Introducing TEWbooru: A website dedicated to hosting and tagging TEW related images

What is TEWbooru?

TEWbooru is a dedicated TEW image booru. An "image booru" is a website that allows users to upload/host and extensively tag images.

Why do we need TEWbooru?

JSilver very helpfully previously created the "TEW Download Center" on Photobucket and on Dropbox. As many of you may be aware, Photobucket has now become extremely awkward with it's watermarking of images and the stripping of it's ability to tag images. Dropbox is handy but cumbersome to navigate.

TEWbooru allows users to host images just like Imgur or Photobucket for free but also allows users to rapidly navigate a huge number of images and find exactly what they're looking for. Users can apply multiple tags at once to create highly specific searches. TEWbooru will allow you to search the work of your favourite artist, or your favourite wrestler, or your favourite promotion in record time.

How do I use TEWbooru?

Anyone can browse TEWbooru. To find an image, simply apply your search terms in the box in the navigation area. Please note that currently TEWbooru is only set up for demonstration/proof of concept and that it will take many more uploads for it to reach it's potential.

Let me show you an example of the search functionality of TEWbooru:

eNCdkxS.jpg

Here I've searched for "Blueglass Championship Wrestling" and it's showing me all the results currently uploaded

wVviUGI.jpg

But I then I add a second tag in the nav box and I can narrow it down even more. There is no limit to the number of tags I can apply to narrow down my search, as long as that tags already exists.

How do I upload to TEWbooru?

You are required to make an account to upload to TEWbooru and nothing else. Once you're registered you may begin uploading images to the site

When uploading to TEWbooru, we ask you to apply as many appropriate tag as you can think of

Let's look at an upload I did earlier as an example:

1rbJFvt.jpg

As you can see, I put a number of tags on this image. When creating a multiple word tag, it's very important you use an underscore instead of a space to link the two words. So in this case it's "Julius_Moor". If I had used a space instead, it would create two separate tags "Julius" and "Moor".

When tagging the creator/Artist of the image, please use the prefix "Artist:". As you can see in the image, I've used two Artist tags because JSilver created the original rerender, but then Kamchatka subsequently did an alt of it. So Artist:JSilver and Artist:Kamchatka were used as tags. Artist tags are coloured orange to help differentiate them from the other standard tags.

Up to 10 images at a time can be uploaded, provided they're all going to use the same tag. So let's say Johnny X did 5 different Eddie Peak rerenders. I could upload all them at once under the tags "Rerender" "Eddie_Peak" "Artist:Johnny_X" "Cornellverse".

TEWBooru Rules:

• 150x150 or 500x40 images only please, ie Wrestler images, Company logos, Company banners, Event logos and Championship titles, that sort of thing
  • No full renders. Due to bandwidth limits, we must request that users do not upload full renders to the site
  • TEW related content only please
  • Please take the time to tag your images. Please remember to use _ between words instead of spaces if you want to link them. So for example, Steven_Parker. When tagging the artist, please add the prefix Artist:

Who created TEWbooru?

Even though I knew there was an issue with Photobucket hosting TEW images since 2016, and even though I had seen and used Image boorus for many years, so for some reason it never clicked for me (Celt) that an Image Booru for TEW could help solve the problem. Once I put 2 and 2 together, I contacted another member of the /wooo/ community on 420chan who had created /wooo/booru, a dedicated image booru relating to /wooo/ content, and inquired about how image boorus work and what to do. The Excel very kindly offered to host TEWbooru on his own website for free provided we don't burn straight through the bandwidth. With the size of our images being so small data-wise, I felt confident that wouldn't happen.

So here I am now proposing it to the community.

Hey, you uploaded my image without asking?

Given that this is basically just another version of both the TEW Photobucket project and the TEW Dropbox, I'm taking it that most people are not going to object to their stuff going on another platform/site, but if anyone does, I'll be happy to remove their stuff if they don't want it there.

When creating the screenshots I just threw a bunch of various images in there just so I could demonstrate what exactly this site is and what it's supposed to do.

We'd also suggest you bookmark the site since remembering the url might be tricky for some peeple

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Celt" data-cite="The Celt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> Too Long; Didn't Read</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Basically, TEWbooru is like the old Photobucket but anyone can upload to it and anyone can add tags to the images. The tags make it really easy to find things.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://theo.minuspoint.com/tewbooru/post/list" rel="external nofollow"><strong>Click Here to Access TEWbooru</strong></a></p><p> </p><p> I hope people find it useful.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this intended for C-Verse stuff or can real world get involved?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You know, for some reason I hadn't considered real world stuff before. But yes, I suppose in theory you could. <strong><em>However</em></strong>, I'm going to say right now now it's much better suited to fictional rerenders and alts than it is Real World stuff. </p><p> </p><p> This is because every image (ideally) needs to be tagged as you're going along, and you can only mass upload up to 10 images at a time. So for example, you couldn't just upload 1000 real world worker cuts at once. You'd have to manually add all your Shawn Michaels cuts at once, and then all your Steve Austins, and your Hulk Hogans, and etc </p><p> </p><p> I suppose you could add guys from the same promotion all at once under the same tags, or something like that. But, yeah, I suspect real-world mod makers would find the process quite tedious, specifically because of the tagging. I really don't want uploaders dumping tons of random real world cuts under the single tag of "Jamie_Cuts" or "Real_World" or whatever. </p><p> </p><p> The point of TEWbooru is that if I search "Steve Austin", I can immediately find Steve Austin. I don't want to have to shift through mountains of stuff to do it. Like if real world cuts were allowed, I'd want people to appropriately tag the images. So for example, if I specifically wanted a 1997 Austin image, the upload better have gone to the work of tagging his Austin uploads with the years on them. We wouldn't want a case where people are looking for a 90s Steve Austin and all they can see are 2015 Austins. The system is designed to be specific. </p><p> </p><p> So yeah, while I'm hesitant to say "no, that's banned", I've got the vibe that it probably wouldn't work unless you're willing to take the time to tag all your images as you go along. </p><p> </p><p> It would work best for real world event logos, promotion logos and banners and things like that. But for the wrestlers, it'd be tricky.</p>

