rFIw3TS.jpg

Big City Breakdown

Date: Fri W3 Apr 2020

Attendance: 467

Broadcast on Wrestleworld: 19,337 viewers

Dark match: In a decent match Ashley Keith def Izzy Quick via submission in 07:33 [39]

sipJKl5.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

Alfonso Garcia & Farrah Hesketh

Garcia: Hola lucha fans! Welcome to QAW Big City Breakdown! To my right, the Jill-of-all-Trades, Farrah Hesketh!

Hesketh: Thanks Alfonso, and thank you for letting us into your homes on Wrestleworld! We have a great night of action ahead and you won’t be disappointed!

Garcia: We have 2 World Championship matches tonight! The Experience will defend against Stormfront’s Juana Hurricane and Sonnaz Shah! And Alina America will defend the World Title against Pamela Rojo!

Hesketh: Also the finals of the Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament will conclude with Las Amazonas taking on Lilly and Rose!

Garcia: The Tag Champions are making their way to the ring for the opening contest which means Brayfield will be gracing us any moment...

vx1orto.jpg

Bossman Brayfield

Tag Match

QAW World Tag Team Championship

2qtkezS.jpg2qtkezS.jpg

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

kYWJZHG.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

The Experience © v Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah [Storm Front]

The remaining members of Storm Front were angry and Lily and Ava soon realised they had poked the bear a little too hard.

The Experience held their ground and brawled but were unable to tap into the same fury that Juana had and neither woman wanted to stay in the ring with her for too long. Commentary reminded the viewer that Juana was typically a calmer competitor preferring to go for submissions just as Lily Snyder landed a slap across her face that sounded like a whip crack. This enraged Juana who lunged for Lily's neck taking her down to the mat and gaining the mount with both hands crushing the air out of Lily’s lungs. The referee attempted to break the illegal choke but Juana would not relent and the referee had no choice but to give the 5 count and disqualify her.

Winners: The Experience def. Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah via DQ 09:52

[46]

[Defences: 2]

Brayfield: Disgraceful behaviour! What kind of company are you running here Hesketh?!

Hesketh: Me?! After your clients antics last week aiding Hellcat Hernandez you’re really in no position Brayfield!

Garcia: While we try and restore some order out here I believe Pamela Rojo is scheduled for an interview to explain her actions from American Lucha where she turned on Alina America! Take it away Dharma!

eKkpfKa.jpg

The feed cuts to Dharma Gregg standing by with a microphone next to Pamela Rojo, behind the duo is the QAW logo...

ijLCoLi.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

Dharma Gregg & Pamela Rojo

Dharma: Pamela, at the end of American Lucha you shocked everyone when, after your trios victory alongside Alina America, you inexplicably hit her with a devastating powerslam! Tell us what made you do that?!

Pamela: Listen, I have nothing against Alina America. In fact, I like Alina America! What I did was business and I think she knows that.

Dharma: Business?

Pamela: I have been with this company for 10 years and I have never held the World Championship. When I debuted I won the first ever Queen of the Ring tournament and earned myself a spot in the first ever QAW World Championship match. And what did I do? I choked. Miss Mexico pinned me and became the first ever QAW World Champion. Did I learn from my mistake and win it on my next attempt? No, I choked. Sure I had success in the tag division but that was five years ago. I feel like I’ve been choking my entire career and I can’t breathe anymore. I can’t keep standing aside whilst other people pass me by. After the match finished last month I knew I had to free myself and seize the opportunity.

Dharma: By assaulting an unsuspecting Alina America?

Pamela: I have my shot don’t I?

Dharma: Yes, I suppose you’re right.

Pamela: I’m not proud of it but its business, and when I take the championship tonight, I’ll breathe easy at last.

[33]

[The promo got the crowd hotter]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Trios Match

OXZa5PY.jpgTdYJhEN.jpgKvfMD0s.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

s4knF2k.jpgkL8gG60.jpgjemHvcg.jpg

Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramone v Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx

The trios match served as a good palette cleanser after the previous brawl and each competitor put in a solid showing.

The match was a tale of two teams as Miss Perfect was clearly grating on her partners nerves by constantly inserting herself into the action with distracting blind tags and at one point started an Instagram live and dropped off the apron to talk to the viewers, missing a tag from Raquel in the process. The opposing team worked well together and Penny Ramone had a very impressive debut showing a versatile style of strikes, technical wrestling and even proving comfortable in the air. The finish came when Raquel grew frustrated with Perfect’s antics and after being hit with a 3rd consecutive dropkick from Darkness Cat tagged in Perfect via a slap across the face and left the ring with Millie. A bemused and slightly dizzy Perfect entered the ring and walked right into a freshly tagged in Modesty Pador who clinched her in a small package for the win.

Winners: Modesty Pador, Darkness Cat & Penny Ramona via pin fall 11:33

[40]

eKkpfKa.jpg

The feed cuts back to interview area where Ash Grover is standing by alone...

Ylovj6V.jpg

Ash Grover

Ash: ‘God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The Courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference.’…

"Foxxy Larue… I learnt this prayer when I was in recovery and we’d recite it together at the end of a meeting. I’ve found it has even greater power when I say it alone, often in the dark, often when I am most afraid. When I really need it and mean it, it never lets me down.

Do I have serenity? Being able to describe serenity back then was difficult, after all I hadn’t experienced much of it, except at the bottom of a bottle. But gradually I began to find it, in the eyes of those who supported me through my darkest moments and, eventually, in my own reflection. Being an alcoholic I naturally wanted more. So in times of stress, which were many, I prayed for it. I pray for serenity every day, without a drink and without succumbing completely to fear and anxiety. And guess what? It works!

Do I have courage? Dutch courage I had plenty of, enough to numb my fears and allow me, for a while anyway, to bluff my way through life. But what about real courage? The ability to overcome fear, and keep moving forward? I have faced my fears and moved forward. Every day I summon the courage to keep going, live sober, one day at a time. So, do I have courage? Yes.

Do I have wisdom? For me the beginnings of wisdom came when I admitted complete defeat. The search for wisdom could begin only when I admitted I had none. It’s been a long search but wisdom I have discovered is there when I am willing to ask and to look for it.

Foxxy, you think there is a big conspiracy against you. You’re wrong. The Line only and will only exist as long as bullies like you plague QAW. Our existence is a direct response to your poor behaviour. I’ve seen what you’ve said about me online, you think that bringing up my past and throwing my demons in my face will break me that easily? Listen close, you can’t break me because I have already been broken far worse than anything you can dream of doing to me, and I climbed back from it. And you don’t scare me, because I face bigger demons than you every day!".

[31] 

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

RAYmWVO.jpgyEIo5KV.pngYlovj6V.jpg

Foxxy Larue v Ash Grover

What the previous match lacked in intensity was picked up here instead. After months of Foxxy taunting Ash Grover about her troubled past with glee on the mic and online ‘Texas Tough’ Ash Grover had something to prove.

The start of the match saw Ash come out hot hitting Foxxy with everything she had even catching Foxxy with a ‘Chicago Hope’ in the 3rd minute and a near fall causing Fox to roll out the ring for a time out. Showing her big match inexperience Ash pursued Fox and ate a ‘Flash Headkick’ for her troubles. Now firmly in control Foxxy worked Ash over on the outside, breaking up the 10 count when required, and promptly shutting down the comeback attempts from Grover.

In an eye opening move Foxxy took a break from the beatdown and sauntered over to the announce table, took a water bottle and poured it over Farrah Hesketh who had to be restrained by Alfonso Garcia. This disrespectful move spurred Ash to mount a semblance of a comeback and managed to get things back in the ring but was ultimately not able to overcome Fox who ducked a leg lariat, ran the ropes and retaliated with another huge ‘Flash Headkick’ that knocked Ash out for the count.

Winner: Foxxy Larue via pin fall 12:02

[46]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Foxxy immediately exits the ring and forces Farrah out of her seat and slides back into the ring with the steel chair and a mic in hand. She stands over a downed Ash and places her foot on her neck...

RAYmWVO.jpgobjwqAE.jpgYlovj6V.jpg

Foxxy: You’ve faced bigger demons than me huh? You’re probably hoping that your lil’ buddies are going to come and save you but they’ve probably discovered by now my girls have got to them first. It’s just you, me and this chair now baby girl!

[Foxxy proceeds to wrap the steel chair around Ash’s neck with bad intentions and the referee attempts to intervene but Fox scares her out of the ring]

Alfonso: What can Foxxy Larue be thinking here?! She’s taking things way too far now--!”

[Before Foxxy can do anything Farrah Hesketh rushes into the ring and spins Foxxy around to face her. This enrages Foxxy who slaps Farrah hard across the face and tries to return to what she was doing. To the absolute delight of the crowd Farrah spins Foxxy around again and delivers a kick to the mid section and DDTs her. She frees Ash and pulls her out of the ring as security, led by Commissioner Bomb, appears to take a dazed Foxxy to the backstage area]

[38]

Garcia: Farrah, I’m speechless!

Hesketh: Alfonso I apologise that was very unprofessional of me. I--

Garcia: No! That was amazing!!!

Hesketh: Thank you. But it certainly isn’t my intention to get involved in active competitors affairs like that. I just couldn’t sit by and watch Ash have her passion stripped away from her like that. Not after she has worked so hard to return… I’ll have to face the music for putting my hands on Foxxy at some point.

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Match

Tournament Finals

a4zbi8b.jpgJx41iYM.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

bMS08Zm.jpgaau0kzu.jpg

Las Amazonas v Lilly & Rose

The finals of the number one contender tournament culminated in a great match between two excellent teams. Lilly & Rose certainly held the edge in terms of experience together but Las Amazonas entered the QAW scene with an irrepressible energy catapulting them to the top of the division.

Many expected the high flying teams to battle it out in the air, and for a time they did, treating the viewers to a highly athletic contest with lots of arm drags, drop kicks and fast paced chain wrestling with innovative roll up attempts. When it became clear neither side could gain a clear advantage Debbie Rose and Pinky Perez shook hands and engaged in a more mat based technical exchange. The crowd really appreciated the versatility in the ring and applauded both teams who seemed intent on keeping things civil, until Mariana took exception to almost being caught in a victory roll by Kate and shoved her to the ground. As the intensity and speed started picking up again the Champions appeared at ringside scouting the action and sensing an opportunity with the referee distracted Ava Anderson slid into the ring and accidentally caught Kate Lilly with the title belt instead of Pinky. Pinky seized the day and drop kicked Ava out of the ring, hopped up to the top rope and hit Kate with a Flog Splash and sealed Las Amazona’s victory.

Winners: Las Amazonas def. Lilly & Rose via pinfall 18:07

[50]

eKkpfKa.jpg

QAW World Championship

ioKyjRi.jpgyEIo5KV.pngTtUc3j8.jpg

Alina America © v Pamela Rojo

Pamela Rojo tried agitating the World Champion out the gate by offering out her hand to start the match. The ever wholesome Alina played to the crowd on what to do and the roaring feedback was a resounding ‘no!’ so Alina feigned reaching out and surprised Pamela with a headlock instead.

The match was a classic power v speed match up with Alina trying to keep the pace fast to tire out her larger, stronger opponent. To Pamela’s credit she fought like she had something to prove and wanted to show the world she had what it took to hang in the main event and she unleashed a fairly impressive power moveset including nailing Alina with a Yokosuka Cutter for a 2.9 count. Despite her best efforts the crowd just didn’t buy into her as a credible threat and Alina took back control as Pamela hoisted her up for a ‘Rojo Alert’ [Running Powerbomb] by countering it into a sunset flip. Alina was the first to her feet and ran wild with drop kicks keeping Pamela disorientated and mustering all her might lifted Pamela up for the ‘Southern Lights Bomb’ and dropped her down on her neck for the bone crunching win. As Pamela recovered and it dawned on her she had been pinned she walked over to Alina and interrupted her celebration. The crowd hushed sensing a confrontation but instead Pamela grasped Alina’s hand in her own and quickly exited the ring.

Winner: Alina America via pinfall 13:33

[48]

[Defences: 3]

Garcia: An excellent performance there from Alina!

Hesketh: Agreed, but my heart does go out to Pamela. I may not agree with how she conducted herself to secure the match but I know how much that match must have meant to her. The true test is how she picks herself up from it and comes back stronger. She is world championship material!

Garcia: Speaking of world championship material we have a grudge-a-go-go match coming next in the main event slot: Danielle Sweetheart versus Emma May! These two women absolutely hate each other and then throw in a world championship opportunity? This match has very high stakes.

eKkpfKa.jpg

In a pre-recorded promo Emma stands alone in the interview area...

CCOiapt.jpg

Emma: Once again my inevitable path to the QAW World Championship has been disrupted. Once again, I have to assert my dominance over Danielle Sweetheart. The last time we met one on one you walked away with the win, I’ll grant you that! But you were in the one stuck in physical therapy for months.

"Last month, I put you to sleep in that ring. The more I applied pressure on your neck the more you weakened and I really enjoyed the feeling of your body struggling against mine. I felt the exact moment fear overcame you and it was exhilarating! I don’t know if you remember but I whispered something to you in those final moments before you passed out. If you don’t remember I’ll whisper it to you again very soon.".

In another pre-recorded promo Danielle stands alone in the same interview...

Vx65cOV.jpg

Danielle: Emma, you once said to me that violence is what puts food on your table and helps you sleep at night. You were saying that your violent approach to competition, to our great sport, somehow makes you better than everyone else… I’m a 3 time World Champion, 3 times more than you. I’ve been Queen of the Ring 4 times...4 times more than you. I have defeated you one on one, you have never defeated me… I approach this sport with dignity, with love for the fans and respect for my fellow competitors. It has put food on my table and helped me sleep at night for 13 years. When you compare your approach to mine, and look at the outcomes… Maybe you need to go back to the drawing board?

[47]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

Vx65cOV.jpgyEIo5KV.pngCCOiapt.jpg

Danielle Sweetheart v Emma May

The crowd was ready to see this match and their reactions during the entrances was enough to show why this was going on as the main event. The last time they had met in a ring for singles action was 7 months ago where Danielle came away with the victory but had her arm almost broken by Emma after the match. Since then the two were destined for a rematch and the last time they were in a ring together Emma May had put Danielle to sleep.

The two women locked up in the centre of the ring showing slick technical wrestling and everything had just a little extra force on it making every hold look like they were genuinely trying to rip each others’ limbs off, although Danielle was much better at selling it than Emma was. After a few minutes of mat wrestling Emma shot for a Kimura lock which Danielle quickly rolled out of and retreated to the safety of the ropes. This delighted Emma who knew she had a winning formula now and she arrogantly lay on her back and challenged Danielle to grapple with her.

Showing great resolve Danielle charged forward and immediately wrapped up Emma in a Magistral Cradle for a near fall. Before Emma could react Danielle had her up again for a backslide for another near fall. As Emma got up she ate a picture perfect drop kick to the face and she now found herself retreating for a rope break. Danielle pressed the advantage but the referee blocked her path causing the two to bicker about the rules and Emma landed a cheap shot on Danielle knocking her silly.

Emma took Danielle by the back of the neck and rammed her shoulder first into the turnbuckle and took her down to the mat and started trying to lock in her patented Kimura. The veteran Danielle had enough wherewithal to sense danger and struggled out of Emma’s grip eventually finding herself on her side in a hammer lock half nelson with Emma trying to take the back. The crowd got behind Danielle who rallied out of the hold getting to her feet forcing Emma to revert to a full nelson. The two women struggled for a moment before Danielle put herself in reverse and forced Emma back into the turnbuckle forcing her to break the hold. The crowd was on their feet as Danielle bounced Emma around the ring with right hands, clotheslines and a flying cross body followed up with an impressive spring board leg drop off the ropes.

Danielle pointed to the turnbuckle signalling she was going high risk and made her ascent. She waited perched on the turnbuckle as Emma groggily got to her feet, instead of doing as Danielle wanted and turning around, Emma lurched sideways and hit the ropes causing Danielle to slip and land on her backside. In an amazing feat of athleticism Emma leapt up onto the top rope, seized Danielle’s arm in a flying arm bar and brought her crashing down to the mat from the top rope already trapped in the submission. Danielle did her best to fight it but Emma was too much to overcome and she forced a shocking tap out.

Winner: Emma May via submission 18:07

[57]

Show rating: 53

OOC: Thanks for the predictions everyone it is really appreciated! It reminds me i'm behind on reading everyone else's diaries but I've been trying to binge the Puppets Dance for the 5SSW content! Admittedly the diary was tricky to write this week purely down to the news in my country being particularly dire and its hard to focus sometimes with it in the back of your mind. But once the flow starts its a great distraction. The previous prediction winners were Herrbear, The Heel and KyTeran who each picked disruption events for 2021 ranging from women's divisions starting to certain people sensationally quitting their jobs! It should make for an interesting 2021 landscape!

Edited by Rhysrob

rFIw3TS.jpghmyqdwA.jpg

Y6bqDw1.jpg

[Airing on QAW.com]

Bomb: Welcome to my office QAW faithful, what did you think of Big City Breakdown? I personally found it highly entertaining! I’m a genius!

"Normally I would take the time to talk to you about QAW’s next event, which is scheduled to be the 2020 ‘Battlebowl’! In years gone by the Battlebowl has always featured a standard Battle Royal but this year we will formally crown a Battlebowl winner! Who will receive a lovely bouquet of flowers, a bonus in their pay cheque and, a shot at the QAW World Championship at the ‘Showdown’ PPV. I must assure you that the flowers will be truly exquisite!

Now, you’re probably expecting me to tell you that the number one contender Emma May will face Alina America at Battlebowl but I can’t. I’m sorry. Don’t worry she will get her opportunity though.

