TCP's Big Announcement Part 5: THE BETA V2.0

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, just to keep it straight the ECW roster as of right now is.... Axl Rotten Balls Mahoney C.W. Anderson Danny Doring Francine Jazz Joey Styles Kurt Angle Paul Heyman Rob Van Dam Sabu Sandman Terry Funk Tommy Dreamer Tony Mamaluke And Spoilers.... Al Snow Big Show Gangrel (has re-signed with WWE, strongly RUMORED to be a part of ECW) Justin Credible Nunzio Steven Richards Tazz

[QUOTE=XxFutureLegend112xX]its just retarded moving Big Show to ECW...they shouldve picked someone else.....i personally would have liked to see Matt Hardy go myself[/QUOTE] Yeah, I agree. The only thing I can see him doing is being Heyman's 911... I mean he doesnt work good for hardcore.... he doesnt "wrestle" like the new version of ECW... Unless the new version of ECW is just another way of rebranding Smackdown? :(

LOOKs that way... Only thing is, even with alot of the smackdown guys out and going to raw, there's still alot of other guys. I hope they dont just FLOOD ECW with guys... I mean 3 or 4, but lets get some of the young guys in here. That is IF they do drop the fastly fading Smackdown.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]LOOKs that way... Only thing is, even with alot of the smackdown guys out and going to raw, there's still alot of other guys. I hope they dont just FLOOD ECW with guys... I mean 3 or 4, but lets get some of the young guys in here. That is IF they do drop the fastly fading Smackdown.[/QUOTE] That would be why that both Heavyweight titles are up for grabs......maybe.....somthing like RVD wins but Vince makes a trade sending Rey Jr to ECW with his title.... This will open up Raw and Smackdown to merge..... Rumors are also out there that the next Video game is going to be called WWE vs ECW........so yea

[QUOTE=darkfire423]That would be why that both Heavyweight titles are up for grabs......maybe.....somthing like RVD wins but Vince makes a trade sending Rey Jr to ECW with his title.... This will open up Raw and Smackdown to merge..... Rumors are also out there that the next Video game is going to be called WWE vs ECW........so yea[/QUOTE] Well it Seems Vince Has finally accepted that The Brand Extentsion Failed just like the XFL.... Hopefully ECW proves to be a good investment unlike the Brand Split & XFL... less then a week left till release yay

[QUOTE=S-kay]Considering the stats of some japanese workers, I think Sonjay Dutt's psychology should be put down from B to B- or C+. Same with Elix Skipper.[/QUOTE] Sonjay Dutt should probably have C- Psychology at best. He's actually a rather poor worker and is a textbook spot money (the bad kind of spot monkey that is). Quite overrated I think. [QUOTE=S-kay]Batista's psychology is a bit high from what I've seen of him. Scotty Too Hotty as well. Maybe B- or C+?[/QUOTE] Scotty Too Hotty has decent Psychology, maybe B-, sure. Batista indeed isn't all that great, probably only a little better than Dutt. C or C+ would probably be a good place to put it. I'd almost say Batista's personality should also be set to Egomaniac maybe, given his completely ignorant comments about AJ Styles (for which I also think they should have a Strong Dislike relationship if they don't already). [QUOTE=S-kay]Colt Cobana wrestles for WWE now I think and is done with ROH. Not too sure though.[/QUOTE] Last I heard Colt Cabana only had one match in WWE. Wasn't he on the most recent ROH shows? I know he just got off a big feud with Homicide; I thought he was part of the war with CZW? I only go by what I read, since I can't watch them all that well. [QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]Colt Cabana did wrestle another dark match recently. Looks like he'll get a deal soon, if he doesnt have one already.[/QUOTE] Yikes, let's hope not. Colt Cabana is way too good for WWE. He would just be yet another talent used improperly and bumped down to jobberdom until getting released and going back to the indies. [QUOTE=S-kay]The Wrestling Observer and Pro Wrestling Torch both have this: "(2) Trevor Murdoch defeated Colt Cabana. Colt was announced as being from Pittsburgh, but he arched his eyebrow and gave a ****y smile like "Not really, but what can I do?" Murdoch was, well, himself. Colt played the fiery face, a role which I have not seen from him before. Unfortunately, on the WWE stage Colt looked like an out of shape Matt Stryker. I like Colt, he needs some work to make it to WWE though. Murdoch won an OK match with a DDT."[/QUOTE] Basically, what they're saying is that Cabana has too dumb himself down some more in order to make it in WWE, heh. [QUOTE=S-kay]I realise that prestige is related to the perception of the community. I also realise that CMLL is the longest-going promotion in wrestling history. However, that does not mean seniority rules. Otherwise, AJPW also needs a lot higher prestige. However, AJPW is in shambles and isn't seen as the promotion it once was. In regards to CMLL, I feel that the mexican wrestling scene doesn't hold the same prestige as the US and Japanese scene does on a world wide scale. When you hear about five star matches and other notable news, compared to the US and Japan, Mexico does not feature as frequently. Hence the reasons for my suggestions. Perhaps though I maybe slightly ignorant of the mexican wrestling scene and thus undermine its world scale significance. I place NOAH on the same level as NJPW because of NJPW's troubles for the last couple of years. Prestige, as far as I know, in-game is used for calculating which promotion, workers prefer to go to if two or more contract offers occur. At the moment NOAH is seen on-level if not above NJPW. Just wanted to give an explanation for my suggestions and I do fully respect your views as well.[/QUOTE] QFT CMLL should definitely not have A* Prestige. That would make them the "top choice" among any workers who work in Mexico. Wouldn't it be dumb if they could steal talent from WWE? Here is how I would rank certain promotions: WWE: A TNA: B ROH: B AAA: C+ CMLL: C NJPW: B NOAH: B AJPW: B- [QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]I say keep updating it until the release, that way ECW has a roster that's a little more filled out. Right now it's looking kind of small, and needs to get a little bit bigger. So, keep updating it to make sure everyone gets added that needs to be.[/QUOTE] So ECW is going to be in the data? Definitely gonna be a mess there. I hope it's put in as a child promotion to WWE in that case. TCP1, I would suggest one of two things: a) make everything current as of June 1, stop accepting new news, and set the data for June, or b) delay the release of the data until July 1, even if you get done, and keep updating until then, making it current as of that time, and set the data for July. [QUOTE=Deadman36g]ok, just to keep it straight the ECW roster as of right now is.... (snip) Nunzio[/QUOTE] He's back to being Little Guido now (or maybe just Guido). [QUOTE=XxFutureLegend112xX]its just retarded moving Big Show to ECW...they shouldve picked someone else.....i personally would have liked to see Matt Hardy go myself[/QUOTE] QFT I loved the swerve but hated the one doing it. The Big Show is such a big piece of crap, and will only hinder ECW. Most people are too dumb to realize that size doesn't actually matter all that much in a fight, and he's not good enough to handle the ECW style. If it had been me, I would have had it go the other way. Big Show would have eliminated Kurt Angle, and Randy Orton would have jumped ship to ECW; the whole feud involving Angle and Orton would have been revealed as a setup, and ECW would have a mighty talented guy in the mix. Orton may have a bad attitude backstage (at least toward women), but while he's no Mariko Yoshida in the ring or The Rock on the mic, he's a good all-rounder.