<p>Since my workers are on the KyKy background, I think my pack is good enough for that I don't need to flood any site with that much bloat, but for logos and such was what I was thinking.</p><p> </p><p>

Are these tags editable to the uploader or can they only be done on upload?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>EDIT</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Just did a test to see how it works</p><p>

<a href="https://theo.minuspoint.com/tewbooru/post/view/28" rel="external nofollow">https://theo.minuspoint.com/tewbooru/post/view/28</a></p><p> </p><p>

Looks like you can upload 10 images at a time, and they can all be tagged individually or communly tagged and that you can edit tags after uploading if your the uploader.</p><p> </p><p>

Would uploaders have the power to delete their uploads or would that only be an admin thing, for example if someone uploaded the same impage twice or uploaded an improved verison of something they already posted.</p><p> </p><p>

Also if you want to focus on fantasy stuff for now feel free to delete, I'm too stuck fixing my mod to do much else right now, but if cool I'd upload more at a later date.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Are these tags editable to the uploader or can they only be done on upload?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe any registered user can edit the tags on any image. I'm presuming only people from the community are going to be using this site so I've no reason not to trust them with that ability </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would uploaders have the power to delete their uploads or would that only be an admin thing, for example if someone uploaded the same impage twice or uploaded an improved verison of something they already posted.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In the current setup, I believe only admins have the power to delete an image</p>

<p>As a relatively well travelled citizen of the internet, the term TEWbooru when I first glanced gave me a slight heart attack as from my travels most booru sites deal in.... well... *objectionable content*, mainly due to the software and idea of imageboards being inherently tied to the *chan subculture.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Not gonna lie though, this is a great idea and I'm glad to see it implemented. I just wonder if TEWbooru, while a very descriptive name... is necessarily the best name when it comes to bringing people in. Heck, I know some corporate firewalls and even internet filters that straight up block the keyword "booru" due to its connotations.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Just food for thought from a guy who's been everywhere, man. Hell, look at my avatar and you can probably guess my subculture... and yeah... I'm gonna stop right there. lol</p>

Great idea!

Works reasonably well for uploading images considering the obvious "early 2000s internet" charm of the software :D

Let's hope that many artists and followers join in so that we can fill this quickly and start leveraging the greatness of collaborative tagging.

This is such a great idea Celt fantastic work. I had an idea for something similar with rw pics a few years ago but not being very knowledgeable about hosting stuff etc couldn’t find a good system or site. Any chance you’d ever look at doing one for rw pics too?

Great work again. These projects become valuable assets for the community.

Edit - Sorry didn't read the whole thread you answered my question!

Love this. I recently downloaded everything from my photobucket and wanted to share again, but didn't feel it was worth making a new thread. Putting it up here seems like a much better idea.

How should free pictures for generated Cverse workers be tagged? I have a bunch of created characters from an abandoned mod that could be useful for generated workers.

Is there anyway to bulk load and tag more than 10 at a time?

I am heading towards 2k custom images and there is no way I have time to load and tag each one, but if I could drop them all in tagged as mine and CVerse I could then gradually add more tags over time etc?

Really nice idea either way.

This is such a great idea Celt fantastic work. I had an idea for something similar with rw pics a few years ago but not being very knowledgeable about hosting stuff etc couldn’t find a good system or site. Any chance you’d ever look at doing one for rw pics too?

Great work again. These projects become valuable assets for the community.

Edit - Sorry didn't read the whole thread you answered my question!

Yea, a RW version i would be very interested in.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49950" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to bulk load and tag more than 10 at a time?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because of the focus on tagging I wouldn't want a bulk uploader. If you would like help I have your folder downloaded and we can coordinate on uploads.</p><p> </p><p> Otherwise I would suggest prioritizing from newest to oldest.</p>

Brilliant idea, really hope to see it take off - there aren't nearly enough Scythe renders hosted at the moment. :D

Has already reminded me of some absolutely fabulous TCW renders that I don't think I've used since TEW 2013 because I never really updated my 2016 Cverse worker pics.

If people would like to make a real world booru, that might be an idea, but they'll have to look into setting it up themselves. As I said in the OP, TEWbooru was essentially gifted to us from someone in the same digital tribe as me. He's hosting it on his own personal website, which is why TEWbooru is not going to have any ads. Since TEWbooru was sort of a favour to me, I'd feel like I'd be pushing it asking for a second site.

Now, as I understand, the Booru Project at http://www.booru.org do offer the opportunity to create a booru for few, however I think even SFW booru on that network probably carry ads. I did see that the owners/operators of the site as losing money and other stuff so I wasn't sure about going with them.

The software to run a booru is, I think, open-source but you need a bit of technical knowledge to host it.