War's End RELEASED!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=tommytomlin;194994]No Invasion yet, poser?[/QUOTE] The Invasion won't really get started until King of the Ring. Shane wins a match at Judgment Day that allows him to pick four of the KOTR entrants. And, of course, Goldberg will get a match. It might be Goldberg/Shane vs. Triple H/Vince, so I can hold off on a Trips/Goldberg main event until Summerslam or Wrestlemania or something. Oh! I also got Akira Hokuto to spice up the Women's Division. Maybe I've finally got someone who can get a decent match out of Chyna.

Ok I see what you mean about Eddie, but if he didn't get sent to rehab until somewhere after the 1st of May technically he should still be active right?

[QUOTE=bobinc;194999][URL="http://www.bobinc.net/TEWDownloads/MNW_Screens.zip"]Here is[/URL] the screen set I posted about in the other thread. [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/bobinc/Assorted%20Fed%20Cuts/title_screen.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] wow great work thanx alot

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;195008]Thanks Boon! Maybe in three years, War's End will be as good as DOTT :D[/QUOTE] To me, it's not how good one's mod is as much as how much they really put into it, and how much they really enjoyed putting it together and wanting to share it with, well, ME (us, lol). You have alot of charisma Tommy, and it's very hard not to get caught up in your excitement, which makes the mod even more enjoyable, even before you play it. I love DOTT because well.. I was their, bassically. I watched all that stuff unfold, heck, I graduated High School in '83.. I've been honestly trying to push him to go back even farther, just for ME, lol. Your Scenario I would think would be massively appealling to people around their early 20's! I imagine everyone has a favorite part of their life, as far as wrestling is concerned, and the Nastalgia seems to hit us from things that happened when we were in High School, and within' the first few year's afterward. Congratulations on this release, and THANKYOU Tommy!!

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;195015]Just ran that Judgment Day card. Brought Goldberg in a day early so he could be Shane's mystery partner versus the APA. Would you believe a Test vs. Triple H match can pull an A rating? I have the results right in front of me and I still don't believe it. :p[/QUOTE] Every now and then Test would have a really good match, mostly with Shane, most recently with RVD, then go back to just being Test.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;195018]Every now and then Test would have a really good match, mostly with Shane, most recently with RVD, then go back to just being Test.[/QUOTE] Don't get me wrong, I really, really like Test when he brings his best to the ring. His match against Eddie at WM X-7 is one of my favorites from what was my favorite wrestling card of all time. But still, it's really odd to see him pull an "A" rating. More odd is that for some reason, Steve Austin is getting auto-pushed as an Upper Midcarder, and Chris Benoit drops all the way down to Midcarder while X-Pac jumps to Upper Midcarder. I can't fathom a time when X-Pac and Steve Austin were ever perceived as being in the same league. Have I had some really, really sudden drops in overness or is there maybe an issue with starting popularity? EDIT: And the best I've been able to pull off, card-wise, is not doing damage to my reputation. I know the starting popularity is the most realistic way to handle mid-2001 WWF, but it's still kind of frustrating and I'm wondering just how long I'll be able to hold down a job as head booker even on Free Style.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;195021] More odd is that for some reason, Steve Austin is getting auto-pushed as an Upper Midcarder, and Chris Benoit drops all the way down to Midcarder while X-Pac jumps to Upper Midcarder. I can't fathom a time when X-Pac and Steve Austin were ever perceived as being in the same league. Have I had some really, really sudden drops in overness or is there maybe an issue with starting popularity? [/quote] Austin starts as a Main Eventer, Benoit as upper-mid (WWF doesn't like pushing Technical wrestlers). X-Pac also starts as upper-mid, though I just noticed his style is 'Regular Wrestler' instead of 'Cruiserweight', so if I change that in 1.1 he might drop to the mid-card. I'd say you've had some very sudden drops in popularity. Check the in-game editor and see how popular Austin is. [quote]EDIT: And the best I've been able to pull off, card-wise, is not doing damage to my reputation. I know the starting popularity is the most realistic way to handle mid-2001 WWF, but it's still kind of frustrating and I'm wondering just how long I'll be able to hold down a job as head booker even on Free Style.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I just figured that's the best (and probably only) way to make WWF a challenge. It also makes it more interesting if you're playing Rebirth and you're WCW, as the WWF eventual drop in popularity gives you the chance to overtake within two years, provided you book well enough.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;195012] You have alot of charisma Tommy, and it's very hard not to get caught up in your excitement, which makes the mod even more enjoyable, even before you play it. [/QUOTE] Awesome, I'm going to make myself a user character and then book a Dueling Promos angle with The Rock~!@ Thanks for the kind words dj. You're spot on about the appeal, I'm in my early 20's and, while DOTT is all sorts of awesome, there's nothing I find more fun to play than 2001 WCW. I guess everyone hits their wrestling interest peak around high school.

