Diary Preview & Questions Thread

It's always an exciting time when a new game comes out. I think the combination of extra eyes on the boards, some new writers, and a whole load of fresh space creatively. 

Personally I'm torn between getting really struck into the actual game, likely with a performance over pop company. Usually TCW. Or getting into a diary, I'm hoping RAW are in a position which interests me as that's the most fun I've had with a diary in TEW2020. 

Young me would have just done both, ran a diary and played the game on the side but realistically that's not possible. 

Looking forward to seeing what plans other people have. 

• Like 2

When a new game comes out, after I've caught up with all the CVerse updates, I usually start with a small promotion that I've run before. Small size and familiarity means there's less on my plate so I can gradually take in the changes and new gameplay.

If any of my favourite companies seem inspiring enough given their starting setup, as soon as I have a better grip on the new mechanics, my first diary is usually as that company. I'll also note any creative ideas or twists I can think of for use in future diaries.

• Like 1

Definitely want to start one early on into the game and have it go for awhile. Maybe do it in seasons/through multiple companies since the game now has the Avatar Regen feature. 

I'm just not sure if I'm going American Workrate (TCW my beloved), Puro (PGHW my beloved), or a custom company. If custom I really either want to try and American company that's basically just a Japanese company in the U.S (Puro product, touring schedule) or a Japanese Company that has the Soap Opuro product since it seems interesting and I've never tried booking with that before. 

Thinking about starting something with a ported over database from TEW 2020. I just bought it last month, finally (sort of ) learned the game and am deeply invested in the save I've started on it. I don't think it would be too hard (a couple of weeks of work maybe) to tweak the old starting database and get it to match up with where I am in my save before starting it again with the new game, albeit in the game year 2020. Is that cool or is it frowned upon to not be using the newest data?

Thanks for any advice; love the forums.

Alright, I've compiled a first draft of my diary ideas. Not sure which one I'll pick to begin with. These are, in no particular order:

- Import the characters from willr0ck's "Women’s Revolution" mod and do a save as an all-female promotion. Could be QAW, as it also scratches my lucha itch without having to do an all-out lucha product. Not a huge fan of 5SSW, so if I go joshi, it'll probably be a new promotion from the ground up, with emphasis on workrate and a strict ban on the more "kawaii" stuff STARDOM seems to saddle its workers with.

- Black Canvas Grappling. Simple as.

- A hardcore anti-establishment run. Not sure with which company though. Love GSW, but I'm a non-American white guy still stuck in the golden era of hip hop, so I feel like I'm not doing it justice. Same with DIW, it's less, let's say, culturally rooted, but I'm not sure how much I'm feeling the shift towards a more proper wrestling workrate focus. Another great candidate is Big Battle Wrestling (or Blood and Barbed Wire), a CVerse97 promotion where Ruy Kajahara used to do his thing before he set up WEXXV. I did a quick conversion of the database to have a trial run in the beta release and oh boy, that cast of characters really makes the new version's changes sing. It's gonna be just as much about the backstage drama and indy sleaze as it's gonna be about the blood and gore.

- Love any over the top wrestling stuff, so EMLL and ZEN have been a thing I wanted to try for a while, but I'm not that confident I can produce content for them. Same goes for Diablo X or the 9000Verse. Maybe I'll just kick back and consume that kind of content. Oh hey look. Pteroid already started a ZEN diary!

- Speaking of backstage drama AND over the top content, can't wait for the RockVerse to be released.

- Fingers crossed we also get a new iteration of the LondonVerse.

P.S. I've mentioned a bunch of non-default databases for diaries, so I hope that answers your question @GOLD NECKLACE ;) 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Alright, I've compiled a first draft of my diary ideas. Not sure which one I'll pick to begin with. These are, in no particular order:

- Import the characters from willr0ck's "Women’s Revolution" mod and do a save as an all-female promotion. Could be QAW, as it also scratches my lucha itch without having to do an all-out lucha product. Not a huge fan of 5SSW, so if I go joshi, it'll probably be a new promotion from the ground up, with emphasis on workrate and a strict ban on the more "kawaii" stuff STARDOM seems to saddle its workers with.

- A hardcore anti-establishment run. Not sure with which company though. Love GSW, but I'm a non-American white guy still stuck in the golden era of hip hop, so I feel like I'm not doing it justice. Same with DIW, it's less, let's say, culturally rooted, but I'm not sure how much I'm feeling the shift towards a more proper wrestling workrate focus. Another great candidate is Big Battle Wrestling (or Blood and Barbed Wire), a CVerse97 promotion where Ruy Kajahara used to do his thing before he set up WEXXV. I did a quick conversion of the database to have a trial run in the beta release and oh boy, that cast of characters really makes the new version's changes sing. It's gonna be just as much about the backstage drama and indy sleaze as it's gonna be about the blood and gore.

