately, you can't set TV Shows to be in a specific location, so you just have to make sure you select the correct area when you're booking.

Hopefully I've understood correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Phoenix said:

Ah, I think I understand.

You want AWA Tour 1 that's held in the studio to be 2 weeks worth of TV?

If that's the case, delete the Event "AWA Tour 1" and have keep the TV Show as you have it.

Then you book AWA Episode 1 and 2 on Tuesday, nothing the following Tuesday, then 3 and 4 the Tuesday after that.

Unfortunately, you can't set TV Shows to be in a specific location, so you just have to make sure you select the correct area when you're booking.

Hopefully I've understood correctly.

Thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skiezonfire said:

I'm having trouble with house shows. ECW is set as a touring company and can't run house shows how can I change the schedule to regular I can't find the option anywhere?

You are a touring company if you run shows set with the Intent as Touring. Remove those shows and you are no longer a touring company.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 2:51 AM, Adam Ryland said:

You are a touring company if you run shows set with the Intent as Touring. Remove those shows and you are no longer a touring company.

Adam, 
Could you provide the booking skill and attribute coordination where an owner will remain booker or hire one?
For example, will an owner with professional attribute hire a new booker unless his booking skill is XX? 
I have guys with decent skills but low rep (since they are new) who have 60 booking skill who ALWAYS hire a booker, yet another owner with 52 skill will stay booker and the latter is not a control freak or selfish but he is not professional 

Hypothetical question.  If I have an old school promotion in my database, a defunct promotion that was important to the industry years ago but is well out of the game now, but another promotion that is an active force in the game world owns the IP of the promotion, the championship belts, the video tape history, the legacy, all that....  what edits would I have to make in-game to reflect that?  Company relationships was the first thing that occurred to me... but first thing I saw there was each company's opinion of the other, and that didn't seem like something that would matter here.  Made me think I was in the wrong place.   

11 hours ago, OleCrankyGamer said:

Adam, 
Could you provide the booking skill and attribute coordination where an owner will remain booker or hire one?
For example, will an owner with professional attribute hire a new booker unless his booking skill is XX? 
I have guys with decent skills but low rep (since they are new) who have 60 booking skill who ALWAYS hire a booker, yet another owner with 52 skill will stay booker and the latter is not a control freak or selfish but he is not professional 

It differs from personality to personality. Professional is 75, it can go down to 10 for some other personalities. It also takes into account booking reputation.

21 hours ago, dvdWarrior said:

Hypothetical question.  If I have an old school promotion in my database, a defunct promotion that was important to the industry years ago but is well out of the game now, but another promotion that is an active force in the game world owns the IP of the promotion, the championship belts, the video tape history, the legacy, all that....  what edits would I have to make in-game to reflect that?  Company relationships was the first thing that occurred to me... but first thing I saw there was each company's opinion of the other, and that didn't seem like something that would matter here.  Made me think I was in the wrong place.   

I mean, there is no way in game to replicate owning the video tape library. You can have the active company purchase the defunct company belts -- and really that's all you have to do for the purpose of the game. Company relationships won't do anything for this particular scenario. 

On 3/6/2024 at 1:00 AM, dvdWarrior said:

If I owned the promotion, and "purchased" the IP, I would use that as an in game reason to increase my merchandise quality (selling best ofs of the promotion, T-Shirts of that promotion etc.) and if I ever used the old promotion's names for an event, I would edit it to be of higher importance than a new event would be.

I suppose, if you feel the purchase adds to the legitimacy of your own promotion, I would add to my promotion's prestige.  If, in-universe, the purchase shows how dominant the promotion is (ala when WWE bought WCW and ECW) I would add to my promotion's momentum rating.

If this promotion has workers that aren't out of the business, I would hire them for "legend" style segments.  If I were to "use" old footage on my television show, I would do so by using these workers in off-screen angles, which might not be the correct use for that, but I would consider old footage a type of hype package, I guess.

If the purchasing of the promotion would offend or make people feel betrayed, I would add those relationships to the owner of the company (Not a wrestling example, but when MJ bought the Beatles catalogue, he and Paul McCartney went from friends to enemies real quick.)

Likewise, if the bought promotion is treated with dignity and respect, and has high quality products of it put out, you may endear the workers of that promotion to your owner.

If you wanted to showcase a worker of this old promotion in a more direct way, you can edit some money out of your promotion to give a wrestler a bump is popularity and respect (A dvd is put out of a worker's greatest matches and promos with commentary on his influence in the industry.)

• Like 1

Suggestions for how to set up weekly tour style shows that aren't just tout shows? Often run bigger companies with big rosters. Start with an A show and monthly PPVs. Add a b show. Used to also set up weekly tour event but now that makes the company a touring company. Can't add a 2nd B show immediately. Run some tests using both weekly Lesser and Throwaway shows but not sure either are ideal, though that's AI run.

I had a quick question. I'm currently doing a save with BHOTWG and SAISHO is in the red and I'm thinking of buying them out and using it as my child promotion. Is there anyway after buying them and having them as a child promotion for a little bit can I then stop using them as a child promotion and they can go back to being there own thing, if that makes sense haha

7 hours ago, TWoody24 said:

I had a quick question. I'm currently doing a save with BHOTWG and SAISHO is in the red and I'm thinking of buying them out and using it as my child promotion. Is there anyway after buying them and having them as a child promotion for a little bit can I then stop using them as a child promotion and they can go back to being there own thing, if that makes sense haha

No, there isn't.