[quote=Anubis]I loved the swerve but hated the one doing it. The Big Show is such a big piece of crap, and will only hinder ECW. Most people are too dumb to realize that size doesn't actually matter all that much in a fight, and he's not good enough to handle the ECW style.[/quote] Okay. I agree that size doesn't really matter in a fight. But when the opponent is someone who's 500lbs and is 7'2" - uh, if Show really hits them? They're probably gonna go down, no matter who they are. I've heard stories, that are verified, that Show once kicked/punched (I don't remember anymore) one of the locker room doors off the hinges because someone was trapped inside. The door was knocked clean off and a few feet into the room. Yeah, size doesn't matter if you're smart - but it sure helps. And I don't agree, Show is NOT a big piece of crap. He's one of the better big man workers out there. So, he doesn't have a huge 'moveset', maybe he DOES and he's just not allowed to show off more then he does. He's pretty decent on the mic, and is entertaining the ring. I'm pretty sure he can handle working a ECW style. Now each brand has a giant, yay. [quote=Anubis]Orton may have a bad attitude backstage (at least toward women), but while he's no Mariko Yoshida in the ring or The Rock on the mic, he's a good all-rounder.[/quote] I disagree with this too. I've heard he's got problems with pretty much everyone backstage and can't cope with most of the guys in the back - and treats them badly as well. He's disappointed Trips, pissed off 'Taker and Show. Angle's not too high on him either. Orton is inconsistant in the ring as well as on the mic. He was pretty good tonight though!

[QUOTE=TCP1]How does everyone feel about a delayed release date. 1st July?[/QUOTE] i love the idea, testing my mod was gonna be a real pain with the world cup being on, that way i can take my time and make sure its really good before i release it!However, i get the feeling a lot of peeps are gonna be less happy. People seem pretty excited about the mod! (and rightfully so!)

[QUOTE=Anubis]TCP1, I would suggest one of two things: a) make everything current as of June 1, stop accepting new news, and set the data for June, or b) delay the release of the data until July 1, even if you get done, and keep updating until then, making it current as of that time, and set the data for July. [/QUOTE] I vote for July 1st [QUOTE=Anubis] He's back to being Little Guido now (or maybe just Guido) [/QUOTE] Still Had Nunzio on his rear