It is with great honour that today I can announce the official alliance between Queens of American Wrestling and 5 Star Supreme Wrestling in Japan. The legendary Sensational Ogiwara has brokered a deal with Farrah Hesketh and myself that will see our two great companies work together to take women’s wrestling to a new, global stage. We will work together by sharing talent, training together and, most importantly, giving you the fans the best possible wrestling we can. Let me tell you any women’s wrestler worth their salt will tell you that an ambition of theirs is to be invited to Japan to compete for 5SSW and if they tell you otherwise then they are lying! And I hear the joshi’s feel the same way about QAW!

To celebrate this union over the next month talents from QAW will go on tour with 5SSW culminating in their ‘Wrestle Challenge’ PPV in June. In exchange joshi from 5SSW will join QAW at the Battlebowl event in a special QAW vs 5SSW Champions showcase! That’s right! The best of both promotions will be pitted against each other to establish who really is the best of the best.

The QAW World Champion Alina America will face 5SSW World Champion: Yuma Maruya!

The QAW Tag Team Champions The Experience will face 5SSW Champions: The Storm Dragons!

And, the QAW Shockwave Champion Little Miss Perfect will face the 5SSW All-Asian Champion: Megumi Nakajima.

Not only that the 5SSW Triangle Champion: Gemmei Oonishi will compete in a special triple threat exhibition match against our own Modesty Pador and Raquel Alvarado!

And, last but by certainly no means least, the 2020 Battlebowl will feature your favourite QAW wrestlers alongside some fantastic 5SSW talents: Fuyoko Higa, Heart Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha and, Unstoppable Tai. Join me next week where I’ll be joined by Farrah Hesketh and we’ll be taking a closer look at the 5SSW joshi’s joining us and we’ll be getting reactions from the QAW roster!".

2020 Battlebowl Predictions

Battlebowl (20-person rumble) featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Emma May, Foxxy Larue, Hellcat Hernandez, Juana Hurricane, Toni Parisi, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo, Fuyoko Higa, HEART Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha, Unstoppable Tai, Ash Grover, Darkness Cat, Becca Barton, Teresa Perez, Houston Handley and Mariana Torres.

Champion Showcase: Alina America v Yuma Maruya

Champion Showcase: The Experience v The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo lijima]

Champion Showcase: Little Miss Perfect v Megumi Nakajima

Triangle Championship exhibition: Gemmei Oonishi v Modesty Pador v Raquel Alvarado

Previous prediction round:

KyTeran: 7/7

Historian: 3/7

Christmas_ape: 7/7

Herrbear: 3/7

KyTeran you win, again! Alongside Christmas_ape. I'll be in touch shortly for your creative steers!

Edited by Rhysrob

Battlebowl (20-person rumble) featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Emma May, Foxxy Larue, Hellcat Hernandez, Juana Hurricane, Toni Parisi, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo, Fuyoko Higa, HEART Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha, Unstoppable Tai, Ash Grover, Darkness Cat, Becca Barton, Teresa Perez, Houston Handley and Mariana Torres.

Champion Showcase: The Experience v The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo lijima]

Triangle Championship exhibition: Gemmei Oonishi v Modesty Pador v Raquel Alvarado

Some tough predictions as I think the low popularity of the 5SSW workers might play into it but I don't know enough about them in game to really know which (if any) will have any pop in the US.

5SSW is my favourite C-Verse company so I think I'm going to be a little biased here...

Let's hope Higa refuses to be lose & you're forced to make her the winner!

Picking Maruya out of pure loyalty but I know America will take it...

Megumi to make Little Miss Perfect tap

Excellent work so far, by the way - will definitely be keeping up with this! I haven't had a chance to play C-Verse yet in TEW20 but this is making me want ditch my real world mod and get back into it.

<p>Battlebowl (20-person rumble) featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Emma May, Foxxy Larue, Hellcat Hernandez, Juana Hurricane, Toni Parisi, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo, Fuyoko Higa, HEART Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha, Unstoppable Tai, <strong>Ash Grover</strong>, Darkness Cat, Becca Barton, Teresa Perez, Houston Handley and Mariana Torres.</p><p> </p><p>

Champion Showcase: Alina America v <strong>Yuma Maruya</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Champion Showcase: <strong>The Experience</strong> v The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo lijima]</p><p> </p><p>

Champion Showcase: <strong>Little Miss Perfect</strong> v Megumi Nakajima</p><p> </p><p>

Triangle Championship exhibition: <strong>Gemmei Oonishi </strong>v Modesty Pador v Raquel Alvarado</p>

eKkpfKa.jpg

rFIw3TS.jpghmyqdwA.jpg

Y6bqDw1.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

[Airing on QAW.com]

Bomb: Welcome to my office QAW faithful! You are tuning into a special broadcast celebrating the new alliance between Queens of American Wrestling and 5 Star Supreme Wrestling in Japan, and we’re looking ahead to QAW Battlebowl 2020 where 5SSW’s best will be facing off with QAWs in a night of first ever dream matches. I’m joined by QAW

commentator (and owner) Farrah Hesketh, to take a closer look at the Joshi talent joining us.

Hesketh: Thanks for having me Bomb!

Bomb: What do you want the fans at home to know about this alliance?

Hesketh: It’s going to be incredible! 5SSW is a historic promotion that has been around since the 80s! I remember in my early career being invited to go on a tour with them, when the Joshi scene was thriving in the 90s, and I was simply blown away by the level of talent. And it really took me to the next level in terms of skills and being able to work with people from around the world. Fast forward to now and 5SSW is still the standard bearer for many women in the sport. That isn’t to say its better than the classic American style or Lucha Libre, which we here at QAW represent, but its a challenge to adapt to because its so different.

Bomb: You just referred to the ‘Joshi scene’, can you explain to our viewers who aren’t familiar?

Hesketh: Absolutely. It’s important to remember that ‘Joshi’ is not a style. There are a range of styles like we have here, and Joshi Puroresu is the same as other Puroresu, the major difference being the gender of the wrestlers. When it comes to 5SSW’s I would describe it as hard-hitting.

Bomb: I toured with 5SSW back in the day too and the style is hard on the body! Very physically intense! It doesn’t matter if they are big or small, everyone hits you very, very hard!

Hesketh: The toughest steel is forged in the hottest fire and that’s the opportunity we’re giving the QAW wrestlers with this alliance. You either come back from a tour with 5SSW a better wrestler or…

Bomb: Broken!

Hesketh: It isn’t for everyone. And the Joshi’s want to come to QAW and experience our style which will be a challenge for them too. We’re taking the women’s wrestling ‘scene’ to a new, global level and everyone is going to benefit.

eKkpfKa.jpg

2iV405k.jpg

Unstoppable Tai

[A short video of career highlights play]

Bomb: So in celebration of this momentous alliance QAW and 5SSW will be regularly exchanging wrestlers to build bridges and give the fans new and exciting match ups. It is a great honour for a QAW member to be selected for this tour and any future tours!

Hesketh: You’re flying the QAW flag in a brand new market and we’re not just going to send anyone over!

Bomb: I think Sensational Ogiwara was thinking the same thing because first up is the return of Unstoppable Tai! What do you think Farrah?

Hesketh: Well, we’re familiar with Tai already from the recent Tag Tournament. She is 6’2, 225lb of pure meanness!

Bomb: Unstoppable Tai is the kind of fighter I like to watch: Big, brutal and badass! She is powerhouse wrestler and we can expect lots of slams, lariats and general dominance out of her.

Hesketh: Her tag team with Toku Kijmuta ‘TermiNation’ has tasted gold on a couple of occasions recently, and even won the prestigious Tag Team Grand Prix.

Bomb: Y’know they remind me of my old team with Gorgon, we just wanted to get in the ring and break our opponents! 

Hesketh: And don’t be fooled by Tai coming here alone, she’s held the All-Asian championship twice as well. A very impressive feat and the Battlebowl being an over the top battle royal... it is going to be hard to eliminate her!

eKkpfKa.jpg

v6bUcMN.jpg

HEART Saitoh

Bomb: What do you think to HEART Saitoh?

Hesketh: If Unstoppable Tai is your kind of wrestler then Saitoh is mine.

Bomb: Yeah she has a whiff of those girls in The Line that you love so much…

Hesketh: I’m sure that’s a compliment.

Bomb: Sure!

Hesketh: She has 15 years of experience under her belt and was trained by the legendary Sensational Ogiwara herself! Get this, she earned the name ‘HEART’ from the fans because they loved her never say die spirit so much!

Bomb: It says that she is a 3 time All-Asian Champion, 2 time Tag Champ and a World Title reign under her belt. We’ve got ourselves a Triple Crowned competitor on our hands!

Hesketh: That is a very big deal! She is only the 2nd Joshi in 5SSW’s history to achieve that! HEART describes herself as a technical high flyer which is a very rare style to come by. She is known to target limbs and uses a few submissions but is very comfortable in the air. Everyone’s going to have to watch out for her Flying Knee Strike or they’ll be seeing stars during the Battlebowl!

eKkpfKa.jpg

d2RTj76.jpgLK2iTwe.jpg

Fuyuko Higa & Shiori Jippensha

Bomb: I didn’t know these two were a tag team!

Hesketh: A recent development! They are going by ‘The Honnari’. Which according to Japanese lore are powerful demonesses so that gives us an idea of what they stand for...

Bomb: Crystal clear. They are both controversial figures in the Japanese scene. I recall Higa’s manifesto where she announced her disgust of the Joshi scene which she felt had become over stylised and was focussing too much on looks. It pissed a lot of people off but certainly gained a lot of eyes on young Fuyuko Higa.

Hesketh: I think her manifesto lost its credibility because she called for wrestlers to be removed who ‘clearly didn’t belong’... But it seems as if Shiori Jippensha agrees with Higa’s thinking and the two are on a mission to rid 5SSW of what they refer to as ‘dead idols’. And when we say ‘idol’ its referring to people in the entertainment industry who are almost manufactured for it, and like we have bikini models in the ring here, the Joshi scene has Idols.

Bomb: I think if anyone is best placed to determine who belongs in the ring it is the ‘Excellence of Execution’ Shiori Jippensha and ‘Miss Perfection’ Fuyuko Higa! Both of them are out of this world talented all-rounders and have 23 years of experience between them. I can’t wait to hear what they think about the QAW roster, I’m happy to take some pointers on who doesn’t belong!

Hesketh: Anyway! Shiori has the much better record lets face it. She’s been awarded the ‘Female Wrestler of the Year’ award twice and is a 4 time 5SSW World Champion. A height that Fuyuko hasn’t reached yet. Why do you think that is?

Bomb: Fuyuko just hasn’t hit her prime yet. Shiori is slightly ahead in her career and yes, she has had a lot of success sooner than Fuyuko but these things are best assessed when we look back on an entire career. Maybe when it's all said and done Fuyuko will be the greatest women’s wrestler the world has ever seen. There is no doubt she has the potential it's just she hasn’t connected all the dots yet.

Hesketh: True, both of them are the past, present and future of Joshi Puroresu rolled into one and I cannot wait to see them in a QAW ring.

eKkpfKa.jpg

0BgKLVY.jpg

IIE5Gio.jpg

5SSW Triangle Champion: Gemmei Oonishi

Bomb: Our first champion!

Hesketh: That’s right, the Triangle Champion: Gemmei Oonishi.

Bomb: Farrah… What the hell is a ‘Triangle Champion’?

Hesketh: It’s a new title belt, just 2 years old, and is only defended in Triple Threat matches! It’s a little gimmicky but its proved very popular with the fans! Obviously, we don’t have a 4th title belt so Gemmei will be participating in an exhibition match with our own Modesty Pador and Raquel Alvarado.

Bomb: And what can you tell us about Gemmei?

Hesketh: Gemmei is a confident and charismatic high flyer! She is only 29 and has 10 years experience with 5SSW and has primarily been a tag team specialist her career claiming the Tag Championships 3 times alongside Fuyoko Higa. But many feel she is destined for singles success and she won the Grand Prix in 2018. Maybe the Triangle Championship is the first step towards a World Title run!

Bomb: And what about Fuyoko Higa, did Shiori edge her out of favour?

Hesketh: It is hard to say! Their tag team: ‘The Birds of Prey’ are still tagging but 5SSW doesn’t really promote stables like we do in QAW. It seems Fuyoko is juggling her time between the two alliances, for now.

Bomb: I’ve watched a few tapes of Gemmei and she is a wrestler that I used to hate facing. Very quick and nimble, I’d get gassed just trying to catch her. And her Flying Dagger Leg Drop is insane, I’ve never seen someone get so much air time on a leg drop before.

Hesketh: I think she is going to be a major challenge for Modesty and Raquel, who are both out of their comfort zones anyway in a triple threat. But that’s why they’ve been selected. I want to see them rise to the challenge.

Bomb: Raquel. Modesty. Piece of advice girls... gang up on her! Now, Farrah it’s been great having you with me but I’ve got some other guests on their way for the rest so…

Hesketh: What?

Bomb: Get the hell out of my office.

eKkpfKa.jpg

nUgPMJd.jpg

Gp651S4.jpg

5SSW All-Asian Champion: Megumi Nakajima

s4knF2k.jpg

QAW Shockwave Champion: Little Miss Perfect

Bomb: Little Miss Perfect, welcome to my office!

Perfect: This is major! And you are welcome Commissioner Bomb.

Bomb: … For what?

Perfect: This is a cute little office actually! The desk and files and stuff, it's very 9 to 5, mind numbingly boring--

Bomb: So you're going to be representing QAW at Battlebowl against 5SSW’s All-Asian Champion: Megumi Nakajima! I want to read you some of her accomplishments… 3 time World Champion! 3 time All-Asian Champion! Tag Champion! 2017 Grand Prix winner! The first ever 5SSW Triple Crown winner! I hate to say this but I am worried for you!

Perfect: Why?

Bomb: Because she is going to kick your ass!

Perfect: Ew, no. She is 33 years old. That grandma is 7 years older than me… Megumi Nakajima has climbed to the top, sure, but now she’s tumbling her way back down as I climb past her.

Bomb: So you’re going to win because you’re younger?

Perfect: I’m going to win because I am perfect. Everything I do is perfect. Have you seen my follower count? It is the highest in QAW.

Bomb: We might need to fact check that claim.

Perfect: People follow me because I am a winner too. People don’t want to follow a loser! I give my followers something to aspire to. I haven’t really bothered to check Megumi’s socials, because I like don’t even care, but I bet mine is higher. Hashtag blessed, hashtag winner vibes and hashtag perfect!

eKkpfKa.jpg

k3SHTEV.jpgk3SHTEV.jpg

cZNTZKD.jpg95dn4iF.jpg

5SSW World Tag Team Champions: Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo Iijima, 'The Storm Dragons'

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

QAW World Tag Team Champions: Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson, 'The Experience'

Bomb: QAW faithful, please welcome the QAW Tag Team Champions: The Experience! Lily Snyder, Ava Anderson, how do you feel about this alliance with 5SSW?

Snyder: We’re excited for it.

Anderson: Let's face it we have dominated the tag team scene here in the States to the point where we have no competition.

Snyder: None.

Anderson: This alliance gives us a whole new country to conquer and prove why we are the greatest women’s tag team of all time. Lilly & Rose, Las Amazonas, The Uprising all pale in comparison. So, Torment and Sorrow, Birds of Prey, The Kanto Express… We’re looking forward to giving you the experience of losing to us very soon.

Bomb: I notice you didn’t mention your competitors at Battlebowl just then, The Storm Dragons.

Snyder: We’re disappointed.

Anderson: Very disappointed. We would have much preferred to face the former champions The Uprising as we want a real challenge. The Storm Dragons have been around for all of a minute and got a fluke win the other week after they’ve sucked all year…! Is that really the best they have to offer?

Bomb: I think you’re selling your opponents a little short. They’re both long standing veterans in the ring. I think our viewers will be more familiar with Kinuye from her run with NOTBPW and Ochiyo is a well respected martial artist! With almost 30 years experience between them they’re going to give you a run for your money.

Snyder: They won’t.

Anderson: 30 years experience of mediocrity doesn’t measure up to The Experience because we have instant natural chemistry, and that special connection is something you either have or you don’t. The gold standard of tag team wrestling is sat before you, and Kinuye and Ochiyo can't even scrape bronze.

Snyder: Participation award at best.

Anderson: They are going to wish they never stumbled into their title reign because they are going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when they face us at Battlebowl.

eKkpfKa.jpg

TrnD5HQ.jpg

1amDdRa.jpg

5SSW World Champion: Yuma Maruya

ioKyjRi.jpg

QAW World Champion: Alina America

Bomb: Last but by no means least, Alina America! Welcome to my office!

America: Thank you for having me!

Bomb: Alina, as the current reigning QAW World Champion, what do you think of this alliance?

America: I don’t know if my fellow champions would admit to this but it is a dream come true for me. I didn’t have the easiest up bringing in Mexico. My family tried their hardest and when I was a little girl I was very happy but as I grew up I began to notice that we were actually very poor compared to other families. I thought it was normal for your parents to work at least 3 jobs at a time…! At times it felt as though the world was closing in around me and my future was decided already. But lucha libre saved my life. My abuela loved it! She would take me on special occasions to OLLIE shows and I just fell in love in as well. It was a total escape from reality and once I tasted it I didn’t want to let it go! So, when I was old enough I worked 3 jobs like my parents and saved up for wrestling training! At the dojo we used to swap wrestling dvds and one day someone gave me 5SSW Joshimania 2007, Sensational Ogiwara defeated Crusher Ichihara for her 8th world title reign. My eyes were opened to the wider world at that point, it was so different to lucha libre and everything that I thought wrestling was meant to be. It absolutely inspired me and 13 years later I’m here in America at the top of my game. And now I have the best of Japan knocking on my door to face me.

Bomb: You sure do! To be specific you have 6 time 5SSW World Champion Yuma Maruya knocking! So, are you going to defeat her?

