TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

On 4/19/2024 at 10:47 PM, donv86 said:

Re-upping this cause since posting this several months ago, I have STILL not seen a promise ... are me and this one other guy the only people who don't seem to see Promises anymore after the newest update?

I don’t get as many promises as I used to in previous versions of the game. But I do remember getting one a few months ago, the worker who offered did have the talent spotter trait so maybe that is more closely tied to the promises now? 

I have had a lot of luck with talking to a worker and asking them to consider putting someone over. It’s usually a promise for one match with a one month time limit.

3 hours ago, Gungner said:

What exactly does the loyalty "stat" do?
If a worker is loyal to the WWE, does that mean they will never sign for anyone else or get released?

It means that if they're currently working for WWE, they won't sign any new contract that would prevent them from continuing to work for WWE. If Roman Reigns' contract comes due with WWE, he won't sign with anyone else if there's an exclusive WWE offer on the table. If Jon Moxley has a non-exclusive written contract with AEW, he won't sign an exclusive deal with anyone since it would prevent him from working for AEW. If NJPW releases Hiroshi Tanahashi, he'll still be listed as "loyal" to them, but he'll be free to sign anywhere that wants him.

My own small question: is there any particular stat block/attribute block/personality type that makes a worker willing or unwilling to work on their body shape (or get on steroids), or is that just something like random under-the-hood dice being rolled?

• Like 1

Small question about the "anti-hardcore" attribute. What constitutes a hardcore promotion?

Longer context for the question: I am running a custom company within CVerse, the core product is Avant Garde Puroresu and the current product is Bar Room Entertainment. I've had people not re-sign with me because they don't like the company's product. I have a top star with a contract expiring in 6 months who is anti-hardcore, but I'm pretty sure they objected to the product during their last contract. Do I need to change my product? Deathmatches aren't part of Bar Room Entertainment's purview. I run dog collar matches and first blood matches occasionally. My CEO has intervened once to re-sign a worker who had issue with the product, but I'm worried that some other company may take a top star from me.

I've reloaded my save and re-run the same TV show multiple times, with slight variations on the card.

The overall show grade keeps rating 5-10 points below what I would expect, based on both the individual segment ratings and what the past few similar cards received.

Any thoughts on what the reason would be? The only thing I can think of is that I only have two storylines graded as "hot" when I'm required to have three. I know that can result in penalties, but I didn't think it would be quite that drastic...

Between these two predicted meddling outcomes:

- "Positive meddling has an extremely high chance of failing to achieve anything"

- "Positive meddling is extremely unlikely to achieve anything in this situation"

Which of the two is MORE extremely unlikely? It reads like six of one and half a dozen of the other.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if there’s a way to change the “no picture” image for workers without pictures? I remember one picture pack had silhouettes that were gendered and I’d prefer that if possible.

If you have a contract with a broadcaster for a certain number of episodes, and you fail to meet that number, what happens when the contract ends? Will they cancel you or simply refuse to renegotiate? 

9 hours ago, Gungner said:

If you have a contract with a broadcaster for a certain number of episodes, and you fail to meet that number, what happens when the contract ends? Will they cancel you or simply refuse to renegotiate? 

It's covered in the handbook. They won't want to deal with you again and you risk them taking legal action for breach of contract.

Asked this a couple of months back but never saw any responses. Its more opinion than anything, I guess.

Messing with an EILL save. Planning to add a B show to build up the lower part of the roster, especially as I want to add some non-domestic talent to fit the "Internacional" aspect of the company. But I'd also like to add a weekly "big" house show kinda like CMLL's Friday Night show. I'd like something easy to book with no expectations - I can throw a few star vs jobbers trios matches, an angle or two, and boom. But good for building experience. Not worried about drawing major houses. Prefer not to broadcast it. Don't want to HAVE to book stars and worry about talent being ragey over missing the show. A tour event would be nearly ideal, but a tour show removes the house shows and that isn't ideal. I toyed with both Lesser and Throwaway, but it did weird things when the AI ran the company. Throwaway seems too underpowered and Lesser seems to still have too much expectation. Adding another B show is an option but I can't add 2 in a short period and obviously then it has to be broadcast. Anyone found a solution to trying to book what is essentially a house show? 

11 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I toyed with both Lesser and Throwaway, but it did weird things when the AI ran the company. Throwaway seems too underpowered and Lesser seems to still have too much expectation.

