rFIw3TS.jpg

5cuW9T5.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Rhys and you won't be familiar with any diaries from myself as this is my first one... It feels apt to give background on a few things before I throw myself into this.

As the title gives away this is a QAW based diary and I'm a huge fan of women's wrestling and I feel the 2020 CVerse is slightly lacking in that department. So with that in mind the diary will incorporate the global picture and I have gone in and meddled with a few features to stimulate a more vibrant scene-- such as balancing genders out of dojos and adding on the women's wrestling mod, yet to debut mod and so on. And I'll likely continue to make adjustments as we go.

I'm playing this diary as the grand avatar who is essentially a force unknown to the characters within the diary-- as far as they are concerned 'the grand avatar' is a rumour at best. I haven't quite figured out what my style/preference is in regards to doing this but I want things to feel fly as though you're tuning in live and unpredictable as the prediction winners will have chances to steer booking decisions.

Lastly, I am doing this because after years of being a TEW player and forum watcher I've been left with a fair bit of extra time on my hands recently (no prize as to who figures out why). This has always been something I wanted to have a go at and I've been a big fan of diaries on here such as The Climb and an NWA diary from a previous iteration which I can no longer find on the forums! I'm not a pro-writer by any stretch nor excellent booker but I want to experience this game with some human interaction and feedback (always welcome)-- So, welcome and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks to re-render efforts from the likes of King Bison, Shipshirt, Willr0ck, Reaper, JSilver and SMW-- they always reignite interest in wrestlers for me. Mods from Blake Trask, absolutelyridiculous, CPBHBK, Teh_showtime, creepergav, lavelleuk, brat99, wonk & Willr0ck (seriously that women’s mod saved the day)-- Basically, if there has been a mod cverse related that expands the women's scene in some capacity its in there (sorry if I missed anyone!). Lastly, thanks to The Historian and Dark_RaideR-- The Climb and your women's wrestling council diary, in particular RaideR's depiction of QAW, inspired me to try QAW in the first place [i have always gone for mixed promotions]. The aesthetic and booking may emulate the council diary ever so slightly in the opening months but those booking decisions were no brainers... but hopefully this is a worthy homage to it!

QAW Volume 1: Amazons is HERE if you want to read everything that happened in the first year in one go. Volume 2 begins around page 6 :)

Edited by Rhysrob
  • Like 1

Champions and roster page

QAW World Champion

PeTpSiO.jpg

86sny6U.jpg

Suzanne Brazzle [1st reign]

(Won at QAW Starshow 2021)

Previous Champions

Emma May (Jul 20 '20 - 23 Jan '21, 4 defences)

Alina America (Nov '19 - Jul '20, 4 defences) 2nd reign

Foxxy LaRue (Apr '19 - Nov '19) 3rd reign

Juana Hurricane (Sep '18 - Apr '19)

Jillian Jarvis (Jan '18 - Sep '18) 5th reign

Danielle Sweetheart (Feb '17 - Jan '18) 3rd reign

Alina America (May '16 - Feb '17)

Jillian Jarvis (Jul '15 - May '16) 4th reign

Foxxy LaRue (Dec '14 - Jul '15) 2nd reign

Jillian Jarvis (May '14 - Dec '14) 3rd reign

Danielle Sweetheart (Oct '13 - 'May 14)

Jillian Jarvis (Feb '13 - Oct '13) 2nd reign

Foxxy LaRue (Sep '12 - Feb '13)

Jillian Jarvis (Nov '11 - Sep '12)

Danielle Sweetheart (Jun '11 - Nov '11)

Miss Mexico (Aug '10 - Jun '11)

eKkpfKa.jpg

QAW Tag Team Champions

2qtkezS.jpg2qtkezS.jpg

aau0kzu.jpgbMS08Zm.jpg

Debbie Rose & Kate Lilly, 'Lilly & Rose' [1st reign]

Previous Champions

Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres (Jun '20 - Jan '23, 4 defences)

Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson (Jan '20 - Jun '20, 2 defences) 4th reign

Marie Punnen & Honey Badger (Sep '19 - Jan '20, 2 defences)

Ava Anderson & Lilly Snyder (Nov '18 - Sep '19) 3rd reign

Raquel Alvarado & Eve Runcord (Apr '18 - Nov '18)

Ava Anderson & Lilly Snyder (Oct '17 - Apr '18) 2nd reign

Houston Handley & Teresa Perez (Jan '17 - Oct '17) 2nd reign

Ava Anderson & Lilly Snyder (Mar '16 - Jan '17)

Toni Parissi & Juana Hurricane (May '15 - Mar '16) 3rd reign

Pamela Rojo & Hellcat Hernandez (Nov '14 - May '15) 2nd reign

Toni Parissi & Juana Hurracan (Apr '13 - Nov '14) 2nd reign

Pamela Rojo & Hellcat Hernandez (Nov '12 - Apr '13)

Madame Bat & Raquel Alvarado (Apr '12 - Nov '12)

Houston Handley & Teresa Perez (Nov '11 - Apr '12)

Toni Parissi & Juana Hurracan (Mar '11 - Nov '11)

eKkpfKa.jpg

QAW Shockwave Champion

IUMpMtb.jpg

oZsMxSe.jpg

Christy Higgins -- 1st reign

Previous Champions

Little Miss Perfect (Dec '19 - Jan '21, 5 defences)

Hellcat Hernandez (May '19 - Dec '19) 3rd reign

Pamela Rojo (Aug '18 - May '19)

Hellcat Hernandez (Feb '18 - Aug '18) 2nd reign

Emma May (Aug '17 - Feb '18) 2nd reign

Toni Parissi (Jan '17 - Aug '17) 2nd reign

Emma May (Mar '16 - Jan '17)

Raquel Alvarado (Sep '15 - Mar '16) 2nd reign

Alina America (Feb '15 - Sep '15) 3rd reign

Toni Parissi (Dec '14 - Feb '15)

Alina America (Aug '14 - Dec '14) 2nd reign

Purple Viper (Feb '14 - Aug '14)

Alexis Lee Littlefeather (Aug '14 - Feb '14)

Raquel Alvarado (Feb '13 - Aug '14)

Alina America (Jul '12 - Feb '13)

Maribel Mercado (Nov '11 - Jul '12)

Hellcat Hernandez (Mar '11 - Nov '11)

Madame Bat (Oct '10 - Mar '11)

eKkpfKa.jpg

QAW Queen of the Ring

w7T9YlL.jpg

CCOiapt.jpg

2020 winner and current reigning: Emma May

Previous Champions

2019 - Alina America

2018 - Juana Hurricane

2017 - Danielle Sweetheart 4th reign

2016 - Foxxy LaRue

2015 - Danielle Sweetheart 3rd reign

2014 - Danielle Sweetheart 2nd reign

2013 - Danielle Sweetheart

2012 - Miss Mexico

2011 - Jillian Jarvis

2010 - Pamela Rojo

eKkpfKa.jpg

Battlebowl Winner

w7T9YlL.jpg

Vx65cOV.jpg

2020 winner: Danielle Sweetheart

eKkpfKa.jpg

Trios Cup Winners:

w7T9YlL.jpgw7T9YlL.jpgw7T9YlL.jpg

wYxk6Nk.jpggolteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

2020 winners: Hellcat Hernandez, Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder

2020 STABLES YEAR IN REVIEW [Spoilers]

0pBYP1y.jpg

RONIN3

SuVbDw9.jpgvvKTBAf.jpgdDRR0op.jpg8fP1z6s.jpg

'The Ultimate Diva' Foxxy Larue, Toni 'New York' Parisi, Tameka Sky & Vinny Cruz

Ronin 3 are the long-running premier rudo threat in QAW [formed in 2013]. The original (and best) line-up was Jillian Jarvis, Toni Parissi, and Juana Hurricane, but while the members have changed, the stable's core belief in "win at all costs" remains the same. As well as an arbitrary rule of only having 3 members at a time [with managerial support from Vinny Cruz].

51FfDQM.jpgkYWJZHG.jpg

5 x QAW World Champion Jillian Jarvis & Juana Hurricane

The original line up ran into trouble at the start of 2018 when Jillian Jarvis defeated Danielle Sweetheart for her 5th QAW World Championship. After the match Jillian ordered Toni and Juana break Danielle's leg, to which Juana refused and was subsequently kicked out of the group and replaced by Becca Barton. However, Jillian wasn't about to leave Juana alone and made it her mission to destroy her.

ERZKkHI.jpg

1 x NOTBPW Womens Champion Becca Barton

Things reached a head at the Queen of the Ring tournament in July where Juana overcame the odds to reach the finals against Jillian. Many felt Juana had the odds against her until Alexis Lee Littlefeather and Sonnaz Shah appeared to even the odds-- forming the group 'Storm Front'. Juana won the tournament and got her full revenge by running Jillian Jarvis out of the company in a title vs career match by September.

Many believed this to be the end of Ronin3 until long time tecnico Foxxy Larue shocked the world by reforming the group around her in November. This new group began a reign of terror over QAW and Foxxy eventually captured the World Championship from Juana in April 2019. This triggered the formation of the 'The Line' who became a thorn in the side of Foxxy who became so distracted she lost her title to Alina America by the end of the year.

Going into 2020 things really intensified with The Line and Foxxy became increasingly convinced that QAW owner Farrah Hesketh was behind the groups formation. This conviction grew into paranoia and Foxxy targeted The Line's Ash Grover, who was also Farrah's protege. Foxxy made several nasty attacks about Ash's battles with alcoholism and began trying to push Farrah into a physical altercation which eventually succeeded.

objwqAE.jpg

QAW founder and owner Farrah Hesketh

Although Ronin3 lost the blow off match against The Line (with Foxxy taking the fall) at The Showdown, Foxxy was able to strike some sort of deal with Commissioner Bomb which resulted in Farrah being forced into a leave of absence. The full details remain unknown but it is alleged Foxxy made a damaging accusation against Farrah and Commissioner Bomb convinced Farrah to step away instead of potentially dragging QAW down with her.

After being eliminated in the first round during the Triosmania tournament Foxxy's paranoia exploded again and she inflicted a career ending injury to Becca Barton taking the membership back down to 2. Things were left to Vinny Cruz to find a replacement and just as things were looking bleak the 6'7 former Basketball player: Tameka Sky, offered her services.

Despite having a less than stellar 2020 the newest incarnation of Ronin3 look poised to dominate-- just how far will Foxxy Larue be go with Tameka Sky behind her? And how long will Toni stick by Foxxy?

idj2y9D.jpg

STORM FRONT

kYWJZHG.jpgO8GN48Y.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

Juana Hurricane, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah

Juana Hurricane shocked the world in 2018 when she left Ronin3. She then defied the odds and reached the finals of the QAW Queen of the Ring tournament where she was scheduled to face her ex Ronin3 running mate Jillian Jarvis.

Juana knew Ronin3 would do everything in their power to stop her; so she recruited popular mid-carder and ex Shockwave champion Alexis Lee Little, and promising rookie Sonnaz Shah, to form Storm Front. This proved to be a pivotal move as her new allies kept Toni Parisi and Becca Barton from interfering, and Juana won the tournament and later went on to win the QAW World Championship.

Quickly after vanquishing Jillian Jarvis, Foxxy Larue emerged as Ronin3's new leader and Storm Front feuded with them into early 2019 but were ultimately defeated when Foxxy took the World title from Juana in April.

Over the summer Storm Front started to clash with another new stable to QAW: The Clenched Fist. The straight laced ethos of Storm Front clashed with the vicious no-holds barred Clenched Fist and Juana struck up a heated rivalry with Hellcat Hernandez going into 2020. Things were even up until American Lucha when Hernandez defeated Alexis in a strap match and injured her post-match with a spike pile driver.

wYxk6Nk.jpg

Leader of The Clenched Fist Hellcat Hernandez

After Juana eliminated Hellcat from the Battlebowl they agreed to end their feud at The Showdown in a First Blood match which Juana won-- and forced an apology out of Hellcat to Alexis. This performance helped earn Juana a World Title opportunity but was unsuccessful.

In the run up to Triosmania, Sonnaz Shah suffered a leg injury at the hands of Little Miss Perfect & Christy Higgins. So, Danielle Sweetheart offered to repay an old debt to Juana and temporarily joined Storm Front for the tournament where they reached the semi-finals. Relations with Danielle remain friendly and she is considered an unofficial member of Storm Front at present.

Vx65cOV.jpg

'The Queen of Hearts' Danielle Sweetheart

Storm Front finished 2020 with an unsuccessful run at the QAW World Tag Championships [Juana & Alexis] but have largely kept in the win column. At Starshow 2021 they suffered a trios loss to Foxxy's reformed Ronin3 which must have stung Juana in particular.

