Give Me Rules For A Game - Re-Rebooted

Anyone have any good ideas for rules for a Ring of Honor save, starting December 2021? Want to rebuild them but want to give myself some limits.

Two easy ones:

You have to let any major stars go when their contracts expire; anyone over 50 popularity. Likewise, you can't sign anyone over 50 popularity to a full-time deal, but you can bring in some wrestlers at that level for special appearances/one-offs etc.

You can't sign anyone to exclusive deals; handshakes only.

I have two questions:

House of Horror - DeColt family needs new villains. Hire 3 new monsters (70+menace) and push them to at least Well-known level in first year.

Does these new monsters have to be previously unemployed or can they by signed from companies that are not-CGC?

Vibert's indie darling - Vibert loves Trent Shaffer. Make sure he is always involved in a storyline with Major stars/Stars on your show.

What is the reason for this one?

Is it some TEW2020 joke I wouldn't get because I don't have TEW2020?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would love some rules for a “Jim Cornette buys TNA in 2010” game.

Thank you!

Matt Morgan doesn't need to win the World Title but he has to be in contention for it as a top Babyface

Generation Me/The Young Bucks have all the essentials to be a heartthrob babyface tag team akin to the Rock and Roll Express, they have to remain babyfaces

The tag team titles must main event a minimum of 4 ppvs a year.

How can we miss you if you won't go away?: One of the following 4 acts must be suspended indefinitely in storyline (a minimum of 6 months) for breaking one of the promotions new guidelines (no attacks on refs, outside interference, weapon use, whatever you choose): AJ Styles, Abyss, Team 3D or Sting

Surround yourself with who you know: One of the following 5 must be hired and pushed to at least a TV title (may have been Legends at this point, I don't recall) feud: Nick Dinsmore, The Damaja, Doug Basham, Ken Doane or The Boogeyman - if it is The Boogeyman, he must be a heel and use the same gimmick

Matt Morgan doesn't need to win the World Title but he has to be in contention for it as a top Babyface

Generation Me/The Young Bucks have all the essentials to be a heartthrob babyface tag team akin to the Rock and Roll Express, they have to remain babyfaces

The tag team titles must main event a minimum of 4 ppvs a year.

How can we miss you if you won't go away?: One of the following 4 acts must be suspended indefinitely in storyline (a minimum of 6 months) for breaking one of the promotions new guidelines (no attacks on refs, outside interference, weapon use, whatever you choose): AJ Styles, Abyss, Team 3D or Sting

Surround yourself with who you know: One of the following 5 must be hired and pushed to at least a TV title (may have been Legends at this point, I don't recall) feud: Nick Dinsmore, The Damaja, Doug Basham, Ken Doane or The Boogeyman - if it is The Boogeyman, he must be a heel and use the same gimmick

Love these. Suspending Team 3D immediately, and looking forward to pushing Kenny D to the Global title. And I've always been a big Matt Morgan fan, so it's perfect.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kjarvs" data-cite="Kjarvs" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48209" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking to fire up a C-verse save with NYCW. Was hoping somebody could give me some rules to simulate my grouchy old boss Larry Vessey?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1.) No spinal impact moves</p><p> 2.) No high flying moves</p><p> 3.) all matches called in the ring</p><p> 4.) Tag Team Titles must main event half of the shows a year</p><p> 5.) Brutus Milano must hold the Empire Title for two years (Bruno Him )</p><p> 6.) A legend must come in to be the mentor of a youngster and have a grouchy mentor storyline</p>

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for some rules for Tales of Adventure Wrestling (TAW), a new Comic Book Dark company in CVerse 2020. My UC is a custom-made in-universe minor celebrity, with a bit of pop and good entertainment skills, but not a wrestler. I'm using a strict face/heel divide, managers and stables if I can afford that many workers, and integrated wrestling. So far, I've decided that anyone I hire for an on-screen role must have at least 50 Charisma and at least 70 in one of SQ, SA, or Menace.

Could somebody give me rules for WWF save starting in July 1996 please?

Startling storylines:

Shawn Michaels Vs Vader

Ahmed Johnson Vs Faarooq

Mankind Vs Undertaker

Bradshaw Vs Savio Vega

Bret Hart Vs Steve Austin

1. Lost Smile It appears Shawn Michaels has started to feel his love for the wrestling business wane. While it isn't a problem quite yet, he has made it clear to you that he wishes to retire for the time being relatively soon - by WrestleMania 13, Shawn Michaels must have wrestled in, and won his retirement match. Bonus points if done specifically in San Antonio, Texas.

2. Destiny Roll 1996 Steve Austin, Mankind, Triple H - one of them can win as many titles as they want, one of them can only win the WWF World Heavyweight Championship once in their entire career with their reign only lasting up to six months, one of them can never win the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.

3. The Rise Of A Nation Ever since his debut, countless storylines have been pitched regarding the former WCW World Champion Ron Simmons, known now as Faarooq in the WWF. Pick one of the following:

- Simmons forms "The Nation of Domination", which MUST hold all of the gold in the WWF by the end of 1997.

- Simmons and a tag partner he has good chemistry with become a duo of hired hitmen - they MUST be used by both babyfaces and heels to attack others, and have to hold the WWF World Tag Team Championships as a team at least three times before you can split them.

- Simmons becomes a religious acolyte, and must abduct people and brainwash them into fellow supporters of his gospel. By the end of 1997, Simmons must EITHER win the WWF World Championship and hold it for at least six months, or reveal the higher power of his cult. The higher power CANNOT be The Undertaker or Vince McMahon.

