Lack Of Anything Going On In Angles

So in one of my saves, my company's product is No Style and with that it seems that whenever I do any angle that involves a brawl it gets penalized with apperently "Lack of anything going on" what action based angles can I put on with this style that won't get penaied

<p>It's happening due to workers being rated on "passive" stats (overness, star quality, menace, etc) in the angle. Try using free-style angles, and have the workers rated on the most logical "active" stat (entertainment, fighting, selling, acting, etc) for what you are trying to accomplish in the angle.</p><p> </p><p>

Alternatively, take a look at <strong>Teh_Showtime</strong>'s reworking of the default angle pack here which will solve a lot of the issues....</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749</a></p>

The default angles are really the problem, they were clearly an oversight. Once you wrap your head around how the penalty works, and that it applies to anything over 4 mins you get it. No more 15min Gargantuan Menace 90 milking sessions.

The way angles work was changed this game. You probably had them all set as Overness, Menace, or SA. In this case, let's say you had a 6 minute angle featuring two workers. You had them standing there doing nothing for the entirety of the 6 minutes. No one said anything, no one did anything, they just stood there looking at each other for the 6 minutes. You need to have an active role in an angle, be it entertainment, microphone, fighting, etc for it to count as them doing something

The way angles work was changed this game. You probably had them all set as Overness, Menace, or SA. In this case, let's say you had a 6 minute angle featuring two workers. You had them standing there doing nothing for the entirety of the 6 minutes. No one said anything, no one did anything, they just stood there looking at each other for the 6 minutes. You need to have an active role in an angle, be it entertainment, microphone, fighting, etc for it to count as them doing something

It would be when anything but a talking angle happens. Brawls, post match attacks, beatdowns. anything like that.

It would be when anything but a talking angle happens. Brawls, post match attacks, beatdowns. anything like that.

Brawls, post-match attacks and beatdowns should all be rated on "Fighting" (and Selling for a beatdown), not Overness.

Overness means they're literally standing there doing nothing, hence the penalty.

1) Don't use default angles unless you really know what you're doing. Stick to the Freeform angle and don't look back.

2) Here is a breakdown of what all the things represent to the best of my knowledge:

Overness is just popping for the name. When Stone Cold's music played and the crowd goes nuts, that is rating on Overness. It's great for when a worker just appears for the classic "stare down", it's great for a hype or highlight reel. It is being rated on their "name value"

Entertainment is them cutting a promo. Talking about something in general.

Fighting is a good brawl. All those "backstage ambush" should be rated on Fighting if it's an even fight. Fighting means they're getting some good punches in.

Microphone is one I use rarely but in theory it's a segment where it is just their mic skills. No body language, no charisma to pump up the crowd. I have seen this used for "interview" segments where one person is just holding the mic and asking questions.

Charisma is where there isn't a mic involved. When a worker showboats inside the ring up on the turnbuckles but nobody can hear what they are saying but just getting swept up in their passion that is raw Charisma.

Acting is another one I rarely use. I would imagine it's for things like faking an injury. All angles are "acting" but this is specifically selling something outside of the ring. Fake injuries, fake crying, that kind of stuff. If a worker has to act sad because their fake girlfriend dumped them, that's acting. If Vince McMahon has to fake a foot injury, that's acting (until Stone Cold beats him over the head with a bedpan and then it's selling).

Selling is getting smashed. If a worker is just getting destroyed, that's selling.

Star Quality is the male version of sex appeal. I rarely use it because it doesn't come up much but if they're just looking at a picture of a guy and saying "wow! he looks amazing!" I could see it. If a guy goes into the middle and flexes his muscles, that's SQ. The difference I think is Charisma is about engaging the crowd and firing the crowd up while Star Quality is just "look at me!"

Sex Appeal: Duh. Looking sexy.