Lesser seems like the ideal choice for me! Never experienced that "too much expectation" problem. And it also seems kinda realistic for the type of "big" weekly house show you wanna introduce:

"Lesser shows get a slightly reduced attendance level and are less powerful with regards to altering the company's popularity - a show needs to be much better or worse to trigger gains or losses. This type of show is for events that have a relatively weak line-up or aren't being treated overly seriously."

4 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Lesser seems like the ideal choice for me! Never experienced that "too much expectation" problem. And it also seems kinda realistic for the type of "big" weekly house show you wanna introduce:

"Lesser shows get a slightly reduced attendance level and are less powerful with regards to altering the company's popularity - a show needs to be much better or worse to trigger gains or losses. This type of show is for events that have a relatively weak line-up or aren't being treated overly seriously."

To be honest, I can't recall when I was messing around on a save with Lesser shows and ran into some issues. It might have been way back at the start the TEW20 cycle. 

Part of my hesitation was also that in giving the company that kind of weekly event and letting the AI run things for awhile on a soak test, it put the Lesser shows on PPV and basically stopped doing the proper PPVs, messing with the incomes quite significantly. Obviously I wouldn't make that mistake when running EILL, but I figured it might down to the AI seeing Lesser events as still quite important. 

When I try, I will likely go with Lesser and see how it works. Thanks

51 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Part of my hesitation was also that in giving the company that kind of weekly event and letting the AI run things for awhile on a soak test, it put the Lesser shows on PPV and basically stopped doing the proper PPVs

May be wrong on that, but setting deal purpose on your PPV broadcaster deal may help you with that! Setting Normal Shows Only will stop AI from putting Lesser shows on PPV? Again not sure ;) 

tewpurpose.png

Is it possible to change the stipulations for a tournament yearly? Like I have a tournament called Spring Break-Out and want to change it up every year. Like the first year will be a heavyweight tournament and next year maybe a tag team? Is it possible to change a tournament title from a singles title to a tag or trios?

7 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Is it possible to change the stipulations for a tournament yearly? Like I have a tournament called Spring Break-Out and want to change it up every year. Like the first year will be a heavyweight tournament and next year maybe a tag team? Is it possible to change a tournament title from a singles title to a tag or trios?

Nope. Once a title (tournament or otherwise) have been set for singles/tag/trios there isn't a way to change it.

On 5/21/2024 at 10:45 AM, ericmassak said:

Small question about the "anti-hardcore" attribute. What constitutes a hardcore promotion?

Longer context for the question: I am running a custom company within CVerse, the core product is Avant Garde Puroresu and the current product is Bar Room Entertainment. I've had people not re-sign with me because they don't like the company's product. I have a top star with a contract expiring in 6 months who is anti-hardcore, but I'm pretty sure they objected to the product during their last contract. Do I need to change my product? Deathmatches aren't part of Bar Room Entertainment's purview. I run dog collar matches and first blood matches occasionally. My CEO has intervened once to re-sign a worker who had issue with the product, but I'm worried that some other company may take a top star from me.

Bar Room Entertainment is a hardcore product. If you search products by hardcore, you'll see which ones are listed. If the person is anti-hardcore and they're up to be resigned they will want to leave at the end of their deal.

On 5/25/2024 at 7:10 PM, Captain Kayfabe said:

What does "Fans expect important matches to be quite lengthy" mean?

Obviously, there would be a minimum time expected. What would that be? 20 minutes? More?

Also, what constitutes an important match? Would it be a match with a Major Star? 

It depends on your product for what lengthy might mean, but if I recall correctly it is something like ten minutes over world class score threshold. Important match is star or major star being in the match.

On 5/21/2024 at 3:19 PM, Captain Kayfabe said:

I've reloaded my save and re-run the same TV show multiple times, with slight variations on the card.

The overall show grade keeps rating 5-10 points below what I would expect, based on both the individual segment ratings and what the past few similar cards received.

Any thoughts on what the reason would be? The only thing I can think of is that I only have two storylines graded as "hot" when I'm required to have three. I know that can result in penalties, but I didn't think it would be quite that drastic...

Storyline requirements could ding you pretty significantly depending on how your product is set up/how your shows are graded.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 3:08 PM, Maskaras said:

Does anyone know if there’s a way to change the “no picture” image for workers without pictures? I remember one picture pack had silhouettes that were gendered and I’d prefer that if possible.

Skins ---> Graphics --- > No_picture.jpg

I don't know if there is a way to make the silhouettes be gendered (for the game to distinguish between the two, but that's where the no picture image is located.

• Like 1