TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

1 hour ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

That would also be useful for when a battle royal takes place where the last two go into a singles match. Or a way to simulate a tag team battle royal.

Both of those have been suggested too actually! Hopefully, if/when the next game comes it'll have an overhaul on battle royals and other match types that aren't reflected yet 

• Like 1

Is there a way to set custom size criteria when creating a company in the database? For example, if the company is based out of British Columbia (Canada), can I set its expansion requirements to go southwards into North West (United States) instead of eastward into Alberta (Canada)?

23 minutes ago, Rituro said:

Is there a way to set custom size criteria when creating a company in the database? For example, if the company is based out of British Columbia (Canada), can I set its expansion requirements to go southwards into North West (United States) instead of eastward into Alberta (Canada)?

No, you can't. The criteria are fixed by region.

• Thanks 1

I selected all regions to be open in the beginning of my save, now India has been "Deactivated," after no companies were started there.  It also appears that all Indian workers have been removed from the datatbase.  I started 2 Indian companies but they are sitting there ownerless.  Is there a reason why the region became deaativated?  Is there a way to reactivate it?  And finally, do I need to manually become a user character to have them take over ownership of the new Indian Companies I have created?

3 minutes ago, MrJeeps said:

I selected all regions to be open in the beginning of my save, now India has been "Deactivated," after no companies were started there.  It also appears that all Indian workers have been removed from the datatbase.  I started 2 Indian companies but they are sitting there ownerless.  Is there a reason why the region became deaativated?  Is there a way to reactivate it?  And finally, do I need to manually become a user character to have them take over ownership of the new Indian Companies I have created?

It is also entirely possible I forgot to tick off the india box upon my game creation.

Hey Guys,

My Child Company - Beyond in New England - Spends a ton of money on production values. I am not entirely sure how to make them stop doing this. Is there a setting where I can click to make them request updating their production values or not do it altogether? If this is not a setting is it a matter of selecting a better venue or location for them to be in so they aren't attempting to compete with the WWE in that region? 

Thanks! 

Just a quick one, I believe I've done something to the language settings on my laptop to cause this to happen but I've changed things around a lot and cannot for the life of me figure out what I changed. All the accented letters in the game are replaced by a mishmash of accents and punctuation (as shown on El Héroe Mexicano here). Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

wa.png

Quick question about breaching a TV contract. I’m not growing internationally because of Natural Growth Limits, but a bigger channel is willing to negotiate with me. If I try to cancel the TV deal, the broadcaster asks for $300,000. 

Are there any penalties down the line beyond this $300,000 buyout?

On 2/10/2024 at 8:18 PM, PaperMachete said:

Is there any reason why my announcers Announcing skill keeps decreasing? Is it tied to something, like the color commentators skill or anything else? They keep losing a point every 2-3 months

They've likely gone past their relevancy age and are naturally losing skill. That's about the only way announcing skill can go downward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DogsAndKisses666 said:

No matter how much I boost Finn Balor's skills and health within the in-game editor, he makes zero improvement in the ring. Anyone know what the problem could be?

You'd have to define your question a little better - what are you measuring "zero improvement in the ring" by? Overall grades? Individual performance grades? If you've inflated his skills then his individual performance will improve, but that's not going to be hugely visible if you're running a company that centers on popularity, for example. Similarly, he's not going to be performing to his maximum if he's miserable, facing terrible opponents, etc.

9 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

You'd have to define your question a little better - what are you measuring "zero improvement in the ring" by? Overall grades? Individual performance grades? If you've inflated his skills then his individual performance will improve, but that's not going to be hugely visible if you're running a company that centers on popularity, for example. Similarly, he's not going to be performing to his maximum if he's miserable, facing terrible opponents, etc.

So lets say he was getting an in ring performance of like 45 beforehand. I go in the editor, continually jack up his skills and even his health at this point, but it never works. He stays getting horrible in ring performances in the 40s despite how ridiculously high Ive put all of his stats at this point

He doesn't have morale issues, but he does have cold momentum. Do you think thats likely the cause?

9 minutes ago, DogsAndKisses666 said:

So lets say he was getting an in ring performance of like 45 beforehand. I go in the editor, continually jack up his skills and even his health at this point, but it never works. He stays getting horrible in ring performances in the 40s despite how ridiculously high Ive put all of his stats at this point

He doesn't have morale issues, but he does have cold momentum. Do you think thats likely the cause?

I'd suggest you look at the dirt sheet for reasons. Performance is based on his skills, so if you're cheating and still getting low grades then you've got something either capping or reducing his ability to perform, which will likely be referenced there. Cold momentum will certainly not help.

23 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

I'd suggest you look at the dirt sheet for reasons. Performance is based on his skills, so if you're cheating and still getting low grades then you've got something either capping or reducing his ability to perform, which will likely be referenced there. Cold momentum will certainly not help.

Thanks. New to the game so appreciate your reply.

So the dirt sheet says its cause he cant do spinal impact, momentum, and declining physical ability. I thought raising the health on everything would help if physical decline was part of it, did I miss something?

48 minutes ago, DogsAndKisses666 said:

Thanks. New to the game so appreciate your reply.

So the dirt sheet says its cause he cant do spinal impact, momentum, and declining physical ability. I thought raising the health on everything would help if physical decline was part of it, did I miss something?

You've changed his physical condition; physical decline is the age when they naturally start to lose their ability to perform. They're two different things.

3 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

You've changed his physical condition; physical decline is the age when they naturally start to lose their ability to perform. They're two different things.

I see. Is there a way i'm missing in the pre-game editor to mess w that? Or is it just a roll the dice mechanic with the workers before every game?

When you are running a storyline with guys at the bottom of the card how do you approach? Do you start a storyline even if it's just a few weeks of back n forth but not always leading to PPV matches because it is bottom of card.

Or do you not book them in "storylines" and just book it without?

Hello everyone!

Fairly new to TEW2020. Bought the game just a few weeks ago, but really loving the storytelling aspect of the game and the world that it potrays. Made my own little company called 4YW (4 You Wrestling) and the company is based in the Netherlands. After two years my company is small approaching medium (didn't start on the highest difficulty or insignificant). I share a lot of wrestlers with EWA although I managed to secure a few wrestlers on exclusive monthly written contracts to be my stars or future stars after I read this as advice on the forum. 

Recently I tried to sign Brett Heartbreak to an exclusive written deal, because hese my tag team champion with Jason Dempsey and he has been putting up some decent matches. I also believed this would be a great storytelling event as his father is the owner of EWA and such this would be a nice betrayal/breakup story. I didn't want to break the bank as I'm not viewing him as a main champion contender just yet. As soon as I made the offer his dad (Byron) made him a counteroffer to stay exclusively on EWA. He eventually chose for EWA. 

Because of this event I'm now thinking of declaring war on EWA. But I couldn't find much info about wars except that workers can't work on both companies. Because I share a lot of wrestlers with EWA this would seem to have great effect on both our companies. What happens to the wrestlers who are currently active on both rosters when I declare war on EWA?

And as a side question: How could I end a war in the future?

Greetings,

Boerenkool