The group has lasted longer than anybody anticipated, continuing long after the initial feud with Ronin3 had died down. But starting 2021 they are struggling to remain relevant-- Does Juana have what it takes to prove she wasn't a flash in the pan?

D1sh0dn.jpg

THE CLENCHED FIST

wYxk6Nk.jpgXZrO7tW.jpggolteCP.jpgvx1orto.jpgtwSkQZM.jpgMK1dmwu.jpgcY1P8He.jpg2iV405k.jpg

Hellcat Hernandez, Ava Anderson, Lily Snyder, Bossman Brayfield, Felicia Luck, Black Diamon, Danger Mushashibo & Unstoppable Tai

For the first 8 years of Hellcat's time with QAW she was, unbelievably, a tecnico and formed one half of the 'Anti-Establishment' tag team with Pamela Rojo [capturing the tag titles twice]. At the beginning of 2018 Hellcat finally turned rudo when she attacked Rojo after an unsuccessful title challenge. This new side of Hellcat launched her quickly to the Shockwave championship which she lost to Rojo in August 2018.

TtUc3j8.jpg

Hellcat's former 'Anti-Establishment' tag partner: Pamela Rojo

However, after the match The Experience [Lily & Ava] attacked Rojo and aligned themselves to Hellcat-- forming The Clenched Fist. Many speculate this was an attempt to replicate the success of Ronin3, which paid off, as the stable held both the World Tag Team and Shockwave titles for most of 2019. They also added talented newcomer Felicia Luck to their ranks.

The Clenched Fist started as a loose alliance with a distinct vicious streak but over 2020 has grown to resemble more of a gang with Hellcat as the leader. For the first half of 2020 Hellcat waged a war against Storm Front but lost the feud in a First Blood match against Juana Hurricane. The Experience quickly recaptured the World Tag Titles for a record 4th reign before dropping it to Las Amazonas in June.

After the Battlebowl Hellcat toured with 5SSW and made a lasting impression by establishing The Clenched Fist in Japan-- led by Unstoppable Tai. This has also paved the way for Tai, Black Diamond & Danger Mushashibo to join the QAW based group on a more regular basis. Rumour is at the start of 2021 the 'Birds of Prey' alliance of Fuyuko Higa, Shiori Jippenshi & Gemmei Oonishi joined the 5SSW chapter. Another unsubstantiated rumour is that The Clenched Fist has also cropped up in Australia.

2iV405k.jpgLyQSSRU.jpgd2RTj76.jpgLK2iTwe.jpgNWAS3Bo.jpg

The Clenched Fist Nihon: Unstoppable Tai, Toku Kijmuta, Fuyuko Higa, Shiori Jippensha & Gemmei Oonishi

The second half of 2020 saw Hellcat really come into her own as a wrestler and she alongside The Experience made history by winning the first Trios Cup as well as the 2nd ever World Summit match-- which culminated in The Clenched Fist ending the year with singles and tag world title shots. Albeit unsuccessful ones.

Going into 2021 Hellcat controls the largest stable in QAW with some excellent fighters in its ranks. But, many feel Hellcat's no BS leadership style is going to stand in the way of any true success. Which fuels rumours The Experience have been disconnected from the group and may be looking to split away. Also, what influence will the Japanese contingent have on Hellcat's ambitions?

By7OdGR.jpg

THE FURIES

CCOiapt.jpgLuFpAXm.jpgqTZmecP.jpg

Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen

Emma May exploded onto the scene in 2015 and enjoyed two reigns as Shockwave champion. However, things stalled in early 2018 and it would be fair to say Emma was in limbo. During this time new factions such as The Line, Storm Front and The Clenched Fist had formed, as well as a reinvigorated Ronin3, and Emma could see the landscape of QAW was changing around her. And without her.

So, she started scouting the independent scene looking for bad ass women who, like her, had an M.O. of no-nonsense violence; she found Honey Badger and Marie Punnen, and recommended them to Farrah Hesketh. The three women lay in wait eventually making there move towards the tail end of 2019 when Emma helped Marie & Honey, known as 'The Rage', to capture the QAW World Tag Team Championships.

ioKyjRi.jpg

"The Face Of QAW" Alina America

In return, The Rage protected Emma as she began targeting then World Champion and leader of Ronin3: Foxxy Larue, and earned herself a shot at The Three Way Dance event. However, Alina America was also gunning for the title and walked away that night champion. Not long later The Rage lost the titles back to The Experience but it was evident Emma no longer cared about their success. She was infuriated and began a one-woman campaign to defeat Alina-- over this period many felt Commissioner Bomb was throwing curve balls at Emma to intensify her anger [which it did].

Y6bqDw1.jpg

Commissioner Bomb

True to her word Emma cut a path to Alina and it was at Crowning the Queen that Emma defeated Alina for both the Queen of the Ring title and the QAW World Championship. From here on out The Rage become little more than an after thought to Emma as her confidence grew with each title defence, plus she was becoming known for putting on the best matches in the company and took on the mantle of 'World Class' Emma May.

86sny6U.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

Current QAW World Champion: Suzanne Brazzle & "Red Alert" Pamela Rojo

Perhaps it was this confidence that made Emma underestimate taking on Suzanne Brazzle and Pamela Rojo at Starshow 2021. When the leader of The Furies needed her team mates, they were no where to be seen and she was outmaneuvered by the Fallen Angels. Will Emma May be able to reclaim the title she feels she never lost?

iC0D8mt.jpg

THE LINE

1vrSRxE.pngSQGwtpT.jpgwUEml7c.jpg

Ash Grover, Houston Handley & Teresa Perez

If Ronin3 represent the ultimate rudo stable then The Line are the direct tecnico reflection.

"Texas Tough" Ashley Grover, the protege of QAW owner Farrah Hesketh was with QAW at its inception. She fit in well, working as a midcard rudo, but left by mutual consent in 2014 when it became known that she was having severe problems with alcoholism. Also present at the beginning was Beth “Houston” Handley, a tough-as-nails Texan and luchadora Teresa Perez. This duo quickly formed an excellent tag team ‘Tex-Mex’ who were the first tag team to dethrone Ronin3 in the tag division and had a notable feud with The Experience. But, have largely been solid mid-card talent for their QAW tenure.

objwqAE.jpg

QAW founder and Ash's mentor: Farrah Hesketh

Ashley went through rehab, reportedly paid for by Farrah, and returned in an emotional moment in 2019. Ashley, now going by ‘Ash’, formed The Line and made it clear they were explicitly there to stand as “the first of defence” against Ronin3 who had been embarking on a reign of terror. This first line of defence often looked like preventing Ronin3 from interfering in each other’s matches, providing back up to Ronin3 targets and generally doing good. On the flip side, you could also argue that they were constantly inserting themselves into business that didn’t necessarily involve them. At first, Foxxy Larue did not pay them much attention, simply finding them annoying but things came to a boiling point at The Three Way Dance 2019.

Foxxy aimed to regain her title from Alina America [and Emma May] in the main event. Wanting to protect the integrity of the main event The Line locked Foxxy’s teammates in their locker room. However, this allowed Emma May’s stablemates in The Furies to interfere, which didn’t go to plan anyway, but Alina America took advantage of the confusion and scored the victory. This was an affront Foxxy could not forgive and The Line became firmly in her sites going into 2020.

This vendetta against The Line also grew into increasing paranoia that Farrah was behind the group particularly as Ash was seemingly leading the charge. Foxxy made several nasty attacks about Ash’s alcoholism and regularly goaded Farrah into physical altercations. The two stables collided at The Showdown in an excellent No DQ trios match with Farrah as the special referee and Ash solidified her return by pinning Foxxy. This catapulted Ash up the card and she competed in the prestigious Queen of the Ring tournament, where she put on the match of the night. As a result she was rewarded with her first World Championship match, which she lost [but again put in a star making performance].

SuVbDw9.jpg

'The Ultimate Diva' Foxxy Larue

As Ronin3 regrouped they were not finished with Farrah or The Line; Foxxy was able to strike some sort of deal with Commissioner Bomb which resulted in Farrah being forced into a leave of absence. The full details remain unknown but it is alleged Foxxy made a damaging accusation against Farrah and Commissioner Bomb convinced Farrah to step away instead of potentially dragging QAW down with her. Without Farrah around The Line has been noticeably absent from QAW programming but have been racking up wins in dark matches and performing well.

Will the The Line be able to find their footing without Farrah? And how will they measure up to the numerous rudo stables now operating in QAW?

4pNHlca.jpg

FALLEN ANGELS

86sny6U.jpgaau0kzu.jpgbMS08Zm.jpgoZsMxSe.jpgXMPDftb.jpg

Suzanne Brazzle, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Christy Higgins & Joanne Rodriguez

For 21 years the Angel Athletic Association was the major women's wrestling promotion in all of North America with many legends held its top title; including Joanne Rodriguez, Sara Marie York, Belle Bryden, Jaime Quine, and even QAW founder Farrah Hesketh.

I0LPxOC.jpgERLGm3J.jpgbgM3FBD.jpg

USPW stars: Sara Marie York, Belle Bryden & Jaime Quine

The Canadian wrestler Cherry Bomb was one of AAA's mainstays between 2003 to 2007, before leaving them to become one of the founding members of USPW's new women's division. After a good eight year run with USPW Cherry returned 'home' to AAA in 2015 and became head booker shortly after. Unfortunately, AAA folded in 2017 and it's talented roster was largely displaced across the independent scene for many years. Despite announcing her retirement from in-ring competition after AAA when out of business, the following year Bomb turned up in QAW, this time playing the role of 'Commissioner Bomb'.

Y6bqDw1.jpg

Commissioner Bomb

Bomb made a quick impression on QAW as an unpredictable and manipulative authority figure, which was a departure from Hesketh's approach. However, it kept the product fresh and its rosters on its toes. And for the most part Hesketh kept out the way and allowed Bomb to do her thing.

At the start of 2020 former AAA talent began showing up in QAW on a more regular basis, which made sense as the now leading women's promotion in North America. The veteran team of Lilly & Rose made an immediate impact in the tag division and had warm relations with the champions Las Amazonas, Christy Higgins aligned herself to Shockwave champion Little Miss Perfect, Suzanne Brazzle befriended main event presence Pamela Rojo and JRO replaced Hesketh on commentary.

The Fallen Angels made their move at Starshow 2021 and captured every QAW championship in one night. What are their intentions? And who else belongs to their alliance?

Edited by Rhysrob

rFIw3TS.jpg

QAW Starshow 2020

Date: Fri W3 Jan 2020

Attendance: 476

Dark match: Ashley Keith def Alexis Lee Littefeather via submission in 11:42 [38]

sipJKl5.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

Garcia: Hola lucha fans! My name is Alfonso Garcia and it is my pleasure to welcome you to QAW Starshow 2020! Joining me at the commentary table tonight is the Jill-of-all-trades Farrah Hesketh. Farrah I don’t know about you but I can feel the electricity in the air for tonight’s event!

Hesketh: Everyone here is buzzing for tonight's lightning in a bottle lineup with every single QAW Championship on the line!

Garcia: Last month’s Three Way Dance event had many shocking twists and turns- and returns! I’m of course talking about ‘The Queen of Hearts’ Danielle Sweetheart who surprised us all by returning early from a suspected broken arm suffered at the hands of Emma May. She certainly saved World Champion Alina America from a similar fate...!

Hesketh: Danielle represents the best of us and you know she couldn’t sit by and watch Emma derail another person’s career with an injury. Commissioner Bomb told me she had something in store for Sweetheart this evening. I wonder if it has anything to do with our main event: Alina America v Emma May for the QAW World Title?

Singles Match

TdYJhEN.jpgyEIo5KV.pngkL8gG60.jpg

Darkness Cat vs Raquel Alvarado

The opening contest saw two QAW veterans take each other on in a fast paced bout. Most of the match was Darkness Cat attempting flurries of high flying offence only for Raquel to shut it down and take things to the mat yelling “this is a wrestling match!” which really began to agitate the crowd. Cat struggled to rally the crowd as Raquel was drawing the heat towards her (perhaps unintentionally but her crowd interaction was that good).

At the 11 minute mark Raquel got too engrossed jaw jacking with someone in the front row and leant through the ropes challenging them to get in the ring. This momentary distraction allowed Darkness Cat to nail Raquel in the face with a 619 for the 3 count.

Darkness Cat climbed the turnbuckle and motioned for the title around her waist to the audience mouthing “Shockwave!” as a disgusted Raquel looked on.

Winner: Darkness Cat via pinfall 11:39

[35]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

TtUc3j8.jpgyEIo5KV.pngjemHvcg.jpg

Pamela Rojo vs Millie The Minx

This match was Rojo’s to win and the audience knew it. The opening minutes saw Rojo assert her power game over Millie with several displays of strength tossing her around the ring with ease. After the 3rd hair beal Millie cried for a time out and begged Pamela for mercy much to the crowd’s amusement and only making the “Rojo’s gonna kill you!” chant louder. Pamela took mercy and helped Millie to her feet who repaid the gesture with a kick to the mid-section. Big mistake.