America: Of course I am. Frankly, I can’t afford to think anything else! The woman has 17 years of experience. When I was learning how to bump on a crappy ring in someone’s backyard Yuma was winning championships. Before I even made my professional debut Yuma was a world champion! She is a one of a kind talent who can do everything I can, probably better too… She’s faced DEVIL Karube, Joanne Rodriguez and the Sensational Ogiwara herself...

Bomb: You don’t sound very confident!

America: When I was a little girl I used to look out of my window at the night sky and feel hopeless. The sky was so vast and I feared I would be stuck under the same patch of it forever. But I worked hard to chase my dream and I promise that little girl who dreamed of more that I will win at Battlebowl. Yuma Maruya, you may have notched some legendary names into your belt… But you will not claim Alina America's!

eKkpfKa.jpg

2020 Battlebowl Card

Battlebowl (20-person rumble) featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Emma May, Foxxy Larue, Hellcat Hernandez, Juana Hurricane, Toni Parisi, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo, Fuyuko Higa, HEART Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha, Unstoppable Tai, Ash Grover, Darkness Cat, Becca Barton, Teresa Perez, Houston Handley and Mariana Torres.

Champions Showcase: The Experience v The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo lijima]

Edited by Rhysrob

Meanwhile in Japan...

hmyqdwA.jpg

5SSW Challenge Tour Day#1

Date: Sat W2 May 2020

Attendance: 189

The show was taped to be used for future highlight packages

Dark match: Yukiko Matsumara def. Yu Hashimoto via pinfall in 09:42 [59]

[Also airing on QAW.Com with translated subtitles from Japanese]

The show opens with the legendary 9 time 5SSW World Champion and current 5SSW owner in the ring with mic in hand, behind her dressed in matching QAW tracksuits, are the QAW Gaijin, stood to attention. Surrounding the ring are the 5SSW roster in their own tracksuits...

WOkcKRE.jpg

wYxk6Nk.jpggolteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpgioKyjRi.jpga4zbi8b.jpgs4knF2k.jpgYlovj6V.jpg

5SSW Owner Sensational Ogiwara, Hellcat Hernandez, Lily Snyder, Ava Anderson, Alina America, Pinky Perez, Little Miss Perfect & Ash Grover

Ogiwara: [We are honored to welcome the important wrestlers from the Queens of American Wrestling to the 5-star Supreme Wrestling. We hope they are strong, ready to fight and will be great rivals with our own girls. Prove that women's professional wrestling is the best wrestling in the world! I hope you support them as much as you support your favorites. Please support them!]

[As the applause dies down the 5SSW World Champion: Yuma Maruya gets onto the ring apron and accepts the microphone from Sensational Ogiwara]

1amDdRa.jpgioKyjRi.jpg
Yuma Maruya & Alina America

Maruya: [Welcome QAW wrestlers. My name is Yuma Maruya. I am the 5SSW World champion... Alina America? So, you are the QAW World Champion, huh? The opponent for my American debut! I’m not impressed now. But I asked for you to by my partner for tonight’s 3v3 main event. Our opponents are tough! I hope you can fight! Let’s win together!]

[Alina breaks ranks and walks over to Maruya and the two stare each other down. Yuma eventually breaks the standoff by offering a handshake which Alina... accepts! Which gains the crowds approval]

[32]

mPWlmGg.jpg

Tag Match

IIE5Gio.jpgGp651S4.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

s4knF2k.jpgYlovj6V.jpg

Gemmei Oonishi & Megumi Nakajima vs. Little Miss Perfect & Ash Grover

The first ever cross promotion match featured a very talented, albeit random, tag team match. The two Joshi went to great effort to show Miss Perfect and Ash respect at the beginning of the match which Ash returned but Miss Perfect declined eliciting a serene smile from Nakajima who invited Perfect to begin the match with her.

The opening moments saw Nakajima completely out-wrestle her Battlebowl opponent as she had an answer for everything and then some causing Perfect to get frustrated and shove Megumi in the chest. This was met with a series of very stiff kicks to Perfect’s legs and she scrambled to Ash for the tag. Luckily for Ash, Nakajimi tagged in Oonishi, and to the surprise of many Ash was able to keep up with her more decorated opponent. The two entered a fast paced feeling out process with lots of rope running, drop kick attempts and flashy hand springs into arm drags and strikes ending in a stalemate which drew an appreciative round of applause and murmuring from the audience. A frustrated Miss Perfect tagged back in and tried to demonstrate the same sequence but ended up having Gemmei run in literal circles around her. Clearly someone hadn’t done her homework.

The finish of the match saw Nakajima back in as the legal competitor and put away Ash Grover with a Nakajima Straight Jacket suplex. Despite having got beaten fairly easily by the end of the match the audience were very appreciative of Miss Perfect’s comedy antics and Ash’s athleticism and eagerness to prove herself.

Winners: Gemmei Oonishi & Megumi Nakajima via pinfall 12:05

[56]

The match got the crowd buzzing

mPWlmGg.jpg

a4zbi8b.jpgyEIo5KV.pnga9HPk1L.jpg

Pinky Perez vs. Otsune Tsmura

The next match was without a doubt a showcase for the debuting Pinky Perez who essentially got almost 8 minutes to show what she was made of. Otsune to her credit played her part well and made Pinky look like a star, and the crowd in attendance responded very well to Pinky’s athleticism and high flying arsenal which many afterwards were questioning whether she was even far superior in that area to Gemmei Oonishi and Yuma Maruya herself. Pinky hit her Pink Butterfly Bomb [Double Underhook Powerbomb] finisher in no time and won herself many fans.

Winner: Pinky Perez via pinfall 07:65

[42] 

The match got the crowd hotter

mPWlmGg.jpg

Tag Match

rdEinZp.jpgzalQliq.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

OwfAiCD.jpgizVKl9f.jpg

The Kanto Express vs. The Red Widows

A slight change of pace as the action refocused on the regular roster but with a debut from EWA star Zofia Jankovic who had been roped into 5SSW by her long time rival Thea Davis, who has been on a distinct losing streak in Japan for the last 2 years. The match was pretty good as the four women had experience of working together in EWA in the mid-00s and traded the Women’s title between them.

MAYA and Thea treated the audience to a catch as catch can sequence and Thea showed off some joint manipulation to keep the crowd interested but unfortunately for Davis it was clear MAYA was slowing down for her. Even worse for Davis, her partner Zofia showed much more adeptness in the 5SSW ring and impressed with her martial art strikes which neither member of The Kanto Express had an answer for. The more experienced team prevailed though and Matsuda pinned Davis with her patented Run-up Rana [Hurricanrana Pin].

Winners: The Kanto Express via pinfall 08:39

[57]

mPWlmGg.jpg

Trios Match

wYxk6Nk.jpggolteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

33pNtC1.jpgcZNTZKD.jpg95dn4iF.jpg

Hellcat Hernandez, Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson vs. Kaede Sugiyama, Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo Iijima

Back to the Battlebowl build and the QAW contingent put in another good showing for themselves. The crowd didn’t quite know what to make of the Clenched Fist trio, particularly their leader Hellcat, as her heavily tattooed appearance combined with her nasty heel antics unsettled but fascinated the audience. Said nasty antics included eye rakes, using the ropes for illegal chokes and hurling verbal abuse at her opponents, again something the 5SSW crowd wasn’t used to. By contrast The Experience tag team were poised and despite benefiting from Hellcat’s methods preferred to out-wrestle the other team and assert their dominance that way, which they achieved more often than not.

Having Kinuye and Kaede on the other side helped matters as they had big time experience with the American style from their time in NOTBPW which helped bridge the gap between the various styles clashing the ring and they were able to lead the match but lacked the skill to make their Gaijin guests really pop. The finish of the match came when Lily Snyder hit Kaede with 2 Cut-Throat [saito] Suplexes and claimed the victory. After the match the QAW Tag Champions dropped their poised attitudes and joined in with Hellcat sneering at the 5SSW Tag Champions as they helped Kaede from the ring.

Winners: Hellcat Hernandez, Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson via pinfall 11:03

[55]

mPWlmGg.jpg

Trios Match

1amDdRa.jpgv6bUcMN.jpgioKyjRi.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

d2RTj76.jpgLK2iTwe.jpg2iV405k.jpg

Yuma Maruya, HEART Saitoh & Alina America vs. Fuyuko Higa, Shiori Jippensha & Unstoppable Tai

The main event kicked things back into the general standard expected from 5SSW. The QAW Champion insisted on proving herself first by taking on Unstoppable Tai and the two engaged in a classic speed v power exchange with Alina essentially using Tai as a climbing frame to assist with her flashier lucha inspired offence. After a few minutes it was ended abruptly with a sickening lariat from Tai who tagged out to Fuyuko Higa. 'Miss Perfection' did her best to make Alina look bad in the ring by seemingly increasing the work rate beyond what Alina was prepared for making her look out of her depth. Yuma entered the ring and broke up a submission attempt and rallied Alina to make a tag which she did and the Joshi’s took over the match for the remainder in a furious exchange as there was a lot to play for with Yuma’s challengers jockeying for position.

The finish of the match saw Yuma go to the top rope seemingly for a Moonsault only for Tai to intercept and set her up for the Tai Bomber [Crucifix Bomb], but luckily for Yuma, Alina chop blocked Tai’s knee from behind. From there the two World Champions put on double team offence of repeated Stereo Basement Dropkicks to a kneeling Tai eventually sending her to the mat. Alina encouraged Yuma to the top rope before she herself hit a Suicide Dive to the outside onto Fuyuko, Shiori and HEART. Yuma hit the split legged Moonsault on Tai and took the win. Post match a furious Higa and Jippensha stormed away from the ringside area leaving Tai behind as Yuma and HEART celebrated with Alina, seemingly accepting Alina into their good graces.

Winners: Yuma Maruya, HEART Saitoh & Alina America via pinfall 13:17

[66]

Show rating: 62

eKkpfKa.jpg

Battlebowl (20-person rumble) featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Emma May, Foxxy Larue, Hellcat Hernandez, Juana Hurricane, Toni Parisi, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo, Fuyuko Higa, HEART Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha, Unstoppable Tai, Ash Grover, Darkness Cat, Becca Barton, Teresa Perez, Houston Handley and Mariana Torres.

Champions Showcase: The Experience v The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo lijima]

OOC: We have another tour show before Battlebowl! Thanks everyone for the predictions so far... Hopefully the tour highlights don't make you regret your choices!

Edited by Rhysrob

The breakdown of the Joshi's was definitely useful to me who barely knew any of them, and it was a good way to contrast people like Little Miss Perfect/Alina America in how they view the whole thing.

I'm far from confident in my Battlebowl predictions but I think I'll stick with what I originally went for.

Glad it was helpful! I'm trying to flesh out LMP beyond being irritating so her experience working in Japan will hopefully elevate her. Same with Alina-- but I have a feeling all the 5SSW relationship will do is expose that she needs a lot more work...! I'm hoping she can hold her own better on home turf performance wise!

Meanwhile in Japan...

hmyqdwA.jpg

5SSW Challenge Tour Day#2

Date: Wed W3 May 2020

Attendance: 187

The show was taped to be used for future highlight packages

Dark match: Strike & Submit [Paige Croft & Romi Yamato] def. The Red Widows [Thea Davis & Zofia Jankovic] via pinfall in 09:36 [57]

[Also airing on QAW.Com]

Tag Match

JoXs4B4.jpgawPckGK.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

Ylovj6V.jpgs4knF2k.jpg

Team SUB [Chiyeko Kita & Etsuko Arihyoshi] vs. Little Miss Perfect & Ash Grover

Little Miss Perfect and Ash Grover were paired together again in the opener and, thanks to a viral videos now floating around of Miss Perfect getting her ass handed to her by Gemmei and Megumi, the QAW Shockwave Champion seemed much more engaged.

This amused the audience immensely as Miss Perfect's exuberance didn’t last long when Kita started peppering her with heavy leg kicks and she quickly tagged out to Grover. Again, Ash showed great potential mixing it up with the Joshi and got in a little bit of offence but it was cut short out of nowhere with a Strong Head Kick from Kita which Ash sold very well. Miss Perfect was seen dropping from the apron as Kita made the cover not even bothering to try and break it up. The keen eyed viewer would have noticed Christy Higgins, who was serving as a second in QAW’s corner, catching up with Miss Perfect as she exited.

Winners: Team Sub via pin fall 09:42

[59]

This got the crowd hotter and the show off to a strong start

mPWlmGg.jpg

Trios Match

a4zbi8b.jpgkYWJZHG.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

IIE5Gio.jpgQ7VWFa9.jpgnP4z1ct.jpg

Pinky Perez, Juana Hurricane & Pamela Rojo vs. Gemmei Oonishi, Hana Ajibana & Lady Lotus

Pinky looked to build on her last win in trios action teaming up with fellow QAW Gaijin Pamela Rojo & Juana Hurricane. The whispers of Pinky’s superior aerial prowess was enough for 5SSW to face her off with 2 of their best: Oonishi and Lotus, which resulted in the fans getting treated to some world class high energy exchanges, whilst Ajibana played second fiddle serving as someone for Juana to tie in knots to get over her technical wrestling skill.

The audience were quite enamoured with Pamela as she was clearly larger than everyone else in the ring and her striking red hair added to the intrigue but sadly her in ring performance let her down. At times it looked like she didn't quite know what to do and came across like a rookie which betrayed the fact she was easily the most experienced person in the ring. But really the match was about Pinky Perez who demonstrated she was on par with Gemmei and Lotus and the audience were even calling her name towards the end. Pinky masterfully played to the crowd and took a bow before she put Lady Lotus away with her Pink Butterfly Powerbomb in just over 10 minutes. 

Winners: Pinky Perez, Juana Hurricane & Pamela Rojo  via pin fall 10:56
[57]

mPWlmGg.jpg

Tag Match

d2RTj76.jpgLK2iTwe.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

rdEinZp.jpgzalQliq.jpg

The Honnari [Fuyuko High & Shiori Jippensha] vs. The Kanto Express [Machiko Matsuda & MAYA]

Business picked up with the next match as Shiori and Fuyuko put on an absolute clinic and were visibly challenging each other to out do the other’s brutality by applying more and more sadistic looking submissions.

The Kanto Express played their part well as the plucky faces and MAYA in particular gave The Honnari a run for their money wrestling on the mat. Despite not really needing to The Honnari bent the rules whenever they could and purposely broke the match down when Higa pulled MAYA down from the apron preventing a tag and beating her mercilessly on the outside, even hitting the ‘Higa Green Driver’ [Destino Driver] on the ring mats. This left Matsuda at the mercy of Jippensha who literally snatched her out of mid-air during a missile drop kick attempt and locked in the ‘Jippensha leg-lock’ [leg lock with grapevine] and twisted Matsuda’s knee hard causing an immediate tap-out.

Winners: The Honnari via submission 15:40

[66]

mPWlmGg.jpg

Tag Match

cZNTZKD.jpg95dn4iF.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

33pNtC1.jpga9HPk1L.jpg

The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo Iijima] vs. High Energy [Kaede Sugiyama & Otsune Tsumura

The next tag match was a much more civil, but unfortunately for the Tag Champions, a drop in quality. The civility came from the fact all four women had canonically been on good terms with one another, and Kinuye and Kaede had the NOTBPW connection, which often tied their fates together in 5SSW. The match itself was executed without any issues, after all they were all seasoned veterans, but perhaps lacked the innovation that younger Joshi were bringing to the table. The aim of the match was to highlight Ochiyo’s unique offence in amongst the high flyers and she did well in lighting up Kaede and Otsune with her crisp striking, eventually putting away Otsune with a ‘Paralysis Thumb Strike’ to the throat who dropped to the mat gasping for breath and unable to kick out.

Winners: The Storm Dragons via pin fall 09:53

[54]

mPWlmGg.jpg

Trios Match

1amDdRa.jpgSBli9KZ.jpgXwH8IOt.jpgyEIo5KV.png

ioKyjRi.jpggolteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

Yuma Maruya, Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte vs. Alina America, Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson

The main event was an interesting affair with numerous issues bubbling to the surface. This was the first time The Uprising had got in the ring since losing the 5SSW Tag Championships, thus denying the QAW Champions, The Experience, the opportunity to face them at Battlebowl. This was something The Experience had been vocal about online as they described it as a dream match and taunted The Uprising about it relentlessly. The Uprising didn’t particularly like Yuma Maruya either and the feeling was mutual, similar to Alina and The Experience’s feelings towards each other. But most of all this was the 5SSW & QAW World Champion’s first chance to scout each other as opponents before their face off at Battlebowl.

The Uprising and Experience worked a solid tag match formula and both teams took advantage of the rules much to the dismay of Yuma and Alina, who would refuse to join in on the antics when they got into the match. Alarmingly Alina looked completely lost during portions of the match and her lucha libre inspired offence looked particularly rehearsed and not up to the standard of what 5SSW fans were used to when it came to high flying. This was further exacerbated by Yuma Maruya looking absolutely head and shoulders above everyone else in the ring but at least got the crowd invested and had them buzzing by the end. Speaking of the end, this came after The Experience had Yuma set up for their finisher ‘Rock and Roll’ [superkick into a Bridging German Suplex] but Yuma ducked the kick from Ava who connected with Lily instead staggering her back in the ropes where Alina blind tagged in. After Yuma cleared the ring she walked right into hard right hand from Alina followed by her Southern Lights Bomb for the 3-count. The crowd in attendance cried out in shock at this but burst out into applause when Alina helped a dizzy Maruya to her feet and raised her hand in celebration.

