Maybe this new version is just not for me. :0(

It really bothers me to type that title, but I am beginning to think that TEW 2020 is not for me and that's ok. It's my fault, not the game's. Let me start by saying, I have purchased and been playing these games since it's earliest incarnations many years ago (EWR, etc..) and purchased this version immediately. I am also OLD (in my mid 50's). I am not a "gamer". I love wrestling. My earliest memories are sitting in my grandmother's living room in the 70's and early 80's watching her yell at every heel that graced her small tv screen.

I am starting to realize that I have no desire to "Win" at this game. I just want to relive or rewrite history. I have these same problems with the cverse, but generally I love to play real world mods, especially early 80's. I guess I do want to grow my company, but even more importantly, I want to book guys that I loved watching over the years against each other. I want to create neat angles to set up big blow off matches. I want to set up feuds with guys that I remember seeing feud before and even more importantly set up feuds that never took place.

I play to take myself out of real life. I play to escape to a fantasy time of pretending that I can control a wrestling universe the way that I wanted it to unfold. I do not play to "win" at the game, but the more that I play this version the more I am reminded how I keep "losing". It is becoming very disheartening. I realize I am mostly playing Mods and not the cverse, but I played the same mods in past games and didn't have these problems. Again, the problem is not the "game", it's me. The game is being made to be more competitive against the AI and I have come to realize that I just don't really care about that. I just want to play at being a booker, owner, writer, etc in wrestling.

Changes in the new game makes it very difficult to have real life gimmicks work (IE: Andre enters my company as awful at being a Giant, Ivan Koloff being rated poor as an Evil Foreigner, Steve Austin is awful as a Bad Ass). It just seems so random and takes me out of the game.

Any game where Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair in the 80's gets a 63 match rating at a PPV is just not the game for me since I obviously do not know how to book well enough to get a higher rating. Using the same mod for the same match resulted in more realistic ratings in previous versions of TEW. I shouldn't care about the rating, but it just takes me out of the game.

When a Roddy Piper interview segment continues to bomb because I cannot figure out whether Randy Savage is better rated on "entertainer, microphone, star quality or overness" just makes me continue to think, "There is no way a Piper/ Savage interview should bomb in this game when it never bombed in any of the past versions of the game using the same mod.

The in game editor removing A LOT of editing possibilities in order to add more "difficulty" to the game is not the "in game editor" that I want Again, It's not the game, it's me. I am old and not competitively trying to outsmart the game. I just want to fantasy book wrestling.

Every step of this game seems to be saying to me, "We changed it to make it harder for you, so you can't beat the system." I don't want to "beat" anything. I just want to enjoy this game the way that I enjoyed every version in the past.

I am so excited about new game additions (more brands, playing as child companies, moving title belts and so many more), but I cannot enjoying those options when I feel like I am constantly being reminded at every turn in the game that I am not smart enough to play this game. I admit, it's me not the game so no need to flame this into a debate. I am just telling how I feel playing this version. I know there is a learning curve, but my playing time is limited and I am old. Obviously, the game has past me by. I have never been a competitive gamer who had to beat the next level. I am just a wrestling fan who has a hard time finding joy in a game that seems to have been made to make sure I am as competitive as possible. I don't want to compete against the AI. I don't care how much money other companies make. I just want to enjoy playing my game. I guess that's the real problem. It doesn't feel like this game wasn't made for me. I totally understand that, I just hate admitting to myself that I am being left behind. Oh well, my fault.

:0)

You can turn off a lot of the settings to play in sandbox mode and you can intentionally raise their stats in the edior.

Think Piper should be cutting Grade A promos? Raise his entertainment skills all to 95.

Gimmick effects can be turned off and ignored for the most part.

A lot of the issues seem to be based on the mod your using.

Not saying you can't feel the way you do, just trying to give you some workarounds you can use to play how you want.

Here's what you do, and this is what I do; stop caring about grades, and only play the game for yourself. The grades are how the virtual audience sees your match. Who cares about the fans that don't really exist. If you're having money problems, go to the editor and give yourself more.

Yes it's cheating. But it's that or giving up on the game. I'd rather cheat and enjoy a game them play a game and making it seem like a chore.