Pamela no-sold the kick and stared at the spot where the kick connected eventually bringing her gaze back up to Millie, who was already backing away apologizing. Pamela grabbed Millie by the hair as she turned to escape the ring and hoisted her up and turned her inside out with a Running Powerbomb [‘The Rojo Alert’].

Winner: Pamela Rojo via pinfall 08:03

[33]

Garcia: It’s nice to see Pamela back to doing what she does best and the QAW fans agree with me! The loss at Three Way Dance to Little Miss Perfect is clearly a thing of the past.

Hesketh: I spoke with Pamela earlier today and she said it is time she stepped out of Hellcat Hernandez’s shadow, who has been a thorn in her side ever since the demise of their tag team years ago, and forged a new path! I couldn’t agree more as I think Pamela is world championship material.  

eKkpfKa.jpg

Danielle Sweetheart comes out to thunderous applause and a chorus of “WELCOME BACK!” from the crowd. She soaks it in and enters the ring with a microphone in hand (which is still noticeably taped up under her street clothes)...

Vx65cOV.jpg

Danielle: QAW is my home and being forced away from it, from you the fans, and from the sport that I love was some of the most difficult months of my career. Wrestling isn’t ballet and injuries are going to happen but only the lowest of the low set out to purposely injure their opponent. Emma, you really did your best to take me out for good 4 months ago but you made the single biggest mistake: you didn’t keep me down!

[With this statement Danielle dropped the mic and tore the tape off her hand and forearm to the crowd’s delight]

Danielle: Emma, you’re lucky I’m not medically cleared to compete tonight because I owe you one. But I didn’t want to sit out Starshow on my backside so I asked The Bomb to put me to work. So you’re looking at the guest referee for tonight’s World Title match!

Garcia: Looks like your prediction was right Farrah! You have to wonder whether Danielle can call this one down the middle though?

Hesketh: I believe she can! Danielle Sweetheart greatest strength is that she is a true professional and places high expectations on everyone in QAW to represent the company with honour. Sadly it is also her greatest flaw because not everyone in the locker rooms wants to play by that code.

[31]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

wYxk6Nk.jpgtwSkQZM.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

kYWJZHG.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

Hellcat Hernandez & Felicia Luck [Clenched Fist] vs Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah [stormfront]

In recent months stable leaders Hellcat Hernandez and Juana Hurricane have had numerous pull apart brawls.

The rookie Shah has shown great skill at technical wrestling and would have been able to out-wrestle her opponent but Hellcat got in her head and Shah was off her game. Shah spent most of the match in peril at the hands of the Clenched Fist members who worked her over in their corner exchanging quick tags and taking time to trash talk Juana who was getting more agitated on the ring apron.

The finish came when Felicia whipped Shah into the corner and took a little too long taunting Juana and ran straight into Shah’s elbow. Felicia shook it off and charged in again but this time ate a boot for her troubles and staggered into the centre of the ring. Shah pulled herself along the ropes and dodged Felicia for a 3rd time who went crashing out the ring through the middle rope. Juana had her hand outstretched for the tag but as Shah dived for it Hellcat pulled her down and threw her head first into the barricade. As the referee admonished Hellcat they didn’t notice Black Diamond slide into the ring and clock Shah in the back of the head. Hellcat tossed Luck into the ring who covered Shah for the 3-count.

MK1dmwu.jpg

Winners: Hellcat Hernandez & Felicia Luck via pinfall in 10:27

[38]

Garcia: Who is that?--

Hesketh: She is Black Diamond, Alfonso. A fantastic young prospect that I invited here to see how she liked the place. I didn’t realise she was already running with Hellcat…

Garcia: Looks like she does like the place Farrah! She just likes it better without Juana

Hurricane and Sonnaz Shah.

eKkpfKa.jpg

Trios Match

RAYmWVO.jpgpzCKefQ.jpgKVTmboI.jpg w/ 8fP1z6s.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

Ylovj6V.jpgk1PuN0x.jpgSQGwtpT.jpg

Foxxy Larue, Toni Parisi & Becca Barton [Ronin3] vs Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley [The Line]

The next match was the first ever trios match between The Line and Ronin who have been warring factions over the last 6 months. Notably Foxxy left most of the skirmishes to Toni and Becca as she was solely focussed on defending her world title. However, since losing the title in November, and failing to recapture it at The Three Way Dance Foxxy’s ire has turned full throttle onto the plucky trio.

The match was never going to be a fair fight and Ronin regularly took shortcuts with the rulebook. The majority of the match played out as a tag match as the two established tag teams continued their feud. Foxxy seemed content watching the action and Ash made quick tags in the corner. Although The Line had no clear leader Ash was often the mouth piece of the group and had some strong criticism of Foxxy recently.

This point wasn’t forgotten by Larue who sprung into action and entered the ring the moment Ash tagged in for another double team and clotheslined Ash and Teresa from behind. This gave Toni an opening to tag her in properly and Foxxy set to work isolating Ash away from her corner and lay on an ass whooping quickly ending the match with a Flash Headkick (Running Big Boot) which Ash took square on the chin.

Winners: Ronin3 via pinfall 13:11

[46]

Garcia: Oh my God! Is Ash okay?! She’ll be eating through a straw for the next month after that kick.

Hesketh: Foxxy clearly has had enough with The Line being a thorn in her side. If I was Ash Grover I’d pick my words carefully going forward!

Garcia: Hey Farrah is it me or is Foxxy staring right at you?

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

QAW Shockwave Championship

IUMpMtb.jpg

s4knF2k.jpgyEIo5KV.pngOXZa5PY.jpg

Little Miss Perfect © vs Modesty Pador

Many have said Little Miss Perfect (LMP) ‘stole’ the Shockwave title last month when she swooped in on a downed Pamela Rojo. If you ask LMP she’ll tell you it was a perfectly executed win.

Tonight she was out to prove just that again and successfully defend her newly won title against fellow QAW rookie Modesty Pador, who has strung together a handful of impressive looking wins recently. Despite being billed as a rookie LMP is in-fact a 5 year veteran and former title holder in AAA, but her reinvention as QAW’s resident headache has seen that played down as she works a more entertainer style playing to the crowd and often cheating her way to a win.

It certainly worked and the crowd absolutely loathed LMP and were firmly placed behind Modesty. The two appeared evenly matched and Modesty showed some proficient strikes but ultimately it wasn’t enough and LMP poked Modesty in the eye when the referee wasn’t looking and struck with the Newtons Cradle (A snap swinging neck-breaker into a bridge pin).

Winner: Little Miss Perfect via pinfall 11:39

[31]

[Defences: 1]

eKkpfKa.jpg

vx1orto.jpg

Garcia: She may be annoying but Little Miss Perfect gets results!

Hesketh: Ah it looks like we’re being joined by Bossman Brayfield! That must mean the tag team championship match is ready to take place!

Brayfield: You're damn right! Tonight a great wrong is going to be righted and my girls, 'The Experience', the greatest tag team QAW has ever seen are going to regain their titles from those two brats 'The Rage'!

Hesketh: I'm sure the champions will have something to say about that as well as the other tag teams in the match: San Diego Girls and Las Amazonas!

Brayfield: San Diego-who? And Las Amazonas... Don't get me started on those two!

Four Corner Tag Team Match

QAW World Tag Team Championship

2qtkezS.jpg2qtkezS.jpg

WT0DRzW.jpgqTZmecP.jpgyEIo5KV.png

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpgyEIo5KV.png

TrbGhYF.jpg3aK35oI.jpgyEIo5KV.png

Jx41iYM.jpga4zbi8b.jpg

The Rage [Honey Badger & Marie Punnen] © vs The Experience [Lily Synder & Ava Anderson] vs The San Diego Girls [izzy Quick & Coco Malloy vs Las Amazonas [Mariana Tores & Pinky Perez]

The Rage surprised the world when they captured the titles from The Experience in September, which many put down to The Experience being weakened after their war against Las Amazonas over the summer and accepted the match without thinking. The new champs have proven themselves to be fighting champions having successfully defended the titles twice since against local enhancement talents. This is their first real test against more established teams.

The match was really a showcase for The Experience and Las Amazonas who set the standard for tag team wrestling in QAW in 2019 and all four had some excellent technical exchanges with multiple counters demonstrating that they were all very familiar with each other, but The Rage were on hand to disrupt the sequences before they got too good, which aggravated the crowd towards them. The San Diego Girls played their part well and got some flashy spots in against the Experience but were never able to keep momentum going long enough to make a real impact.

The final moments of the match saw Izzy Quick Moonsault from the top rope to the outside wiping out Las Amazonas, Honey Badger, and her own partner Coco. This allowed Lily to make a blind tag on Ava as she hit the ropes towards Marie Punnen ducking a spinning heel kick and launched through the ropes into the remaining competitors who just picked themselves up after Quick’s moonsault. Lily hit a bewildered Marie with a Cut-Throat Saito Suplex folding the kick boxer in half and claimed the titles.

Winners and NEW Tag Team Champions: Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson 'The Experience' via pinfall 13:31

[37]

Brayfield: YEEEEE-HAAWWWW! That's what I'm talking about! Did you see that?! 4-time champions: The Experience! What did I tell you?!

Garcia: You told us a wrong would be righted today!

Brayfield: Exactly boy. Now let me make another bold prediction, The Experience will have the greatest tag team championship reign QAW has ever seen and I will ask Commissioner Bomb to source me the best the WORLD has to offer in terms of opponents because lets face it the teams here just aren't up to scratch! Now excuse me I have to go celebrate!

Hesketh: I don't know about that, QAW has some excellent tag teams but I'm always keen to see new blood here...

eKkpfKa.jpg

Emma May makes her way to the ring for the main event with a mic in hand forgoing her usual entrance routine and calls for her music to be stopped...

CCOiapt.jpgVx65cOV.jpg

Emma: Are you freaking kidding me!?

[She gestures towards Danielle Sweetheart who is already in the ring in referee stripes] 

Danielle: Come on Emma I’ll call the match down the middle! I just want to make sure you don’t take out another QAW competitor in cold blood. 

Emma: You were right earlier when you said that what we do isn’t ballet. Wrestling is violence. I live and breathe violence. Violence is what puts food on my table and helps me sleep at night. When I step in that ring with you I’m looking to end you and Sweetheart you aren’t cut out for someone like me. You think that I owe you some sort of moral code!? I owe you shit!

[Emma climbs up onto the apron eyes locked on Danielle who remains in the centre of the ring with her arms crossed holding the withering look with equal amounts of disdain. After what feels like an eternity the music of Commissioner Bomb’s music hits]

Y6bqDw1.jpg

Commissioner Bomb: Oh Emma I like you! No seriously I do… Buuuut, I do have a business to run and I really can’t have you going around breaking the merchandise... When Danielle suggested being guest referee I was a little reluctant but I can never say no to a little mischief and it might put a fire under your butt to actually win the big one at last. So how about you quit complaining, get in the ring, and prove to us all why you’re the top fighter around here--? Or I’ll forfeit your match and fine you a months wages!

Emma: You are--

[Emma’s mic cut off and Alina America’s music flooded the area as the World Champion came out the curtain full of energy and to a chorus of cheers from the crowd, slightly louder than the support Danielle had received moments earlier] 

Garcia: 2019 was truly a coming out year for Emma May who has introduced an array of dangerous submissions and can now seemingly end a match targeting any body part.

Hesketh: Don't forget that Alina is a fantastic wrestler and someone you should be 100% focused on if you want any chance of walking away with the win. 

Garcia: Alina may not thank Danielle for stealing the spotlight-a-go-go though…

[53]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

QAW World Championship

PeTpSiO.jpg

PHERurZ.jpgyEIo5KV.pngCCOiapt.jpg

Alina America © vs Emma May

The match started with a feeling out process and Alina displayed great technical proficiency  going hold for hold on the mat with Emma and the two exchanged a series of roll ups which Danielle counted fairly. Alina scored a victory roll at the 5 minute mark and almost got the 3 count causing Emma to roll out the ring before Alina could continue her offence.

Emma berated Danielle for a fast count from ringside but Danielle simply began counting her out. Emma broke the count a couple of times before a frustrated Alina gave chase around the ring and back inside-- Alina feinted sliding in the ring which drew Emma towards her and allowed her to trip a leg and drag her back outside the ring where she continued the attack. The close quarters at ringside favoured Emma though and she ducked a high kick from Alina who connected with the ring post instead and cried out in agony causing Danielle to exit the ring and check on her.