Winners: Yuma Maruya, Talia Quinzel & Selina Svelte via pin fall 13:07

[57]

Show rating: 57

Edited by Rhysrob

<p>2020 Battlebowl Predictions</p><p> </p><p>

Battlebowl (20-person rumble) featuring: Danielle Sweetheart, Emma May, <strong>Foxxy Larue</strong>, Hellcat Hernandez, Juana Hurricane, Toni Parisi, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly, Pinky Perez, Pamela Rojo, Fuyuko Higa, HEART Saitoh, Shiori Jippensha, Unstoppable Tai, Ash Grover, Darkness Cat, Becca Barton, Teresa Perez, Houston Handley and Mariana Torres.</p><p> </p><p>

Champion Showcase: <strong>Alina America</strong> v Yuma Maruya</p><p> </p><p>

Champions Showcase: The Experience v <strong>The Storm Dragons [Kinuye Mushashibo & Ochiyo lijima]</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Champion Showcase: <strong>Little Miss Perfect</strong> v Megumi Nakajima</p><p> </p><p>

Triangle Championship exhibition: Gemmei Oonishi v <strong>Modesty Pador</strong> v Raquel Alvarado</p>

rFIw3TS.jpg

Battlebowl 2020

Date: Fri W3 May 2020

Attendance: 485

Broadcast on Wrestleworld: 19,463 viewers

Dark match: Ashley Keith, Black Diamond & Felicia Luck def. Sonnaz Shah & The San Diego Girls via pin in 09:50 [28]

sipJKl5.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

Alfonso Garcia & Farrah Hesketh

Garcia: Hola lucha fans! Welcome to the 2020 Battlebowl-a-go-go! My name is Alfonso Garcia and joining me, the ‘Jill-of-all-trades’: Farrah Hesketh!

Hesketh: They say everything is bigger in Texas and tonight’s show is just that and more. The biggest names in Joshi wrestling are here tonight from our partner promotion 5SSW. They have sent their very finest to face off against our own to establish just who is the best of the best!

Garcia: This is groundbreaking stuff Farrah and a first in women’s wrestling history!

Hesketh: And of course we will crown the first ever Battlebowl champion in tonight’s 20-person battle royal main event! With the winner claiming a world title shot at our Showdown event and a sizeable cash bonus!

Garcia: And bragging rights!

Hesketh: Our World Champion Alina America is nearing 6 months atop QAW and you know every single person in the Battlebowl is looking to knock her down.

Garcia: That’s an understatement. Well lets get into the action with our opening match which is the ‘Triangle Exhibition’! 5SSW Triangle Champion Gemmei Oonishi will face off against 2 of QAWs stars in a triple threat match. Farrah, what should we expect?

Hesketh: Triple threat matches can be disorientating if you don't have your wits about you and eyes in the back of your head! You could do the lion's share of the match and find yourself losing if you get caught out by the 3rd person. As the supposed champion of triple threats I'm expecting Oonishi to hold the advantage here. Plus she is an absolute superstar! But don’t discount Modesty Pador or '100% rudo' Raquel Alvarado.

Garcia: Let’s take it to the ring!

eKkpfKa.jpg

IIE5Gio.jpgyEIo5KV.pngOXZa5PY.jpgyEIo5KV.pngkL8gG60.jpg

Gemmei Oonishi vs. Modesty Pador vs. Raquel Alvarado

The match opened with a three way test of strength which Alvarado broke by kicking Pador's hand and landing a kick on Oonishi. Alvarado proceeded to bark orders at Pador and the two QAW wrestlers worked over Oonishi. However it didn't last long as Oonishi wasted no time in retaliating on a double irish whip with a springboard crossbody, quickly establishing that she was the high flying talent in the match. Oonishi sent both opponents into the corner and went for a running splash but ate turnbuckle as both QAW wrestlers got out the way and capitalised by stomping a mud hole in her. Again, Alvarado barked orders at Pador and demanded she drag Oonishi to her feet where they hit a delayed double vertical suplex. Alvarado went for the pin but Pador broke it up before the referee could even make a one count. This spelt the end for the short lived QAW alliance and Alvarado slapped the spit out of Pador’s mouth for it. The two entered a few sequences on the mat which was interrupted out of nowhere by an Oonishi missile drop kick which Pador caught the most of, sending her out of the ring.

The majority of the match followed a basic formula of Oonishi and Alvarado wrestling, and Pador trying to get in on the action only to be ejected from the ring each time. This was probably for the best as Alvarado was the only one capable of keeping up with Oonishi and they worked through her flashy moveset and really got the crowd behind the Triangle Champion. Eventually Pador dragged a tired Alvarado out of the ring and took her place against Oonishi and being the least damaged allowed Pador to gain a momentary advantage and lit Oonishi up with sharp looking strikes. Unfortunately, she took her eyes of Alvarado who pulled the middle rope down as Pador ran the ropes causing her to fall to the outside. The ending came quickly after that as Alvarado took a moment too long gloating and walked into a shotgun drop kick from Oonishi who followed up with her patented 'Dagger Leg-Drop' for the win.

Winner: Gemmei Oonishi via pin fall 12:24

[32]

This got the show off to a strong start

eKkpfKa.jpg   

In a pre-recorded promo Ronin3 alongside Vinny Cruz stand in the interview area...

pzCKefQ.jpgSuVbDw9.jpgKVTmboI.jpg8fP1z6s.jpg

Becca Barton, Foxxy Larue, Toni Parisi & Vinny Cruz

Foxxy: For months people have been saying I’m crazy for thinking there is a conspiracy against me. Apparently it is completely 'normal' for 3 forgettable wrestlers to band together in a deliberate effort to stifle my career! Well, to those people calling me crazy I invite you to watch the footage of me being heinously assaulted by QAW commentator, and owner, Farrah Hesketh. I was told by the medics afterwards that the sheer sloppiness of the DDT almost broke my neck, which would of ended my career, and potentially my life! Luckily there is no permanent damage and I can compete in, and win, tonight’s Battlebowl... But I’m still taking top legal advice on whether to press charges...

"Fortunately for you Farrah I could save you a big legal headache if you’re willing to meet my simple demands. My manager, Mr Cruz, has it all drawn up here in this contract, which we’ll present to Commissioner Bomb in full later today. But here is a little preview: me and my girls want a match against your pathetic pack of sycophants The Line. And not just a regular match, oh no! In a No Disqualification Street Fight with you as the special guest referee. I want to look you in the eye when I put Ash Grover’s head in a steel chair and crush it under my boot. And I want you to make the 3 count on your proteges pathetic career! Facts are facts, Farrah."

[32]

Garcia: That was quite the statement from Foxxy Larue there! Do you have any response Farrah?

Hesketh: It’s probably best I don’t for now…

Garcia: Oh! Yes, of course. Well the night of action has only just begun and next we have our first ever QAW champion vs 5SSW champion matchup! Our very own Shockwave Champion Little Miss Perfect is taking on 5SSW’s All-Asian Champion Megumi Nakajima. How do you fancy Perfect’s chances here Farrah?

Hesketh: I hate to say it but Miss Perfect’s arrogance has left her without much of a shot here. Not because she isn’t talented but because she's under prepared! We all know she is about her online presence these days and a cursory look at her social media shows she has been criminally under estimating her opponent tonight.

Garcia: Miss Perfect was one of the QAW stars to travel to Japan recently and has already faced Megumi in a losing effort. I think that was a wake up call!

Hesketh: A wake up call after she has hit snooze on the alarm 100 times. Megumi Nakajima is a future legend and someone you just don’t sleep on!  

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

Gp651S4.jpgyEIo5KV.pngs4knF2k.jpg

Megumi Nakajima vs. Little Miss Perfect

Business picked up in this match and Little Miss Perfect came out looking ready to compete. Granted she still came out doing an Instagram live but was uncharacteristically more serious in tone and asking her followers to cheer her on.

Unfortunately none of these followers were actually in the building and the QAW crowd booed her mercilessly as many felt she was overdue a beatdown in the ring. The match up was a technical affair with lots of character work from Miss Perfect trying to keep up with Nakajima and earn her respect. It was evident that Miss Perfect’s short stint in Japan had already benefited her, with some critics saying she had matches beyond what she was delivering in QAW. At the point where Nakajima eventually offered her hand in respect, Miss Perfect almost showed humility by accepting, but something stopped her and instead she kicked the hand away. This sparked a lively ‘Megumi’s gonna kill ya!’ chant from the crowd and Nakajima went to work showing off her striking and aerial offence. The match ended abruptly when Nakajima feinted irish whipping Miss Perfect but instead pulled her back in and locked her arms behind her setting her up for the Nakajima Straight Jacket Suplex, and the win.

Winner: Megumi Nakajima via pin fall 10:01

[44]

This got the crowd hotter

eKkpfKa.jpg

In a pre-recorded promo Juana Hurricane is stood in the interview area...

kYWJZHG.jpg

Hurricane: Y’know I don’t really remember what even started this feud between Hellcat Hernandez and myself. Frankly… I should have never of come down to her level. But I did and because of that one of my closest friends is at home right now wondering if they will ever be able to get into the ring again. Hellcat, pendeja, you are nothing but a low rent, wannabe gang banger and you’ve taken things to such a level that I don’t think this war between us can finish until one of us is bloodied on the floor, truly defeated. I’m not even thinking about who else is in the Battlebowl tonight. I’m coming for you!

In a pre-recorded promo Hellcat Hernandez is stood in the interview area...

wYxk6Nk.jpg

Hellcat: I don’t want to waste my breath on you for long but Juana when I see you next I’m going to beat your ass on sight! It’s that simple. You thought squaring up to me was a good idea and guess what? It wasn’t. And what happened to your girl, Alexis, was just a warning shot to remind you of your place. If you don’t learn your lesson from that then I’m real worried about what kind of misfortune could come your way. But that’s another story for another time because tonight I am focussed on one thing, and that is winning the Battlebowl. I am going to tear my way through 19 others and get myself that world championship shot. The bitches around here have been overlooking me for too long and tonight I'll grab their attention by claiming my rightful spot at the top!

[43]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Bossman Brayfield joins the commentary team...

vx1orto.jpg

Brayfield: I sure do like that Hellcat’s gumption!

Hesketh: It’s an acquired taste…

Garcia: Brayfield we’re getting ready for the big tag team face off where the newly crowned 5SSW Champions, Kinuye Mushashibo and Ochiyo Iijima are set to face your clients The Experience. How are your clients feeling about tonight?

Brayfield: They are frustrated! They were fixin’ to beat the tar out of those Uprising gals and instead we get this pair? It’s hardly a trophy win for them. But after tonight’s dismal performance by QAW you can thank The Experience for securing our first win.

Hesketh: You’re selling the Storm Dragons a little short, don’t you think?

Brayfield: The Storm Dragons are not big dogs in the world of tag team wrestling and if you can’t run with the big dogs, stay under the porch Farrah.  

Tag Match

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

cZNTZKD.jpg95dn4iF.jpg

The Experience vs. The Storm Dragons  

Critics would later describe this match as a revelation as it far surpassed everyone’s expectations. The build up to the match was around The Experience being disappointed in the quality of the newly crowned champions and given the choice wouldn’t bother with them. The Experience are arguably one of the best tag teams in the game right now and they were out to show their Joshi guests what QAW was about. The crowd was fairly familiar with Mushashibo’s run in Canada and was sold on Iijima’s martial arts gimmick, and to their credit The Storm Dragons had their working boots on and hung in there. In Japan their only crime would be being relatively unexciting compared to other teams whereas in QAW, in a fairly shallow tag division, they came across very well. Despite this, the ending was never really in doubt which prevented it from going to another level and Ava Anderson put Kinuye away with a ‘Thunderous Kick’ [Running single-leg drop kick] in just under 15 minutes.

Winners: The Experience via pin fall 14:34

[51]

eKkpfKa.jpg

After the match Brayfield leaves the announce table and starts directing traffic from ringside...

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpgvx1orto.jpg

a4zbi8b.jpgJx41iYM.jpgcZNTZKD.jpg95dn4iF.jpg

[The Experience pick up an out of it Kinuye and hit her with the Rock and Roll [superkick into bridging German suplex]. Ochiyo tries to put up a fight but is quickly overwhelmed by Lily and Ava who start laying in the kicks to her as the crowd boos and a horrified commentary team talk about the disrespect this shows to the QAW/5SSW alliance. On cue the number one contenders Las Amazonas charge the ring and The Experience (with Brayfield) make a break for it through the crowd. Las Amazonas help the Storm Dragons to their feet and raise their hands in victory to the delight of the crowd]

[28]

eKkpfKa.jpg

We cut to a pre-recorded promo from Danielle Sweetheart...

Vx65cOV.jpg

Danielle: At Big City Breakdown I tapped out to Emma May because she was the better fighter that night. Trust me I don’t find that easy to admit and I wish it never happened! But I refuse to shame myself for it... There is no shame in defeat, only in not fighting. I fought my hardest…! It just wasn’t good enough. But I want the people at home to remember that it's okay to make mistakes. It’s okay to fall down. But you have to get up, adapt and get yourself back out there! And that is what I'm doing! Tonight I have the opportunity to bounce back from defeat and win the Battlebowl. I am going to outlast 19 of the best wrestlers in the world today and I am going to remind each and every one of them what Danielle Sweetheart is made of!

[46]

We then switch to a pre-recorded promo from Emma May...

CCOiapt.jpg

Emma: I’m passed the deja vu feeling that Commissioner Bomb is throwing things between Alina America and myself. Last month I should have been the one facing Alina but I had to deal with Danielle Sweetheart. Tonight, I’m denied my title shot because we’re parading out Yuma Maruya in my spot… She doesn’t even go here! And now there is the potential of the Battlebowl winner taking my spot next month at Showdown too when I am the rightful number one contender! But I’m not going to let you get to me Bomb, because you’re actually fuelling me to fight even harder and tonight I'm entering the Battlebowl, and I intend on breaking 19 more people on my way to the gold because I am relentless in my pursuit of the world championship. Alina America, I hope you're watching!

[48]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

ioKyjRi.jpgyEIo5KV.png1amDdRa.jpg

Alina America vs. Yuma Maruya

The crowd in attendance had enough passing knowledge to know that any 5SSW World Champion was a big deal and gave the relative unknown Maruya a warm welcome. The two champions shook hands in the centre of the ring and interacted with the crowd to clap and stamp their feet before they locked up.

The two entered a lucha libre inspired sequence running the ropes and exchanging take downs into kips up and innovative escapes showing that both wrestlers were evenly matched speed wise and Maruya was more than prepared to match Alina’s style. The two women went for a drop kick at the same time cancelling the other out, landed on their stomachs and artfully performed stereo headstand kip ups to the crowds delight. Alina telegraphed a wild right swing which Yuma caught in a wrist lock and after a couple of wrenches Alina countered with a headscissor takedown which Yuma rolled through and landed hard forearm to Alina's chest which dropped her to the mat. This added spice told the crowd that Yuma was here to win and play the tweener role. The majority of the match kept the fast pace and both women going for winning moves, Yuma in particular kept going for a piledriver, but neither woman could build enough momentum before the other found a counter.

Unusually for an Alina America match she had a slight size and strength advantage and incorporated a few power moves into the match and even caught a Yuma hurricanrana attempt in a sidewalk slam position but instead ejected her outside through the middle rope. Alina rallied the crowd behind her, climbed the turnbuckle and hit a giant cross body… which ate mat as Yuma dodged it. The referee rushed to the outside to check on Alina who was clutching her stomach in pain but after determining she was okay to continue began a 10 count. At 7 Alina got to her feet which sparked Yuma to hit the ropes and attempt a suicide dive which Alina was more than prepared for and cracked Yuma in the face with a hard forearm as she burst through the ropes. The crowd was now on their feet as Alina had really rocked the 5SSW champion for the first time and Alina set her up for the Southern Lights Bomb in the centre of the ring. Yuma managed to wriggle free and countered with a snapping Saito suplex landing Alina on her head. The Joshi unleashed a roar that dwarfed her small frame and took to the top for the split-legged moonsault but was interrupted as Alina clubbed her on the back and climbed to the 2nd rope behind her. The crowd murmured anxiously as the two women jockeyed for position awkwardly as Alina managed to scoop Yuma up and nailed her with a sloppy avalanche Southern Lights Bomb and claimed a hard fought win.

Winner: Alina America via pin fall 13:23

[51]

The crowd was buzzing after this match

Garcia: What a match! I think Alina almost killed Yuma Maruya with that finisher though!

Hesketh: This is the level of competition that we want to see from now on in QAW and Alina America has shown the rest of the locker room that if you want to dethrone her you better be a world class talent.

Garcia: A nice touch of respect here as Alina is helping Yuma to her feet.

Hesketh: Alina and Yuma are class acts and I’d expect nothing less! They are showing that you can compete in that ring and leave it there, our sport doesn’t have to be based on hatred. This mark of respect is something a few QAW wrestlers could learn from…

Garcia: Well I can see a few names on the line up for the Battlebowl who you could be referring to, and speaking of, we are ready for our main event! Who is going to walk away tonight with the prestigious Battlebowl win and ticket to face Alina next month at Showdown for the QAW World Championship?  

eKkpfKa.jpg

Battlebowl 2020

20 person over the top rope lottery battle royal

Vx65cOV.jpgyEIo5KV.pngd2RTj76.jpg

#1 Danielle Sweetheart vs. #2 Fuyuko Higa

To the crowd’s shock fan favourite Danielle Sweetheart made her way out first with a determined look but the camera caught her face drop when Fuyuko Higa was revealed to be starting the match with her. For many in attendance this was a dream match and for 2 minutes they got a sneak preview of it! They locked up and Sweetheart got the advantage with a headlock which Higa quickly countered by stamping on Dani's foot and spinning Danielle throat first into the top rope and hitting a backstabber on the rebound. The crowd buzzed in disapproval at this display of underhand tactics and cheered Sweetheart on as she grasped at her back in pain. Surprisingly Higa allowed her to get back to her feet and the two locked up again this time Danielle sent Fuyoko into a sequence of running the ropes avoiding trips, leapfrogs and clotheslines from Sweetheart but eventually falling prey to an arm drag and Fuyuko just about dodged a ‘Sweet Superkick’ forcing her to retreat into a corner.