- Love any over the top wrestling stuff, so EMLL and ZEN have been a thing I wanted to try for a while, but I'm not that confident I can produce content for them. Same goes for Diablo X or the 9000Verse. Maybe I'll just kick back and consume that kind of content. Oh hey look. Pteroid already started a ZEN diary!

- Speaking of backstage drama AND over the top content, can't wait for the RockVerse to be released.

P.S. I've mentioned a bunch of non-default databases for diaries, so I hope that answers your question @GOLD NECKLACE ;) 

Would love to see a BCG diary with the new database from you

A joshi diary would be cool too. I'm planning on doing one with the default cverse, so would be interesting to see the differences and similarities between them

• Thanks 1

I've been considering my options. I have a lot of TCW ideas direction-wise, but I really feel like 1. TCW is a commitment 2. I probably couldn't do the show-to-show justice. 

I have had a big Lucharesu phase recently and fleshing out WLW which hasn't gotten much diary love would really intrigue me. But all my touring schedule diaries have broken down quickly despite my commitment to pre-writing shows before even starting the project. 

CWA roster is way too big for me, I'll wait for a CGC mod conversion to touch my beloved Canada.

The solution might lie outside the box...

• Like 2

Right now grappling between a couple of ideas and restarting a diary after fatherhood kinda forced me to abandon my MCW diary which I was enjoying so much.

- I would love to redo the MCW dairy with the new jumping-off point being 2022. I would want to redo some of the lore behind the diary, but the premise is the same of a small Detroit-based company clawing its way to the top to rival the people who wronged their owner. At the same time, carving its spot in the independent scene with CZCW and PSW. Bringing in some original characters and adding more women to the scene as the current-day women's scene in 2022 is lacking. The product would be probably Classic Southern Wrasslin unless I find something I enjoy more

-Doing a TCW diary with either Ricky Dale Johnson, Bryan Vessey, or James Justice/Liberty as booker/authority figure after BriCo has splurged the money to bring them in for the history but popularity. BriCo feels like they are close to jumping SWF and believes a strong figure that the company can orbit around is the last thing they need to catch up to the Eisen Empire. 

-RIPW as is I think handling all the young prospects and the new Eisen kids is fun

- Real-world Custom Company with James Storm or MVP as the owner. Either going with the Wild West Strong Style Product or the Urban Strong Style Product

Can't choose though but thankfully I have a lot more time now to commit

Edited by Marmo

Short preview for the diary Im currently planning. Which art style do you guys like more, comic book or more realistic? Im currently a bit undecided as I like them both.

KichiMochizuki.jpg.9a9f338c1deef5d19b491db7d52ad9ce.jpgKichiMochizuki.jpg.8ba7442409bbb24f20f5a0d92dec7674.jpg

AkiKamio.jpg.0c51b9b3ddb3db512f8500b5f86ac0cb.jpgAkiKamio.jpg.4a992bd49925fbb783e85bd6b086f5b3.jpg

MAYA.jpg.c204c28952c73e9e515be3b1dc605181.jpgMAYA.jpg.60ab5ea0779c4d22c8c86fefa73c20df.jpg

FuyukoHiga2.jpg.56827481ce5da6d3092a51b3c82036c9.jpgFuyukoHiga.jpg.d705835792abdebd8afd1f50a4b52958.jpg

YuryoiKurmochi.jpg.e358b75d4c4d84e2b3bbd37e4e97d1a3.jpgYayoiKurmochi.jpg.bb628220933e1b6990ea01706ed4af22.jpg

SpiderIsako.jpg.cdfd951abc4b5fe1f9d7010e3da79ee0.jpgSpiderIsako.jpg.e223fc8a5784163a89364f0533c67df8.jpg

sunrise2.png.d3c9d5a0735610889bfb283f37fe6c84.png

Project SUNRISE coming soon...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Love GSW, but I'm a non-American white guy still stuck in the golden era of hip hop, so I feel like I'm not doing it justice.

As another non-American white guy, I loved your GSW diaries 😛

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, naizen45 said:

Short preview for the diary Im currently planning. Which art style do you guys like more, comic book or more realistic? Im currently a bit undecided as I like them both.