This irritated Emma who barged Dani out the way and stomped away at the leg until Danielle broke it up. The two exchanged heated words and Danielle threatened to DQ Emma if she touched her again. Both competitors re-entered the ring and circled each other mirroring the start of the match but Alina now had a limp which was blood in the water for Emma. The match then became a game of cat and mouse with Alina playing defence and avoiding the relentless attack on her left leg and endured a particularly nasty looking dragon screw which caused Alina to retreat into the corner with Emma in hot pursuit pelting Alina with strikes. This triggered Danielle to begin 5 counts but on 4 decided to pull Emma away instead of finishing. Emma shrugged it off initially and went back to work causing Danielle to pull her away more aggressively.

Emma: What the hell are you doing?!

Danielle: I warned you to keep it clean and you’re hitting the 5 count!

Emma shoved Danielle to the ground and turned back to Alina who had hoisted herself to the top rope and surprised her with cross body block for a 2 count. Alina grabbed at her knee as Emma rose to her feet but instead turned her attention back to Danielle in disbelief she made a count against her and the two pressed foreheads in the middle of ring seemingly on the verge of tearing each other apart. 

Alina rallied to her feet and took advantage of the distraction with a Southern Lights Bomb for the 3-count, although Emma kicked out a fraction of a second after the final count.

Winner: Alina America via pinfall 17:57

[47]

[Defences: 2]

Garcia: Was that a 3?!

Hesketh: Yea—Yeah It was! Danielle has called for the bell! That was a very close call Alfonso.

Garcia: What a battle though! It looks like Alina can hardly stand right now. I don’t think you can deny that Danielle played a factor in tonight’s match.

Show rating: 46

Edited by Rhysrob

rFIw3TS.jpg

Y6bqDw1.jpg

[Airing on QAW.com]

Cherry: QAW faithful what a show Starshow 2020 turned out to be! Alina America retained the QAW World Championship in an absolute war against Emma May, who just can’t seem to win that big one! Danielle Sweetheart did a sterling job of refereeing that match I think but some birdies are saying Dani saved Alina from a crippling defeat. What do you think at home?

The QAW World Tag Titles changed hands as The Rage lost out in a fatal four way to The Experience who are now in their 4th reign. Boss Man Brayfield spoke to me after Starshow about the importance of quality opponents for his clients so with that in mind the budding friendship between QAW’s top stars, Alina America and Danielle Sweetheart, will be on full display at our next show San Antonio Invasion when they team up in the main event against the newly crowned tag team champions: Ava Anderson and Lily Snyder! And yes, the titles WILL be on the line!

Speaking of tag team wrestling, as a former tag team champion myself with the prestigious AAA promotion, Brayfield’s words stung about the quality of tag team wrestling in my promotion so I’ve gone one step further. Starting at San Antonio Invasion an 8-team tournament will take place to crown new number 1 contender’s for the tag titles. I’ve spoken to 5* in Japan, CILL and OLLIE in Mexico and called a couple of old friends to come here to QAW and test their skills against our own crop of tremendous teams. The brackets will be revealed on QAW’s website this evening, happy now Brayfield?

So where does this leave the former champions, The Rage? Where does it leave Emma May? Well, the Furies stable have an opportunity to get back on track again in a trios match against 3 women who came out of Starshow looking very strong going into 2020: Pamela Rojo, Darkness Cat and Modesty Pador. And last but not least I want to see Juana Hurricane redeem herself and actually get in the ring this time! She’ll be leading her Storm Front comrades against The Clenched Fist contingent of Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck and the debuting Black Diamond.

San Antonio Invasion Card

QAW World Tag Team Championship: Alina America & Danielle Sweetheart vs Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder [The Experience]

Trios Match: Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck & Black Diamond [Clenched Fist] vs Juana Hurricane, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah [storm Front]

Trios Match: Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies] vs Pamela Rojo, Darkness Cat & Modesty Pador

Round one of the number one contender tag tournament:

Tag Match: Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte [The Uprising] vs Izzy Quick & Coco Malloy [san Diego Girls]

Tag Match: Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres [Las Amazonas] vs Unstoppable Tai & Toku Kijmuta [TermiNation]

Tag Match: Houston Handley & Teresa Perez [Las Amazonas] vs Toni Parisi & Becca Barton [Payback Inc.]

Tag Match: Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose [Lilly & Rose] vs Queen Amazon & Purple Viper

eKkpfKa.jpg

5cuW9T5.jpg

The first show went off without a hitch! Everyone performed well and wasn’t dinged anywhere with poor chemistry-- except-- between Foxxy and Vinny who didn’t gel in the managerial space. I can work through this though as Foxxy doesn’t necessarily need a manager and Vinny can concentrate on Becca & Toni.

I decided to take Brayfield out of the commentary booth for now as I wanted a simple two person team for the time being purely because it was easier to write and the first show needed exposition that doesn’t need heel commentary just yet. Plus it is an interesting touch for The Experience tag team who are really all-ring when it comes to appeal currently, this adds a flair to their matches. It was a no brainer to put the tag titles on them out the gate as The Rage duo just don’t have the ability to put on the matches I’m looking for in the tag division yet and it doesn’t make sense to build Emma up towards the world title but her cronies have already captured gold… Plus the tag division is a little stark truthfully so narratively it should be with the strongest team whilst the division builds itself around them.

Alina went over Emma in a great first encounter! I have a soft spot for Emma, thanks to the render, and I think I’d be drawn to what she has to offer in real life. But it isn’t her time just yet, particularly when Alina is so fresh into her reign and Danielle has unfinished business with her. Alina/Danielle are great heel foils and are the top of QAW for the forseeable. It would be good to bring Foxxy into the equation but she is battling The Line which is a puzzling starting storyline as Foxxy is so out of the other’s league and whilst I’m okay scrapping things out the gate [i.e. The Rage holding gold] I do have a limit… So for now Foxxy is strapped into that storyline. Unless fan support guides me elsewhere...

Prediction contest: (Winner influences Crowning the Queen PPV

;))

Alina America & Danielle Sweetheart vs Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder [The Experience]

Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck & Black Diamond [Clenched Fist] vs Juana Hurricane, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah [storm Front]

Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies] vs Pamela Rojo, Darkness Cat & Modesty Pador

Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte [The Uprising] vs Izzy Quick & Coco Malloy [san Diego Girls]

Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres [Las Amazonas] vs Unstoppable Tai & Toku Kijmuta [TermiNation]

Houston Handley & Teresa Perez [Las Amazonas] vs Toni Parisi & Becca Barton [Payback Inc.]

Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose [Lilly & Rose] vs Queen Amazon & Purple Viper

Edited by Rhysrob

Alina America & Danielle Sweetheart vs Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder [The Experience]

Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck & Black Diamond [Clenched Fist] vs Juana Hurricane, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah [storm Front]

Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies] vs Pamela Rojo, Darkness Cat & Modesty Pador

Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte [The Uprising] vs Izzy Quick & Coco Malloy [san Diego Girls]

Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres [Las Amazonas] vs Unstoppable Tai & Toku Kijmuta [TermiNation]

Houston Handley & Teresa Perez [Tex-Mex] vs Toni Parisi & Becca Barton [Payback Inc.]

<p>Prediction contest: (Winner influences Crowning the Queen PPV )</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alina America & Danielle Sweetheart</strong> vs Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder [The Experience]</p><p>

Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck & Black Diamond [Clenched Fist] vs <strong>Juana Hurricane, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah [storm Front]</strong></p><p>

Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies] vs <strong>Pamela Rojo, Darkness Cat & Modesty Pador</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Round one of the number one contender tag tournament:</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte [The Uprising]</strong> vs Izzy Quick & Coco Malloy [san Diego Girls]</p><p>

Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres [Las Amazonas] vs <strong>Unstoppable Tai & Toku Kijmuta [TermiNation]</strong></p><p>

<strong>Houston Handley & Teresa Perez [Tex-Mex]</strong> vs Toni Parisi & Becca Barton [Payback Inc.]</p><p>

Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose [Lilly & Rose] vs <strong>Queen Amazon & Purple Viper</strong></p>

Houston Handley & Teresa Perez [Las Amazonas] vs Toni Parisi & Becca Barton [Payback Inc.]

rFIw3TS.jpg

San Antonio Invasion

Date: Fri W3 Feb 2020

Attendance: 415

Dark match: Ashley Keith & Little Miss Perfect def Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx via submission in 10:15 [44]

sipJKl5.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

Alfonso Garcia & Farrah Hesketh

Garcia: Hola lucha fans and welcome to the San Antonio Invasion coming to you from… well you guessed it: San Antonio! My name is Alfonso Garcia and by my side, as ever, the multi-talented Farrah Hesketh. We’ve got an excellent line-up of trios and tag team goodness tonight with the opening round of the Tag Title Number One Contender Tournament.

Hesketh: Commissioner Bomb has assembled formidable teams from our own backyard and across the globe, and I’m hoping some of them stick around!

Garcia: I don’t know if the Champions agree with that, a birdy told me that they caused a scene backstage at their manager Bossman Brayfield!

Hesketh: Not only do they have numerous new potential challengers but an immediate threat to their reign facing the World Champion Alina America and, Danielle Sweetheart, in tonight’s main event!

eKkpfKa.jpg

Alina and Danielle burst through the curtain and stride to the ring rallying the crowd as they go. Neither woman has any visible injury to note although the keen eyed viewer would notice Alina wince slightly as she steps through the ropes. QAW’s new resident interviewer: Dharma Gregg positions herself between the two stars mic in hand...

Vx65cOV.jpgijLCoLi.jpgPHERurZ.jpg

Danielle Sweetheart, Dharma Gregg & Alina America

Dharma: Alina America, congratulations on defending the QAW World Championship against Emma May in a hard hitting match. How are you feeling, has your knee recovered?

Alina: I just want to say it is great being back in San Antonio for this event, the fans here are always so good to me! [Alina pauses allowing the cheap pop to soak in]... My knee is fine though, thanks for asking.

Dharma: I’m sure your adoring fans are relieved to hear that! So, what do you say to the opinions going around that Danielle’s role as special guest referee was the deciding factor in your victory?

[Dharma’s question hangs in the air between Alina and Danielle causing the crowd to hush]

Alina: If you watched the match you can see Danielle called it down the middle. I won that match on my own merit!

Dharma: Emma May tweeted after the match that Danielle and yourself plotted to have her inserted as the guest referee. Are you saying this wasn’t the case?

Alina: The suggestion that I need Danielle to help me defeat Emma May is laughable. I found out about Dani like everyone else did. And if I’m being honest... I didn’t really appreciate the added complication.

[The crowd ‘Ohhh’s’ on cue after Alina’s final statement and Dharma awkwardly turns to Danielle who shrugs off the comment with a smile]

Dharma: Well we’ve heard from the champion. Danielle, why did you feel the need to get involved in the main event?

Danielle: When I spoke to the Commissioner I didn’t set out to 'screw' anyone over. Emma May almost broke my arm so she and I have unfinished business. I just wanted to make sure Emma didn't do the same to Alina, like she almost did at 'The Three Way Dance... You're welcome by the way, Alina.

[The crowd ‘Ohhh’s’ again slightly louder this time as Dharma spins back to Alina seemingly sensing a story and gleefully jabs the mic in her direction]

Alina: You want me to say thank you?

Danielle: It wouldn’t hurt. 

Alina: Thank you, Danielle.

Danielle: You’re welcome! Tonight we have a chance to capture the QAW World Tag Team Championships, something which has eluded both of us so far, so lets move on and focus on The Experience. And if we win we’ll be seeing much more of each other…

Alina: I’m looking forward to it.

[The two women are almost nose to nose by the end of the segment and finish with a handshake]

Garcia:  I’m getting word we’re ready for our opening contest which is a first round match in the Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament. The legendary tag team: Lilly & Rose are in action against the equally legendary Queen Amazon and a familiar face: Purple Viper!

Hesketh: The amount of talent in the ring next is off the charts! Lilly & Rose are up there with the greats in terms of putting tag team wrestling on the map. Their opponents aren’t a regular tag team but Queen Amazon and Purple Viper are no slouches in the ring!

[42]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

Number One Contender Tag Tournament

bMS08Zm.jpgaau0kzu.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

1tfTcb7.jpgkbNrObO.jpg

Lilly & Rose [Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose] v Queen Amazon & Purple Viper

The opening match was an absolute barn burner full of high flying action and great spots primarily revolving around Amazon’s strength and her opponents tag team offence trying to wear her down. Despite this being Lilly & Rose’s first time in a QAW ring the highly decorated AAA tag team were given a warm welcome from the fans in attendance and they played to the crowd enthusiastically.

This was juxtaposed with Amazon’s stoic nature and Viper constantly attempting to cheat. The OLLIE tandem gave as good as they got and showed excellent chemistry as tag team partners but Lilly & Rose hit their finisher ‘The Thorn’ (Double Impaler DDT) on Queen Amazon and it was over.