What I should of added to my post was that I had the same problem originally. I went into the mod I was using (1985) and modified all the data that best suited my game.

For example, I went into JCP and WWF and edited all the workers stats to my liking. I recommend doing the same. I was getting similar ratings until I made that change. I also did a massive edit with personalities as the transfer made everyone super negative.

Those are small changes. It does take awhile to get used to format/tools on how certain things are rated. In TEW 2016, a Hogan and Piper promo would often get 100's but in TEW2020, I average anywhere from 85-95 due to time restraints which I don't believe really existed.

I also had to modify my showtimes. Instead of a 2 hour show, I made my TV shows 2.5 so I could give more time to talent. While this is "gamey", I don't care.

That is my advice. I'm currently playing a 1985-to hopefully present game (currently in 88) and love how the game world has turned out. NJPW and AJPW are killing it and pushing the right people. AWA and Mid-South are doing really well (I will probably create some narratives for them to fail later on though).

Sigh...every single time anyone posts on any topic "I'm using a mod." there's only one response, and it's completely unhelpful. So, please stop.

There is no mod ever made in the history of TEW that would have any of those results the OP listed. Period. And a mod is just a different database. Some people I swear think there's an entirely different set of code in TEW that kicks in if you're using the CV. If Wrestler A has a Mic skill of 80 and has a promo argument with Wrestler B that has a Mic skill of 90, it doesn't matter whether that's in CV, a completely re-tooled for 2020 mod, or a freshly converted mod from 2016 (barring external factors like drugs).

And the OP made a few good points but left out a few as I've been feeling the same way as have a few people I've talked to. The game has reached a point of being a chore. Adam told someone in the tech support forum that developmental growth for wrestlers now takes years. Is that realistic? Absolutely. Exactly how many people actually play 5-year games? 10-year games? 20-year games? I'm talking play, not sim to some point in the future then start, or use auto-booker to book 80-90% of every show.

Every game developer has to make a choice when they're programming a game. How much of the game is going to be fun vs how much is going to be super-realism? 2020 has gone super-realism. That's what his core group of supporters wanted. They're tickled pink having to play for years to see a lot of wrestler pop growth. They love the new fed growth limiter. They love skills not improving a hell of a lot over a year. It's what they want in a game. Grind, grind, grind, grind, and grind some more. I could recommend a ton of survival games for these people to play that do the same thing. It's a viable game design choice.

However, I'd actually like to see my booking decisions matter. Right now, I can book all I want to short of one wrestler beating another one with higher pop, and I get 0 rewards. Great angles after great angles, and according to the game, they were giant wet farts since nobody gains a single pop from them ever. Anybody that is at 20 pop (the ceiling you get from just winning matches in 2020) is stuck there unless you destroy someone else above them. TV is evidently utterly worthless for wrestlers which is the most ahistorical game decision I've seen in a long time (fed pop gain seems better in 2020 which with the new system is actually counter-productive because you'll cease having Major Stars soon).

I just don't have the desire to book a year in the vain hope that any of my booking decisions will pay off or fight the completely obliterated developmental system where you essentially have to run a 2-player game if you have one, which now that developmental gains are severely nerfed why even bother. 2016 is still on my hard drive. It's actually FUN. I actually like about 80% of what Adam did with 2020. I just really miss the feeling of enjoyment from booting it up and knowing that if I had fun, I'd actually gain in the game too. I really do hope with every patch that things will be shifted more towards fun, but that light is dimming. It's just the decision Adam made with 2020, and you can't get upset with that. You just chalk it up to "This game series isn't for me anymore." and hope it is an aberration. After all, I've only missed 1 version of the game since EWR. It's by far the game I've played the most over nearly 2 decades.

Changes in the new game makes it very difficult to have real life gimmicks work (IE: Andre enters my company as awful at being a Giant, Ivan Koloff being rated poor as an Evil Foreigner, Steve Austin is awful as a Bad Ass). It just seems so random and takes me out of the game.

That's a mod issue. The gimmick rating can be set in the editor.

Any game where Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair in the 80's gets a 63 match rating at a PPV is just not the game for me since I obviously do not know how to book well enough to get a higher rating.