Just some small stat tweaking in this batch. Probably some will cause some controversy and disagreement from some. However, most of these are because of the inclusion of the japan data. Basically, some stats of US workers are too high when compared with the japanese workers, mostly with psychology. Benoit's psychology (A*) needs dumbing down to A. If Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi only have A for psychology, so should Benoit. He is on the same level as them perhaps but not above. I recommend Big Show's psychology (B) be changed to C+ or C. Chris Master's psychology from C+ to C- or C Dustin Rhodes' psychology from B to C+. Jamie Noble upped psychology from B to B+ based on his RoH work. John Cena's psychology from C+ to C or C-. His consistency should be lowered from B to C- as well. This is based on the fact that sometimes he has some dud matches yet sometimes he does have fairly good matches such as the one he had with Chris Jericho. Kane from B to C+ or B- Mark Jindrak from B- to C Matt Hardy's psychology from C+ to B-. His Hardcore skill probably needs to be upped from C to B- or B. After all he did do all those TLC and other equivalent matches. Sylvan Grenier's psychology from C+ to C- or D. Great Khali's Basic and Psychology are at C. I would think he's a E or D level. Brother Runt's psychology is probably at C+ Jeff Jarrett's psychology dumbed down a little at B Kip James' psychology from C+ to C- or D. He's just really bad... Petey Williams' psychology from B to C+ Shark Boy's psychology from B to C. Nigel McGuinness' charisma and acting needs upping. I've found him pretty good in RoH but that might be personal preference. I would have charisma at B or B- and Acting at B- Tiger Mask IV's personality needs to be set as selfish and perhaps manipulative Shinsuke Nakamura needs to be set as Middleweight. He's been bulking up in the US and is up to around 240lbs now from what I've heard I would set Wataru Inoue's, Shingo Takagi's and Kaz Hayashi's psychology from C+ to B- Minoru Suzuki's personality should be as Joker or Jackass depending on your viewpoint. I would personally set it as Jackass. Perhaps selfish too. Mitsuhara Misawa's personality should be set as politician or master politician and driven. Keiji Mutoh's personality should be set as politician and driven. CIMA should be set as Driven. I believe when this is set, workers become quite loyal to their current company and will often refuse contract offers from other companies. This pretty much describes CIMA. BxB Hulk needs to have US and Canada set as workable region for him. He will be working in the US soon on an excursion. In fact, I would set all the Dragon Gate workers as US and Canada workable since they will be running a sponsored US show soon.

Since both Ohio Valley Wrestling and Deep South Wrestling have their local television shows, maybe they should both have slightly better overness in their home region? From my experience, a promotion should generally have C- to C overness in whatever region their show is broadcast in to have a chance, and right now both OVW and DSW are set to F. Also: -TAJIRI's US overness might be a touch too high, seeing as how he hasn't wrestling on the big stage here for a good while (and he was a glorified jobber when he was here). -Same with Scott Hall. He'd still spark a good pop, but nothing like he used to. -Lita's US overness could use a slight bump. People love to boo her. -Taz(z) could use a bump in overness as well, as he's consistently on tv and still gets a pretty good recognition pop when used in non-commentating capacities. On that note, last night's ECW/WWE special might have been the most enjoyable wrestling show I've seen in a LONG time. Gives me hope for the ECW revival, if only because it's something new(ish).

JUNE 14th IT IS! I'M PSYCHED NOW, BRING ON THE PAIN! That being said, if I don't have the photos I need, I might have to delay anyway! So keep the pics coming in. Look at the BETA and guess at which workers likely do not have a pic and get one. People like Simon Inoki and some of the Joshi's as well as all workers from the lower Japanese promotions and all Japanese free agents! So there we have it, release is still June 14th, providing I have all photos and logos in place!

I'm cool with the game being released on whatever day you decide. I will be sending you my final update of MMA workers a little later tonight. I posted the relationships the other day, so they should be put into the game. Also, I totally disagree with Matt Hardy's Hardcore and such being upped because being in a TLC match 3 or 4 years ago doesn't mean anything should change. The same could be said about his psychology, because when was the last time, Hardy remotely worked on a leg, arm or for any matter did anything other then his standard 3 moves. I realize psychology is more then just that but he doesn't actually show any signs of it or being good at it at all. It should be about a C- at best.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]I'm cool with the game being released on whatever day you decide. I will be sending you my final update of MMA workers a little later tonight. I posted the relationships the other day, so they should be put into the game. Also, I totally disagree with Matt Hardy's Hardcore and such being upped because being in a TLC match 3 or 4 years ago doesn't mean anything should change. The same could be said about his psychology, because when was the last time, Hardy remotely worked on a leg, arm or for any matter did anything other then his standard 3 moves. I realize psychology is more then just that but he doesn't actually show any signs of it or being good at it at all. It should be about a C- at best.[/QUOTE] He seemed pretty good out of WWE, when he faced Christopher Daniels at the ROH event: Fate of an Angel. Matt Hardy doesn't really get much opportunity within WWE and is mostly squashed by whoever WWE wants pushed. Not really much opportunity to work on a body part when you have very very limited time for offense.

[QUOTE=S-kay]He seemed pretty good out of WWE, when he faced Christopher Daniels at the ROH event: Fate of an Angel. Matt Hardy doesn't really get much opportunity within WWE and is mostly squashed by whoever WWE wants pushed. Not really much opportunity to work on a body part when you have very very limited time for offense.[/QUOTE] Ok, I edited my comments after reading TCP's post!

Archived