Fuyuko snarled and clashed with Danielle in their third lock up centre of the ring and the two went hold for hold on the mat which ended with an abrupt double clothesline wiping each other out as the first countdown began.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

pzCKefQ.jpg

#3 Becca Barton

The former NOTBPW Women’s Champion and current Ronin3 member marched to the ring with a bitchy scowl. Danielle and Fuyuko both rose to their knees in unison as Becca entered the ring and almost paused in anticipation which Becca happily broke by kicking Danielle in the face and mauling her with clubbing blows. This gave Fuyuko breathing space in the corner as she watched Barton pull out every underhand move she could think of ranging from raking her nails down Danielle’s back, rubbing her face along the ropes and stamping on fingers if given the chance. As Becca worked over Danielle in the corner Fuyuko eventually decided to join in the beatdown which Becca took exception to and head butted Fuyuko for her troubles and returned to working Danielle over. Fuyoko clutched at her face in the centre of the ring as the crowd counted down the 4 entrant.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

TdYJhEN.jpg

#4 Darkness Cat

The crowd gave a respectful pop for the high flying Darkness Cat who sprinted to the ring ready for action. Darkness' music was enough to break Becca's attention away from Danielle, and she turned into the centre of the ring alongside Fuyuko who was getting to her feet-- just in time for Darkness to spring onto the top rope and hit them both with a springboard dropkick.

Darkness played to the crowd and went up top again and squashed Becca with a flying cross body just as she had got to her feet. Instead of capitalising Darkness took to the top rope again [!] this time intending to take out Fuyoko. Except on this attempt Fuyuko landed a stiff body kick on the flying Cat. Before anything else could happen Danielle re-entered the fray with a spear to Fuyuko and the two brawled in the centre of the ring. Unluckily for Darkness this only saved her from Higa, and a recovered Barton stood menacingly over her...

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

k1PuN0x.jpg

#5 Teresa Perez

The music of the former 2 time tag champ Teresa Perez startled Becca away from Darkness Cat and she prepared for the arrival of Perez instead. Teresa hit the ring fast, ducked a clothesline from Becca, hit the ropes and scored jumping rana takedown. This prompted Fuyuko to break away from Danielle and she aimed a roundhouse kick at Teresa's head who ducked it, dropped Fuyuko with a kick to the knee and hit a hurricanrana driver which Fuyoko sold beautifully and she rolled out of the ring.

Teresa called Darkness Cat to help her get rid of Becca Barton who clung to the middle rope refusing to let go. Danielle joined her efforts to the conquest as the next countdown began.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

2iV405k.jpg

#6 Unstoppable Tai

The joint effort to eliminate Becca Barton stopped when Unstoppable Tai’s music hit and the 6ft2 monster stepped out through the curtain. The camera caught Danielle giving instructions to Teresa and Darkness and the three women stood in the centre of the ring waiting for Tai to enter, who did so by stepping over the top rope and waded right into the middle of the ring allowing herself to be surrounded.

Before Danielle could move Fuyuko Higa reached under the bottom rope and dragged her to the outside and unceremoniously tossed her into the steel steps. Throwing caution to the wind Teresa Perez charged at Tai who caught her by the neck and delivered a 2-handed chokebomb. A startled Darkness Cat didn't have time to react as Tai was already on her and picked her up in the same manner by the throat but instead of delivering a chokebomb just dumped her over the top rope onto Fuyuko Higa.

TdYJhEN.jpg

Darkness Cat Eliminated

Unstoppable Tai turned her attention back to Teresa Perez and military pressed her up and over the top rope this time dropping her onto Danielle Sweetheart.

k1PuN0x.jpg

Teresa Perez Eliminated

Becca Barton was very happy to witness this and gave Unstoppable Tai a congratulatory slap on the back which only served to piss Tai off and she grabbed Becca's hair and launched her over the top rope to join the others.

pzCKefQ.jpg

Becca Barton Eliminated

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

wYxk6Nk.jpg

#7 Hellcat Hernandez

The controversial Hellcat Hernandez swaggered to the ring clearly taking her time to avoid Unstoppable Tai. As she neared the ring she noticed Danielle Sweetheart and Fuyuko Higa catching their breath and decided to sacrifice them to Tai instead and tossing them in the ring.

Unstoppable Tai seized on them immediately and beal tossed Higa across the ring. This small opening was all Danielle needed though and she started lighting Tai up with lefts and rights pushing her back into the centre of the ring where Fuyuko joined the attack with her own leg kicks trying to cut down the larger opponent. The flash of rebellion drew Hellcat in and she stopped Danielle with a forearm to the back of the head and dragged her into a corner away from the Joshi stars. This didn’t deter Fuyuko though and she carried on peppering Tai with forearm shivers and leg kicks until she wasn’t as Tai caught her leg. But it was Hellcat who capitalised with a clothesline to Higa out of nowhere.

A surly Unstoppable Tai looked irritated but Hellcat did her best sign language for ‘friends’ but before we could learn if it was working the countdown had begun for the next opponent.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

Jx41iYM.jpg

#8 Mariana Torres

One half of the up and coming tag team ‘Las Amazonas’ unwisely sprinted to the ring unaware of the just blossomed alliance between Unstoppable Tai and Hellcat Hernandez. In a bizarre move Torres decided to scramble up to the top rope telegraphing an aerial attack and dove towards Tai who simply caught her in mid-air and slammed her to the mat instead. As Torres clutched her back in pain Hellcat motioned to Tai to eliminate her to which she obliged.

Jx41iYM.jpg

Mariana Torres Eliminated

This brief respite allowed Fuyuko and Danielle to recuperate and as Torres was eliminated they launched a surprise assault on Tai and Hellcat, with Danielle taking Hellcat and Fuyuko on Tai, and hammered them with everything they had. This strategy worked for Danielle who quickly had Hellcat clinging onto the bottom rope for dear life whereas Fuyuko had to resort to clinging onto Tai’s back with a sleeper hold applied which was not quite locked in...

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

aau0kzu.jpg

#9 Debbie Rose

The future tag legend Debbie Rose made her way out next and made a beeline for helping Fuyuko eliminate Unstoppable Tai. However, as Rose entered the ring Unstoppable Tai sensed danger and burst forward, with Higa on her back, and struck Rose with a big boot. Tai then put herself in reverse and crushed Higa into a turnbuckle forcing to release the sleeper and spilled over the top rope onto the apron. Debbie Rose scrambled back into the fray and grabbed one of Tai's legs while Higa tried to drag Tai over the top rope by the head.

In the other corner Danielle was in a stalemate with Hellcat who was well and truly glued to the bottom rope. Realising it was wasted effort Danielle turned to join the Tai elimination effort as Debbie Rose was kicked away. Sensing she was losing her grip Higa switched to a full nelson and Danielle measured Tai up and went for a superkick-- in the mere moments it took to connect Tai ripped free of Higa's grasp and Danielle connected with Higa instead, knocking her off the apron to the mat!

d2RTj76.jpg

Fuyuko Higa Eliminated

Before Danielle even registered her mistake she was mowed down by a shoulder block from Tai. And as Debbie got to her feet she was jumped from behind by Hellcat who grabbed a handful of hair and threw her by the roots over the top rope.

aau0kzu.jpg

Debbie Rose Eliminated

Danielle Sweetheart was now left sandwiched between Unstoppable Tai and Hellcat Hernandez who both had bad intentions towards her. The crowd started stamping their feet to rally Danielle who absorbed it and started landing rights on both of them in turn but was cut off by Hellcat raking the eyes and nailing her with headbutt. On Hellcat's instruction Tai grabbed a handful of Danielle's hair and started dragging her towards the ropes.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

TtUc3j8.jpg

#10 Pamela Rojo

The crowd were on their feet for Pamela as they knew if anyone could go toe to toe with Unstoppable Tai it was her. In the ring Tai abandoned her effort to eliminate Danielle and discarded her to one side opting to stand ready for Pamela in the centre of the ring. As for Hellcat, she wanted no part of her former partner and took a low profile in a corner just content to watch the clash.

Showing no fear Pamela entered the ring and walked right up to Unstoppable Tai in a tense face off, visually Pamela was still shorter and smaller, but the casual QAW viewer knew that Pamela was all about raw strength. Some inaudible words were exchanged but before anything escalated an impatient Hellcat pushed Pamela from behind into Tai which was enough to set off the Joshi and a brawl ensued. Pamela gained the upper hand momentarily but was cut off by throat thrust and pushed into a turnbuckle-- Tai went for a corner splash which Pamela managed to avoid and as Tai rebounded from the turnbuckle Pamela was able to lift her onto her shoulders and dumped her over the top rope to the apron.

Sensing an opportunity to eliminate both women Hellcat added herself to the mix trying to lift Pamela over as well but only really succeeded in giving Pamela an extra push into Tai.

2iV405k.jpg

Unstoppable Tai Eliminated

A sharp elbow from Pamela backed Hellcat off and a pissed off Rojo started stalking her old partner turned nemesis around the ring.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

kYWJZHG.jpg

#11 Juana Hurricane

Things turned from bad to worse for Hellcat, and rightly so, as another bitter enemy in the form of Juana Hurricane bolted to the ring and wasted no time in going for Hellcat who struggled to put up much of a defence as Juana battered her with punches. Perhaps wishing to just get rid of Hellcat sooner than later Pamela broke up the beatdown and pulled Juana away. A startled Hellcat used the ropes to pull herself up but Juana charged forward again with a clothesline that flipped Hellcat backwards over the top rope.

wYxk6Nk.jpg

Hellcat Hernandez Eliminated

As the camera panned back to Juana looking down on Hellcat from the ring the manic expression on Juana's became clearer and Juana hopped over the top rope and continued the beatdown on Hellcat much to the crowds approval triggering a 'let them fight!' chant to break out.

kYWJZHG.jpg

Juana Hurricane Eliminated

A bemused Pamela Rojo shrugged and scanned the ring for any threats and locked onto Danielle Sweetheart who was getting to her feet but was now bleeding slightly from the forehead thanks to Hellcat's earlier headbutt. The two had been partners recently but both understood that in this match friendships and alliances didn't count. They locked up with Danielle getting the better of the exchange with a headlock that Pamela easily swatted away sending Danielle into the ropes and caught her on the rebound with a spinebuster.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

LK2iTwe.jpg

#12 Shiori Jippensha

Next out was Shiori who walked confidently to the ring as Pamela kicked Danielle towards the ropes clearing a space. The casual viewer would probably mistake Pamela's power as an advantage here but in reality she was in danger against the 'Excellence of Execution' if she got too close.

Pamela rushed Jippensha as she climbed through the ropes and in the confusion of flying limbs Shiori grabbed one of Rojos legs and yanked it through the ropes. In an innovative, but devious, move Jippensha locked in a rope assisted leg lock and wrenched back. This had Pamela crying in agony but as there was no referee to break the hold and she was trapped in it for a good 20 seconds until Shiori lost her grip and Pamela was able to scramble into a corner clutching at her knee.

Now properly in the ring Shiori sized up Danielle and the two locked up going hold for hold vying for control.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

a4zbi8b.jpg

#13 Pinky Perez

The recently minted 'Ace of Mexico' aka. Pinky Perez charged the ring hitting Shiori and Danielle with dropkicks which forced Danielle to back away into a corner. Again, the fans were treated to a glimpse of a dream match as Shiori and Pinky squared off with Pinky demonstrating her flashy offence using rope assisted flips into arm drags and landed a great looking hurricanrana from the top rope.

The crowd were on their feet for Pinky as she charged towards Shiori and tried to hoist her over the top rope but couldn't quite do it as Shiori clung onto the middle rope. In the other corner Pamela and Danielle were brawling in a similar predicament.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

SuVbDw9.jpg

#14 Foxxy Larue

The 'Ultimate Diva' Foxxy Larue stomped out next and the crowd erupted in boos as there was no doubt she was the number 1 heel in the company at present.

When she entered the ring Pamela and Pinky broke away from their corners and Foxxy took them down with a double clothes line. She then hit Danielle with a running 'Flash Headkick' in the corner and then one for Shiori in the opposite corner. Ever the opportunist Foxxy targeted Pamela's leg and started laying in kicks to aggravate the injury, happy with her handiwork, she heaved Pamela up onto her shoulders and dumped her over the top rope and out the ring.

TtUc3j8.jpg

Pamela Rojo Eliminated

Taking too long gloating over her handiwork Foxxy didn't see Pinky Perez climbing the top rope and was nailed with a missile drop kick.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

bMS08Zm.jpg

#15 Kate Lilly

One half of 'Lilly & Rose' hit the ring fast and surprised Pinky with a spinning wheel kick, obviously a receipt for the loss to Las Amazonas last month. Commentary noted that Kate and Debbie had recently signed QAW contracts and Lilly would be out to put in a better showing than Debbie did earlier. And to her credit she hit each woman in the ring with crisp slams and suplexes and for a moment looked dominant. After nailing Pinky with a headscissor takedown Foxxy shot out the corner with a Flash Headkick attempt which Kate dodged with a backbend causing Larue to crash into the ropes, and sensing opportunity Kate grabbed Foxxy from behind and lifted her over the top rope with Fox landing on the apron resulting in in the two struggling for control whilst the other 3 (Danielle, Shiori & Pinky) slowly recovered in a corner each.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

KVTmboI.jpg

#16 Toni Parisi

If it wasn't for Toni then Kate would have likely eliminated Foxxy. But that wasn't the case as the Ronin3 member came to her leaders rescue by clutching onto Kate's feet through the ropes destabilizing her balance allowing Foxxy to regain her own. With her opponent thrown off Foxxy grabbed her by the hair and pulled her over the top rope and pushed her off the ring apron.

bMS08Zm.jpg

Kate Lilly Eliminated

As this happened Shiori was working over, a now bleeding heavily, Danielle Sweetheart over in one of the corners. When she noticed Kate's elimination and the Ronin3 alliance entering the ring she opted to play nice with them and tossed Danielle towards them like scraps to lionesses. Not one to forget old grudges Foxxy ordered Toni to hold Danielle up and Fox took the opportunity to talk some smack. Ever defiant Danielle struggled and kicked Foxxy in the gut and slipped out of Toni's grip catching her in the face with a back elbow. Taking the advantage Danielle lifted Foxxy up and charged her back into a corner. Meanwhile Shiori and Pinky were struggling to eliminate each other in the opposite corner.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

SQGwtpT.jpg

#17 Houston Handley

Houston came out swinging and clashed with Toni in the centre of the ring with the fresher Houston taking control and suplexed Toni legs first into the ropes. Satisfied with her handiwork Houston saved Danielle from being eliminated by Foxxy. This only enraged Foxxy who lashed out and laid kicks into Houston's midsection creating some space between the two. Undeterred Houston went in again on the attack backing Foxxy into a corner which was Foxxy's plan and she got her legs up around Houston's head and twisted over the top rope proving the 'control the head control the body' saying true.

With Houston over the top rope the taller Foxxy released hold and applied a sleeper from inside the ring, using the lower rope for added height and leverage. Upping the viciousness Foxxy kicked Houston's legs out at the knee essentially allowing Foxxy to hang Houston just off the apron in a sleeper hold.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

Ylovj6V.jpg

#18 Ash Grover

'Texas Tough' came out hot but was stopped in her tracks by the sight of Foxxy Larue hanging Houston by the neck over the ring apron. With a devious smile Foxxy released her arms suddenly and Houston plummeted to the mat below.

SQGwtpT.jpg

Houston Handley Eliminated

The drop meant Houston landed quite hard and Ash checked on her comrade before charging under the bottom rope where Foxxy was immediately all over her with clubbing blows to the back and grabbing at huge handfuls of hair. Never one to back down Ash weathered the storm and even managed to get to feet and started exchanging punches with Larue in the middle of the ring, and managed to string 3 in a row together, until Toni grabbed her around the waist and delivered a German suplex.

The two Ronin3 members lifted Ash up and started trying to throw her out the ring but this time Danielle came to the rescue and pulled Ash back down. In the other corner, Shiori had Pinky in a precarious position half over the top rope and was using all her energy to break Pinky's vice grip holding her to safety.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

v6bUcMN.jpg

#19 HEART Saitoh

Although an unknown in the states the crowd couldn't help but pop for Saitoh's upbeat theme music and bubbly charisma as she made her to the ring. Sensing her old foe coming Shiori broke away from Pinky and walked straight into Saitoh's flying knee which knocked her backwards towards Ash Grover who pulled the top rope down causing Shiori to spill onto the apron. Saitoh flew in again for another high knee and eliminated Shiori with ease.

LK2iTwe.jpg

Shiori Jippensha Eliminated

The match turned into a flying knee party briefly as Saitoh had one in store for everyone left. Saitoh played to the crowd and then assessed the remaining players and opted to go after Foxxy and started trying to grind her down.

Ash and Pinky got to their feet next and took the opportunity to show off their lucha styles performing acrobatic sequences with lots of arm drags and ranas, which served to show off Ash’s recent improvement and also reminded everyone despite her cowgirl getup she was a luchadora at heart. However, it also reminded everyone that ‘The Mexican Ace’ was on another level. The sequence ended with Ash going in for a cazadora roll through which Pinky blocked and dropped her with a brutal cradle tombstone piledriver. The move was perhaps a little too brutal as Pinky was then unable to get the dead weight of Grover up for an elimination.

Saitoh and Foxxy took centre stage next as Saitoh hit the ropes and caught Fox with headscissors into a fujiwara armbar taking Fox down to the mat hard. Foxxy cried out in pain and Toni Parisi broke the hold up with a stiff boot to the face of Saitoh.

5, 4, 3, 2...1!

CCOiapt.jpg

#20 Emma May

Last but by certainly no means least was the number one contender for the world championship: Emma May.