Presumably you got some penalties, which would be listed in red along with the rating. If you mention what those were, we can help you figure out what you're doing wrong.

I got a terrible rating for an AJ Styles vs Amazing Red ladder match and was really annoyed - turned out the mod maker had set the risk level for ladder matches too high given the product. It only took a slight adjustment to avoid the issue.

When a Roddy Piper interview segment continues to bomb because I cannot figure out whether Randy Savage is better rated on "entertainer, microphone, star quality or overness" just makes me continue to think, "There is no way a Piper/ Savage interview should bomb in this game when it never bombed in any of the past versions of the game using the same mod.

It bombed presumably because you chose star quality or overness. Don't choose those, and you'll be fine.

I have my own gripes with the game - I'm frustrated that so many fundamental issues were missed in testing, and I don't feel able to start a proper game given significant changes are still being made - but the issues above are very easily overcome.

It sounds to me that you don't understand perfect show theory. If you start a game with a high level small or medium company at least, with a good mod then you should be getting satisfying results in a year or less of game time. If I were you I'd go back and read through the entire developers journal again or the help faq. OR turn off a lot of the more challenging elements of the game to make it more like EWR.

If all of the other games were for you then trust me this one is as well. Don't be frustrated that you should be better at a game that you've been playing for over 20 years :D

Sigh...every single time anyone posts on any topic "I'm using a mod." there's only one response, and it's completely unhelpful. So, please stop.

There is no mod ever made in the history of TEW that would have any of those results the OP listed. Period. And a mod is just a different database. Some people I swear think there's an entirely different set of code in TEW that kicks in if you're using the CV. If Wrestler A has a Mic skill of 80 and has a promo argument with Wrestler B that has a Mic skill of 90, it doesn't matter whether that's in CV, a completely re-tooled for 2020 mod, or a freshly converted mod from 2016 (barring external factors like drugs).

And the OP made a few good points but left out a few as I've been feeling the same way as have a few people I've talked to. The game has reached a point of being a chore. Adam told someone in the tech support forum that developmental growth for wrestlers now takes years. Is that realistic? Absolutely. Exactly how many people actually play 5-year games? 10-year games? 20-year games? I'm talking play, not sim to some point in the future then start, or use auto-booker to book 80-90% of every show.

Every game developer has to make a choice when they're programming a game. How much of the game is going to be fun vs how much is going to be super-realism? 2020 has gone super-realism. That's what his core group of supporters wanted. They're tickled pink having to play for years to see a lot of wrestler pop growth. They love the new fed growth limiter. They love skills not improving a hell of a lot over a year. It's what they want in a game. Grind, grind, grind, grind, and grind some more. I could recommend a ton of survival games for these people to play that do the same thing. It's a viable game design choice.

However, I'd actually like to see my booking decisions matter. Right now, I can book all I want to short of one wrestler beating another one with higher pop, and I get 0 rewards. Great angles after great angles, and according to the game, they were giant wet farts since nobody gains a single pop from them ever. Anybody that is at 20 pop (the ceiling you get from just winning matches in 2020) is stuck there unless you destroy someone else above them. TV is evidently utterly worthless for wrestlers which is the most ahistorical game decision I've seen in a long time (fed pop gain seems better in 2020 which with the new system is actually counter-productive because you'll cease having Major Stars soon).

I just don't have the desire to book a year in the vain hope that any of my booking decisions will pay off or fight the completely obliterated developmental system where you essentially have to run a 2-player game if you have one, which now that developmental gains are severely nerfed why even bother. 2016 is still on my hard drive. It's actually FUN. I actually like about 80% of what Adam did with 2020. I just really miss the feeling of enjoyment from booting it up and knowing that if I had fun, I'd actually gain in the game too. I really do hope with every patch that things will be shifted more towards fun, but that light is dimming. It's just the decision Adam made with 2020, and you can't get upset with that. You just chalk it up to "This game series isn't for me anymore." and hope it is an aberration. After all, I've only missed 1 version of the game since EWR. It's by far the game I've played the most over nearly 2 decades.