Winners: Lilly & Rose via pinfall in 14:26

[47]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

SBli9KZ.jpgXwH8IOt.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

3aK35oI.jpgTrbGhYF.jpg

The Uprising [Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte] v San Diego Girls [izzy Quick & Coco Malloy]

The Uprising looked every bit the established, well travelled, tag team walking to the ring with the prestigious 5SSW Tag Team Championships and matching satin jackets. Whereas the San Diego Girls just looked happy to be there.

The 5SSW touring schedule was doing wonders for The Uprising tandem getting increased reps in the ring together and looked very in sync. The crowd deemed them arrogant though and got behind the home team allowing Coco and Izzy to feed off the energy and hang in the match much longer than they had any business doing so. Around the 10 minute mark Talia knocked Izzy off the apron, grabbed Coco Malloy and hoisted her into the air for a flapjack where Selina intercepted the falling Malloy with a cutter (‘The Rising Tide’) and punched their way to the next round.

Winners: The Uprising via pinfall in 10:29

[36]

Hesketh: The Uprising just represented 5 Star Supreme Wrestling with honour and if they are able to claim the QAW belts you could argue their names are in contention for the greatest women’s tag team of all time.

Garcia: Speaking of the 5SSW tag titles the former title holders are here tonight: TermiNation. Farrah these two women are absolute specimens! Toku is as mean as they come and Unstoppable Tai is 6’2! I think they might be my favourites to win the whole thing.

Hesketh: Don’t discount their opponents Las Amazonas, Alfonso! Both women are highly decorated south of the border and since coming to QAW have proven themselves to be a formidable tag team too…

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

LTpYB6M.jpgWnWwpLP.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

a4zbi8b.jpgJx41iYM.jpg

TermiNation [unstoppable Tai & Toku Kijmuta] v Las Amazonas [Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres]

To describe Unstoppable Tai as a ‘beast’ is an understatement and the audience were awe-struck by her. Her tag team partner, Toku, is a well known bruiser in Japan but next to Tai she looked much less imposing.

If the luchadora pairing of Pinky Perez and Mariana Torres were nervous they didn’t show it and stood their ground in the ring. Las Amazonas (and the audience) quickly discovered that either opponent could over power them so stuck to a hit and run strategy which really threw the Japanese pairing off their game. A frustrated Tai overshot a double clothesline and the luchadoras pulled down the top rope causing the giant to go crashing out the ring. Backed into a corner Toku came out swinging without a plan and the more experienced Pinky Perez caught her with a dropkick to the mouth and heaved her up into a ‘Pink Butterfly (power) Bomb’ and Mariana added her weight to the pin to ensure Toku stayed down.

Winners: Las Amazonas via pinfall in 13:44

[47]

Hesketh: Looks like you need to reassess your top pick Alfonso.

Garcia: I said they might be favourite to win Farrah! I’m behind Las Amazonas all the way baby!

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

KVTmboI.jpgpzCKefQ.jpg

w/ RAYmWVO.jpg8fP1z6s.jpgyEIo5KV.png

SQGwtpT.jpgk1PuN0x.jpg w/ Ylovj6V.jpg

Payback Inc. [Toni Parisi & Becca Barton] v Tex-Mex [Houson Handley & Teresa Perez]

This match was a very personal affair as the teams have traded wins throughout 2019. The two teams put on a solid match which had many call backs to their previous encounters with quick tags and double team moves. The crowd were firmly planted behind the Tex-Mex duo and were rallying behind Teresa who had been caught in a sleeper hold by Becca for around a minute. Ash led the chants for Teresa and she began to fight out of the hold. The keen eyed viewer would have spotted Foxxy whisper something to Vinny who proceeded to get up on the ring apron flailing his arms causing Ash and the referee to confront him.

With the referee thoroughly distracted Foxxy slipped into the ring and hit Teresa’s hard with a Flash Headkick. Becca tagged out to Toni and then ran across the ring to hold Houston back in the corner, allowing Toni to pick the bones and hit Teresa with her own Swinging Neck Breaker for good measure. Their devious distraction complete Vinny dropped from the ring and continued to jaw jack with Ash but the referee returned to their duty just in time to see Teresa get snapped to the ground by Toni with a thud and made the 3 count.

Winners: Payback Inc. Via pinfall in 12:10

[44]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Foxxy orders her stable mates to rid the ring of Tex-Mex as she beckons for a mic. After watching Teresa and Houston take it in turns to be unceremoniously dumped from the ring Foxxy removes her shades and turns her gaze to the announce table...

RAYmWVO.jpg

Foxxy: I have been thinking to myself ever since Thanksgiving Thunder why does Houston Handley, Teresa Perez and Ash Grover, of all people, have such a sudden interest in me? Why are they SO worried about what I’m doing? These three losers are running around calling themselves ‘The Line’ purely to derail me? To cost me the QAW World Championship? That is a fact America! But why? I’ll tell you why! Because Farrah Hesketh has a problem with me...

[During Foxxy’s promo, as if by magic, The Line gathers near the announce table with Tex-Mex hanging onto Ash Grover for support looking a little worse for wear. At the mention of her name Farrah stands up and removes her headset looking bewildered by Foxxy’s statement]

Foxxy: Farrah-- you are sticking your nose into business which doesn’t concern you any more. I'm sure it's hard having to sit there with your bum knee watching talented women, like myself, compete... I’ve heard your commentary and I know a jealous bitch’s bark when I hear it. Watching me succeed and perform at a level you could never dream of even on your best days, must have killed you deep down. So I guess you called Middle Earth and gathered up these Hobbits: ‘Dinky, Donkey and… Drinky’, to butt into my business! Well you--

[Foxxy has to ditch her tirade as Ash, Teresa and Houston dive into the ring causing the Ronin3 faction to scatter and recollect in front of the entrance curtain. Ash Grover is visibly close to tears and is being held back the Tex-Mex duo who are trying to calm her down]

Foxxy: You got what you wished for Hesketh. My full undivided attention on you and your girls!

[44]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Garcia: I’m lost for words! Farrah I’m so--

Hesketh: Alfonso please! I’ve been in this business long enough to withstand a bit of heat. Foxxy is really scraping the barrel of excuses as to why she lost the World Title, and failed to regain it, by blaming me. I just think she crossed the line tonight with Ash and the fans by bringing up Ash’s past like that.

Garcia: Fox must have an end game in mind, aren't you at all worried?

Hesketh: I can see we’re being joined by the Shockwave Champion now so the next match must be ready to go!

s4knF2k.jpg

Little Miss Perfect

Trios Match

CCOiapt.jpgWT0DRzW.jpgqTZmecP.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

TtUc3j8.jpgTdYJhEN.jpgOXZa5PY.jpg

The Furies [Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen] v Pamela Rojo, Darkness Cat & Modesty Pador

The Shockwave Champion Little Miss Perfect, joined the announce desk as the makeshift trio of Rojo, Cat and Pador were all leading contenders for her title and LMP used her air time to disparage her rivals Instagram accounts and lack of TikTok presence.

The Furies were all business following their losses last month and Emma May was clearly directing her teams strategy and the trio stuck to their MMA influence relying on mat wrestling and striking to wear their opponents down. If Emma was the captain of her trio then Pamelo Rojo was her counterpart and was seemingly most immune to The Furies plan of attack as she was on par, even superior in some cases, with their grappling and strikes.

Darkness Cat countered The Furies with high flying offence knowing to stick and run, often relying on tagging out to Rojo to re-establish balance. It was Modesty Pador who was most likely to succumb to The Furies’ advance and Marie Punnen employed her kick boxing strikes to great effect hitting a flurry of kicks to Modesty’s right shoulder to which she had no answer. Emma May tagged in and cut the ring in half. Modesty sensed danger and tried to charge the corner but Emma caught her in a judo throw and locked in a cross-arm breaker for the quick tap-out win.

Emma holds onto Modesty’s arm after the bell and the referee struggles to break the hold. The save comes from a chair wielding Pamela Rojo who swings it wildly at The Furies who scurry up the aisle and through the curtains to the backstage area. Modesty is left cradling her arm as an irate Pamela checks on her and LMP applauds the attack from the announce table.

Winners: The Furies via submission 14:54

[31]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Trios Match

wYxk6Nk.jpgtwSkQZM.jpgMK1dmwu.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

kYWJZHG.jpgO8GN48Y.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

Clenched Fist [Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck & Black Diamond] v Storm Front [Juana Hurricane, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah]

The ongoing rivalry between Hellcat Hernandez and Juana Hurricane continues this time in trios action. Hurricane alongside the technical wrestling prodigy Sonnaz Shah and the veteran Alexis Lee Littlefeather. Hernandez flanked by Felicia Luck and the debuting Black Diamond.

Last months loss was fresh on Juana’s mind as she made a point of starting the match for her team and challenged Hernandez to do the same but received Black Diamond instead, who was out to make an impression. The two entered a feeling out process and Diamond showed off her athleticism by cartwheeling free from a waist lock and kipping up out of a head scissors. Juana applauded the youngster but proceeded to adapt to the youngsters flashy offence and began tying her in knots on the mat. Diamond struggled with Juana and eventually escaped to her corner and tagged in Hernandez.

The two leaders clashed in the middle of the ring and the wrestling descended into something more resembling a fight highlighted by Hernandez landing a closed fist strike when the referee was distracted by Felicia. Hellcat was unable to take advantage though and Alexis tagged in and more than held her own and she and Sonnaz worked well together whilst Juana recovered from the straight punch to the nose. The ending came when Felicia sent Alexis into the ropes and Hellcat, who had removed her belt, lashed the belt at Alexis’ back as she hit the ropes. The belt didn’t quite connect but the sound was distraction enough to cause Alexis to stop herself and take a swing at Hellcat who dropped to the floor.

Felicia was waiting with a roundhouse kick but Alexis was too savvy and ducked it as she turned around, ran the ropes near her corner allowing Juana to make a blind tag, ducked Felicia again (this time dodging a wild clothesline) and hit a suicide dive onto Hernandez who was waving the belt around with her back to the action. Juana got a double leg take down on Felicia and had her tapping to the 'Time-Square Lock' [Cloverleaf] in seconds.

Winners: Storm Front via submission in 11:59

[33]

Garcia: That Time-Square Lock looks so painful!

Hesketh: Trust me Alfonso that move doesn’t tickle! A nice measure of revenge for Juana but something tells me this isn’t over.

eKkpfKa.jpg 

vx1orto.jpg

Bossman Brayfield

Garcia: (Ah here comes Brayfield)... Bossman Brayfield, you asked for world class competition for your clients and Commissioner Bomb came through, how are you feeling about your clients first title defence?

Brayfield: Don’t get smart with me! I bumped into a giant 6’2 woman from Japan with a face tattoo in catering earlier… Commissioner Bomb took my words and twisted them purposely scouring the globe to find the most dangerous competition she could--

Hesketh: – Isn’t that what you wanted though?

Garcia: And are you saying The Experience can’t defeat these teams?

Brayfield: No I’m not saying that! I am saying Commissioner Bomb could benefit from some diplomacy lessons. On top of that Alina America and Danielle Sweetheart, two people who have not tagged in years, are first in line for a shot? No this will not do.

Tag Match

QAW World Tag Team Championship

2qtkezS.jpg2qtkezS.jpg

PHERurZ.jpgVx65cOV.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

Alina America & Danielle Sweetheart vs The Experience [Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson]©

The two teams didn’t quite see eye to eye ideologically but had no real qualm with one another so the start of the match began with some classic tag team wrestling. Each pairing got a chance to face off with one another and show off their technical prowess smoothly transitioning from hold to hold and displaying innovative counters.

The Experience lived up to their namesake and their proficiency at tag wrestling began to creep them in front as they were noticeably tagging more frequently and scoring more double teams. At the halfway point Ava reverse irish whipped Alina into one of the free corners with the intention of following up with a corner splash. A split second before Alina hit the corner she used the ropes to hoist her body into the air causing the pursuing Ava to crash into the turnbuckle with nobody home.

The normally nimble champion came back down to the mat just behind Ava but on landing her knee appeared to give out. The referee checked on Alina who attempted to brush it off but it was too late and The Experience now had a target as Ava came out the corner with a chop block to the back of the knee and The Experience went to work. The match was now reminiscent of last month’s main event as Alina found herself on defence again but unlike Emma May The Experience opted to work the knee through impact moves, even body slamming Alina legs first into the ropes on numerous occasions.

It was clear Alina was being worn down and Danielle did a masterful job working the crowd to urge Alina on for the hot tag. The Experience did their part cutting off the ring and keeping the pressure on Alina but even the best make mistakes and that’s what happened. Ava spent just a little too long playing to the crowd whilst setting Alina up for a suplex giving Alina time to catch her breath and hit a desperation chin breaker leaving both women crumpled next to each other. They began the slow crawl to their respective corners for the tag and Danielle came in hot with drops kick to Lily (now legal) and battered Lily with snap suplexes, backdrops and a flying headscissors to the delight of the crowd. Alina having had a few minutes now to recover, perhaps unwisely, called for the tag which Danielle reluctantly agreed to. This led into the final moments of the match as Ava pulled Danielle off the ring apron and began brawling with her promptly drawing the referees attention. Out of nowhere Emma May slid into the ring and clocked Alina with the World Title in the back of the head with such force it sent her to the outside. Emma ducked out the ring and took cover as Lily Snyder alerted the referee to make the 10 count.

