Cade gone

Franchise22

Good.... he was horrid in the ring and only lasted as long as he did cause HBK trained him. Although he must've done something cause didn't he beat HBK a week or two back or something like that?

[QUOTE]Let's get rolling starting with the Lance Cade story. As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw. The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability. Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc. Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh. Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation. Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him. Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation. [/QUOTE] That's from Jim Ross's bbq blog thing.

[QUOTE=Prophet;508479]That's from Jim Ross's bbq blog thing.[/QUOTE] So, I spose it's safe to say that Lance Cade OD'ed on some sort of drug. (That's if JR is on with this which I don't know why he would make it up). It seemed very awkward that he was released out of nowhere but now I see why they may have made the decision quickly. For the health of Cade (to get back on his feet, maybe seek some treatment if he has a problem) and this also shows the WWE as a company that isn't going to allow others to make such mistakes. Then again... Jeff Hardy still has a job ;)

Wow just wow. Now I don't hate Cade and I try not to start anything with anyone and I like you Ransik, but you hate WWE so I take whatever you say with way more than a grain of salt. Cade was the epitome of what WWE is about. A guy with more size and look then any real serious in ring talent and even his in ring talent was better than what half the main event had, but that's what WWE is. He never had any backstage heat that spread onto the wrestling dirt sheets and even thought he was a heel you could always kinda tell he was a nice guy just from his general mannerism. Whatever he was doing (probably drugs) that caused him to have a seizure on that plane must have been really bad. I hope he figures out his stuff and gets his head on straight and maybe one day WWE will give him his second chance (although I think they're pretty biased as they are willing to give top teir guys a second chance way more than lowercard guys).

Yeah, that's what I find so awkward about all of this. I mean, you fail a drug test, you get suspended. Former WWE employees are allowed to enter detox on Vince's dime. And Cade alledgedly showcases a major lapse in judgement, damn near killing himself, and the end result is him getting his walking papers. It doesn't seem to add up ... unless he was offered a chance at treatment, or detox, and he turned it down.

[QUOTE=Prophet;508486]Yeah, that's what I find so awkward about all of this. I mean, you fail a drug test, you get suspended. Former WWE employees are allowed to enter detox on Vince's dime. And Cade alledgedly showcases a major lapse in judgement, damn near killing himself, and the end result is him getting his walking papers. It doesn't seem to add up ... unless he was offered a chance at treatment, or detox, and he turned it down.[/QUOTE] I think you'll find (assuming these statements are actually true bout the seizure etc) that it will be because it was (effectively) done in public. If someone fails a drug test - it's a "behind closed doors" thing - taking the drugs and then having the reaction to them on a plane, probably in front of kids etc, is much more damaging to the image of WWE potentially. ie which is your 7 year old kid gonna remember more - a newspaper / internet report saying Cade failed a test, or seeing him having a seizure etc right in front of their eyes?

