Who are the most community-beloved characters within the Cornellverse?

Posted (edited)

With the impending release of TEW IX, who are the characters you hold nearest to your heart and whose representation in the new game you'll be most closely looking out for?

Edited by EdJames

As a SWF die hard, I'll always look out for my boys.

How's Jack Bruce & Christian Faith settling into retirement, or have they made a comeback doing something somewhere?
Them Eisen boys doing alright for themselves?

Basically anyone from pre 2020 SWF is who I check in on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really hoping some of my favourites indy guys from TEW2020 are doing good after being picked up by one of the bigger companies

That would be Nelson Callum, Frankie Perez, Ernest Youngman and Fro Sure for the US

Mr. Lucha III and Extraordinario Jr from Mexico (I also really like Chess Maniac and Extranjero Loco)

And hopefully Walker van Cleer and Landon Mallory have either managed to get out of Europe (21CW maybe ?) or have been great enough to really become the faces of EU Wrestling

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much love for SWF here! I'd check if SWF is getting closer to USPW or it's the other way round first. Talking about wrestlers I have many interests but a few of them are:

- In SWF: How many titles has Rocky Golden now? Is Remo a 4-time champion now? (those two are very related to what's been happening in my SWF diary). Also, what has happened with ZWB and Unleashed Awesomeness, Mainstream Hernandez...?

- In TCW: Do they keep Wolf Hawkins, Aaron Andrews, Jay Chord...?

- Indies: Where is Remmy Skye?

- Japan: Are Matthew Keith and KC Glenn still there or have they returned to USA?

Posted (edited)

Here is a list of my favorites that I used a lot in my playthrough of a custom company:

- Fuyuko Higa

- Garry the Entertainer

- Hollywood Brett Star

- Joana Silver

- Java

- Tribal Warrior

I assume Java & TW are retired in TEW IX, and would hope that the other four became main eventers or accomplished midcarders in-lore.

Edited by TheDeep5ix

As a Danish guy I hold some love for the wrestlers occupying mainland Europe, and usually have my faves in the various EU promotions.

in EWA

• Bam Bam & Hercules Johansson
  • Blair Kerrigan
  • Bret Heartbreak
  • Magnus Cage
  • Zofia Jankovic

In VWA

• Abominable Snowman
  • Drachev & Litvinov
  • Fabian Schwarz & Hans Piccard
  • Landon Mallory

In UEW

• Juan Mendoza
  • Marcello Ricci
  • Thor the Mighty
  • Like 1

On a more serious note, the first guy I will look out for is definitely Ernest Youngman. I consider there to be a 0% chance he isn't at a major company, and I'm curious which one it is (please dont be USPW).

Then I'll probably go look for some of the top young US talents to see who has been signed up to actual contracts (Charlie Corner, Prime Time, etc).

Then there are a couple of "significant" names who I think may move, who I will look out for, including Matthew Keith, KC Glenn, Jay Chord, and even Tommy Cornell.

1 hour ago, Acey said:

On a more serious note, the first guy I will look out for is definitely Ernest Youngman. I consider there to be a 0% chance he isn't at a major company, and I'm curious which one it is (please dont be USPW).

Then I'll probably go look for some of the top young US talents to see who has been signed up to actual contracts (Charlie Corner, Prime Time, etc).

Then there are a couple of "significant" names who I think may move, who I will look out for, including Matthew Keith, KC Glenn, Jay Chord, and even Tommy Cornell.

I think the PSW top young guys Nelson Callum, Ernest Youngman, Ash Campbell, and Logan Wolfsbaine are all most definitely in major promotions.

Can’t wait to read what’s going on in WLW in general (if it still exists). How far has Masa Kurata dragged the company? Did Nichiren Amagawa ever win the Universal title? Did they actually ever sign Yuta Isono (he’s built for WLW)? 

Mostly, Big 3 guy 

I would like to check on the old Guard of SWF Rouge, which is my main guy, that I just can't let go.

