TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

how do you choose a figurehead for your company

If you're wanting to know where the option is, it's under 'Your Office' screen. It's under the 'Creative' section and it is the fourth tab over.

If you're asking how do you pick who to make your figurehead you typically want:

• High charisma
  • High star quality
  • High overness
  • Babyface

The figure head tab will let you go through all of your roster and it will tell you if someone would be a good fit to be the figurehead.

Hey guys, how can I fire/release someone? I cant seem to find the option. Can you even fire someone who is on a handshake deal? Ive got some locker room issues and I want to get rid of some heads.

Found a workaround sort of, just negotiate a handshake worker to a 1 month deal and boom they outta here. ;)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but when I create my own broadcaster the only options are the internet ones. Is that based on company size or is there just not an option to pick terrestrial or some of the other ones when creating your own broadcaster in game.

I have two questions myself

1. When you create a segment/angle you can base a worker's performance off fighting. What skills contribute this or is it based off the Bad Ass reputation attribute etc.

2. What is the difference between the Core Product and Current Product.

2. What is the difference between the Core Product and Current Product.

Current Product is just that - the product your company is currently presenting. The Core Product is what your company is at its core. Over time (the more different the product, the longer it takes) your product will drift back towards the core product. If you want an example, let me know.

Current Product is just that - the product your company is currently presenting. The Core Product is what your company is at its core. Over time (the more different the product, the longer it takes) your product will drift back towards the core product. If you want an example, let me know.

I'd love an example

1. When you create a segment/angle you can base a worker's performance off fighting. What skills contribute this or is it based off the Bad Ass reputation attribute etc.

According to the handbook, the worker's contribution to the angle is 40% their fighting skill and 60% their popularity. The fighting skill is defined as being the highest rating they have for Brawling, Puroresu or Hardcore.

Found a workaround sort of, just negotiate a handshake worker to a 1 month deal and boom they outta here. ;)

Go to the roster and select the worker you want to release. Then click the one of the arrows on the Popularity section and it will change to Contract Details. The button to release will appear below.

You can release workers on handshake contracts without any problem.

I'd love an example

Let's say you have a promotion that has a current product of Classic Sports Entertainment. In this case, fans will expect TV shows to be 65% matches and 35% angles, won't want controversial endings. If your core product is Deathmatch Lucha Libre then the fans will expect TV shows to be 85% matches and 15% angles, will expect dangerous matches.

So in this case, over time as you shift from your current product towards the core product, fans would expect your TV shows to contain more wrestling and less angles, so as booker you'll need to shift your booking, as well as start to add more dangerous matches and balance how much of the card should be dangerous and extreme matches during the transition as not to put off fans of the current product.

For the sake of simplicity, we could also set WWE's core product as Classic Sports Entertainment. If you played a historical mod, you might change their current product during the late 90's to Attitude Era, knowing you will be presenting a more edgy product, but it can't last forever and eventually, you'll shift back to your core product.

I hope that helps!

According to the handbook, the worker's contribution to the angle is 40% their fighting skill and 60% their popularity. The fighting skill is defined as being the highest rating they have for Brawling, Puroresu or Hardcore.

Ah thank you I no longer have to hesitate on selecting then

Let's say you have a promotion that has a current product of Classic Sports Entertainment. In this case, fans will expect TV shows to be 65% matches and 35% angles, won't want controversial endings. If your core product is Deathmatch Lucha Libre then the fans will expect TV shows to be 85% matches and 15% angles, will expect dangerous matches.

So in this case, over time as you shift from your current product towards the core product, fans would expect your TV shows to contain more wrestling and less angles, so as booker you'll need to shift your booking, as well as start to add more dangerous matches and balance how much of the card should be dangerous and extreme matches during the transition as not to put off fans of the current product.

For the sake of simplicity, we could also set WWE's core product as Classic Sports Entertainment. If you played a historical mod, you might change their current product during the late 90's to Attitude Era, knowing you will be presenting a more edgy product, but it can't last forever and eventually, you'll shift back to your core product.

I hope that helps!

That makes everything 10x more clear cheers for that, I now have to prepare for a shift in my product.

What are the limits of hiring an owner or booker for a child company?

I just created another feeder league and want to assign Angry Gilmore (who is currently unemployed) for the book. But he doesn't show up in the assignment screen, even though he fits all the filter.

Hey I'm not seeing it anywhere maybe I'm blind and skipped over it .. but I'm trying to add the newest patch but I just switched from windows 7 to windows 10 .. and when I extract the update file and tries to do it like I use to in tew2016 just copy and paste over it, it just posts next to it and I don't know how to exactly figure out how to manually update the newest patch.

Thank you for your time not sure what version I'm using but I know I that I kept getting file error msgs before running it strictly as administrator, I think it might be 1.09 version. I don't have access to my computer to check it out exactly which one at.

Q -- Just ran a PPV event. Several "popular" managers are annoyed that they were left off the show, even though their clients were on the pre-show.

Report as a glitch or are they really genuinely mad they weren't on the regular show, even though they were on the pre-show?

Question about product

It's propably basic question but:

What is match focus (regular focus, three ring circus, main event spotlight, ensemble) and angle focus (regular, tight, highlights, consistent)

Is it just for auto booker or does it have effect on rating of my show?

It's propably basic question but:

What is match focus (regular focus, three ring circus, main event spotlight, ensemble) and angle focus (regular, tight, highlights, consistent)

Is it just for auto booker or does it have effect on rating of my show?

Match and Angle focus is absolutely for the player. When selecting the ones you want for that, read the blurbs about what they mean, think about how you book your shows and choose the one that will be most favorable to you.

Each focus can make or break your shows and company, depending on how you book and what you have to work with.

For example, if your roster more or less sucks, but you've got a handful of great main event talent, then you will for sure want the Main Event Focus, because the bulk of your show will be rated based on how your main event does.