No it hasn't. I want super realism. There is absolutely nothing realistic about TEW. People need to stop calling TEW challenging or realistic just because it isn't straight up fantasy the way they want it to be. This game isn't, hasn't, and will never be for the realistic or hardcore gamers and people need to stop pretending that's the case just because the game isn't for them.

I was very iffy at the start, but after playing the demo for a week or so I was wholeheartedly sold. It was a definite day-one buy. It's probably the most fun I've had thus far, and that's without my favorite mods being brought over to the new version yet!

It all depends on how you want to play it.

You obviously don't want to play it any where near 'realistically' so turn off all the penalties etc.

Personally I think its a bit boring if we could just book who we wanted against who without any challenge. The more and more added to the game to help realism makes it better for me.

but thatch what Adam seems to have taken on board and you can turn off all the 'realistic' effects.

If a database isn't set up properly it absolutely makes a difference. Not in the calculations itself obviously but if, for example, the two wrestlers from your example do a 15 minute promo in a promotion that uses a product entirely relying on matches will and should produce a segment that completely bombs. Granted, this would be an extreme oversight and won't be the case for most mods but there are so many smaller details that are often ignored, especially in conversions of older mods, stuff adds up.

When looking at TCs example, that might have played a role or not. The match was however likely set up in a way that didn't fit the product, which could be due to bad mod making or not. It might have been further hindered due to attributes, physical conditions of the wrestlers etc. This all could be due to oversights of the mod maker. Of course it also could be just bad booking by TC but I don't think you could mess up Steamboat vs Flair that badly.

No it hasn't. I want super realism. There is absolutely nothing realistic about TEW. People need to stop calling TEW challenging or realistic just because it isn't straight up fantasy the way they want it to be. This game isn't, hasn't, and will never be for the realistic or hardcore gamers and people need to stop pretending that's the case just because the game isn't for them.

I agree with you, I love this game, but still unbelievably easy. I think people have to realize that barring one angle or match some wrestlers in history just wouldn't have been as over as they are in real life.I usually subtract 10 from all skills when I play. Besides certain things that are true the game is a game after all and can be gamed for easy high scores

<p>I was in the same boat. At the end of a busy day, I just want to relax and fantasize about wrestling events. TEW 2020 is not perfect but tops all previous versions and other games for me as expected.</p><p> </p><p>

Once you get a grasp on which wrestlers to "exploit", it becomes less difficult. And sometimes the mods are just biased against your favorite wrestlers. You just have to choose a mod that fits your style of booking.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jon The GOAT" data-cite="Jon The GOAT" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No it hasn't. I want super realism. There is absolutely nothing realistic about TEW. People need to stop calling TEW challenging or realistic just because it isn't straight up fantasy the way they want it to be. This game isn't, hasn't, and will never be for the realistic or hardcore gamers and people need to stop pretending that's the case just because the game isn't for them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Indeed. It comes down to how you try to play the game. If you play it as a game, it's insanely easy - just pick a performance-based product and put together good workers, and you'll be unstoppable. it's obviously harder if you play it as a fantasy booker and are trying to put people over based on their character rather than their skills.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="radical" data-cite="radical" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If a database isn't set up properly it absolutely makes a difference. Not in the calculations itself obviously but if, for example, the two wrestlers from your example do a 15 minute promo in a promotion that uses a product entirely relying on matches will and should produce a segment that completely bombs. Granted, this would be an extreme oversight and won't be the case for most mods but there are so many smaller details that are often ignored, especially in conversions of older mods, stuff adds up.<p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep, all it takes is the wrong product or match setting to tank the rating even of good workers.</p><p> </p><p> Mod makers tend to have vastly different approaches to stats - particularly overness, which is at the heart of the ratings. If the numbers are out of whack, bizarre results will follow.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Donners" data-cite="Donners" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Indeed. It comes down to how you try to play the game. If you play it as a game, it's insanely easy - just pick a performance-based product and put together good workers, and you'll be unstoppable. <strong>it's obviously harder if you play it as a fantasy booker and are trying to put people over based on their character rather than their skills.</strong></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm getting more so in this mindset lately now. </p><p> </p><p> For BHOTWG, you can obviously push Keith & Helikaon to the moon but there's more fun in trying to play a more grounded realistic game and doing more long form storytelling. I like that Nakasawa/Horri are close to Kikkawa's records & Masuno is long overdue a (mediocre) reign. With TCW I could push Gauge to the moon but there's more interest to me in Bach finally getting his crown even though he could easily be surpassed by like 5-7 other guys on the roster skill wise. </p><p> </p><p> The game tends to focus you too much on the "growth" & "grade" mindset where it's all about consistent growth & getting high ass grades. Sometimes it's challenging to disentangle yourself from that. All that said, some people enjoy that and I certainly won't criticize them for it.</p>