Hollywood Bret star also to see if SWF believes if he's a main event star for them, which will be interesting 

High Flyin Hawaiian is the first one I will look at since he is one of those with the biggest potential to become the biggest star who could still fail if the planets don't align. 

Scythe is another one I'm looking for. He already got the massive push and I really want to see if it worked out or if he didn't get to the top.

Jungle Lord has been someone that I always loved and even though he likely loses to Spencer Spade, I hope he is still involved with SWF in any shape or form.

I am also expecting Atom Smasher to end up as an absolute star and I am really curious to see what happens of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a major player in USPW.

• Like 1

My favorite character has always been Whistler. Not a giant star but one in his own right. Other characters I like that probably fit this topic better are Christian Faith, Steve Flash, the careers of The Underwater Union. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Big Four of the CWA's Women's Division. Brooke Tyler, Lauren Easter, Nadia Snow & Amber Allen.

Brooke Tyler is just amazing. Nuff said. And in 2022, she's still quite young. I don't even think she'd be 30 at that point. 

Lauren Easter was someone I didn't pay much attention to at the start of my CWA save. Amber Allen was the lead babyface, I brought in Helene Svensson, who was quite popular, and Alicia Strong, so she came in 4th for my faces side. It wasn't until I had done a brand split, and Alicia Strong, Amber Allen and Helene Svensson were on one brand, and Lauren Easter was on the other, that I realised how good she was. Great entertainment skills, even better in-ring skills, she was regularly getting high 80s in her matches with Brooke Tyler, and for a while, she even carried the brand's women's division. She left for maternity, came back, didn't lose a beat and had a great feud with Fuyuko Higa. She's a late 80s baby I think, so she'd be early-mid 30s by 2022 and would still have a lot of time on her side. I would really like to explore a heel run with her. 

Nadia Snow is someone I've always liked. In TEW16, she and Demelza Wade as the A-List were amazing and would regularly get the highest ratings on my show. I wasn't ready to change all of that coming into TEW20, but her Queen's Court gimmick has to be one of my favourites to book. I can't wait to see where she's at in 2022. She was born in 1987 I think, so would be 34 at the start of the game. Still has many years left in her. 

Amber Allen. She's not as good entertainment wise as the others, but her in-ring skills are exceptional. She has had 90+ rated matches with Jaime Quine, Brooke Tyler, Nadia Snow, and can easily carry anyone to a decent match. Like Snow, I think she's also 1987, so would also be 34 at the start of the game. 

Shoutouts to Fuyuko Higa, Joy Ryder, Alicia Strong & Jaime Quine. I wonder if the Wrestling Royalty and Social Media Darling gimmicks will still be used for Strong & Quine, as I've enjoyed booking both of those. 

On the men's side, Aaron Knight, Skip Beau, Spencer Spade, Hollywood Bret Starr and Donte Dunn. All of these men are still really young, and like Tyler, I don't think Knight will even be 30 at the start of the game. Dunn's star quality is insane, and in my current game, he has the highest popularity at 96 in Canada. Spade and Starr are also quite young too, but I can't remember their exact ages. 

I'm also interested in seeing what happens to the DeColts. I do think they'll add a few more, Jack will probably be retired, or close to retiring, and Ricky went to Hollywood in my current save, so it would be interesting to see what happens to him in canon. 

Edited by MadsMC
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Joanna Silver. I swear, if she is still unemployed in TEW IX, I'm going to write my Congressional Representative!

Even if she is, she will always get hired with Hugh De Aske in my games, either as a valet or as a wrestler.

• Edd Stone. I really hope something has changed for him. He's been a TCW midcard guy for so long, and in the old days (2008) it looked like he was going to have a wacky career. 
  • The DeColts, although I'm not expecting much change in two years. Canada's seismic shift happened in the last game.
  • CGC stalwarts like Bobby Thomas, Shane Nelson and Ryan Powell. Most of whom I expect will be finishing up by now.