Emma showed no urgency to enter the match and was content to jaw jack with fans instead. This aggravated Danielle Sweetheart [now bleeding heavily] and the two clashed in the aisle way.

Inside the ring Pinky boosted herself onto Foxxy’s shoulders and the pair wobbled towards the ropes and the two became tangled. Once again Parisi saved her leader with a well placed drop kick to Perez and Foxxy finished her off with a kick to the stomach which knocked her off the apron.

a4zbi8b.jpg

Pinky Perez Eliminated

Saitoh and Ash jumped Foxxy and Toni before they could regain any composure. This time it was Toni with Ash on her shoulders who was attempting to mimic Pinky’s failed attempt to victory roll Foxxy over the top rope. Fortunately for Ash she fared much better and unfortunately for Toni her stable mate didn’t make the effort to save her from being eliminated.

KVTmboI.jpg

Toni Parisi Eliminated

The Battlebowl was now down to 5, even though Emma May was still not officially in the match. Her Furies stable mates Honey Badger and Marie Punnen came out to help their leader and smashed Danielle into the guardrail multiple times. Emma May gave instructions to keep Danielle there whilst she took care of business.

In the ring, Ash and Fox were brawling as Saitoh was slowly getting to her feet having had her bell rung by Foxxy a moments previous. The crowd did their best to warn the Joshi star that Emma May was now stood behind her but it wasn’t enough and Saitoh stumbled into a Kirifuda Clutch which May used to drag her towards and over the top rope.

v6bUcMN.jpg

HEART Saitoh Eliminated

The crowd roared their disapproval at Saitoh’s elimination but their attention was quickly drawn to Ash back body dropping Foxxy over the top rope causing Fox to land precariously on the apron. Ash then landed a hard forearm to the face but it wasn’t enough to eliminate her nemesis. As Ash threw her fist back for the final blow she was stopped by Emma who spun her into the middle of the ring and followed up with step up knee to the face. Before Emma could continue the assault Foxxy barged her out of the way and picked the bones by tossing Ash over the top rope.

Ylovj6V.jpg

Ash Grover Eliminated

As if on cue outside the ring Danielle started rallying against Honey and Marie.

Inside the ring Emma and Foxxy were engaging in a shoving match which morphed into a slugfest which Foxxy got the upper hand on. On the third consecutive forearm Foxxy picked May up for a spinebuster but this played into May’s wheelhouse who locked in a guillotine choke. The taller and stronger Foxxy remained on her feet. The crowd wasn’t sure who to cheer on as they watched Foxxy fall to one knee but to their delight Danielle suddenly returned to the ring, having fought of The Furies, and clocked Emma across the face with a Superkick.

A coughing and spluttering Foxxy rolled towards the bottom rope as Danielle pressed the attack on May gaining a full mount and rained down blow after blow. Eventually regaining her composure and remembering the rules Danielle dragged Emma up and tried lifting her over the top rope but the fatigue was clearly set in and she didn’t have the strength which resulted in Emma swatting her away with kicks.

The match reset with the visual of a bloody and exhausted Danielle caught in between Foxxy and Emma. A rock and a hard place. Of course the two rudos united and quickly had Sweetheart fighting for her life clinging desperately to the top rope. Just as it was looking like an elimination the crowd was stunned when Emma turned on Foxxy as her guard was down and dumped her over the top rope instead.

SuVbDw9.jpg

Foxxy Larue Eliminated

As Foxxy threw an absolute fit at ringside Emma dragged Danielle back into the centre of the ring and was visibly playing with her food as she stamped on Danielle’s head and taunted the crowd announcing herself as the winner. The crowd was on their feet calling for Danielle to fight back but things looked hopeless as she was quite literally a crimson mask at this point.

Emma finally had enough and yanked Danielle up by her hair continuing to talk smack-- red mist! Well, not quite, but in a last ditch effort to fight back Danielle sprayed some of the blood in her mouth in Emma’s direction which was enough to make her leap back with surprise.

This space was enough for Danielle to catch her with a 2nd Superkick which didn’t quite get the full hit but was enough to send her into the ropes where a vengeful Larue tripped May's leg. This gave opportunity for a 3rd superkick which lifted Emma of her feet and over the top rope to the outside.

CCOiapt.jpg

Emma May Eliminated

Vx65cOV.jpg

Danielle Sweetheart won the 2020 Battlebowl 55:56

[52]

Garcia: Danielle Sweetheart did it! This QAW crowd is on their feet!

Hesketh: What an amazing showing by Danielle, she really is the Queen of Hearts tonight! The fans adore her!

Garcia: I'd say she needs some medical attention though. You can see the doctors appearing now to try and stop the bleeding, I think she caught that from Hellcat's headbutt earlier in the match.

Hesketh: Getting in a QAW ring is no joke Alfonso!

Garcia: Clearly. What does this mean for the world title picture? The number one contender was eliminated at the final hurdle.

Hesketh: We both know Emma May isn't going to go quietly into the night.

Garcia: No she won't! I'll guess we'll find out at QAW Starshow. That's all we have time for lucha fans! Goodnight!

Hesketh: Goodnight!

Show rating: 50

Edited by Rhysrob

Y6bqDw1.jpgrFIw3TS.jpg

[Airing on QAW.com]

Bomb: Welcome to my office QAW faithful! The 2020 Battlebowl is in the books and the first ever official Battlebowl champion has been crowned in Danielle Sweetheart. Now don’t get me wrong, I didn’t have any bets on Sweetheart owing to fact she was out at #1… And on account she was bleeding all over my ring for most of the match... And let's face it Danielle has had a rocky year of late what with Emma May kicking her ass so I was surprised as anyone when she pulled it out the bag! And it goes to show you can never keep a good woman down. So, per the Battlebowl prize Danielle Sweetheart will receive a World Championship opportunity against our champion Alina America at our next event: The Showdown!

"Also on the card the QAW World Tag Team Championships will be on line as The Experience will defend against Las Amazonas! These two teams have been at odds for the better of a year with The Experience out to show that no newcomers will make a name off of them. And I haven’t forgotten the Shockwave Champion Little Miss Perfect’s dismal performance at Battlebowl or that pinfall loss to Modesty Pador at Big City Breakdown. So I’m giving Modesty one more shot at the title!"

"In addition I am very happy to announce a new signing to QAW, in my opinion a true star, AAA Triple Crown Champion, 'The Mistress of the DDT!' Steph Blake will be making her debut! And I have lined up a real doozy of a welcoming committee as she will be facing off with 'Red Alert' Pamela Rojo!"

"Now… I think it’s high time we settle some ongoing wars in QAW and 'Showdown' just sounds like the perfect event to do that, doesn’t it? Juana Hurricane, Hellcat Hernandez listen up! You two have been at each other’s throats for months and I know Juana you’re itching to get your hands on Hellcat… See, I was quite taken with your words at Battlebowl, about being bloodied and defeated in order to end things once and for all. So, at Showdown it’ll be Hurricane v Hernandez in a First Blood Match! And as for Ronin3 and The Line’s issues, Vinny Cruz I received your demands and contract for the match-- I have to say I was impressed as I didn’t know you could write! But it made for a compelling read and Farrah Hesketh is happy to meet those demands after consulting with The Line. So, Ronin3 v The Line, No DQ trios with Farrah as the special referee is official!… Oh, I forgot to mention the extra stipulation you asked for in the small print! If Ronin3 win then The Line has to leave QAW forever. Can’t wait--!"

[The promo is suddenly disrupted by shouts from outside Commissioner Bomb’s office of ‘stop!’ and ‘you can’t go in there!’. The door is kicked open and the camera pans to Emma May stood in the entrance way with a face of fury]

CCOiapt.jpg

May: Where. Is. My. Title. Match?!

Bomb: Now now Em--

May: You are pushing your luck with me Commissioner!

[Emma May stalks around the desk and stands nose to nose with Bomb who stands her ground. But you can tell she is slightly caught off guard]

May: I am owed what is rightfully mine!

Bomb: And you will receive it, just not at The Showdown.

May: Say that to me again…

Bomb: Threatening me isn’t going to get you anywhere.

May: Maybe not. But breaking your arm on your own desk might make me feel better…

Bomb: I’m sure it would. You are the number one contender Emma but you lost at Battlebowl. It’s as simple as that. If you want to be the best you’ve got to be the best at all times.

May:

Bomb: I have a plan for you at The Showdown. A real challenge all the way from 5SSW. Someone I hand picked as a worthy opponent for you to show the women here you’re not just an MMA gimmick but you’re the real deal! And then you get your shot at whoever wins between Alina and Danielle.

May: I’ll play your game for one more match. But after that I am done. Do you understand?

Bomb: I do.

eKkpfKa.jpg

The Showdown Predictions

QAW World Championship: Alina America © vs. Danielle Sweetheart

QAW World Tag Team Championship: The Experience © vs. Las Amazonas

QAW Shockwave Championship: Little Miss Perfect © vs. Modesty Pador

No DQ Trios: Ronin3 v The Line [if the Line lose they must leave QAW]

Special Guest Referee: Farrah Hesketh.

First Blood Match: Juana Hurricane vs. Hellcat Hernandez

Singles: Pamela Rojo vs. Steph Blake

Singles: Emma May vs. ???

[OOC] Previous prediction round:

KyTeran: 2/5

Historian: 2/5

Christmas_ape: 4/5

Herrbear: 2/5

Mimimikuri: 3/5

Congratulations Christmas_ape (again) I'll be in touch with the prize! And thanks to everyone for putting in predictions. And particular thanks to Historian for nominating some of diary for DOTM-- It means a lot but also made me go back and re-read it and it's funny how even after 100 proof reads there are still mistakes... not least realising I’ve spelt Fuyuko’s name wrong for years!

I have to say Battlebowl was tricky to write, not least because I stupidly lost half the write up and had to start again! That was annoying to say the least. And the show itself was underwhelming considering the amount of talent in it. Unsurprisingly the 5SSW talent performed really well in their matches and could come over to QAW and become stars! The same couldn't be said for some of the QAW stars touring with them...! For the likes of Ash Grover and LMP it has shown they can go to the next level... For the likes of Pamela Rojo and Alina America? Not so much. I was really disappointed with Alina's performance there, and at Battlebowl, Maruya absolutely carried things! Which doesn't feel right on home turf for my number one franchise player...

Judging by the predictions no one saw Danielle winning Battlebowl, but i have a feeling it was more interest in other characters than a swerve! Few reasons for her win such as being a stickler for adhering to how QAW starts canon wise and riding out the storylines, some injuries that occured before the match, some things that ALWAYS happened in previous sims HAVEN'T happened in this game [annoying but good i suppose] and, generally trying to salvage her pop after losing to Emma, which really damaged her. I still haven't quite figured out how to keep my top players in the franchise players grid simultaneously... I know its pop/momentum/gimmick etc. but Danielle/Foxxy have dropped out of it somewhat inexplicably. Any advice?

Anyway, just The Showdown and QOTR to go and then it's open water in terms of creative direction and forging different storylines which I'm looking forward to. Always happy to take feedback and suggestions on where to go next :)

Edited by Rhysrob

Wow, Battle Bowl was a great show and a great read as well! Really impressed with the effort you're putting into each show. Disappointed we didn't get a 5SSW winner for the Battlebowl match but hey, can't win em all!

Looks like you're slowly building for an Emma v. Alina match, which will be fun.

The Showdown Predictions

Sweetheart had a huge win but i can see America keeping it for a bit longer

Secretly supporting Ronin3 though - can't help rooting for underdogs!

Singles: Emma May vs. ???

May to win and build momentum on her way to challenge America

Enjoyed the big show and happy for Danielle although I'd be surprised if she goes on to win now.

Special Guest Referee: Farrah Hesketh. I can't see all members actually leaving QAW but perhaps they could disband.

Singles: Emma May vs. ??? [bonus if you guess who it is!] Higa

Singles: Emma May vs. Heart Saitoh [bonus if you guess who it is!]

The Showdown Predictions

Singles: Emma May vs. ??? [bonus if you guess who it is!]

Meanwhile in Japan...

hmyqdwA.jpg

5SSW Wrestle Challenge XII

Date: Fri W1 June 2020

Attendance: 888

Broadcast on Shogun TV: 14,867 viewers

Dark matches: Zofia Jankovic def. Thea Davis via pin [56]

Christy Higgins & Little Miss Perfect def. Yukiko Matsumara & Eri Sato [56]

Main card:

5SSW World Championship: Yuma Maruya def. Alina America [67]

5SSW All-Asian Championship: Megumi Nakajmi def. Pinky Perez [76]

5SSW World Tag Team Championship: 'And new champions'The Honarri def.

The Storm Dragons, The Uprising & The Experience [67]

Four Corners Match : HEART Saitoh def. Miwako Katsukawa, Sae Akutagawa & Toku Kijmuta [69]

8-Person Tag Match: Kanto Express & Strike and Submit def. Torment and Sorrow & Team SUB [71]

Triangle Championship: Gemmei Oonishi def. Ash Grover & Kaede Sugiyama [62]

Trios Match: Otsune Tsumura & The Nihon Knights def. Monster Ishimura, Pamela Rojo & Juana Hurricane [54]

Show rating: 67

mPWlmGg.jpg

1amDdRa.jpgioKyjRi.jpgYlovj6V.jpg

The audience in the Kansai Hall in Japan roared with approval as the 3 count was made on Yuma Maruya’s title defence against Alina America. A few weeks ago Yuma, along with other Joshi, came to the States to compete at QAW Battlebowl, where she was defeated by Alina to set up this historic title match on the other side of the world. 

A handful of QAW wrestlers had gone on tour with 5SSW to help build a closer alliance between the two companies and one such wrestler, or gaijin as they were referred to, was Ash Grover. Despite knowing that Alina was going to lose she couldn’t help but bury her face in her hands when she was defeated. The rest of the locker room would tease Ash about getting too invested in storylines and matches but she didn’t care-- it was.

kYWJZHG.jpga4zbi8b.jpg

“Ash! Snap out of it!” Juana demanded from inside the ring as she and Pinky Perez attended to Alina with water and heat spray. Ash suddenly became aware of her surroundings again and realised she was stood ringside with a bucket in hand when she was meant to be in the ring helping Alina sell her battle. Ash rolled into the ring and joined her colleagues in attending to Alina who was muttering in Spanish to Juana and Pinky. 

After a post match promo by Yuma, which Ash barely understood but knew it to be positive, Ash picked up the ringside gear and trailed behind Pinky and Juana as they supported Alina backstage. As Ash walked through the curtain she was greeted by the remainder of the QAW contingent who had collected by the curtain to watch the match live rather than via a monitor. They applauded Alina who graciously shook hands with each of them before continuing to the locker room clutching the back of her head. One such wrestler that got just as invested in the business was Sarah Taylor [aka. Little Miss Perfect] who was standing with her hands behind her head obviously still coming down from the tense match.

s4knF2k.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

“Damn that was close! They should have had Alina win, how cool would that be?” she said.

“Very!” Ash agreed. “Maybe on the next tour eh?”.

“Maybe we’ll be tag champions by then?” Sarah quipped, referring to their streak of tag losses on the tour.

“Watch out Lily and Ava!” Ash replied with a fist bump.

“There shouldn’t be a next tour if they aren’t going to pay us properly for it!” Pamela Rojo interjected angrily as she stormed by. 

“What’s her beef?” Said Sarah scowling after Pamela.

Ash knew that Sarah knew exactly what Pamela was referring to but didn’t want to get into it. Many on the tour saw the opportunity to work 5SSW as an honour and understood why the money wasn’t there yet, after all, there was heavy rumours about 5SSW’s finances. Ash shrugged at Sarah and they walked together towards the locker room. During the short walk to the changing area Ash suddenly realised that she might not have this experience again and reminded herself to savour each and every moment until the plane ride home the next day. She made a mental note of the humidity in the air and smiled extra hard at each 5SSW Joshi who walked past, except Unstoppable Tai, you didn’t smile at Tai…

“Do you think we’ll get asked back?” Sarah asked.

“Gosh, I sure hope so! I think we did good, I know people been saying it was your best work yet!” Ash said.

“Oh yeah? Thanks. Same could be said about you too! I overheard Pinky and Juana saying you were doing good work.” At this Ash burst into a huge grin as it was an unspoken fact that Pinky Perez was one of, if not the, top QAW wrestler at the moment. “I even overheard them saying Alina was in tears after your match on Wednesday.”.

Sarah continued in a hushed tone, referring to a trios match where Ash, Alina and Juana had won a match together. “They were talking in Spanish but I guess they haven’t figured out I can figure out most of what they are saying thanks to Modesty and Cat teaching me!”.

Ash paused for thought. There was no denying that Alina had been noticeably underperforming on the tour, which was made worse by Pinky going out every night and tearing the house down, and without a doubt she and Megumi Nakajima had stolen the show tonight. But Ash also knew that Alina wanted to represent QAW to the best of her ability, but wasn’t adapting to the rougher style as easily as she hoped.

“It must be stressful to be in her position” Ash said diplomatically.

The two women reached the locker room and entered. Ash scanned the room and immediately clocked Fuyuko and Unstoppable Tai in one corner, who glared at the entrants. Ash and Sarah made a pointed effort to avoid their gaze and walked rigidly to their spot amongst the gaijin and joined Christy Higgins and Thea Davis.

oZsMxSe.jpgOwfAiCD.jpg

“What’s up bitches?” Said Christy nonchalantly. 

“Christy” Ash said with a nod. Christy made Ash nervous.

“So, what’s the plan tonight?” Sarah asked referring to the big final night party that Christy was helping organise.

“The 5SSW girls are taking us to this karaoke place, HEART told Thea that they have the whole place booked out! Apparently the girls get pretty wild!” Said Christy excitedly.