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;195021]Don't get me wrong, I really, really like Test when he brings his best to the ring. His match against Eddie at WM X-7 is one of my favorites from what was my favorite wrestling card of all time. But still, it's really odd to see him pull an "A" rating. More odd is that for some reason, Steve Austin is getting auto-pushed as an Upper Midcarder, and Chris Benoit drops all the way down to Midcarder while X-Pac jumps to Upper Midcarder. I can't fathom a time when X-Pac and Steve Austin were ever perceived as being in the same league. Have I had some really, really sudden drops in overness or is there maybe an issue with starting popularity? EDIT: And the best I've been able to pull off, card-wise, is not doing damage to my reputation. I know the starting popularity is the most realistic way to handle mid-2001 WWF, but it's still kind of frustrating and I'm wondering just how long I'll be able to hold down a job as head booker even on Free Style.[/QUOTE] Well, one of the things I can't stand about TEW 07 is not being able to set pushes. Really annoying.

Just so you know for version 1.1, you should change WWF and WCW's Match Danger to 40% in both scenarios, otherwise the first show someone puts on will bomb.

I dunno, I was testing around on both to see what kind of Diary I wanted to do and with WCW and WWF on the Fusient side... both told me up to the Danger to 40%. So I went over the InVasion one and it said the same with the WWF. Dunno if it was just my booking, match lengths or what ever.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;195032]I'd say you've had some very sudden drops in popularity. Check the in-game editor and see how popular Austin is.[/QUOTE] :eek: Austin dropped from 99% overall in the US (minus Puerto Rico) to the 84-87 range. In some regions he's dropped [b]fifteen points[/b] in the span of about two weeks. (Start to the Monday after Judgment Day) Dude. I suck.

[QUOTE=Ransik;195045]I dunno, I was testing around on both to see what kind of Diary I wanted to do and with WCW and WWF on the Fusient side... both told me up to the Danger to 40%. So I went over the InVasion one and it said the same with the WWF. Dunno if it was just my booking, match lengths or what ever.[/QUOTE] You sir, are correct-a-mundo. I had them set to 40%, but then over-wrote them with an old version I'd done with the indy promotions corrected. Damn it. It's easily fixed, but I can't believe I missed that and the WWF Titles. EDIT: So how come it doesn't tell me that in the Invasion version? The product is set exactly the same?

[QUOTE=Ransik;195002]Ok I see what you mean about Eddie, but if he didn't get sent to rehab until somewhere after the 1st of May technically he should still be active right?[/QUOTE] Eddie was sent to rehab shortly after Insurrection (May 5th). So setting him as inactive from the beginning is kind of a coin flip decision. He was released on November 12th, and began taking indy bookings with ICW, ROH, and IWA-MS in December. (credit this info to Obsessed With Wrestling site)

I'm just wondering how many times these same "problems" are going to have to keep popping up in every single mod thread before people begin to realize it's a problem with the TEW07 game, not the mod. This mod has done a great job minimizing these problems and coming up with alternative but this game is a Cornell Verse game, not a real world game, which makes it harder to come up with real world simulations.

[QUOTE=brat99;195061]Eddie was sent to rehab shortly after Insurrection (May 5th). So setting him as inactive from the beginning is kind of a coin flip decision. [/QUOTE] Yeah I guess it is kind of, but I think totally more logical to go under the thought that he was simply inevitabley on his way there the way things were going with him.

[QUOTE=SageFury268;195062]I'm just wondering how many times these same "problems" are going to have to keep popping up in every single mod thread before people begin to realize it's a problem with the TEW07 game, not the mod. This mod has done a great job minimizing these problems and coming up with alternative but this game is a Cornell Verse game, not a real world game, which makes it harder to come up with real world simulations.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't go that far. I have no idea why I'm getting told the match danger is fine in Invasion, but not fine in Rebirth, but I haven't really messed around with it since I split the mod into two. Still probably a problem with my mod, might have something to do with the locations. All I'd really like is for the editor to be able to automatically determine the minimum Intensity/Violence required for a fed. Otherwise it's a case of trial by error, and as shown today, sometimes there's errors in the trials :)

Archived