<p>L</p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smartman" data-cite="smartman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sigh...every single time anyone posts on any topic "I'm using a mod." there's only one response, and it's completely unhelpful. So, please stop.<p> </p><p> There is no mod ever made in the history of TEW that would have any of those results the OP listed. Period. And a mod is just a different database. Some people I swear think there's an entirely different set of code in TEW that kicks in if you're using the CV. If Wrestler A has a Mic skill of 80 and has a promo argument with Wrestler B that has a Mic skill of 90, it doesn't matter whether that's in CV, a completely re-tooled for 2020 mod, or a freshly converted mod from 2016 (barring external factors like drugs).</p><p> </p><p> And the OP made a few good points but left out a few as I've been feeling the same way as have a few people I've talked to. The game has reached a point of being a chore. Adam told someone in the tech support forum that developmental growth for wrestlers now takes years. Is that realistic? Absolutely. Exactly how many people actually play 5-year games? 10-year games? 20-year games? I'm talking play, not sim to some point in the future then start, or use auto-booker to book 80-90% of every show.</p><p> </p><p> Every game developer has to make a choice when they're programming a game. How much of the game is going to be fun vs how much is going to be super-realism? 2020 has gone super-realism. That's what his core group of supporters wanted. They're tickled pink having to play for years to see a lot of wrestler pop growth. They love the new fed growth limiter. They love skills not improving a hell of a lot over a year. It's what they want in a game. Grind, grind, grind, grind, and grind some more. I could recommend a ton of survival games for these people to play that do the same thing. It's a viable game design choice.</p><p> </p><p> However, I'd actually like to see my booking decisions matter. Right now, I can book all I want to short of one wrestler beating another one with higher pop, and I get 0 rewards. Great angles after great angles, and according to the game, they were giant wet farts since nobody gains a single pop from them ever. Anybody that is at 20 pop (the ceiling you get from just winning matches in 2020) is stuck there unless you destroy someone else above them. TV is evidently utterly worthless for wrestlers which is the most ahistorical game decision I've seen in a long time (fed pop gain seems better in 2020 which with the new system is actually counter-productive because you'll cease having Major Stars soon).</p><p> </p><p> I just don't have the desire to book a year in the vain hope that any of my booking decisions will pay off or fight the completely obliterated developmental system where you essentially have to run a 2-player game if you have one, which now that developmental gains are severely nerfed why even bother. 2016 is still on my hard drive. It's actually FUN. I actually like about 80% of what Adam did with 2020. I just really miss the feeling of enjoyment from booting it up and knowing that if I had fun, I'd actually gain in the game too. I really do hope with every patch that things will be shifted more towards fun, but that light is dimming. It's just the decision Adam made with 2020, and you can't get upset with that. You just chalk it up to "This game series isn't for me anymore." and hope it is an aberration. After all, I've only missed 1 version of the game since EWR. It's by far the game I've played the most over nearly 2 decades.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When I read posts like this I wonder if I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I started as a tiny company and am now large, I have tons of people who have gotten over without sacrificing others. If anything I feel like once you have decent broadcasters it's too easy to get everyone over. I have people who are basically jobbers at 50-70 pop all over my roster.</p><p> </p><p> The only things that I can think of that might make a difference is that I have strict storylines off (I use storylines, but I'm too lazy to always have them going) and I'm a slightly performance over popularity company. </p><p> </p><p> As a specific example, I always make my user avatar to be the "workhorse" in tag teams with workers I think have real potential. My win/loss record is like 50-150 in my career, I have 60 charisma and star quality, and I'm 68 overal popularity. </p><p> </p><p> Momentum, momentum, momentum. Keep people in above average momentum and they get over. </p><p> </p><p> Personally my only complaint with this version that doesn't seem fixable by settings is that in the c-verse your backstage seems to always be 100% and nothing bad ever happens. I find this annoying as I really like dealing with backstage stuff, but it could be because the random user talents thing have me 8 leadership.</p>

