TCP's Big Announcement Part 5: THE BETA V2.0

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SAT? Axl really screwed himself over by not getting the physical which would have cleared him to wrestle in any state. He should have also showed up at RAW on Monday. Or atleast called saying he couldn't make it. I also have heard that the rest of the ECW members (Sandman,Balls Mahoney etc) were really well behaved backstage.

Now I've proably have missed it, even though I try to make sure to read every post to know what is going on with the mod. But how is ECW going to be done? Since there are only two brands per promotion, you obviously can't make it a WWE brand. Even though if ECW is successful Vince's plan is to remerge Raw and Smackdown and promote it as WWE/ECW instead of Raw/Smackdown. But that wouldn't happen til the earliest after the summer.

[QUOTE=RikRaines]Now I've proably have missed it, even though I try to make sure to read every post to know what is going on with the mod. But how is ECW going to be done? Since there are only two brands per promotion, you obviously can't make it a WWE brand. Even though if ECW is successful Vince's plan is to remerge Raw and Smackdown and promote it as WWE/ECW instead of Raw/Smackdown. But that wouldn't happen til the earliest after the summer.[/QUOTE] Here is what I would do. Create ECW as a separate promotion owned by Linda McMahon (since Vince owns WWE and you can give her a PPA deal with the WWE which will turn into a written one once the game starts) with Paul Heyman as head booker. Then give them a working agreement with the WWE or make them a child fed. I think this is the best way to do the data because: 1. It's easier to delete a promotion then create one (for people wanting them as a brand). Yes you would have to edit the contract for each worker if playing them as a brand but it would be the same for people wanting them as a separate promotion. 2. If left as a brand a CPU controlled WWE will fire most of the ECW roster.

I've heard of this new Brood stable and rumor has it that it has been brought up because SciFi executives want the vampire stable, as they think it will appeal to their audience. What's a wrestling promotion doing on the SciFi Network anyway? The 'E must've been desperate to get a TV deal for ECW. Man, I hope they don't sign the SAT. Those guys suck so bad. I've never seen a match of theirs without 6 blown spots, contrived double team moves and a blatant lack of selling of any kind. Of course they might appeal to a lot of fans because they can do a buncha spots that look sort of cool, when they don't **** them up.

It's funny you mention that actually I read that they are going to do a few storylines aiming at the Sci Fi audience, I guess Paul "The Mad Scientist" Heyman is going to take on a whole new meaning:p Hey TCP, Is anyone doing celebrities for this, Rodman, Tyson etc. ? If not I'd love to help.

I'm doing a set of K-dojo pics. Don't think I'll be able to do them all because it's quite hard to find pictures of announcers and referees. However, what I did find out is that Hajime Ishikawa has retired from wrestling. So this may want to be ammended for your mod, TCP. [url]http://www.geocities.com/getrave3000/ishikawa.html[/url]

ECW owned by Linda McMahon? That doesn't sound right. I would up Tommy Dreamer's Booking ability, make Paul Heyman the owner, and Tommy Dreamer the head booker. Or we could harrass Adam Ryland until he makes a new patch where the owner can be head booker and actually want to keep both jobs (instead of instantly hiring a head booker). I vote that idea. As for the release date, I'm not really very happy with the idea of a mid-month release . . . Any which way, TCP1, I don't suppose you could continue updating from the release until July 1st and then release a second data set taking place in July? There is no need for any updating after that (I honestly can't stand the concept of continually updating data for extra releases, as it's just not necessary really as the wrestling scene only changes drastically maybe once a year anyway).

heres Some relationships i got out of Forever Hardcore DVD Raven/Sandman-Best Friends New Jack/Brother Ray-Hate New Jack/Brother Devon-Hate Terry Funk/Sabu-Strong Friendship Shane Douglas/Francine- Hate New Jack/RVD-Strong Friendship New Jack/Sandman-Strong Dislike Taz/New Jack-Strong Dislike Taz/Kid Kash-Strong Dislike Terry Funk/Tommy Dreamer-Best Friends New Jack/Paul Hayman-Strong Dislike New Jack/Vic Grimes-Hatred Mike Awesome/Kid Kash- Strong Friendship Mike Awesome/Joey Styles-Hatred

[QUOTE=XxFutureLegend112xX]heres Some relationships i got out of Forever Hardcore DVD New Jack/Vic Grimes-Hatred [/QUOTE] Is there any way to make it more than hatred? I mean New Jack admits, he was trying to kill him when he chunked him off that scaffold.... new jack, is crrrrrazy..........

[QUOTE=toddthebod]Has anyone else the going on's about PRIDE and HUSTLE and possibly Zero-One being in massive jeopardy of shutting down? Not sure if it was a rumor or not..[/QUOTE] Uhm... basically PRIDE, HUSTLE and Zero-1 all under the Dream Stage Entertainment (DSE) banner isn't in financial trouble yet. However, there are future concerns. Basically, PRIDE and HUSTLE lost their TV deal with Fuji TV and will they will never air anything related to them again. This is because Fuji TV claim that PRIDE is or is associated with a Yakuza intimidation company. Both PRIDE and to a lesser extent HUSTLE formed the spine of DSE and cover heavy costs to pay the talent they have. With the loss of their exposure on national TV and all the loss of face nationwide due to the scandal there are concerns for the future. However, do they not want to heavily cut costs as they don't want K-1 to jump ahead of them. With Zero-1, they've a rather low profit promotion getting by a little over breakeven, especially since Shinya Hashimoto passed away. A lot of their workers such as Ohtani and Tanaka also work in HUSTLE and that loss of exposure will also be a loss to Zero-1 since HUSTLE does garner mainstream attention on a regular basis. If PRIDE and HUSTLE fall, they may take Zero-1 with it.

Just finished doing the pics for Toryumon Japan. Noticed an error while doing that. Tatsuhito Senga and Banana Senga are the same person. His real name is Tatsuhito and the gimmick he uses is Banana Senga. Also, Amigo Suzuki is missing and he is one of the main players in Toryumon and has had exposure in the US via Chikara as well in the past. So I recommend adding him.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli]S Kay, have you checked the other thread to see if you have any of the japanese pics that TCP has listed?[/QUOTE] Ah, no. Didn't notice that the first post was updated. I'll get started on it now. I think some of them might be hard to get though.

About Nunzio/Little Guido: Joey Styles called him Guido on the special that aired a few days ago. He wrestled as Nunzio on Smackdown, but that was taped before the special aired, so should be counted as happening before it. I believe that he will be going by Little Guido in ECW.

Archived