Menace: Looking mean. For a "backstage ambush" if it's an even fight, everyone is Fighting. If it's a classic "Monster Destroy" then it is Menace vs. Selling. Menace is also looking mean next to someone doing the talking.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1) Don't use default angles unless you really know what you're doing. Stick to the Freeform angle and don't look back.<p> </p><p> 2) Here is a breakdown of what all the things represent to the best of my knowledge:</p><p> </p><p> Overness is just popping for the name. When Stone Cold's music played and the crowd goes nuts, that is rating on Overness. It's great for when a worker just appears for the classic "stare down", it's great for a hype or highlight reel. It is being rated on their "name value"</p><p> </p><p> Entertainment is them cutting a promo. Talking about something in general.</p><p> </p><p> Fighting is a good brawl. All those "backstage ambush" should be rated on Fighting if it's an even fight. Fighting means they're getting some good punches in.</p><p> </p><p> Microphone is one I use rarely but in theory it's a segment where it is just their mic skills. No body language, no charisma to pump up the crowd. I have seen this used for "interview" segments where one person is just holding the mic and asking questions.</p><p> </p><p> Charisma is where there isn't a mic involved. When a worker showboats inside the ring up on the turnbuckles but nobody can hear what they are saying but just getting swept up in their passion that is raw Charisma.</p><p> </p><p> Acting is another one I rarely use. I would imagine it's for things like faking an injury. All angles are "acting" but this is specifically selling something outside of the ring. Fake injuries, fake crying, that kind of stuff. If a worker has to act sad because their fake girlfriend dumped them, that's acting. If Vince McMahon has to fake a foot injury, that's acting (until Stone Cold beats him over the head with a bedpan and then it's selling).</p><p> </p><p> Selling is getting smashed. If a worker is just getting destroyed, that's selling.</p><p> </p><p> Star Quality is the male version of sex appeal. I rarely use it because it doesn't come up much but if they're just looking at a picture of a guy and saying "wow! he looks amazing!" I could see it. If a guy goes into the middle and flexes his muscles, that's SQ. The difference I think is Charisma is about engaging the crowd and firing the crowd up while Star Quality is just "look at me!"</p><p> </p><p> Sex Appeal: Duh. Looking sexy.</p><p> </p><p> Menace: Looking mean. For a "backstage ambush" if it's an even fight, everyone is Fighting. If it's a classic "Monster Destroy" then it is Menace vs. Selling. Menace is also looking mean next to someone doing the talking.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is a very good post and I'd like to add some of my thoughts here.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Selling</strong> is not just getting beaten down. In essence, selling is about convincing people that you're hurt/injured, isn't it?. So, things like favouring one leg, holding your back, clutching your shoulder, your neck or whatever other part of your body. That's all part of selling, too.</p><p> </p><p> I disagree that <strong>Star Quality</strong> is the male version of sex appeal. In the default databse there are quite a few male workers with really high sex appeal: Champagne Lover, Sammy Bach, Wolf Hawkins, Rock God Alvarez, Nicky Champion for example. So, you can rate men on Sex Appeal, too.</p><p> I haven't been able to really wrap my head around when to rate someone on Star Quality. So far I could only think of when "The Narcissist" Lex Luger debuted in the WWF. It was all about him looking like a star. </p><p> Genuinely curious in what situations other players rate someone on star quality.</p><p> </p><p> As for <strong>fighting</strong>, so far I've always used it when someone is physically attacking another worker or fighting back another worker, not only for even fights. The monster beatdown that you mentioned, I'd rate the "monster" on fighting and the victim on selling. Am I doing this wrong?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Acting</strong> is something I've always struggled with because sometimes it's really tough to distinguish between acting, entertainment or selling. Someone faking an injury would be selling in a pro wrestling context, wouldn't it? Is it safe to say that whenever there's an angle that looks like it could be something out of a movie or a television series, you should rate in on acting?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Genuinely curious in what situations other players rate someone on star quality.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Me too. Unless it's something like a celebrity at ringside I can't think of anything else.</p><p> </p><p> Maybe something like a Darby Allin promo with no spoken parts, but is that more charisma?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Me too. Unless it's something like a celebrity at ringside I can't think of anything else.<p> </p><p> Maybe something like a Darby Allin promo with no spoken parts, but is that more charisma?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I started using Star Quality for a variant of of a managerial promo where the manager (rated on ENT of course) is talking about a client. In my head it just means they are emphasizing that particular aspect of the wrestler. The other variants I have for now are Menace and Overness, but I'll make Sex Appeal if I ever actually need it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Me too. Unless it's something like a celebrity at ringside I can't think of anything else.<p> </p><p> Maybe something like a Darby Allin promo with no spoken parts, but is that more charisma?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For my angle pack I used star quality in the vignettes for things like making a full court shot, hole in one, etc. It was a toss up between that and charisma.</p><p> </p><p> I also believe I had manager angles rate the client on SQ, since if they had requisite charisma they wouldn’t necessarily need a manager in the first place?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Genuinely curious in what situations other players rate someone on star quality.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Most common one for me is, as others have said, when a manager is hyping up a client based on his general look.</p><p> </p><p> The baseline is when Mark Jindrak shamelessly stole my e-fed gimmick that predated him by about 10 years, and his manager (who I've completely forgotten...?) was hyping him as the "reflection of perfection". </p><p> </p><p> The whole idea of those promos was that Jindrak looked like a star (the unintended implication being that he didn't wrestle, speak or act like one...).</p><p> </p><p> Basically any debut angle, where the point of the angle is like "hey, this guy looks like he could be something one day" and he's not talking or doing anything himself. If they have Star Quality - especially if they have charisma too - the angle would do better than relying on Overness, as presumably in this situation they don't have a huge amount of popularity and no momentum.</p><p> </p><p> Depends on what happens in the angle. If it's a Kane type of guy, he's going to be rated on Menace obviously. But your Randy Orton/Jindrak type would be on SQ.</p>

