How is everyone enjoying the game?

A bit regretting buying it. My impression right now is that everything is too easy, no one goes bankrupt, every promotion gets 60-70 rated cards (with very select few exceptions). Finances are still all over the place.

There's a lot of upsides, sure, but it isn't there yet for me.

Honestly, this is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the game. I love the new features but after holding a few shows with ACPW, I find that I'm making money way too easily. Most of the fun from the last few games came from managing the company's finance (cutting costs, keeping the roster lean, and investing in youth to save money) but everything is such a breeze now that I'd probably get bored really quickly. I miss the time when I was losing thousands per show and had to come up with ways to save money haha

I think I'll patiently monitor the patch notes for now and purchase the game when I see signs of the financial system being worked on although I have my doubts.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CloudyDay" data-cite="CloudyDay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Honestly, this is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the game. I love the new features but after holding a few shows with ACPW, I find that I'm making money way too easily. Most of the fun from the last few games came from managing the company's finance (cutting costs, keeping the roster lean, and investing in youth to save money) but everything is such a breeze now that I'd probably get bored really quickly. I miss the time when I was losing thousands per show and had to come up with ways to save money haha<p> </p><p> I think I'll patiently monitor the patch notes for now and purchase the game when I see signs of the financial system being worked on although I have my doubts.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, ACPW also has all their production values set to the absolute minimum.</p>

I’m absolutely loving it and am more into my save than I’ve ever been before. TEW 2016 is completely obsolete to me and I’m addicted to this game. The game world just feels so alive and unpredictable. One very happy customer here!

I am having a bunch of fun, but definitely know what you mean. Every promotion is just a bank account collecting interest and never goes broke or even comes close. I am using a Real World Mod though for my first play through and these stats are completely out of whack and wayyyy to high.

I think I know which one you're talking about, but maybe the high stats are needed to work for the mechanics of this game. I compared a RW mod from 2016 to the one I'm using now in 2020 and the stats in this mod are way higher, but when I first started booking shows using a converted mod from 2016 in 2020, I felt that I was getting really low ratings, so either I tweaked it and got the hang of booking better, or the higher stats help. I'm thinking it's a bit of both.

Besides the limitations in the product settings (which I think should be modified if at possible), I think the AI could use a tweak in a patch. Every single day the AI is disbanding or altering stables in other promotions and it kind of takes me out of the immersion.

Same here for me.

I'm having a blast. I'm really enjoying the game even though only I started my first actual, non-testing save yesterday. I'm loving a lot of the under the hood changes and even though there are some minor annoyances, there hasn't been a game I've played in my entire life that hasn't had those.

I've enjoyed this game so far. I do find the learning curve is pretty steep, even as a guy that has played every prior version. 2020 is not just an upgrade to the system. It's a whole new game that uses some familiar mechanics with a lot of completely new systems. To a certain extent, I find some of the screens counter intuitive, which access to information not where I'd like it to be.

The game remains extremely clicky. As an example, to re-setup my house shows when chemistry reports come in, I have to CLICK open the email screen, pick 2-4 guys to pair up, CLICK to open house shows CLICK to book house shows, CLICK for worker 1 CLICK for worker 2 CLICK for "as opponents" then CLICK the next pair if I remember who I wanted, CLICK out, CLICK back to email, wash rinse repeat. And if I want to check existing chemistry, that's a whole other series of screens and clicking. I'd like to have my reports from house shows and existing chemistry available on the screen I book the house shows from. Sure would save time and clicking.

But still, it is TEW. The Cverse is alive, growing and changing over time, rich in detail. There are still infinite hours of replay value here, without even considering all the mods that are and will be available.

For the first time, I'm playing two games at the same time. One in the standard Cverse, and the other in a heavily modified DotT mod I converted from 2016.

I'm fully satisfied with my purchase. If Adam announces a presale for TEW2024 this afternoon, I'll buy it.

<p>So far, really enjoying it. Definitely the most immersive version I've played, which is invaluable to me. I'm early into a save, and there are a few minor things that need to be tweaked or that might could be done better, but basically a lot of fun.</p><p> </p><p>

St.T</p>

My TEW 2020 game isn't far enough in but in my TEW experience overall, companies really only go bankrupt if you compete on contracts and force them to pay a bunch, wage match, creative control, etc. You can make them eat a lot of bad deals.

Overall, enjoying it.

I feel as though people wanting more promotions to be at risk of going bust are too used to old TEWs where it was normal for promotions to open and then close six months later.

The smaller promotions are doing better in this game because independent wrestling as a whole is on the rise in the Cverse (mainly thanks to WrestleWorld and young talent that hasn't yet been poached). But promotions DO still fail. In a two year watcher game both FCW and CWW have already gone bust, and GSW appears to be next. It's just for the first year and a half the game is pretty stable, but I assure you that does change, and I definitely feel like that's much more true-to-life than prior versions.

Besides the limitations in the product settings (which I think should be modified if at possible), I think the AI could use a tweak in a patch. Every single day the AI is disbanding or altering stables in other promotions and it kind of takes me out of the immersion.

This is true.

Otherwise this game has been like crack cocaine for me since the demo. I love curating my picture folder and adding fan made promotions to the world. Its like being obsessed with a model train set. True immersion.

i had similar gripes but i just went into my preferences and turned off match aims because i feel like they just made booking more tedious having to set some of my mid card matches to story telling and basically making the matches a lot worse than they could be. happy to see their are some out there enjoying it as well

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SlickJonny" data-cite="SlickJonny" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i had similar gripes but i just went into my preferences and turned off match aims because i feel like they just made booking more tedious having to set some of my mid card matches to story telling and basically making the matches a lot worse than they could be. happy to see their are some out there enjoying it as well</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's the point. They're meant to be used for Crowd Management.</p>

<p>I am adoring a lot of the new game now that real life mods are starting to release. As much as I try, the C-verse just isn't for me. </p><p> </p><p>

Most of the new features are already clearly present and having a strong positive impact. Attributes are an absolute game changer and I love the gimmick system. I also really like the ratings being a bit less predictable than they used to be in terms of people having off nights and money promos not always being in the >95% range.</p><p> </p><p>

There are things I hope get a look at before patching becomes almost entirely bug squashing and I think all of my current gripes have been brought up numerous times:</p><p>

I really hope we can eventually click and drag matches and angles around in the show order or there are bigger buttons included because it's very frustrating as is.</p><p> </p><p>

Japanese and Mexican companies tying down foreign stars to long term exclusive written deals. Touring contracts returning and/or adding in hiring rules to address this would help a lot. </p><p> </p><p>

Show and match grades being so small. </p><p> </p><p>

Skills on bio pages not being organized into their groups. </p><p> </p><p>

Nothing game breaking and the return of the mouse wheel and keyboard in road agent notes was a game-changer for me no joke. I LOVE the different eras having unique homepages as I do the return of non wrestling tv shows. Helps with immersion an awful lot. I haven't really touched the editor so maybe some of the complaints raised about it would throw me off too but I've yet to feel that pain.</p>

<p>I haven't played 16 since the 20 demo came out so I went ahead and bought the full game. </p><p>

I think the demo gave a good idea of what to expect and I didn't have any problems with it. </p><p>

With the way I play and the options I have set it's been harder to gain popularity and such which is fine by me. It's causing me to try different people and try different product types. </p><p>

I feel like Adam and his team have done a good job of addressing concerns from the community. </p><p>

Now that I can control my child company as a second player I feel less restricted and I feel less overwhelmed when trying to get specific young talent.</p>