<p>1. The things that upset you are things you can fix by editing the database of the mod you're using. Apparently the mod maker and you have different ideas. I had to fix AEW, Impact, and Broadcasters/Deals across the board to make one playable.</p><p> </p><p>

2. The things you "should" be mad about are clunkiness and lack of QoL such as not being able to use the mouse wheel to scroll when using the In-Game Manual, or in many of the screens, including in the "Toggle Roster".</p><p> </p><p>

3. I do agree with you that it was a very bad turn that, in Dungeons and Dragons terms, feels like "Game Master vs Player", regarding "making the game harder". It feels like those great single player games that get ruined when they're re-oriented toward multiplayer, with a sleugh of "balance changes" (nerfing everything, ending various playstyles, and keeping the heavy focus on "challenge" and "make it harder").</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

This game is still very early in development, so I am being patient. The things that bother me are QoL issues and when they come up, I run to the suggestions forums. I probably irritated the devs, so I've stopped for a while. I also know that they can't be expected to "fix everything" over the course of a few patches. But what I am seeing with each patch, and saw in TEW2016 and TEW2013 as well, is that the dev is committed to its success and has a lot of pride toward the product. The main issue I had was restrictive products - and next thing I knew, there's like 15 more products, and the No-Style Style is no truly an open style. I also don't believe any of my posts caused that, rather I believe the dev has a LOT of ideas, and is engaging a marathon, not a race.</p><p> </p><p>

So, I will be on board for the marathon like I was in TEW2016.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Lastly - </strong>you can turn almost all of the things off you dislike in Preferences or Options, and have the sandbox you want. I mostly play as intended except I use "soft caps" on natural growth instead of "hard caps" and removed pre-booking because I can't click-drag the pre-bookings onto the main booking screen. In your case, I believe "Natural Growth" caps are the reason for your lower scores, which limit segments to company size range, to prevent a "Small" size company from booming up to "Big" within 5 cards of a 100 rated main event. Turn off the natural growth. And maybe check the database to ensure the stats of the wrestlers is what you believe they should be?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marquisdepyro" data-cite="marquisdepyro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>L<p> </p><p> When I read posts like this I wonder if I'm playing a different game than everyone else. I started as a tiny company and am now large, I have tons of people who have gotten over without sacrificing others. If anything I feel like once you have decent broadcasters it's too easy to get everyone over. I have people who are basically jobbers at 50-70 pop all over my roster.</p><p> </p><p> The only things that I can think of that might make a difference is that I have strict storylines off (I use storylines, but I'm too lazy to always have them going) and I'm a slightly performance over popularity company. </p><p> </p><p> As a specific example, I always make my user avatar to be the "workhorse" in tag teams with workers I think have real potential. My win/loss record is like 50-150 in my career, I have 60 charisma and star quality, and I'm 68 overal popularity. </p><p> </p><p> Momentum, momentum, momentum. Keep people in above average momentum and they get over. </p><p> </p><p> Personally my only complaint with this version that doesn't seem fixable by settings is that in the c-verse your backstage seems to always be 100% and nothing bad ever happens. I find this annoying as I really like dealing with backstage stuff, but it could be because the random user talents thing have me 8 leadership.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> More or less generally agree with the premise of this post. I dont feel like I need to "try" with this game. </p><p> </p><p> And man backstage is such a nonfactor this year I dont even click on it anymore. It's always positive. Its a pointless feature this time. Even with 4 leadership/diplomacy its fine. I dont think Ive had a single negative backstage incident in TEW this year so much so Im not sure they even exist aside from the ones where your locker room leader deals with it.</p>

Me too. In 2 years I merely had one incident when Boriken Love Machine got in a Internet troll battle with a kid. I ignored and never heard from it again. Otherwise backstage is paradise.