<p>I use Star Quality for profile pieces, or hype videos that go more in-depth that <em>"Wowzers, it's that guy you know!"</em>.</p><p> </p><p>

The UFC style packages AEW did hyping Moxley vs Hager, that to me is star quality, because they were trying to teach you why these guys were important, and not just assume you knew. There were flashes of Entertainment in there, from the talking heads, and clips of Fighting, but the core two I'd make an argument is was presenting Star Quality.</p>

Let me clarify earlier. You use star quality the same way as sex appeal. No character, just showcasing “the look”. A guy flexing in the ring is the easiest, think Papa Pump and his swollen biceps. He isn’t looking mean, he is saying “look at how much I look the part”

D is right. Manager on the stick and worker behind him looking like a star would work. A version of a bikini contest where judges determine who has the right “look” to be on the front side of the program. Use it like you would sex appeal because you are judging bodies, just for a different reason.

I use Star Quality for profile pieces, or hype videos that go more in-depth that "Wowzers, it's that guy you know!".

The UFC style packages AEW did hyping Moxley vs Hager, that to me is star quality, because they were trying to teach you why these guys were important, and not just assume you knew. There were flashes of Entertainment in there, from the talking heads, and clips of Fighting, but the core two I'd make an argument is was presenting Star Quality.

Wouldn't this be rated on Overness? Overness is literaly "Hey, it's that guy you know! Po!"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="praguepride" data-cite="praguepride" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wouldn't this be rated on Overness? Overness is literaly "Hey, it's that guy you know! Po!"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To me it's the opposite. "Hey, here's a guy you don't really know." or "Here's another side of a guy you think you know. These are the (non-verbal, non-movez) reasons you should care".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's happening due to workers being rated on "passive" stats (overness, star quality, menace, etc) in the angle. Try using free-style angles, and have the workers rated on the most logical "active" stat (entertainment, fighting, selling, acting, etc) for what you are trying to accomplish in the angle.<p> </p><p> Alternatively, take a look at <strong>Teh_Showtime</strong>'s reworking of the default angle pack here which will solve a lot of the issues....</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749</a></p></div></blockquote><p> Just downloaded the mod. Thank you very much</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's happening due to workers being rated on "passive" stats (overness, star quality, menace, etc) in the angle. Try using free-style angles, and have the workers rated on the most logical "active" stat (entertainment, fighting, selling, acting, etc) for what you are trying to accomplish in the angle.<p> </p><p> Alternatively, take a look at <strong>Teh_Showtime</strong>'s reworking of the default angle pack here which will solve a lot of the issues....</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547749</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for this. A massive massive oversight that the angles the game ships with don't work. God help new and casual players. </p><p> </p><p> The angle system has needed a rethink for a while and it's another disappointment it wasn't worked on for this version of the game. Freestyle angles seem to be the way forward but I would rather some kind of system where you book each guys role in the segment i.e "talking", "attacking", "is attacked" "stand looking menacing" etc, allowing for combinations where they do more than one thing, and then have the game choose what to rate it on. Seems a lot more immersive and less like cheating than just picking the end result of what they're rated on every time.</p>