CCOiapt.jpg

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5…!”

As Danielle realised what was happening she tried to assist but Ava had a vice like grip around one of her legs and was unable to pull herself away.

“6, 7, 8, 9…!”

Alina got to her feet with a glassy eyed expression. As the count reached 9 she appeared to be on the cusp of heaving herself back into the ring but instead clutched the back of her head again having a visible dizzy spell and she slumped to the ground.

“10! Ring the bell!”

Winners: The Experience via Count-Out 17:35

[48]

[Defences: 1]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Brayfield: And that is how you do it! The Experience have defeated the QAW World Champion!

Hesketh: With a little assist from Emma May!

Brayfield: What assist? I didn’t see anything.

[The Experience celebrate in the ring with Bossman Brayfield as Danielle staggers over to Alina unaware Emma May is stalking behind her. As Danielle crouches down Emma May pounces and drives Danielle head first into the ring post. The Experience look to be considering joining in but Brayfield ushers them out of the ring. Emma May picks Alina up and throws her into the ring...]

PHERurZ.jpgVx65cOV.jpgCCOiapt.jpgWT0DRzW.jpgqTZmecP.jpg

Garcia: I don’t like where this is going Farrah! Emma has that look on her face!

Hesketh: That look she gets when she is about to seriously injure someone you mean? Honey Badger and Marie Punnen have just entered the ring as well! This is turning into a mugging, I think we need security out here now!

[The Rage lift a prone Alina up by the arms and hold her up as Emma begins to leisurely take jabs at Alina’s abdomen. The crowd is in an irate frenzy by now and Emma squeezes Alina’s head in her hands shouting obscenities at her which are just out of ear shot from the cameras. Emma trips Alina to the ground and locks in a knee bar as Danielle attempts to make the save but is met by The Rage who cut her off upon entry with a flurry of stomps. Both women appear done for and without friends until the music of Pamela Rojo hits the speakers]

TtUc3j8.jpg

Garcia: Its Pamela Rojo!

Hesketh: Pamela is charging towards the ring with a chair Alfonso!

Garcia: Chair shot to Honey! Chair shot to Marie! Swing and a miss for Emma though…!

Hesketh: I don’t mean to sound bias but that’s a shame…!

Garcia: It looks like Alina and Danielle have a friend to even the score now Farrah.

Hesketh: It certainly looks that way! That is bound to have implications for next months show and if you ask me its about time the odds were evened against The Furies!

Garcia: That’s all the time we have for tonight folks. Thanks for tuning in and we’ll see you next month at America Lucha for more QAW action-a-go-go!

[35]

Show rating: 46

Edited by Rhysrob

rFIw3TS.jpg

Y6bqDw1.jpg

[Airing on QAW.com]

Cherry: QAW faithful we've notched another road trip to San Antonio and I hope you enjoyed the ride!

When Bossman Brayfield criticized the state of my tag team division I have to say I was little... upset. But I more than met Brayfield's lofty expectations for his precious clients with the number one contender tournament featuring some of the best teams from around the globe! At our next event American Lucha the semi finals will commence with the 5SSW Tag Champions: The Uprising, taking on our CILL contingent: Las Amazonas. On the other side of the bracket, the legendary Lilly & Rose will meet Payback Inc. I know I should be backing the home teams but The Uprising and Lilly & Rose would make an excellent final!

I suppose I can't talk about the Number One Contenders Tournament without mentioning the champions: The Experience. Ladies, Congratulations on your first title defence! Beating the world champion and Danielle Sweetheart is no small feat and I particularly enjoyed the impromptu appearances from Pamela Rojo and The Furies. Emma May, that belt shot to the back of Alina's head looked like it hurt... And, fortunately for me didn't leave her with a concussion! Seeing as everyone is just dying to get involved in each other's business I thought I'd just throw you in the ring together for American Lucha's main event: The Furies will take on the team of: Alina America, Danielle Sweetheart and Pamela Rojo! With traditional lucha rules!

Now I don't normally buy into conspiracy theories but I think Foxxy Larue made some good points at San Antonio Invasion. Personally I've never trusted do-gooders and if you ask me The Line and Farrah Hesketh fit the bill. Thank you Foxxy for being brave and speaking your truth, I hope that you continue to seek justice! And last but not least, after Storm Front defeated Clenched Fist Alexis Lee Littlefeather came to my office and demanded a match against Hellcat Hernandez... I asked 'why?' and she said she was sick and tired of Hellcat's antics with the belt and wanted to put an end to it. I suggested she was much better off giving Hellcat a taste of her own medicine and I'd be happy to prescribe the perfect remedy... So, Hellcat come and collect your prescription next month from Alexis in a strap match! Ouch! I'm looking forward to it already...

American Lucha card:

Trios Match: Alina America, Pamela Rojo & Danielle Sweetheart v Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies]

Tag Match: The Uprising v Las Amazonas

Tag Match: Payback Inc v Lilly & Rose

Strap match: Hellcat Hernandez v Alexis Lee Littlefeather

Shockwave championship: Little Miss Perfect v Darkness Cat

Trios Match: Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley [The Line] v Queen Amazon, Purple Viper & Millie the Minx

eKkpfKa.jpg

Prediction contest: Winner gets to schedule a disruption event in 2021.

The last round was won by KyTeran with 7/7 and they have locked in the 2020 Queen of The Ring tournament winner.

Edited by Rhysrob

<p><strong>Alina America, Pamela Rojo & Danielle Sweetheart</strong> v Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies]</p><p> </p><p>

Semi-finals: The Uprising v<strong> Las Amazonas</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Semi-finals: Payback Inc v <strong>Lilly & Rose</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Strap match: <strong>Hellcat Hernandez</strong> v Alexis Lee Littlefeather</p><p> </p><p>

Shockwave championship: <strong>Little Miss Perfect</strong> v Darkness Cat</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley [The Line]</strong> v Queen Amazon, Purple Viper & Millie the Minx</p>

Y6bqDw1.jpgobjwqAE.jpgbnVuNsd.jpg

Farrah Hesketh and Sherie Guthrie sit in a booth in a dimly lit, near empty dive bar knocking back beers as they pour over notes containing booking plans, finances and creative ideas for their company: Queens of American Wrestling. 

Sherry lifted up her beer in search of something lost amongst the records of the company deconstructed before her. With a heavy sigh she drained the last of the beer and placed it in a new spot as if marking a new search area. “We’re going to have to upgrade our technology here at QAW enterprises one day, Farrah” Sherie said.

Farrah smiled and broke away from what she was doing. Sherry was right of course but Farrah was old school and liked to conduct her business with pen and paper. It made her feel more connected to the work and unlike a computer she couldn’t simply delete those fleeting trains of thought that led to nowhere. Instead they lingered on the pages like an echo. Sometimes the echo contained the essence of an idea that wasn't quite ready but it needed to be recorded anyway for another time, when the time was right. It was too easy to delete those fleeting thoughts on a laptop and lose them entirely. It was organised chaos for now and with a flourish she picked a piece of paper as if by random and handed it to Sherie.

“Is that what you’re looking for?” Farrah asked.

“Maybe” Sherie replied and returned the piece of paper to its proper place.

Farrah smiled at her comrade and returned to the document she had been examining. It was a press release announcing the deal QAW had secured to air on Wrestleworld, a new subscription based broadcaster, that many were hailing as a harbinger of doom for indy wrestling or, its salvation. Farrah’s confidants and creative team: Sherie Guthrie & Miss Mexico had opposing views on it but Farrah felt it was a mixture of the two. The change that Wrestleword would bring was inevitable and after seeing the demise of AAA Farrah wasn’t about to let QAW, and women’s indy wrestling in America, be a casualty of it. She made one last adjustment to it as QAW original, Rosa Garcia aka. Miss Mexico, appeared with another round of drinks and took her place at the table.

“Rosa this is good to go!” Farrah said handing the announcement over. “Lets give our friends at the news sites a heads up before we officially put out the press release. QAW American Lucha will be our first ever professionally produced show. The girls will have better music, an entrance way and we can finally incorporate backstage segments to the broadcast!”.

“Sure thing. I hope the girls have been taking acting lessons for these backstage segments.” Rosa said coldly. She had been sceptical of Wrestleworld since the beginning. 

“They will be fine” Sherie chided. “Everyone is ready for this Farrah, you have nothing to worry about.”

Farrah nodded. “I want us to get on the same page about this now.” Rosa’s face crumpled at this but raised her drink and clinked her glass with Farrah and Sherie in agreement. Farrah didn’t keep 'yes' people in her inner circle.

“I have to say I’m disappointed about Maestro’s decision to pull away from us. Have you spoken to him?” Sherie asked Farrah.

“Yes, but he was adamant that CILL is joining the Confederation. He said an alliance with 5SSW and us was only appropriate for the minority of his roster. But he wished us luck in establishing our own alliance” Farrah said.

“COTT have introduced a women’s title and tag team titles now. It’s a benefit to the girls there in the long run and get more eyes on them. We'll see the benefits too” Rosa interjected.

“I don’t disagree with that. But OLLIE becoming EILLs feeder league too? Something is going on.” Sherie said nervously. 

“If you’re asking whether EILL is introducing a women’s division then I haven’t heard anything.” Rosa said. “But it's not like they aren’t long overdue joining the rest of the world and promoting one…”. 

Farrah felt the familiar drop in her stomach. She didn’t begrudge anyone moving onto bigger and better things, in fact she made a point of celebrating her peers and ensuring QAW was seen as a launching pad for women wrestlers looking to make it in 5SSW, USPW and CWA. Admittedly, she did worry about companies like EILL, TCW and, SWF launching a women’s division as it would inevitably disrupt QAW but she knew QAW had the potential to withstand it and one day be amongst those names.

“Whatever is around the corner we will deal with it. Better the next Alicia Strong, Brooke Tyler or Joanne Rodriguez be a product of QAW than not.” Farrah said. 

“Hear hear” Sherie and Rosa said in unison raising their glasses again.

“Speaking of Joanne did we send her flowers following the baby news?” Farrah asked. 

“Done. You didn’t see the invoice in the filing system?” Sherie said gesturing at the cluttered table.

rFIw3TS.jpg

Prediction contest: Winner gets to schedule a disruption event in 2021.

The last round was won by KyTeran with 7/7 and they have locked in the 2020 Queen of The Ring tournament winner.

American Lucha card:

Main event: Alina America, Pamela Rojo & Danielle Sweetheart v Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies]

Semi-finals: The Uprising v Las Amazonas

Semi-finals: Payback Inc v Lilly & Rose

Strap match: Hellcat Hernandez v Alexis Lee Littlefeather

Trios match: Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley [The Line] v Queen Amazon, Purple Viper & Millie the Minx

Edited by Rhysrob

Main event: Alina America, Pamela Rojo & Danielle Sweetheart v Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies]

Trios match: Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley [The Line] v Queen Amazon, Purple Viper & Millie the Minx

American Lucha card:

<p>Gotta admit QAW is one of my favorite companies. Really good stuff so far</p><p> </p><p>

American Lucha card:</p><p> </p><p>

Main event: <strong>Alina America, Pamela Rojo & Danielle Sweetheart</strong> v Emma May, Honey Badger & Marie Punnen [The Furies]</p><p> </p><p>

Semi-finals: <strong>The Uprising</strong> v Las Amazonas</p><p> </p><p>

Semi-finals: Payback Inc v <strong>Lilly & Rose</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Strap match: <strong>Hellcat Hernandez</strong> v Alexis Lee Littlefeather</p><p> </p><p>

Shockwave championship: <strong>Little Miss Perfect</strong> v Darkness Cat</p><p> </p><p>

Trios match: <strong>Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley</strong> [The Line] v Queen Amazon, Purple Viper & Millie the Minx</p>

rFIw3TS.jpg

American Lucha

Date: Fri W3 Mar 2020

Attendance: 346 [sell Out]

Broadcast on Wrestleworld: 17,986 viewers

Dark match: Ashley Keith def Vicki Kyle via submission in 09:33 [41]

sipJKl5.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

Garcia: Hola lucha fans and welcome to QAW American Lucha! By my side calling the action, as ever, Farrah Hesketh!

Hesketh: Alfonso tonight is an historic event for QAW because for the first time in its history QAW is being broadcast into your homes on demand. This is a dream come true for myself and every worker and backstage crew member in QAW!