There are very few "assholes" in the game world, who you "have to" pick up. Maybe that's the reason. Too few poisonous wrestlers. Well. Exept for my dojo, which seemingly only produce dorks. 75% of my regens have been difficult personalities so far.

As for the critical posts at the beginning. While I don't get the "overly realistic judgement", I do understand some of the criticism.

1. All regens seem to need years before reaching good stats. IMO it should be more of a mixture: LowGrads (some with still worldclass potential) and those who already start at a high level (but maybe don't develop much). In the real world there are plenty Lesnars, crossover athletes and 2nd Generationers who don't start low.

2. Right now it takes a bit too long to get workers in the lower mid card area as far as their pop goes. It would be more realistix, when basic popularity level happens quickly, and then becomes harder and harder. ATM I think it's too slow at the beginning (for a Large promotion: ~45) and too easy at the end (above 70).

I'd like it, when the cap wouldn't be the problem. The challenge should be, that only special booking successes increase pop beyond 70 (or more for wrestlers with good SQ).

Like big feuds. Big wins. Successful title reigns. Public appearences. Great gimmicks. Certain attributs. And so one.

The one thing that imo should NOT work is the "putting X over Y". I often use old/mid card workers to make my best talents famous. I don't find that realistic or interesting at all, to be honest.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Malioc" data-cite="Malioc" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>. Too few poisonous wrestlers. Well. Exept for my dojo, which seemingly only produce dorks. 75% of my regens have been difficult personalities so far.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not just your dojo - generated workers tend to have a quite high level of negative personalities. I've noticed this in the Effganic mod, which starts with an almost empty game world.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51141" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> 2. The things you "should" be mad about are clunkiness <strong>and lack of QoL</strong> such as not being able to use the mouse wheel to scroll when using the In-Game Manual, or in many of the screens, including in the "Toggle Roster".</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree that these were some of my biggest annoyances. Not being able to edit worker status in WMMA5 was probably my major gripe with that game (still a great game regardless, no question) and i truly hated that this came into play into the TEW series. Awful decision, imho. Much like the changes to sending workers and trainers to development. Little stuff like that really helped with the immersion. Yes, I can talk to a worker to try and get him out of retirement, but a lot of times they will say no. even with a lot of editing.</p><p> </p><p> I don't want to have to start a new game and have to change who i want to not be retired every time. Who even retires for good in wrestling or MMA anyway, bar a few exceptions? Stuff like that is annoying, the scrolling is annoying, the Qol parts are indeed in need of some love for patches. Hopefully sooner than later.</p><p> </p><p> THAT SAID, i also don't understand all the fuss about the game itself. Once you start playing and actually see how it goes, it's the best TEW of the entire series, imo. I think some people kept some grudges due to disliking the initial product that was presented in the beta and were not able to let go of those grudges. Once you skip those and play the game, it is very good. And maybe others don't like it because they don't, and they have that right. And others probably haven't gotten the hang of how to play it. Something i saw so many times in TEW 2016 and previous versions.</p><p> </p><p> Yet, due to how all of this happen, people took a defensive approach about the game and do not realize it is good, fun and a good way to spend many hours. I still hope for some more Qol, as any game, anything that exists, actually, has always room to improve, but it's a great game.</p><p> </p><p> As for the CV vs. RW mods...I like both. I do prefer RW, but I also have lots of fun with CV. The whole immediate response of "Oh, that happens because you are playing a RW mod." kinda needs to stop, yes. I'm not telling people to shut up or anything like that, but there are plenty good RW mods and TEW always had many. Sometimes it's just player's expectations or the fact they haven't mastered the game yet.</p><p> </p><p> I couldn't care less if every single worker or thing is realistic in a RW mod. For those I care, I edit. I would be fine with shaving Ric Flair's head and making him a gladiator. That's why it's a game. It's not reality. The whole "Oh i couldn't do this because it would never happen irl" just baffles me. 85% or more of the stuff that were in diaries years ago happened. Not even real life is realistic.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>TL, DR:</strong> The game is good. Not every real world is broken, the CV isn't perfect either. TEW 2020 is still the best way to pass time in the entire TEW series.</p>