“They sure do, we’re going to be hanging tomorrow. Good luck on the flight!” Thea added with a smile. “I know I could do with a drink after this tour… They aren’t going to want me back after they’ve seen Zofia...!”.

“Isn’t she your tag partner though?” Ash said.

“And? One tag partner always eats the other one in the end” said Thea standing up with her bag. “So f*** it! Lets party! See you later.”.

Ash busied herself untying her wrestling boots as Sarah started quizzing Christy about the night ahead. These were the moments that Ash dreaded. The moments where she was expected to party and let loose. They often exclusively involved drinking, a lot. It wasn’t that Ash didn’t know how to have fun sober or was concerned about relapsing, but she knew a stressful night was ahead as her 5SSW hosts were none the wiser and would no doubt be keen for her to join in. Ash had already witnessed how alcohol caused the language barrier to crumble and friendships begin. Ash hadn’t experienced that bonding moment with anyone yet like she'd seen some of the other QAW women do. 

“So, what are you going to sing Ash?” Sarah said. “I’m thinking of ‘I wanna dance with somebody’ by Whitney!”.

“No Doubt’s ‘Just A Girl’ for me!” Christy added.

“Oh my. I don’t know…” Ash Stuttered, painfully aware she didn’t want to sing in front of everyone sober.

“Is this your first rodeo cowgirl? I bet you’ve got a great voice under that Texan accent!” Christy teased.

“'Sure’nuff'! Maybe ‘Jolene’ by Dolly?” Ash replied.

“Perfect! Listen, I need to go and do my post show live stream. I’ll see you at dinner?” Sarah said, definitely living the gimmick.

“I’m going for a disco nap too. Thea said she has this bottle of Sake that’ll put hairs on your chest, let's have a shot before we head out!” Christy said excitedly, and with that they left Ash to head to the shared apartments.

With a heavy sigh Ash continued changing and put the impending night out to the side and refocused on appreciating the moment. She observed Lily and Ava huddled over Lily’s phone, probably looking at how to move out here again, as Lily in particular had become enamoured with Japan. She noticed Alina speaking quietly to Juana with a pained expression, not quite upset but you could tell something was wrong. It was unfortunate for Alina but if she couldn’t keep up then it was time for someone else to step up, nothing personal, just business. And it certainly looked like after this tour Pinky was a likely future contender. 

The tour had also given Ash a boost of confidence as she knew she had performed well, after all she received a tag title shot and tonight competed for the triangle belt. She knew that was a sign she had impressed her hosts. She had a big match at The Showdown against Foxxy and the rest of Ronin3 to focus on next, a match that Foxxy said could help put Ash back on the map. Things were on the up!

The day dream came to a halt as Yuma Maruya burst into the changing area with a massive smile and everyone applauded the 5SSW World Champion, seemingly a tradition, to show respect to her and the company. The small in stature but mighty Maruya shouted something which Ash interpreted as ‘lets celebrate’ and the 5SSW roster came alive and started calling the gaijin over to come with them. Ash hung back a little and watched as Yuma approached Alina and Juana, and the two champions embraced, triggering Alina to burst into tears again. Ash could just about overhear Alina thanking Yuma in broken Japanese expressing gratitude rather than sadness. Ash took a deep breath and recited under her breath, “God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The Courage to change the things I can. And the wisdom to know the difference--”.

VzVlzAe.jpg

“Hey you!” Said Paige Croft, appearing suddenly causing Ash to jump. “You eavesdropping?”

“You got me…” Ash said with a half smile. 

“You going to be okay tonight?” Paige asked. 

“Yeah of course! Why wouldn’t I be?” Ash replied. 

“I’m just asking... I imagine these things can be hard to navigate. And the girls are going to want to have a good time with you! Listen, I’m not going to drink on account of the fact it does nothing good for me. So, if you want, you can sit with me and watch them all make asses of themselves, it’ll be fun!” Paige said. 

“That’d be great. Thanks!” Ash said and Paige clapped her on the shoulder and headed towards the big group that was forming. I’m going to be fine Ash thought to herself and with a smile she picked up her bag and joined her friends.

Edited by Rhysrob

<p>QAW World Championship: <strong>Alina America ©</strong> vs. Danielle Sweetheart</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

QAW World Tag Team Championship: <strong>The Experience ©</strong> vs. Las Amazonas</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

QAW Shockwave Championship:<strong> Little Miss Perfect ©</strong> vs. Modesty Pador</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

No DQ Trios: Ronin3 v <strong>The Line</strong> [if the Line lose they must leave QAW]</p><p>

Special Guest Referee: Farrah Hesketh.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

First Blood Match: <strong>Juana Hurricane</strong> vs. Hellcat Hernandez</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Singles: <strong>Pamela Rojo</strong> vs. Steph Blake</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Singles: Emma May vs.<strong> ???</strong> [bonus if you guess who it is!] Hmmm... Killer Kass!</p>

rFIw3TS.jpg

The Showdown

Date: Fri W3 June 2020

Attendance: 518

Broadcast on Wrestleworld: 17,811 viewers

Dark match: Ashley Keith def. Sonnaz Shah via submission in 09:50 [39]

sipJKl5.jpgobjwqAE.jpg

Commentary: Alfonso Garcia & Farrah Hesketh

Garcia: Hola lucha fans! My name is Alfonso Garcia and welcome to QAW The Showdown, LIVE on Wrestleworld, or on demand depending on when you're tuning in!

Hesketh: And I'm Farrah Hesketh! And do we have a night of action in store for you tonight. In our main event QAW World Champion Alina America will attempt to make her 4th defence against arguably the best wrestler to ever grace a QAW ring, Danielle Sweetheart!

Garcia: It's a lofty claim but hard to argue considering Danielle secured this opportunity running through 19 of the world's best at Battlebowl! I don't think I'll ever get the image of the amount of blood she left in the ring...

Hesketh: Sweetheart is a warrior but so is Alina America, we're in for a treat!

Garcia: Speaking of, our opening match tonight will see our reigning Shockwave Champion Little Miss Perfect take on a bright prospect in Modesty Pador in their 2nd clash over the title this year. What do you think of this one?

Hesketh: I think Modesty has what it takes to be a champion in QAW and I think Little Miss Perfect has had some confidence knocking performances recently, particularly that loss to Megumi, and sometimes it takes a wrestler time to regroup. If Modesty has done her homework and remains focussed, she might be able to pull it out the bag!

eKkpfKa.jpg

QAW Shockwave Championship

IUMpMtb.jpg

s4knF2k.jpgyEIo5KV.pngOXZa5PY.jpg

Little Miss Perfect © vs. Modesty Pador 

This was Modesty’s second shot at taking down Miss Perfect for the title and both women were looking to show the fans improvement on their last match. But sadly, that didn’t happen. The crowd were all over Miss Perfect taunting her about the Megumi Nakajima loss last month and she was working uphill to win back her legitimacy with the fans, which was little to begin with.

Miss Perfect really needed a stronger dance partner because Modesty Pador just wasn’t up to the task of making her look good and for large portions of the match she just seemed lost. That being said Miss Perfect salvaged the match with her character work and Pador shined with some impressive striking sequences. In the closing moments of the match Pador had LMP downed and actually looked primed to win when Christy Higgins hopped up onto the ring apron and drew the attention of the referee and Pador, freeing up Miss Perfect to retrieve her title belt and clock Pador in the back of the head, and claim the victory!

oZsMxSe.jpg

Winner: Little Miss Perfect via in pin fall 10:14

[29]

[3rd defence]

This match got the show off to a strong start

eKkpfKa.jpg

The feed cuts to Dharma Gregg standing by with a microphone next to The Line, behind them is the QAW logo...

ijLCoLi.jpgYlovj6V.jpgSQGwtpT.jpgk1PuN0x.jpg

Dharma Gregg, Ash Grover, Houston Handley & Teresa Perez

Dharma: Joining me at this time: Ash Grover, Teresa Perez & Houston Handley aka. The Line! Ladies, you have made it your mission over the last year to combat Ronin3’s antics and have seriously drawn the ire of their leader Foxxy Larue. What are your motivations?

Houston: Dharma, our alliance exists because it has to. Yes, we’re good friends but QAW has turned into a dangerous landscape where you need people watching your back because danger is behind every corner. Whether its The Furies, Clenched Fist or Storm Front, things have got tribal around here! But the worst culprits for hurting people and driving this environment is Ronin3. It always has been! And we’re sick and tired of it.

Perez: We should be clear though, our motivation isn’t to destroy anyone and we’ll stay out of your way if you play fair.

Dharma: So, you’re like a police force?

Houston: If things are going to be the wild west around here then do we mind being the Sheriffs? Someone needs to do it, so why not us!

Dharma: Tonight you have a chance to put this growing issue with Ronin3 to bed once and for all in a No DQ Trios match. But per Foxxy’s demands if you lose then you have to leave QAW, why did you accept the match?

Grover: At the end of the day accepting Foxxy’s terms helps out Farrah, and the three of us owe her a lot. But more importantly, we aren’t cowards. Foxxy thinks Ronin3 has an advantage over us with this no DQ stipulation, but they are forgetting we want to kick their asses just as much as they want to kick ours!

Dharma: Ash, you in particular have drawn Foxxy’s attention in recent months and has had harsh words for you and your mentor Farrah Hesketh. Do you have a response?

Grover: There is a lot I could say to Foxxy Larue. I could speak on her attacking me online and attempting to use my personal issues against me. I could speak on her vendetta against my mentor. I could also speak on her attempt to break my neck last month. But the time for words is over, tonight we end this conversation!

[29]

Garcia: High stakes for The Line tonight, Farrah, but they seem confident to me!

Hesketh: Why wouldn't they be? People underestimate those three for some reason and I don't understand why. Because they aren't out to destroy their opponent it makes them appear weak?

Garcia: No offence intended by that Farrah...!

Hesketh: Of course not, I know, but it's true. I know that a lot of people have already written them out of QAW before the first shot has been fired. The Line are a force to be reckoned with Alfonso!

Garcia: If they have an endorsement from you Farrah then who am I to argue? 

eKkpfKa.jpg

The number one contender for the World Championship makes her entrance to a chorus of boos. Before getting into the ring she retrieves a microphone from the announce desk signalling she will speak before her opponent is revealed. 

CCOiapt.jpg

Emma May

Emma: Let me just check Commissioner Bomb hasn’t suspended a piano above the ring before we start… Good, it’s all clear! I’m not putting anything past her these days in terms of creative ways she can delay my fair, World Championship opportunity. First, it’s Danielle Sweetheart inserting herself as a special referee and performing a fast count on me at Starshow. Next, Pamela Rojo gets to jump ahead the queue because she’s been a professional loser her whole career and that warrants a pity title shot! Then, in successive matches, I put Danielle Sweetheart to sleep or tap her out for the number one contender spot, but Alina gets to duck me again because the brass wants to drag that pipsqueak Yuma Maruya over for a ‘dream match’! Who is dreaming of that? Not me! And now, Danielle Sweetheart, gets to skip the queue thanks to her fluke Battlebowl win… Fortunately, my MMA training has taught me the art of patience... All predators learn that they need to stalk their prey first if they want a chance at taking it down, and I’m prepared to do that a little longer. So, Commissioner Bomb, you said you had a challenge from across the ocean to test my ability against, lets see who it is...!

2SHrMVI.jpg

Garcia: Oh my! That's Maki Yoshifumi!

Hesketh: That sure is Alfonso! Folks, Maki Yoshifumi is an internationally acclaimed martial artist and world title holder in Kickboxing having represented her home country of Japan numerous times!

Garcia: This is the real deal lucha fans! What can we expect Farrah?

Hesketh: I think we can expect strikes, strikes and, strikes! Emma May is someone who likes to get close, grapple and tap you out, but that's going to be tough when you've got world class hands and feet keeping you at bay. Emma has her work cut out for her...!

Garcia: And doesn't she know it, look at her face! It's thunderous!

[40]

Emma gave a good performance and got the crowd hotter

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

CCOiapt.jpgyEIo5KV.png2SHrMVI.jpg

Emma May [The Furies] vs. Maki Yoshifumi

The crowd were hot for this match considering it was Maki’s American debut. And despite her lack of name recognition she sold her dangerous martial artist aura from her ring gear to overall demeanour, and the crowd ate it up. Perhaps underestimating her opponent slightly, Emma went in for a lock up but Maki checked her with a hard leg kick which forced Emma to stumble into a corner, Maki followed in and landed a couple of jabs before Emma ducked out of the ring calling for a time out. To Emma’s clear annoyance Maki didn’t pursue her to the outside and held the ring forcing May to re-enter on the 9 count. This time the two circled more akin to an MMA bout and began trading strikes, with a theme being Maki keeping Emma at bay with sharp kicks and May fighting through into a clinch only for Maki to escape.

The crowd really came alive at one point when Maki had Emma in the corner and delivered a handful of devastating knife edge chops to the chest but on the 3rd attempt Emma went for Maki’s eyes. As the referee tried to reprimand May it was too late as she had already shot in for a double leg takedown and the match was now on the mat. This is where Emma was most comfortable and you could see Maki not going down with a fight but Emma had a counter for everything. May gradually took the back and locked her legs around Maki’s waist in a figure 4, and applied a rear naked choke. The crowd cheered Maki on but the fatigue set in and there was no choice but to tap.

Winner: Emma May via submission 11:41

[51]

eKkpfKa.jpg

The feed cuts to Dharma Gregg standing by with a microphone next to Danielle Sweetheart, behind them is the QAW logo...

ijLCoLi.jpgVx65cOV.jpg

Dharma Gregg & Danielle Sweetheart

Dharma: Please welcome my guest at this time, Danielle Sweetheart!

Sweetheart: Thanks for having me.

Dharma: Danielle, last month you won the first ever Battlebowl trophy and secured your spot in tonight's main event for the QAW World Championship, what did that win mean to you?

Sweetheart: It was much needed Dharma! I meant what I said last month that Battlebowl was my chance to bounce back from defeat and prove that it's not about getting knocked down, its about how you get back up. And beating 19 other wrestlers for a shot at the title isn’t a bad way of doing that, right?

Dharma: Not at all! But Battlebowl was last month, tonight is The Showdown, and you have a match against the World Champion, Alina America. How do you rate your chances?

Sweetheart: Alina is a worthy champion and someone I respect. But I rate my chances very highly, lets not forget that I was the one who ended Alina’s first reign back in 2017. So, i've done it before and i’ll be doing it again tonight--

Alina: --Is that so?

ioKyjRi.jpg

Alina America appears behind Danielle with the QAW World Championship draped over her shoulder...

Dharma: Alina America! Do you have anything to say to Danielle?

Alina: I was just walking by and couldn’t help but overhear. It’s true that you ended my first title reign but, that was a long time ago, and a lot has changed since then. Specifically myself. I have changed a lot since then, and the Alina America today is on a different level.

Sweetheart: Good! I’m glad to hear it because you should be! But lets not forget that whatever level you’re on today is the level I was on 3 years ago.

Alina: What’s that supposed to mean?

Sweetheart: We joined this company at the same time and in the years you spent toiling away in the undercard I was putting QAW on the map as the ‘Queen of Hearts’. Nothing and no one, including you, is standing in my way towards that belt.

Alina: Ah yes, the ‘Queen of Hearts’! Well, if you’re the heart of QAW then this company needs a heart transplant. Lets settle this in the ring woman to woman?

Sweetheart: I’m looking forward to it.

[45]

Garcia: Is it me or was that tense?

Hesketh: Very! But when it comes to the QAW World Championship, the grandest prize in the business, should we expect anything less?

Garcia: Absolutely not!

Hesketh: Danielle Sweetheart has climbed the QAW mountain before, and once even knocked Alina down on the way, you don't forget those moments. And you certainly don't forget when someone ended your title reign...

eKkpfKa.jpg

We join the commentary team at their booth...

Garcia: Switching gears now, we've got the First Blood match between Juana Hurricane and Hellcat Hernandez next, and I have to admit I'm already feeling queasy...

Hesketh: Then you better cover your eyes Alfonso because I don't think these two are going to hold back for your benefit. They absolutely hate each other!

Garcia: This feud has reached very personal heights owing to Hellcat attempting to end Alexis Littlefeather's career with that spike piledriver. Ever since that, Juana Hurricane has been incensed!

Hesketh: Commissioner Bomb was right, these two need to put this to bed once and for all!

First Blood Match

kYWJZHG.jpgyEIo5KV.pngwYxk6Nk.jpg

Juana Hurricane [storm Front] vs. Hellcat Hernandez [Clenched Fist]

Hellcat made her entrance wearing a face shield, which served as good strategy and way to antagonise Juana, which it did, and Juana clashed with Hellcat in the aisle way. The referee threw caution to the wind and started the match knowing it wasn’t going to be rule adhering anyway. Both women showed good intensity and Hellcat spent much of her time trying to create separation from Juana who was like a woman possessed scratching and clawing at her, eventually ripping the face shield away and using it as a weapon to batter Hellcat.

After several minutes brawling around ringside it was clear Juana had the advantage, which of course triggered Clenched Fist members Black Diamond and Felicia Luck to come out and help their leader. The 3 on 1 mauling only lasted a few moments as Storm Front members Sonnaz Shah and, the returning Alexis Lee Littlefeather [neck brace and all], charged out to even the odds.

During the commotion Hellcat and Juana returned to the ring with Hellcat holding the advantage raining down sharp elbow strikes to Juana’s forehead. When she was satisfied enough damage had been done, Hellcat foolishly took to taunting the crowd and made a display of placing on brass knuckles. As she returned to the match Juana was back on her feet and easily ducked a wild swing and retaliated with an uncharacteristic headbutt. From there, Juana smashed Hellcat's forehead into each turnbuckle, reminiscent of a strap match, and on the last one mounted the 2nd turnbuckle and counted 10 punches along with the crowd. Juana played to the crowd a fraction to long and Hellcat regained control by catching Juana in a power bomb position and performed a buckle bomb, followed by a running bulldog out of the corner. The crowd was concerned for Juana as she lay face down as Hellcat wrenched her neck back and delivered rough looking cross-faces.