KichiMochizuki.jpg.9a9f338c1deef5d19b491db7d52ad9ce.jpgKichiMochizuki.jpg.8ba7442409bbb24f20f5a0d92dec7674.jpg

AkiKamio.jpg.0c51b9b3ddb3db512f8500b5f86ac0cb.jpgAkiKamio.jpg.4a992bd49925fbb783e85bd6b086f5b3.jpg

MAYA.jpg.c204c28952c73e9e515be3b1dc605181.jpgMAYA.jpg.60ab5ea0779c4d22c8c86fefa73c20df.jpg

FuyukoHiga2.jpg.56827481ce5da6d3092a51b3c82036c9.jpgFuyukoHiga.jpg.d705835792abdebd8afd1f50a4b52958.jpg

YuryoiKurmochi.jpg.e358b75d4c4d84e2b3bbd37e4e97d1a3.jpgYayoiKurmochi.jpg.bb628220933e1b6990ea01706ed4af22.jpg

SpiderIsako.jpg.cdfd951abc4b5fe1f9d7010e3da79ee0.jpgSpiderIsako.jpg.e223fc8a5784163a89364f0533c67df8.jpg

sunrise2.png.d3c9d5a0735610889bfb283f37fe6c84.png

Project SUNRISE coming soon...

Japanese Joshi suits comic book i think.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2024 at 8:25 AM, Pteroid said:

image.jpeg
"Alright Mr. Pteroid, I'm ready for the new diary!"

Not dressed like that you aren't, young man!

image.jpeg
"Better?"

Yass ghoul, slay.

ZEN: F.E.A.R ITSELF

Take a look at willr0ck's new versions of ZEN in his comic book renders mod thread, I think you will be a very happy camper.

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Whatever you  choose i amlooking forward to seeing.  Especially if you brought over Rockverse and Womens Revolution characters .... Cverse needs more colour.  ANNABELLE would definitely bring a lot of colour other figuratively and literally.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 1

Once the superpower of wrestling in the United States, SWF has been in a losing battle with USPW for many years now. Speculation about Rocky Golden's retirement is only getting louder, and with him on his second reign longer than 300 days, the need for new stars is becoming apparent. Fortunately there are a few solid options on the midcard, as well as a number of promising RIPW talents.

SWF (and maybe also RIPW) - Return to Supremacy, coming soon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CGN91 said:

@naizen45 I think the comic style is something special. I would go with this style.

@DarK_RaideR I'm also a non-american white dude who listened to the 80's-90's Hip Hop style and I always liked your GSW diaries, so I would love to see how you'll book the Piggy Bank dudes lol.

Thanks. I had a bit of a creative rush last night, check out my rant here

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 10:16 PM, GOLD NECKLACE said:

Thinking about starting something with a ported over database from TEW 2020. I just bought it last month, finally (sort of ) learned the game and am deeply invested in the save I've started on it. I don't think it would be too hard (a couple of weeks of work maybe) to tweak the old starting database and get it to match up with where I am in my save before starting it again with the new game, albeit in the game year 2020. Is that cool or is it frowned upon to not be using the newest data?

Thanks for any advice; love the forums.

You play however you want dude - go for it!

• Like 1

Quick question: how do you post images in dynasties? As far as I can tell you need permission to use html and I've asked for that in the general thread but is that the only way to do it in the body of the post? 

I've been going back and forth on different ideas non stop since the game came out, well and before that really. I'm eager to get stuck into something but I'm still undecided. 

My options at the moment.. 

RAW: This was my plan A going into the game as I enjoyed my previous one. I like the position RAW are in this time, I've got plenty of ideas and storylines ready to go but I'm a little hesitant. Partly because it's a big undertaking, I think to do it properly you need plenty of ongoing storylines and the time to really flesh out lots of characters. In my previous diary sometimes I think I did that really well, other times I struggled. That was during lockdowns when I had plenty of time on my hands whereas now I'm limited. So I think my concern is not being able to do RAW and my ideas justice but I enjoy writing the soap opera style product and there's really no other option in the game for that. 

Smaller promotions... I enjoyed my FCW diary, it felt much easier to keep up with. I don't think their roster appeals as much this time. I quite like both PSW and NYCW. Very different from each other though... I've always enjoyed the romantic idea of 'completing the hardcore revolution' and actually getting a hardcore promotion popular but there's not many interesting stories jumping out to me when I delve deeper. NYCW I just like quite a few of the characters that I think would be fun to write for. 

Larger promotions... CWA and TCW both appeal. CWA I think have the best roster in the game, and TCW always appeal. I don't enjoy writing match ups enough, or have the time for a fully fleshed out version of these but I think the interesting story is more in the long term progression of the save anyway so it would be more recap style posts, maybe more like a highlight show. Hopefully if I chose the right parts to focus on it would still feel alive and make for an interesting follow. 

I'm going to go back to going round in circles but hopefully I'll have something good to go soon! 

• Like 3