4. Put the "World" in World Wrestling Federation By the end of 1998, you must have at least one star from Canada (not counting Bret and Owen Hart), Mexico, Japan, and the British Isles.

5. A New World Ever since they formed in WCW, Vince McMahon has been utterly LIVID with the rampant success of the New World Order, and by proxy WCW, but still firmly believes that entertainment is the key to victory. You are NOT allowed to sign anyone from WCW whose perception is "Star" or "Major Star", but you MUST sign at least four people away from WCW by the end of each year.

6. An Extreme Partnership ECW and the WWF have been working quite well together as of late, and it's clear Paul Heyman wishes to continue the relationship. You cannot take any negative actions toward ECW until the end of 1999. If they ever go into debt, you must give them enough money to keep them afloat OR buy them out and make them into the WWF's developmental territory. If you buy out ECW, Paul Heyman must never be released and at least five members of the ECW roster at the time of purchase must hold some sort of championship gold by the time one year has passed since the buyout.

Any chance of some 2004 WWE rules please? Going to completely redraft the rosters and have some original characters in development at the moment they can be included in rules or excluded.

It's who you know: blood relatives and best friends of your workers (save for wrestlers recognised as unimportant) have to be signed, and used as much as possible based on their skills. So if you have to hire someone's cousin and they can only really be used as a jobber for 2 min squash matches, you do that... but if they have the ability to be a mega-star, you also have to use as such.

Mucha Lucha: hire the most popular under-30yo luchador in Mexico and make him into a star.

Women Revolution: This time, WWE really is going to be a precursor in women wrestling. US women wrestling that is, so you can't simply hire every joshi there is, and so you'll have to find women ready to be stars.

I'm not Nostradamus: Stars of today can't become instant stars in your roster, just because you know they'll become huge. So, no Daniel Bryan headlining Wrestlemania in 2005, or Becky Lynch as the head of the women division. You can hire them if they have 5 years of experience, or if they have proven their worth in one of the top 10 promotions (well, top 11), and once they're in your roster, you take your time building them into solid midcarders without a rocket push.

• 1 month later...

European dream: You must hire an European worker (as in "TEW European", so no British/Irish/Scottish guy) and turn them into one of your biggest stars.

This is a stable roster: At the end of the year, your best stable must be one you've created yourself, and it has to have wrestlers of both genders.

Homegrown talent... kinda: You can't hire established women stars, as in "No one from the current WWE division" (but NXT/NXT UK is fine outside of Io, Dakota Kai, Kay Lee Ray, Meiko Satomura, Bea Priestley and Mandy Rose), AEW division (save for those who mostly/only work b shows like Megan Bayne or Skye Blue) and/or whose US popularity is over your women midcard.

Fiiiine, I'll hire you: Anyone fired from a company must wait at least three months unemployed (outside of small companies) before you can hire them. However, you can try to outbid others for their workers as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
Could I please get some generic rules for booking a single show? I think I'm going to do a file where I have 48 rules and pick one at random for each TV show, so stuff like "all 2v2 matches" or "your oldest guy gets a win" or "have a title change." I think I stole the idea from a dynasty here but I can't find it again.

1-2-3 Kid all over again: A jobber gets a win over someone who's at least a midcarder with a good momentum.

Mixed match: Much like that one time Edge had to count on Kelly Kelly to defend his title, have one of your champions defend his title in a mixed tag match.

The shortest storyline: Have a show be about a very short storyline (even if you don't count it as one). Something like "Face A accidentally do something to Heel B", and you put some angles about the two during the show until they finally face in the Main Event.

Stable wars: Your whole show is nothing but matches where someone from one stable fights against someone from the other stable. Whether it has a purpose for a storyline or not doesn't matter.

I am Iron Man: This show only has one match, an iron man match.

Women's Day: This show only has women matches.

Coop Day: Only tag team matches.

Raw Roulette: Have every stipulation drawn by a randomizer online.

Feel free to tell me if those weren't what you had in mind !

Looking to start playing this game again, would definitely be interested in some rules for a good ol TCW save in the Cornellverse in 2020. I've played all the way up to the finale, the "wrestlemania" and want to start fresh with some rules. I would greatly appreciate it!

Aaron Andrews defeated Wolf Hawkins in a cell match for the title to end the feud.

Devine Fortune took the titles from The Behemoths(Killer Shark & Titan)

Mighty Mo beat Eddie Peak in a ambulance match

It was Team Jay Chord with, Freddy Huggins and his stable vs Team Sammy Back and some of the other older faces(dazzling dave, Danny fonz) for the Total Mayhem match. Team Jay ended up barely wining

Greg Gauge beat Joshua Taylor and a God like graduate named Angelo Hall(really good)to keep the TV title

Tana & T-Bone beat the Elite

Masked Cougar beat Chris Flynn

Actually had the syndicate lose almost every match with only Doc beating Benny Benson

Then I had Davis Wayne Newton beating Edd Stone and Will Beaumont(God pickup) to open the show

Pre show had a battle royal that Troy tornado won with his stable helping him

I bought in a number of other guys(the usual suspects Logan Wolfsbaine etc.) and some gals(future womens division) for my developmental as well as signed a few from SWF and USPW, like Valiant, Marshall Dillon, Zimmy Bumfhole and Joss Thompson.

The roster is pretty much the same at this point with only additions being made

lol nevermind dead game for cornellverse huh