Garcia: That’s right Farrah we are bearing witness to the growth of women’s wrestling in the United States and I’m honoured to be calling the action.

The broadcast cuts to Commissioner Bomb’s office and the viewing audience is treated to a close up shot of the desk which is neatly organised and has two framed photographs: One of Commissioner Bomb holding the USPW Women’s Title and a larger one depicting a AAA roster lining up for a class photo in ring gear-- the keen eyed wrestling spot would spot the likes of Joanne Rodriguez, Belle Bryden and Raven Nightfall in the frame.

As the camera pans out Bomb is sat behind the desk with Alina, Danielle and Pamela waiting patiently in a row to the side. Not staged at all...

Y6bqDw1.jpgPHERurZ.jpgVx65cOV.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

Commissioner Bomb, Alina America, Danielle Sweetheart & Pamela Rojo  

Bomb: Ladies this new budding alliance you have going on is very exciting to see. I feel like nothing bonds you better with someone than a shared hatred of someone else. Are you on the same page for tonight’s main event?

Alina: Absolutely.

Danielle: Of course.

Bomb: Good to hear. Good to hear. So, raise your hand if you like surprises!

[The three women share uneasy glances with only Danielle slowly raising her hand]

Bomb: Don’t worry you two will love it too. I wanted to add a bit more excitement to the match tonight and seeing as it is 2 out of 3 falls I wanted to raise the stakes on those pins. Whoever scores a pin tonight earns themselves a QAW World Championship match!

Alina: And what happens when I pin someone?

Bomb: You’re the Champion, what more do you want?

Alina: I want Emma May.

Bomb: Fine. If you get pin falls then you can pick your own poison.

[The three women share a look and leave one by one with Pamela going last. The camera catches her looking contemplatively after Alina and Danielle]

[44]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

Semi-finals

bMS08Zm.jpgaau0kzu.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

KVTmboI.jpgpzCKefQ.jpgw/8fP1z6s.jpg

Lilly & Rose vs. Payback Inc.w/Vinny Cruz

The semi-finals of the Tag Team Tournament kicked off with a great match that almost represented a AAA v QAW clash with Lilly & Rose representing the past AAA promotion and Payback [or Ronin3] being a symbol of QAW, albeit begrudgingly.

Ironically though it was Lilly & Rose who brought the high flying QAW style and kept the match fast hitting numerous arm drags, drop kicks and hurricanranas. This was countered with a grinding offence from Toni and Becca, who preferred a brawl, and were constantly seeking to corner an opponent and keep them there. Vinny Cruz looked to get involved several times and even placed Toni’s foot on the rope to break up what looked like a winning combination from Debbie Rose. Ultimately, the sheer experience of Lilly & Rose overwhelmed Payback who were unable to keep the advantage and Becca Barton fell prey to ‘The Thorn’ and the 3 count.

Winners: Lilly & Rose via pinfall 14:51

[52]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

Semi-finals

a4zbi8b.jpgJx41iYM.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

SBli9KZ.jpgXwH8IOt.jpg

Las Amazonas vs, The Uprising

Lilly & Rose remained at the top of the entrance ramp to watch who their opponents might be in the finals not really showing a preference for either throughout the match.

Similar to the previous match Las Amazonas were keen to rely on high flying offence and the The Uprising were out to slow things down. Unlike before the two teams were evenly matched in terms of technical wrestling and athleticism, and the crowd were treated to a ‘lucharesu’ style match with fast paced chain wrestling and high impact moves. A turning point appeared in the match as Mariana Torres attempted a flying arm-drag off the ropes only to be snatched out the air by Talia and dropped hard onto Talia’s knee, living up to her moniker of ‘The Mistress of the Back-Breaker’.

Quinzel followed up with a nasty looking tilt-a-whirl back breaker and Mariana was entirely neutralised. Sensing this Talia played around with her opponent before tossing her towards Pinky Perez in a bizarre display of arrogance. Pinky entered and the two women circled and Talia appeared to get the better of Pinky and set her up for another tilt-a-whirl but Pinky over-rotated out of the move and pulled an off-guard Talia into a small package for the win. The duo of Lilly & Rose applauded the winners briefly and left the stage area.

Winners: Las Amazonas via pinfall 12:05

[49]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Garcia: Well there we have it! The finals are locked in, it’ll be: Las Amazonas versus Lilly & Rose!

Hesketh: It’s going to be a very evenly matched in that arena and I can’t wait to see it. Looks like your prediction of Las Amazonas winning the whole thing might be coming to fruition.

Garcia: They were my 1st pick I’ll have you know! Coming up next The Line will be in trios action against three very mean women.

Hesketh: Well that’s one way of describing them--

RAYmWVO.jpg

[The commentary team are cut off by the music of Foxxy Larue who comes out onto the entrance way in street clothes and makes her way to the commentary table seemingly to join them...]

Hesketh: I didn’t realise we had the honour

Foxxy: Alfonso it is good to see you baby! Did you hear something?

Garcia: Did I hear Farrah?

Foxxy: Farrah? I don’t know her. Alfonso, let's call this match please.

Trios Match

SQGwtpT.jpgk1PuN0x.jpgYlovj6V.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

1tfTcb7.jpgkbNrObO.jpgkL8gG60.jpg

The Line v Queen Amazon, Purple Viper & Raquel Alvarado

The presence of Foxxy at ringside was a constant focus during this match with Ash Grover in particular seeming unable to keep her focus away from the ultimate diva who in turn encouraged it by inviting Ash to ‘do something about it’.

Foxxy also proved to be a disruptive presence for the viewer as well, obnoxiously interrupting Farrah at every opportunity resulting in Farrah giving up. Despite Ash being preoccupied her teammates held it together and kept the advantage over their opponents, who played their heel roles very well, and the crowd were firmly behind The Line trio. The finish came when the referee was distracted by Queen Amazon trying to enter the ring illegally and Raquel Alvarado caught Ash in a full nelson setting her up for Viper's mist attack. Unfortunately for Raquel, Ash ducked just in time and Viper sprayed purple mist into her face allowing Ash to break free and hit Viper with the ‘Chicago Hope’ [Lifting Reverse STO] for the win.

Winners: The Line via pinfall in 13:24

[42]

Foxxy: Oh wow, can you imagine being pinned by a student of Farrah Hesketh? And by Ash Grover in particular? I’d just retire from the shame. Poor Viper!

Hesketh: Are you done?!

Foxxy: I am just beginning, you are going to regret the day you sent your lackeys after me.

Hesketh: You are deluded. I did no such thing!

[The brewing argument is swiftly interrupted as Ash Grover dives across the announce table grabbing at Foxxy Larue and the two tumble backwards over the chair causing Alfonso and Farrah to scatter for safety. Foxxy and Ash struggle with each other trading punches but the close confines behind the announce table prove difficult to manoeuvre for a clear advantage. Eventually, Tex-Mex and Payback appear and break up the fight as the broadcast cuts to backstage just as Ash breaks free and charges towards Foxxy again]

[37] 

eKkpfKa.jpg  

We cut to Dharma Gregg standing by with the Furies in the backstage interview area...

CCOiapt.jpgWT0DRzW.jpgqTZmecP.jpgijLCoLi.jpg

Emma May, Honey Badger, Marie Punnen & Dharma Gregg

Dharma: Please welcome my guests at this time, The Furies: Emma May, Honey Badger and Marie Punnen. Furies, what is your reaction to Commissioner Bomb’s added stipulation to tonight’s main event?

Emma: I just need to finish what I started with Danielle’s arm and Alina’s leg, and if Pamela wants to stick her nose into my business then I can break that as well. As for the stipulation... I can walk away with two future shots even though I just need the one.

Dharma: What about your partners? 

Emma: Excuse me, Dharma? I am the leader of this faction and you will address me and me only, understood? My training partners are wholly committed to seeing me as the next QAW Champion.

Dharma: I just wanted to ask--

[33]

[Dharma isn’t able to complete her sentence as shouting and crashing backstage equipment can be heard out of shot in the distance. The Furies roll their eyes at each other and walk away from the noise. Dharma tells the camera to follow her and they race to the source of the disturbance passing various members of the QAW roster...]

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpgvx1orto.jpgkYWJZHG.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

They eventually come across a beat down in session of Juana Hurricane and Sonnaz Shah at the hands of the Tag Team Champions: Lily Snyder and Ava Anderson, who are raining down blows onto the seemingly already half beaten Storm Front members.  They finish Juana off with Ava Irish whipping Juana straight into a Tag Team Title belt which Lily smashes into her face.

[35]

Hesketh: What is going on tonight?! It’s no secret that The Experience run with Clenched Fist. If I were Alexis I’d be watching my back going into my match with the Clenched Fist’s leader next.

Garcia: You’re off course talking about the strap match between Alexis Lee Littlefeather and Hellcat Hernandez. Farrah, the rivalry between Clenched Fist and Storm Front has been building and building. 

eKkpfKa.jpg

Strap Match

wYxk6Nk.jpgyEIo5KV.pngO8GN48Y.jpg

Hellcat Hernandez v Alexis Lee Littlefeather

As the referee secured the strap onto Alexis’ wrist she looked apprehensive as though she knew she was walking into a trap. This was contrasted with Hellcat grinning wickedly.

The match started with a tug-of-war and Hellcat gained the upper hand, but as she pulled for a final time Alexis released her grip sending Hellcat flying backwards into the turnbuckle. An embarrassed Hellcat got back to her feet and cut Alexis off at her 2nd turnbuckle tap and pulled her into the centre of the ring. Although the objective of the match was to consecutively touch each turnbuckle the match resembled a bar fight; Alexis hit a short arm clothesline which allowed her to hit three turnbuckles before Hellcat recovered and whipped Alexis’ legs from behind with the strap stopping her completely. The crowd rallied behind Alexis as she attempted to pull herself towards the last turnbuckle but Hellcat dragged her out of the ring and the referee reset the count.

Hellcat went to work on Alexis around the ringside area and whipped her relentlessly until Alexis’ back was red raw. The crowd cheered Alexis on but were rendered silent when Hellcat hit her trademark running bulldog crashing Alexis down with a dull thud. Hellcat gloated and rolled Alexis back in the ring and made a show of hitting each turnbuckle, but as she sauntered towards the final one she was pulled back by Alexis, who had flung the strap over her shoulder, and was hauled Hellcat away eventually causing her to slip. Alexis took the opportunity to repay the lashes, with interest.

But suddenly, Black Diamond appeared and argued with the referee; Felicia Luck also appeared and hit Alexis from behind disrupting the momentum she was building. Hellcat recovered and dismissed Black Diamond who dutifully disappeared allowing the referee to return to the action. In a sadistic move Hellcat hit Alexis with a bone crunching package piledriver in the middle of the ring, wrapped the strap around her neck and then dragged her opponent, clearly struggling to breathe, behind her as she hit each turnbuckle for the victory.

Winner: Hellcat Hernandez via stoppage in 14:05

[47]

wYxk6Nk.jpgO8GN48Y.jpgtwSkQZM.jpgMK1dmwu.jpg

[Hellcat scares the referee out of the ring and starts barking orders to Black Diamond and Felicia Luck, as Alexis gasps for air. Black Diamond frees Hellcat from the strap and Felicia climbs the top rope. Hellcat then sets up Alexis for another package piledriver but this time Felicia jumps from the top rope adding her force to the move and Alexis is crunched into the mat with such force that she almost bounces out of Hellcat's grip]

[35]

Fesketh: Folks we have to apologise for what you just witnessed! I think the crowd are on the edge of jumping in the ring themselves!

Garcia: So this was Hellcat’s grand plan?! Take out Juana and Sonnaz backstage to break Alexis’ neck? To what end?

Hesketh: That piledriver was aimed at Juana Hurricane and Juana alone. 

Garcia: There will surely be consequences from this assault, we know that Commissioner Bomb doesn’t appreciate the wrestlers getting too badly damaged…

Hesketh: Viewers as you can see Alexis is being stretchered from the ringside area. We wish her all the best and we’ll keep you updated on her condition.

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

Shockwave Championship

s4knF2k.jpgyEIo5KV.pngTdYJhEN.jpg

Little Miss Perfect© v Darkness Cat

The next match was in a difficult spot in terms of picking the crowd back up after the previous brutal display and subsequent assault on Alexis.

And unfortunately, the two women involved just didn’t click in the ring and LMP was simply unable to lead the match in-between Darkness Cat’s spots which exposed them both. That being said Darkness’ offence still popped the crowd as it was undeniably flashy and LMP still managed to get the crowd irritated by her antics. The end of the match came after Darkness Cat failed to capitalise on a 619 and instead opted to go for a Black Cat Moonsault which ate knees from LMP. The Champion then lifted a breathless Cat up for the Newton's Cradle and the win.