Fortunately for Juana, Hellcat became concerned with finding the brass knuckles and stopped her attack to pick them up. As Juana stirred to her knees, Hellcat grabbed Juana by the hair but got caught with a slick judo throw. Before Hellcat could react she was locked in a figure 4 around the neck. After a few moments struggling Juana wrested the brass knuckles away and used them herself to land a couple of strikes to Hellcat, which effectively knocked her out.

Juana released the hold as the referee checked on Hellcat and after a moment the cameras caught a trickle of blood coming down Hellcat's forehead.

Winner: Juana Hurricane via first blood in 13:48

[38]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Juana's hand is raised in victory; and it's noticed by commentary that she has a bloodied nose, which prompts them to wonder if that had been caused by the bulldog but Juana was able to disguise it. The remaining members of Storm Front celebrate with their leader...

kYWJZHG.jpgwYxk6Nk.jpgO8GN48Y.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

Juana Hurricane, Hellcat Hernandez, Alexis Lee Littlefeather & Sonnaz Shah

[Sonnaz has a microphone in hand as Juana picks Hellcat up and holds her before Alexis, who gives a thumbs down signal, and suddenly Juana has Hellcat back on the mat again and is applying a modified 'Tequila Sunrise' [Hammerlock with the leg and cloverleaf hold]]

Sonnaz: Say you're sorry to Alexis… [Sonnaz holds a mic to Hellcat's mouth]

Hellcat: Fuck you! [Juana wrenches back]

Sonnaz: We can wait all day [Juana wrenches again and again]

Hellcat: I-I-...I’m sorry—stop! Sorry!

[With a nod from Alexis, Juana releases the hold and the Storm Front members raise their arms in victory. A clear message to the entire locker room that they are not to be messed with going forward]

[20]

eKkpfKa.jpg

In a pre-recorded promo Las Amazonas are stood in the interview area...

a4zbi8b.jpgJx41iYM.jpg

Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres

Pinky: When Mariana and I came to QAW a year ago we didn’t come with the intention of making enemies. Granted, our business makes this unavoidable, but it wasn’t our intent. We came to QAW to be the best! And how do you become the best, Mariana?

Mariana: You’ve got to beat the best.

Pinky: And in our humble opinion that is The Experience. It’s just business and we felt you understood that when our matches set this company alight, but as time has gone on it seems you’ve turned bitter and afraid now you’ve finally clocked on that your time as the ‘best tag team in QAW’ is coming to an end.

Mariana: We won the number one contenders tournament by beating legendary teams like The Uprising and Lilly and Rose, so we take exception to you saying that we’re trying to make a name for ourselves off of your legacy, like we’re a pair of green ass rookies.

Pinky: Exactamente! Saying that completely disregards everything we have done in our careers to reach this point. We are both former world champions in our own right, I am the reigning COTT Women’s World Champion! We don’t need to make our names off of you because we already have our own names, and you two? You're just a footnote in Las Amazonas’ journey to the top!

[29]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Bossman Brayfield joins the commentary booth...

vx1orto.jpg

Garcia: Welcome Brayfield!

Brayfield: Howdy Alfonso, ma'am.

Hesketh: Big match tonight for The Experience, Brayfield, how do you rate your client's chances?

Brayfield: They are very confident! This match is just a formality until some better competition appears. A placeholder if you will!

Garcia: Well, that isn't fair is it, we know that Las Amazonas can beat The Experience, it's happened! And Las Amazonas have shown by winning the tag tournament that they are an excellent tag team capable of defeating the best.

Brayfield: That tournament was a joke by Commissioner Bomb on me because I pissed her off saying the division was not worth spit. But let me tell you, these Las Amazonas couldn't fall up a tree, y'all understand?

Hesketh: Kind of?

QAW World Tag Team Championship

2qtkezS.jpg2qtkezS.jpg

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

a4zbi8b.jpgJx41iYM.jpg

The Experience [Clenched Fist] © vs. Las Amazonas

These teams have collided over the past year and this was the big rubber match with the grandest prize of them all on the line, and both teams were on top form. The match was a great representation of QAW’s unique selling point with The Experience bringing the rough and ready Southern style mixed with strong technical skills, and Las Amazonas brought pure lucha libre excellence. Despite The Experience being the much more experienced [no pun intended] duo and worked like a well oiled machine, the talking point of the match was Las Amazona’s jaw dropping sequences that had the champions on the ropes more often than not, with particular attention being drawn to Pinky who was clearly moving on a different level to everyone else in the ring.

Sensing danger The Experience were not opposed to bending the rules to hold onto their gold and scored a distraction from Bossman Brayfield hilariously throwing his shoe from the announce table, which somehow managed to catch Mariana in the face. From there Lily and Ava worked an extended heat segment on Mariana working the leg. The uber charismatic Pinky worked the crowd from the ring apron and rallied Mariana numerous times but each time Mariana went for a tag The Experience intercepted it. On the 3rd attempt, Lily snuck up on Pinky and pulled her from the apron but Pinky landed on her feet, took Lily out with a hard clothesline and made it back on the apron for the hot tag.

The sequence that followed would make it onto youtube one day as it was performed with perfect fluidity. Pinky charged Ava down with a clothesline, then a drop kick and finished with a springboard cross body. Instead of going for the cover Pinky rolled towards the turnbuckle, leapt onto the top rope and soared to the outside with a cross body onto Lily, which looked like it flattened her.

Pinky hopped back onto the apron and sprung onto the top rope and nailed Ava in the face with a meteora. Before Ava could catch her bearings Mariana [who made the blind tag on the apron] had her by the arm and rolled her through into the ‘Venus Fly-Trap’ [Rolling cross-arm breaker]. Ava had no choice but to tap when it became clear Lily wasn’t around to save the day!

"AND NEW QAW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS, LAS AMAZONAS!"

Winners: AND NEW CHAMPIONS! Las Amazonas via submission 18:20

[57]

Garcia: What a match!!! New champions, Farrah! New champions-a-go-go!

Hesketh: Folks, Las Amazonas have done it! They said they were winning those belts tonight and they did it with style!

Brayfield: Do you two mind?! This is a disgrace! A travesty! That tapout was called far too early, did you see? Ava wasn't tapping.

Garcia: What was it then?

Brayfield: She was fighting it! That wasn't a tap. I'll be lodging a complaint with Commissioner Bomb as soon as I get backstage.

Hesketh: Well, as we wait for the outcome of that, we still have new QAW World Tag Team Champions in Pinky Perez and Mariana Torres! Two world class talents who I hope will elevate the division to new heights!

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

TtUc3j8.jpgyEIo5KV.pngAfiWhYQ.jpg

'Red Alert' Pamela Rojo vs. 'The Mistress of the DDT' Steph Blake

This match was as close to a hoss fight as QAW could get as Steph and Pamela were probably the biggest and most muscular competitors on the roster. For years many fans had drew similarities between Steph and Pamela, with a consensus that Pamela was the next evolution, as Steph had remained a good brawler whereas Pamela had added technical wrestling and striking to her arsenal.

Both women absolutely clobbered each other with lariats, suplexes and slams, and commentary noted Pamela appearing more desperate in her attempts to get a pin and how it might lead to her making mistakes down the line. Whilst not setting the world on fire with her offence, Steph was weathering the storm and picked her moments well, showing veteran instincts, and as predicted Pamela got frustrated with the referees count and spent too long admonishing them, leaving her open to Steph clocking her in the back of the head with a polish hammer. Steph picked her up and landed a snap kickout DDT for the 3 count.

Winner: Steph Blake via pin fall 09:49.

[38]

AfiWhYQ.jpgTtUc3j8.jpg

[After the match, Steph continues beating Pamela down with sharp kicks to the stomach and head stomps. The crowd boos Steph and gets behind Rojo but it seems as if Pamela has burnt all her bridges backstage as no one comes to her rescue, leaving her to the mercy of Steph, who shows her none, and DDTs her again for good measure]

[36]

Garcia: Well, no wondering if Steph and Pamela will go out for a beer after this...

Hesketh: Completely senseless! She already made her mark by, y'know, winning the damn match! That added beatdown was just distasteful.

Garcia: An impressive win though nonetheless! Looks like Steph Blake is here to stay! Now, Farrah, it looks like The Line vs. Ronin3 is next, which means you better get ready to referee! Good luck!

Hesketh: Thanks Alfonso...

eKkpfKa.jpg

No Disqualification Trios Match

If The Line lose then they must leave QAW

SuVbDw9.jpgpzCKefQ.jpgKVTmboI.jpgw/8fP1z6s.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

Ylovj6V.jpgSQGwtpT.jpgk1PuN0x.jpg

Ronin3 vs. The Line

objwqAE.jpg

Special guest referee: Farrah Hesketh

All 6 women were ready for a battle and at the bell chaos descended as the Ronin3 members exited the ring to retrieve weapons from under the ring with The Line members in hot pursuit, and guest referee, Farrah, really had her work cut out as everyone squared off around the ring.

Ronin3 who took the early advantage, thanks to Vinny Cruz, who distracted Teresa Perez, which allowed Becca to seize her by the hair and slam her into the steel steps. On the other side of the ringside area Toni and Houston were taking it in turns to slam one another head first into whatever was in reach. Near the announce table Foxxy had the upper hand on Ash and used a kendo stick to great effect as a choking device. Foxxy was joined by Becca and Vinny, who set up a table [much to the crowd’s approval], and Foxxy clearly had bad intentions for Ash. Fortunately, Teresa played cavalry with a picture perfect crossbody from turnbuckle which wiped Becca and Vinny out. This sparked Ash to fight back and spun Foxxy in a hurricanrana.

A good portion of the match consisted of both trios exchanging offence on the outside of the ring hitting each other with trash can lids, trash cans, kendo sticks and occasional steel chair shots to the back. This was much more brutal than the typical QAW match, and quite a departure from its product, but the risk paid off and the car crash antics had the crowd on their feet. Foxxy in particular was showing why she was one of the top stars in QAW expertly controlling the match and making everyone look good.

A shift came when Foxxy reversed a hurricanrana attempt by Teresa and swung her head first into the guard rail, and simultaneously, Toni Parisi body slammed Houston onto a trash can which crumpled from the impact. This left Ash vulnerable and Ronin3 circled her like vultures in the centre of the ring. Despite trying to put up a valiant fight, Ash was quickly battered into submission thanks to wicked kendo stick shots from Foxxy. The concern on Farrah’s face was clear and she often checked on Ash asking if she wanted to end the match, but Foxxy shooed her away and whacked Ash across the back for good measure. Finally satisfied, Foxxy barked instructions to her comrades who promptly placed Ash’s head in a steel chair, and Toni Parisi slowly climbed the top rope. A nervous energy rippled across the crowd and Hesketh looked as if she was going to help Ash, but was suddenly struck across the back with a kendo stick by Foxxy who grabbed her by the hair and forced her to watch what was about to happen.

But Toni Parisi looked particularly unstable perched on the top rope and that brought time for Houston and Teresa to play rescue in the form of Houston hopping up onto the apron and pushing Toni off the top rope and through the table on the outside. Inside the ring, Becca caught a steel chair thrown by Teresa and ate steel thanks to a follow up drop kick by Teresa.

Hesketh took the opportunity to free Ash as Foxxy wiped out Houston and Teresa with hard ‘Flash Head Kicks’. In the final moments of the match Ash attempted a comeback but a slightly fresher Foxxy was just too much to overcome and she trapped Ash's arms in the ropes.

Foxxy signalled to [the now recovered] Vinny Cruz, who rummaged under the ring to reveal a champagne bottle and rolled it into the ring, where Foxxy picked it up and started yelling about wanting to celebrate. The camera couldn’t quite pick up Foxxy’s trash talk but the crowd was now extremely vocal in their disdain for her wicked behaviour.

As Foxxy took a swing with the bottle Hesketh grabbed her arm and spun her away from Ash, causing the bottle to drop and roll out of the way. An irate Foxxy grabbed Hesketh by the throat, unaware that Houston had snuck onto the apron and had freed Ash. As Foxxy pushed Hesketh to the ground she turned right into a hard slap from Ash followed by the 'Chicago Hope' [Jumping STO] onto the steel chair left behind by Teresa. The crowd urged Ash to make the cover, and Hesketh surprisingly held slightly on the 3rd count to give Foxxy a chance to kick out…

“1, 2...3!”.

Winners: The Line via pin fall 14:14

[48]

The match got the crowd buzzing

eKkpfKa.jpg

The ring area looks like an explosion has occurred with bodies and objects strewn everywhere...

Ylovj6V.jpgSQGwtpT.jpgk1PuN0x.jpgobjwqAE.jpgY6bqDw1.jpgSuVbDw9.jpg

[Inside the ring The Line regroup and have their hands raised in victory, and Farrah and Ash embrace. As the Line go to celebrate with fans at ringside, an angry looking Commissioner Bomb appears in the ring and exchanges words with Farrah. The camera cuts to a dazed looking Foxxy, being held up by Vinny Cruz, angrily screaming at Farrah from outside the ring, as Bomb takes Farrah by the arm and leads her backstage]

[46]

eKkpfKa.jpg

We rejoin Alfonso Garcia alone at the commentary booth...

Garcia: Well folks, what an incredible display there from The Line and Ronin3! I've never been a fan of Ronin3's antics but you can't deny that they are tough! And The Line have established that they will be players in the QAW landscape from now on! I don't know what's happening with Farrah though... I guess I'm calling the next match alone--!

May: --Don't worry, you've got the pleasure of my company!

CCOiapt.jpg

Emma May

Garcia: ARGH! Don't sneak up on me-- like, are you-- trying to kill me?

May: No, you don't have anything worth killing you for Alfonso.

Garcia: Charming! Well, folks it looks like I've been joined at the announce table by none other than the number one--

May: -- The TRUE number one contender--

Garcia: -- Yes, Emma May, welcome!

May: I thought that you could use some company for this next match, and who better to call the match than the woman destined to dethrone the winner?

Garcia: You can't argue with that actually, let's get this main event underway!

QAW World Championship

PeTpSiO.jpg

ioKyjRi.jpgyEIo5KV.pngVx65cOV.jpg

Alina America © vs. 'The Queen of Hearts' Danielle Sweetheart

Alina and Danielle had a tough act to follow, but if any pair could capitalise on the crowd’s excitement it was these two, and they put on the best match in QAW’s history to date. Both women have grown into similar competitors over the years so were evenly matched, although many critics would give Danielle the edge in terms of experience, but concede Alina held the star quality.

Despite their prickly exchange earlier both competitors wanted to keep things respectful and treated the audience to some slick chain wrestling which resulted in several stalemates and had the crowd locked in duelling ‘Lets go Alina/Danielle’ chants. Early on Danielle managed to take Alina’s back in the pursuit of a choke but Alina managed to power to her feet with Danielle on her back and flung herself backwards into the turnbuckle, snapmared Danielle and took to the top rope. However, it was too early to go high risk and Danielle joined Alina on the ropes before she could react, and landed a hard forearm shiver sending Alina crashing onto the apron and to the outside. Now, it was Danielle’s turn to go high risk and she scored a somersault plancha from the top rope.

The referee started the 10 count as Danielle and Alina struggled to their feet and Emma May was out of her chair talking smack to both competitors. The challenger, Danielle, knew all too well she couldn’t win the title via count out and heaved Alina up onto the apron, where Alina repaid her with a stiff headbutt to the chest. As Danielle clutched her chest, Alina hoisted her onto her shoulders and hit an air raid crash. The crowd cringed as the apron was famously the hardest part of the ring and many called for medics to check on Danielle. But she emphatically kicked out at 1 and as Alina pulled her up Danielle caught her with a stiff right hand. After checking her nose for blood Alina gave a receipt and the crowd knew the gloves were off now.

Although the match returned to being a technical affair both wrestlers were noticeably seeking painful submissions and weren’t afraid to add spice with some strikes. A notable moment came towards the end of the sequence when Alina went for a kimura on the same arm Emma May had injured previously, but Danielle had it well scouted and caught Alina on the nose with a sharp elbow. In another notable moment Alina scored a near fall on Danielle with a split-legged moonsault in homage to Yuma Maruya. As the match progressed it was evident that Alina had returned to form and Danielle had work cut out for her.

The beginning of the end came when Emma declared on commentary that she was bored of the match, grabbed the world title belt and hopped onto the apron prompting the referee to immediately block her entry to the ring. Before Emma could ruin anything, Alina slid through both sets of the leg to the outside and delivered a devastating looking powerbomb to Emma onto the mats. Upon reentry to the ring Alina walked straight into a kick from Danielle who followed up with a ‘Vessey Driver’ [spinning Death Valley Driver] which awed the crowd. Which was in tribute to the Vessey Family, particularly the recently deceased Larry Vessey.

“1, 2…--!”

Commentary called for a replay to determine if Alina had actually kicked out but it was clear only a fraction of second saved the match. A frustrated and tired Danielle signalled for the end of the match and took to the top rope. As commentary wondered what her intentions were something caught Danielle’s eye from the audience.

d2RTj76.jpg

Fuyuko Higa

Inexplicably, Fuyuko Higa had appeared in the front row and was shouting at Danielle, who completely took her eye off Alina for about 10 seconds. As Alina staggered into the centre of the ring Danielle snapped back to the action and leapt in the air for a missile dropkick which crashed and burned as Alina sidestepped it. Sensing her chance, Alina dragged her challenger up and hit her 'Southern Lights Bomb' followed by a La Magistral pin to clinch the successful defence.

Winner: Alina America via pin fall 22:10

[56]

[4th Defence]

Show rating: 54

Edited by Rhysrob