[QUOTE]I think you'll find (assuming these statements are actually true bout the seizure etc) that it will be because it was (effectively) done in public. If someone fails a drug test - it's a "behind closed doors" thing - taking the drugs and then having the reaction to them on a plane, probably in front of kids etc, is much more damaging to the image of WWE potentially. ie which is your 7 year old kid gonna remember more - a newspaper / internet report saying Cade failed a test, or seeing him having a seizure etc right in front of their eyes?[/QUOTE] Good point. That could very well be a huge factor in all of this.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;508510]I think you'll find (assuming these statements are actually true bout the seizure etc) that it will be because it was (effectively) done in public. If someone fails a drug test - it's a "behind closed doors" thing - taking the drugs and then having the reaction to them on a plane, probably in front of kids etc, is much more damaging to the image of WWE potentially. ie which is your 7 year old kid gonna remember more - a newspaper / internet report saying Cade failed a test, or seeing him having a seizure etc right in front of their eyes?[/QUOTE] I think this is it. Stuff that happened on the "plane ride from Hell" about five years ago was arguably worse, but it was on a private flight. Other wrestlers have had their trouble with drugs or alcohol, but for the most part those problems occurred backstage or at home. When you've got a guy on a public flight, most likely with a ticket paid for by WWE, and he goes into a drug-induced seizure, that's the sort of thing which can reflect poorly on the company under normal circumstances but especially when they're in the middle of gearing themselves toward a younger audience.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. They let the wrong tag team partner go. Murdock was my favorite out of the two. Nothing against Lance, and wish him the best of course.. Same thing I felt when they released Joey Mercury... The best one (entertainment wise) was released out of that tag team. However, I think ECW (as well as The Miz) has done Johny Nitro a ton of good, and he is definately a mid/upper midcard and even can graze the Main Event and be a definative force. I like him way more now, then before. I still hold by my thoughts though. Mercury was good on the mic, and he could sway the crowd without much effort it seemed to me. I think he could have been pushed upwards a bit easier then it's taken to get Nitro there. Murdock to me was a throw-back to the old days. He looked a bit grizzled, and was bear-like. I would have made him a bit stronger looking, if it had been up to me (of course we would all do things differently). Cade has a good look, not bad ring presence, etc.. Nothing wrong with him either. Just to me "Lance Cade" sang of "Stunning" Steve Austin. Get him out of the HBK or Murdock shadow, and perhaps one day he would have developed into a "Stone Cold" type, but he never seemed to have it in him to me. Perhaps that is what they were going to do with him, who knows. I think what works best is finding something the worker's are "comfortable" with, and trying till you succeed (when the worker says "YEs, I love doing this"). Just my two cents.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;509053] Murdock to me was a throw-back to the old days. He looked a bit grizzled, and was bear-like. I would have made him a bit stronger looking, if it had been up to me (of course we would all do things differently). Cade has a good look, not bad ring presence, etc.. Nothing wrong with him either. Just to me "Lance Cade" sang of "Stunning" Steve Austin. Get him out of the HBK or Murdock shadow, and perhaps one day he would have developed into a "Stone Cold" type, but he never seemed to have it in him to me. [/QUOTE] Amen brudda. Loved me some Trevor Murdoch when he was on my screen. Like I was saying to Self in the Underrated Wrestlers thread, his look in this day and age was quite distinctive. Because of that, I found him to be the wrestling equivalent of "comfort food". And because that was what he brought to the show more so than killer ring skills or drag people in the building by their ears charisma, Murdoch was probably in exactly the right place in the tag division. Thing of it is I'd have liked to have seen him with a better partner than Lance Cade. Maybe someone with more personality skills like a Jimmy Wang Yang. The parody dimension of Yang combined with the serious throwback that was Murdoch could have been awesome together. Personally I never saw much in Cade. I disagree about his look being all that great. He always looked right out of Central Casting to me. That could have jobbed Cade out week in and week out in different blue collar outfits and I'd never have thought anything of it. His offense was pretty standard. He had minimal personality skills and he couldn't even mock that fact self-deprecatingly a la Lance Storm. He always seemed like James Storm to me. Just minus the interview skills Self was talking up in the other thread. Really it seems like Cade only lasted as long as he did because he has the training ties to HBK [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;509053]Perhaps that is what they were going to do with him, who knows. I think what works best is finding something the worker's are "comfortable" with, and trying till you succeed (when the worker says "YEs, I love doing this"). Just my two cents. [/QUOTE] Definitely. As an astrology junkie, one thing I've often thought I'd do if I ever got a lead writer's role somewhere would be to go over people's signs before pitching stuff to them. Like for instance I'll use Brian Christopher since we were born just a day apart from each other. Capricorns like us are noted for being grounded, conservative, traditional. Some examples of classically Capricornish gimmicks might include Right To Censor or JBL's current financier gimmick. Now to apply this thought process to Christopher, I always thought he'd make an awesome right-wing zealot heel. Combine the profile of his Capricorn sun with his background as Jerry Lawler's kid. Have him play up the notion of not appreciating The King's drooling over the divas because that should be more the job of their contemporaries. Folks like Christopher. Rather than old leches like King. Maybe have him do a shade of RTC by trying to keep the divas out of skin segments. And just overall play the young fogey and being all OTT curmudgeonly before his time. Wouldn't be able to go full straight edge considering how and why Christopher ultimately got himself released of course. But there could still be mucho material in this gimmick for him despite still being a sinner.

Archived