Winner: Little Miss Perfect via pinfall 12:21

[36]

[Defences 2]

Hesketh: A solid win and second title defence from Little Miss Perfect! She may be irritating but she can back it up in the ring.

Garcia: That she can. We’re ready for the main event now and I am very keen to see how this one plays out. You have to think that everyone will be keen to assert themselves tonight in order to score one of the precious pin falls. You know Emma will be taking the lion's share on her side, but how will the dynamic play out on the other side? Farrah, how would you be approaching this match?

Hesketh: It depends on who I am. If I were a challenger I’d go hard for the first pinfall and once I have it let my teammates take over. If I were the champion I’d be picking the bones and breaking up pins by people I don’t want to face!

Garcia: So, maybe not the most collegiate partner?

Hesketh: Maybe not. But, when it comes to the World Championship you can’t be collegiate to the detriment of yourself Alfonso...

eKkpfKa.jpg

Trios Match

PHERurZ.jpgVx65cOV.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

CCOiapt.jpgWT0DRzW.jpgqTZmecP.jpg

Alina America, Danielle Sweetheart & Pamela Rojo v The Furies

American Lucha tradition dictates that the main event is a traditional lucha libre 6-person tag team contested under best of 3 falls and tags can be made when the legal wrestler of a team touches the floor outside the ring and a teammate may enter the ring to take her place as the legal competitor.

Thanks to Commissioner Bomb’s intervention the stakes were now much higher and every woman had something to gain if they scored a pin-fall. The technico team, despite being thrown together, appeared equal and sportswoman like as they were setting up in their corner visibly patting each other on the back and encouraging one another, juxtaposed by Emma May clearly dictating to her teammates that each pin-fall was for her, and her alone.

The opening moments highlighted the spirit of the lucha libre rules with both teams sliding out the ring to avoid irish whip attempts allowing a team mate to rush the ring and gain the momentary advantage. Everyone was approaching things with urgency but Emma May’s dictatorial leadership slowed her teammates down who were noticeably avoiding going for pins to avoid drawing the ire of May. Speaking of May, she had heat with each of her opponents and they wanted a piece of her so she spent her time on the apron directing traffic. This left the inexperienced (The) Rage duo vulnerable and Marie Punnen was being outwrestled by Danielle Sweetheart and tried to escape the ring only to be blocked by Pamela, forcing her to turn around and walk straight into a super kick from Danielle.

Pinfall: Danielle Sweetheart [1-0]

This was enough to enrage Emma enough to join the match which triggered Alina to call for the tag, desperate for a measure of revenge for the campaign of torment against her. Danielle ignored the demand who had not forgotten last month's miscalculation. The two rivals grappled and Emma went for hammer locks and arm locks clearly targeting the same arm she injured 6 months ago. The MMA fighter was working sloppy though and The Queen of Hearts more than held her own and took Emma off her feet with a series of running clotheslines but, as Danielle hit the ropes for a third, Honey Badger kicked her in the back causing Danielle to stumble into the clutches of Emma May who locked in a standing kimura lock. The two women struggled in the hold as Emma attempted to keep Danielle in the centre of the ring. After what felt like a lifetime (closer to 20 seconds) Danielle was inches from the ropes when Emma cooly transitioned the move into a cross face chicken wing and dragged Danielle to the mat, taking the back in the process and hooked both legs. The scene was uncomfortable to watch as Danielle’s muffled cries could be heard behind Emma’s forearm planted across her face. The fan favourite would not submit and each time Danielle told the referee 'No!' it only made Emma wrench harder. After being the hold for over a minute the life seemed to drain from Danielle and the referee determined she could no longer continue and physically broke the hold.

Referee Stoppage: Emma May [1-1]

As Danielle rolled to the outside a fired up Alina flew into the ring hitting a Thesz Press and raining down punches on Emma who bridged out and clambered to the ropes and escaped the ring not wanting a piece of the QAW World Champion. The referee called for a tag and a frustrated Alina opted to climb the turnbuckle in pursuit and nailed Emma with a high cross body to the outside flattening her completely. This left Honey Badger and Pamela Rojo left to fight it out and they charged into one another hammering one another with hard body shots which Honey got the better off with a quick jab to the throat dropping Rojo to one knee. Signalling a spear Honey charged towards Rojo but unfortunately connected with Rojo’s forearm stopping her in her tracks. With little effort Pamela hoisted Honey over one shoulder and delivered a massive Running Powerslam and claimed the winning pinfall.

Pinfall: Pamela Rojo [2-1]

Winners: Alina America, Danielle Sweetheart & Pamela Rojo via 2-1 pin falls 15:44

[44] 

eKkpfKa.jpg

Garcia: A well fought victory tonight but at a cost for Alina America who is left with not one, not two, but three immediate challengers for her gold!

Hesketh: Danielle is now receiving medical treatment on the outside. I can imagine the doctors will be keen to get her to a medical facility to check she is okay after passing out like that.

Alfonso: I guess that leaves Alina and Pamela to get their hands raised--

TtUc3j8.jpgPHERurZ.jpg

[As the commentary continues discussing potential next steps for the World Championship scene Alina America is picked up on camera checking on Danielle Sweetheart who is now being helped to the backstage area by the standby medical team. The crowd is cheering on Pamela Rojo who is going from turnbuckle to turnbuckle soaking in the win with arms outstretched.

Alina rolls into the ring and joins Pamela, and both women have their hands raised in victory. As the referee exits the two victors shake each other’s hand in the centre of the ring but Pamela doesn’t let Alina go. Before the champion can react Pamela kicks her in the mid section and hits a nasty looking ‘Rojo Alert’. The crowd is stunned and start booing Pamela intensely as the champion lays motionless. The broadcast ends]

[36]

Show Rating: 45

Edited by Rhysrob

rFIw3TS.jpgY6bqDw1.jpg

[Airing on QAW.com]

Bomb: Welcome QAW faithful and thank you for being apart of our historic event American Lucha where we broadcasted live into nearly 18,000 homes! And if you missed the action you can subscribe to the Wrestleworld Network and watch the show at your leisure for the low price of $9.99 a month... Provided you live in North America! 

American Lucha was a fantastic event and I have to say my ingenious stipulation to the main event has certainly made me things a little more interesting. Our QAW World Champion, Alina America, now has three contenders for her gold! Pamela Rojo, Danielle Sweetheart and Emma May... Now I was wondering to myself who should get their shot first? And then Pamela decided it for me by smashing Alina America into the mat after the match!

So at Big City Breakdown in April, Alina America will defend against Pamela Rojo! 

And what about Danielle and Emma? Whilst Pamela was making a statement Danielle was receiving medical attention and Emma was hightailing it out the arena... This will not do! So, they will face each other to determine the next number 1 contender for whomever comes out as World Champion. And the loser will forfeit their title shot. Why? Because I don't want either woman thinking they have a second chance if they mess this up. I want a fight! So may the best woman win. 

And speaking of winning, the finals of the Tag Team Tournament will be decided as Lilly & Rose face off against Las Amazonas! Some have said the tournament has been a triumph and testament to my amazing leadership. And I couldn't agree more. 

The Tag Champions themselves were busy bees at American Lucha jumping Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah backstage which undoubtedly set Alexis Lee up for Hellcat Hernandez's attack. Seeing as the Champs have the night off why don't we change that? The Experience will defend their titles against Juana & Sonnaz! And as for Hellcat... I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. I don't like it when the merchandise gets too badly damaged! And right now it's looking like you sent Alexis to an earlier than expected retirement. Hellcat, you and your girls Felicia and Diamond can sit Big City Breakdown out and think about you've done...

Big City Breakdown Card

QAW World Championship: Alina America v Pamela Rojo

Grudge Match: Emma May v Danielle Sweetheart

QAW Tag Team Championships: The Experience v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah

Tag Tournament Finals: Las Amazonas v Lilly & Rose

Singles match: Foxxy Larue v Ash Grover

Trios match: Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx v Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone

Edited by Rhysrob

<p>QAW World Championship: <strong>Alina America</strong> v Pamela Rojo</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match: <strong>Emma May</strong> v Danielle Sweetheart</p><p> </p><p>

QAW Tag Team Championships: <strong>The Experience</strong> v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Tournament Finals: <strong>Las Amazonas</strong> v Lilly & Rose</p><p> </p><p>

Singles: <strong>Foxxy Larue</strong> v Ash Grover</p><p> </p><p>

Trios: Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx v <strong>Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone</strong></p>

<p>QAW Big City Breakdown Card:</p><p> </p><p>

QAW World Championship: <strong>Alina America</strong> v Pamela Rojo</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match: Emma May v <strong>Danielle Sweetheart</strong></p><p> </p><p>

QAW Tag Team Championships: <strong>The Experience</strong> v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah</p><p> </p><p>

Tag Tournament Finals: Las Amazonas v <strong>Lilly & Rose</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Singles: <strong>Foxxy Larue</strong> v Ash Grover</p><p> </p><p>

Trios: <strong>Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx </strong>v Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone</p>

Meanwhile in Mexico...

G2H5kVd.jpg

Sobrehumano

Date: Fri W1 Apr 2020

Attendance: 473

Dark match: Catalina Vasquez def. Hellcat Hernandez via DQ [54]

Jcgj5AO.jpgXZOET6K.jpg

Commentary: Victor Fernandez & El Maestro

Fernandez: We’re now ready for the main event and it is set to make history!

Maestro: When this great company agreed to join the prestigious COTT alliance we did so under one condition: they introduce a women’s singles and tag team division with World Championships! Our Luchadoras are the best in the world and deserve the same opportunities as our luchadors to travel to other promotions and assert their dominance!

Fernandez: The Tag Titles were decided last month at OLLIE’s Eternal War where Electric Dreamer and Ursula Saez defeated Elsa Calvo and Purple Viper. I know our luchadora’s are already beginning to speak with one another about potential partnerships to bring those belts to CILL in the near future.

Maestro: And who knows we might introduce our own belts!

Fernandez: You heard it here first!

Maestro: And tonight we have the honour of deciding the first ever COTT World Women’s Champion with Pinky Perez versus Poison Ivy! Two former CILL Women’s Champions in their own right.

Fernandez: Although perhaps on different levels El Maestro! Pinky is the record breaking 5 time (5 time!) champion and has been dominating the division for the past 8 years. Poison Ivy has just the 1 reign to her name…!

Maestro: Lets not forget that Poison Ivy defeated Pinky for the women’s championship and held it for almost a year!

Fernandez: Only to lose it back to Pinky and hasn’t tasted gold since. Pinky has to be the favourite going into this match! And I’m sure the CILL Women’s Champion Maribel Mercado will be watching this one with interest!

B96emf1.jpg

7PFveM5.jpg

a4zbi8b.jpgyEIo5KV.pngJrUQed3.jpg

Confederation Of The Territories World Women’s Championship: Pinky Perez v Poison Ivy

The two luchadora’s were making history in the main event and had to go on after the CILL World Championship and Women’s Championship matches, which had been excellent. Fortunately for those viewing the pressure formed a diamond of a match which completely out classed the rest of the card! Pinky Perez has been the face of the women’s division for the past 8 years and put on a performance which showed she was perhaps the face of the entire company. Her opponent, Poison Ivy, was a blast from the past and was Pinky’s first proper championship feud; so it was poetic to see them clash again as Pinky looked to establish her footing on an international stage. The match was pure lucha libre displaying rapid sequences of holds and manoeuvres and both women took to the sky. Ultimately, Pinky Perez got to display everything she had and the crowd never took to the prospect of Ivy winning it (despite controlling portions of the match). Pinky put Poison Ivy away with a ‘Pink Butterfly Bomb’ [double underhook powerbomb] and became the first ever COTT World Women’s Champion!

Winner: Pinky Perez via pinfall in 16:09

[70]

QAW Big City Breakdown Card:   QAW World Championship: Alina America v Pamela Rojo   Grudge Match: Emma May v Danielle Sweetheart   QAW Tag Team Championships: The Experience [Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder] v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah   Tag Tournament Finals: Las Amazonas [Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres] v Lilly & Rose [Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose]   Singles: Foxxy Larue v Ash Grover   Trios: Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx v Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone   (Prediction contest winner influences a booking decision)

Edited by Rhysrob

QAW Tag Team Championships: The Experience [Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder] v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah

Tag Tournament Finals: Las Amazonas [Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres] v Lilly & Rose [Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose]

Singles: Foxxy Larue v Ash Grover

Trios: Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx v Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone

I liked the inclusion of the COTT title match, that was nicely done. I've often been tempted by a QAW save but have never actually done it so I only know maybe 10 people or so on the roster, so it might take me a few shows to sharpen my predictions!

QAW Tag Team Championships: The Experience [Ava Anderson & Lily Snyder] v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah

Tag Tournament Finals: Las Amazonas [Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres] v Lilly & Rose [Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose]

Singles: Foxxy Larue v Ash Grover

Trios: Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx v Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone