<p>Have development aims been removed from the game? </p><p> </p><p>

I loved being able to send a worker to development “to work there” or as a trainer whilst I planned out a storyline and a debut for that worker. Now if send them to development, I already annoy them by doing so. </p><p> </p><p>

Is this something that will return, or will we now have to bring up all the stars who complain that they’re gaining nothing by being in development or cause morale issues?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jonnycosmic" data-cite="jonnycosmic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48672" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have development aims been removed from the game? <p> </p><p> I loved being able to send a worker to development “to work there” or as a trainer whilst I planned out a storyline and a debut for that worker. Now if send them to development, I already annoy them by doing so. </p><p> </p><p> Is this something that will return, or will we now have to bring up all the stars who complain that they’re gaining nothing by being in development or cause morale issues?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They have been removed not sure if there's any plans to bring them back that and the change to dojo's have been raised as not being popular.</p>

The aim has been removed. However if you build a performance center you can send them there to work on their skills. It's under the Dojos screen but they're really expensive. The very best ones are $20 million to build. A medium quality one is $10 million dollars.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slash-LN" data-cite="Slash-LN" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48672" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The aim has been removed. However if you build a performance center you can send them there to work on their skills. It's under the Dojos screen but they're really expensive. The very best ones are $20 million to build. A medium quality one is $10 million dollars.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Any reason why they were removed? I assume a coding limitation, because I was so excited that playing a development feds were in the game this year.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jonnycosmic" data-cite="jonnycosmic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48672" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any reason why they were removed? I assume a coding limitation, because I was so excited that playing a development feds were in the game this year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't seen any explanation.</p>

You can definitely send them down to a developmental promotion to just wrestle there or whatever you want.

But you can send them to the Performance Center (right now, only SWF has one) if you want them to keep training. Kind of like the NXT people who don't get on shows or only work the Florida circuit.

I've been running SWF and RIPW together to experiment. I've been block taping RIPW for the month and then sending all the unrefined, but talented people to the performance center for the rest of the month.

So you can't send a wrestler to development unless its to work on their skills?

So Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode being in NXT can't be replicated?

Sounds realistic.

Yeah, so day one of any real world game will have multiple requests to be recalled from the likes of Balor, Cole, Charlotte etc because they are too big for development.

Even though some of those workers requested to be in NXT.

Makes me wonder whether or not to even run NXT as a development brand anymore.

Adam removed that feature because how developmental works in 2020 is fundamentally different. People gauge whether or not they should be called up based on their overness now rather than their skills which is way more realistic imo. So while in real life you could argue that certain people in WWE should be sent back down (cough cough Nia Jax cough cough) it's also fair to say that she would see herself as established enough a presence on the roster in terms of popularity that she would be pissed off getting sent to work in a lesser promotion.

Makes me wonder whether or not to even run NXT as a development brand anymore.

That's the thing, NXT is no longer a developmental brand. It might not be at the levels of Raw or Smackdown but is no longer the developmental place that it used to be.

NXT would be a third brand while the 'PC/NXT Live' would be the developmental. Its how I ended up running things in '16 for the last few months of the game cycle.

Keeping the developmental to only run live events, no TV shows, PPV's or even title.

This year if you did that, I can't see the enjoyment of booking the 'PC' over NXT, unless you're really into developing complete unknowns but never getting to use them when they get called up

That's the thing, NXT is no longer a developmental brand. It might not be at the levels of Raw or Smackdown but is no longer the developmental place that it used to be.

This.

NXT is a brand and should be replicated as such in Mods.

You can still have an Child Company and send your young workers down there. They will improve with every match and every Promo and you have the PC too. While I miss that feature from 2016 (assigning Trainers too), it´s just a minor bummer.

I think if we are going to replicate WWE's system. NXT is a third brand and has been treated as such since they started on USA. NXTUK and the Florida loop house shows are the best way to replicate developmental, then the Performance Center would be the training facility.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48672" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think if we are going to replicate WWE's system. NXT is a third brand and has been treated as such since they started on USA. NXTUK and the Florida loop house shows are the best way to replicate developmental, then the Performance Center would be the training facility.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sadly this is true. Annoying, because I was looking forward to playing as NXT as a development fed. I don’t necessarily want to book 6 hours of WWE to get to NXT. </p><p> </p><p> Plus if I put NXT as a third “B” brand, with NXT TV as a “B” show it’s not going to get the ratings and pop that a Raw or Smackdown would. </p><p> </p><p> Still looking forward to it mind. Just need to figure out what’s best.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jonnycosmic" data-cite="jonnycosmic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48672" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sadly this is true. Annoying, because I was looking forward to playing as NXT as a development fed. I don’t necessarily want to book 6 hours of WWE to get to NXT. <p> </p><p> Plus if I put NXT as a third “B” brand, with NXT TV as a “B” show it’s not going to get the ratings and pop that a Raw or Smackdown would. </p><p> </p><p> Still looking forward to it mind. Just need to figure out what’s best.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think this is still possible. You just need to rebalance the popularity of NXT and their workers. It sounds to me like the mod you've converted has NXT's popularity set too low and their workers set too high. Converting can lead to all kinds of weird stuff. It'll be a minute before modders figure out the best way to simulate this.</p>

Everyone hit the head on the nail here. NXT isnt really a "developmental" brand anymore. More so a Raw or Smackdown level imo. They're treated as such with the deal with the USA network, and wrestlers wanting to switch back to that "Brand" makes it more evident.

Everyone hit the head on the nail here. NXT isnt really a "developmental" brand anymore. More so a Raw or Smackdown level imo. They're treated as such with the deal with the USA network, and wrestlers wanting to switch back to that "Brand" makes it more evident.

But would TEW2020 be able to process it as a third brand? Every time you book an NXT show, you would lose popularity, because NXT doesn’t have the main event level stars that Raw or SD! does. It would have to be a “B” brand.

I’m not sure that NXT can be correctly replicated in TEW2020.

But would TEW2020 be able to process it as a third brand? Every time you book an NXT show, you would lose popularity, because NXT doesn’t have the main event level stars that Raw or SD! does. It would have to be a “B” brand.

I’m not sure that NXT can be correctly replicated in TEW2020.

I've set up a brand split in 2020 where one brand did only a B-Show. Works fine and has no impact on pop. You do have to be careful of story lines though.