United States Pro Wrestling - Bring Out Your Kids!

Friday: Mean Jean Cattley defeated DD McCall (C), before we got to the main show with a tag match. [COLOR=Blue]Element of Surprise vs Tribal Warrior and Cool Cage[/COLOR] A new tag team versus a couple of jobbers. Russell got the pin on Cage at 3.20. [I][COLOR=Blue]Element of Surprise beat Tribal Warrior and Cool Cage[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We went backstage, to where Emma Chase was with her clients, Brent Hill and Mick Muscles. They talked about Hill’s title match later, before Hill offered Muscles good luck for his match, next (C+). [COLOR=Blue]Mick Muscles vs Corporal Doom[/COLOR] Two months ago Muscles was on a bit of a run of form, but that seems to be over. Doom won this at 3.53. [I][COLOR=Blue]Corporal Doom beat Mick Muscles[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] Adrain Garcia then came out with his clients, and spent a bit of time hyping their forthcoming match, before Blue Pill came out (C+). [COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill vs Danny Rushmore and Rick Sanders[/COLOR] Morpheus and PRP are both in Main Event activity, so no-one was surprised when PRP pinned Rushmore at 5.51. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill beat Danny Rushmore and Rick Sanders[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] Blue Pill remained in the ring, and called out Rip Chord (B-). He came out with his posse of wrestlers, when Blue Pill said that they wanted a match with them next week. Rip Chord obliged, and next week it’s Blue Pill vs Fumihiro Ota and Mean Jean Cattley (C+). Chord’s posse stayed around for Ota’s match, next. [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] To say Thompson was outnumbered would be an understatement. Interference from Cherry Bomb sealed his fate at 5.13. [I][COLOR=Blue]Fumihiro Ota beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] Brent Hill got some time on the mic, before he got his title shot (B)! [COLOR=Blue]Nemesis (c) vs Brent Hill[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title Put Hill in a match with a half decent opponent and you’ve got a good match. So put him in the ring with Nemesis, and you know you want to watch it. This match lasted 13.37 with several near falls, until Nemesis finally wrapped it up with a Nemesis Arrow. [I][COLOR=Blue]Nemesis beat Brent Hill[/COLOR] to retain the USPW World Title (B+)[/I] Rip Chord comes out after the match, and calls out Emma Chase. He says that if he can’t find someone who can stand up to Nemesis, then she’s outlived her usefulness. Chase promises that she’ll find someone next week, and Rip Chord says she better, or she’s fired (B+). [I]Overall Rating B-[/I]

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We sold out, and the new wrestler’s introduction has been set up for next week. We’re currently considering another new signing for storyline purposes, and have a couple of options. Keep tuned for any developments! Freddie Datsun’s once again the SWF Shooting Star Title holder, after defeating Flex, in his first defence. Respected announcer Jason Azaria is set to jump ship from TCW to SWF Announced for next week: Element of Surprise vs Sanders and Rushmore Blue Pill vs Mean Jean Cattley and Fumihiro Ota

Friday: Captain USA, Mick Muscles and DD McCall beat Corporal Doom, Giant Redwood and Mr Patterson (C-) in the pre-show bout, before the main show. [COLOR=Blue]Element of Surprise vs Sanders and Rushmore[/COLOR] Billy Russell missed the odd move tonight, but Adrian Garcia did a good job in the heels corner. Sanders and Rushmore beat American Elemental around, but got caught out by Billy Russell, who pinned Rushmore after 6.37 following a roundhouse kick. [I][COLOR=Blue]Element of Surprise beat Sanders and Rushmore[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] The Tag Champions were shown backstage, where Doom and Redwood taunted Element of Surprise, saying that they weren’t a threat to them (C). American Elemental came over to them with Billy Russell, saying that if that was the case then they wouldn’t have a problem with defending the title in two weeks at. The Champions agreed, and we have our first match on the card of Thanksgiving Thunder (C). [COLOR=Blue]Brent Hill vs Cool Cage[/COLOR] Hill dominated this one, easily beating his younger opponent. The pin came after a Death Drop at 3.47. [I][COLOR=Blue]Brent Hill beat Cool Cage[/COLOR] (C)[/I] After the match, Brent Hill caught up with Emma Chase, who was with Mick Muscles. They asked if her mystery wrestler for tonight had arrived, but she shook her head (B). Rip Chord came over and said it was too late – he needed to make a match for Nemesis, as he needed a Main Event. He said he had the perfect substitute, and made it Joss Thompson vs Nemesis, in a non-title match (B-). Chord said he’d see Chase after that, and she’d better have her bags packed. He then said he was going to watch the next match, and see Blue Pill get destroyed (A). [COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill vs Mean Jean Cattley and Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] Even, flowing match, which Blue Pill slowly got the upper hand in. This led to Cattley bringing in and using his title, which earned him a disqualification at 12.56. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill beat Mean Jean Cattley and Fumihiro Ota [/COLOR] by DQ (B-)[/I] The cameras went backstage, to where Emma Chase was in the parking lot, talking desperately on her mobile (B+). We then cut across to where Cherry Bomb was cutting an interview against Joss Thompson, saying that tonight he would get schooled in wrestling (C+). Thompson then came over, and said it didn’t matter – he had no interest in anyone like Cherry Bomb any more (C+). [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Nemesis[/COLOR] in a non-title match Joss Thompson managed to crawl out of an attempted powerbomb, and roll up Nemesis. Then we got a kick out, Nemesis Arrow, and that was it, after 4.44. [I][COLOR=Blue]Nemesis beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (B-)[/I] Everyone cleared the ring, and Rip Chord came out. He called out Emma Chase, and said that she had failed to deliver a wrestler for tonight, and as such, he had no choice but to fire her. Emma Chase stopped Chord, and said that her signing had arrived, and if she leaves, he leaves. Rip Chord looked unconvinced, and demanded to know if this wrestler was actually good enough to challenge Nemesis. Emma Chase brought up DaVE, and how Nemesis was champion there. She said that in all his defences, he had never faced this man, a former DaVE champion who is worthy of a shot – and introduced [B]Bryan Holmes [/B] (B+)! Rip Chord looked impressed, and made the Main Event for Thanksgiving Thunder Nemesis vs Bryan Holmes for the USPW World Title (B+). [I]Overall Rating B-[/I]

We sold out, and we’ve got Bryan Holmes! He’s been fully committed to Japan, until last month he was released by PGHW. We jumped at the chance to sign up this star, who due to his complete lack of any charisma will be managed by Emma Chase. We’ve got no show next week, so in two week’s time it’s Thanksgiving Thunder, which so far has two matches announced. The show will run for an hour and a half. Thanksgiving Thunder: Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood (c) vs Element of Surprise for the USPW Tag Team Titles Nemesis (c) vs Bryan Holmes for the USPW World Title

Well, no show this week, but a title for one of our workers. Mick Muscles has become the CGC Canadian Champion, defeating Chance. Congratulations go out to him. Next week’s card how now been completed. As Puerto Rican Power and Fumihiro Ota got a no result three weeks ago, they have a rematch next week. Mean Jean Cattley will defend his title in a four way, against Morpheus, Brent Hill and Rick Sanders, while Joss Thompson will take on Cherry Bomb. Thanksgiving Thunder: Joss Thompson vs Cherry Bomb Puerto Rican Power vs Fumihiro Ota Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood (c) vs Element of Surprise for the USPW Tag Team Titles Mean Jean Cattley (c) vs Morpheus vs Brent Hill vs Rick Sanders for the USPW National Title Nemesis (c) vs Bryan Holmes for the USPW World Title And the most anticipated match is…. Nemesis vs Bryan Holmes. Who’d have thought? As an aside, they haven’t faced each other at DaVE as they’re both working as faces. Not that I’m going to let that affect anything I say!

Friday - Thanksgiving Thunder: We’re here, and I hope you don’t need to go home early. Despite being advertised at one and a half hours, this show’s going to be two hours long! And that’s not including our dark match, where Mick Muscles and Captain USA defeated Danny Rushmore and Cool Cage (C-). [COLOR=Blue]Mean Jean Cattley (c) vs Morpheus vs Brent Hill vs Rick Sanders[/COLOR] for the USPW National Title If you’ve been following this promotion, you’ll notice the odd man out here, Rick Sanders, who has done little to deserve a title shot. No surprise when Mean Jean Cattley rolled him up for the win, capitalising on a Hill Death Drop after 13.08. [I] [COLOR=Blue]Mean Jean Cattley wins[/COLOR] to retain the USPW National Title (B-)[/I] Afterwards, Mean Jean grabs a mic, and says he’s unbeatable (B-). He’s then joined by Rip Chord and Cherry Bomb, who are out for Bomb’s match, and they all share in his victory (B). [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] Thompson was outnumbered in this match, but reversed a head scissors into a sit down powerbomb, and pulled out the unlikely victory at 5.36! [I][COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson beat Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Mean Jean Cattley and Rip Chord jumped into the ring, causing Thompson to bail out, and rush off to the back, with Cattley behind him (C). We then cut to Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood, who cut an interview against their opponents, Element of Surprise (C), before they headed to the ring. [COLOR=Blue]Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood (c) vs Element of Surprise[/COLOR] for the USPW Tag Team Titles The bigger heels proved dominant here, and while Doom and Russell were brawling outside the ring, Giant Redwood threw American Elemental into the ring post, before finishing him off with a powerbomb at 5.53. [I][COLOR=Blue]Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood beat Element of Surprise[/COLOR] to retain the USPW Tag Team Titles (C)[/I] We then went to out back, where Cherry Bomb was on the mic complaining about her loss to Joss Thompson (C+), before we went over to Emma Chase, who was with Bryan Holmes. Holmes was wisely quiet, as Chase did the hyping for the Main Event (B+). Next, Fumihiro Ota was out to the ring, followed by Puerto Rican Power, who said he hoped for a fair match tonight, with no interference from Ota’s friends (B-). [COLOR=Blue]Puerto Rican Power vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] At almost 18 minutes, this match took it out of both men, but they work really well together. PRP didn’t get his non-interference wish, as Rip Chord ran out to attack him. However, PRP dodged a clothesline attempt, and deposited Chord from the ring. Ota tried to roll PRP up, but PRP rolled through to get the pin in 17.50. [I][COLOR=Blue]Puerto Rican Power beat Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] (B)[/I] Rip Chord jumped PRP after the match, but Morpheus came down and ensured that the heels headed towards the back (B-). Then we got the pre-Main Event hype, first by Nemesis (B+), and then Chase / Holmes (B+), before Rip Chord joined the announce booth for the Main Event. [COLOR=Blue]Nemesis (c) vs Bryan Holmes[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title I could have guessed it – these two men don’t click. That’d be as they work two completely different styles! It was not to matter though, as they put on a great, flowing match. Bryan Holmes had Nemesis in a Crossface, when suddenly Nemesis’ DaVE colleague Eric Tyler jumped into the ring, and started beating down Holmes, casuing the DQ at 22.11. [I][COLOR=Blue]Bryan Holmes beat Nemesis[/COLOR] by DQ (B+)[/I] The beatdown continued, until the music of Jungle Jack hit! He made his return after almost four months out, and came to the rescue of Bryan Holmes, causing Tyler and Nemesis to bail out of the ring (C+). [I]Overall Rating B[/I]

1,600 people! Fickle public. See if I care. Well, I obviously do. Three main things to come out of the show – Bryan Holmes and Nemesis don’t click. Didn’t think they would, but they can still put on a great match. Secondly, we signed Eric Tyler. The plan was always to sign a DaVE guy to help out Nemesis. It was down to Tyler and Alex Braun, and Tyler got the nod, as I want to see a match between him and Holmes. Thirdly, Jungle Jack is back, making our Main Event scene quite strong at the moment. Oh, and Cool Cage almost arrived too late for the dark match. Rookies.

December: Hey, I’ve had this job a year now! I would do a yearly review, but I may as well do an end of year review instead. Let’s just say that USPW has a lot more star power now than it did, but because I ran too many show’s after losing some stars early on, I’m still less popular than when I started. But I’m going in the right direction! WEXXV has gone out of business. Joey Poison isn’t Head Booker of 4C anymore. And we’ve got a show this Friday: Billy Russell vs Fumihiro Ota Jungle Jack vs Danny Rushmore Mean Jean Cattley (c) vs Joss Thompson for the USPW National Title Bryan Holmes and Brent Hill vs Nemesis and Eric Tyler The show will be an hour and a half. We’re giving our fans a little more, permanently! Pete the Hillbilly is gone from USPW. Bye!

[I](Thanks for the feedback - I was beginning to wonder if I was doing this diary for anyone but myself! To me booking Nemesis as an unstoppabel monster at the beginning was a given, as he was sooo much better than the rest of the roster. The gap's closing though!)[/I] Friday: First out was Captain USA, who defeated Mr Patterson (C-), before deciding it wise to challenge Nemesis. [COLOR=Blue]Mick Muscles vs Rick Sanders[/COLOR] We did this a few weeks ago, and they didn’t click then, so they were hardly likely to here, either. This time though Mick Muscles got the win, after 3.31. [I][COLOR=Blue]Mick Muscles beat Rick Sanders[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Jungle Jack was next out, and took to the mic saying that he felt better than ever, and was back to entertain the fans of USPW (B-) [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] No, these don’t click either. Don’t think you’ll be surprised when I tell you Jack won this one at 4.42. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Danny Rushmore [/COLOR] (C)[/I] Nemesis was out next with Eric Tyler, and he ran down his partner’s history in DaVE, how they have teamed together before, and how they both have a common enemy in Bryan Holmes. Tyler took the mic, and said he had come to just one more promotion where he could make Holmes tap out (B+). [COLOR=Blue]Billy Russell vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] American Elemental did good work at ringside, but not enough, as Ota won at 8.37 after a Ninja Strike. [I][COLOR=Blue]Fumihiro Ota beat Billy Russell[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] We got the Rip Chord / Cherry Bomb / Mean Jean Cattley / Fumihiro Ota reunion in the ring, and they ripped into their targets – Blue Pill and Joss Thompson. Mean Jean Cattley said that he’d put his title on the line next, as that’s the only way he could be sure that Thompson would turn up (B-) [COLOR=Blue]Mean Jean Cattley (c) vs Joss Thompson[/COLOR] for the USPW National Title Joss Thompson once again got the outnumbered feeling, and this time it was to prove his undoing. Ota jumped to the ring apron, distracting everyone, allowing Cherry Bomb to sneak in and hit the Cherry Popper. Cattley made the pin at 10.45 to retain his title. [I][COLOR=Blue]Mean Jean Cattley beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] to retain the USPW National Title (B-)[/I] The heels piled into the ring to attack Thompson, until Morpheus and Puerto Rican Power charged down from out back. The heels didn’t flee, and we got a full blown brawl, which was only stopped when Rip Chord took the mic, and made a match for the next show – Blue Pill and Joss Thompson vs Fumihiro Ota, Mean Jean Cattley and Cherry Bomb (B-). Emma Chase was then shown with her clients BH and BH, hyping the Main Event (B+). Then we got down to business. [COLOR=Blue]Bryan Holmes and Brent Hill vs Nemesis and Eric Tyler[/COLOR] Um, this was our best match. Ever. Technical masterpiece. Even the crowd liked it. Tyler got the win, forcing Hill to submit to the Tradition Lift after 17.34. [I][COLOR=Blue]Nemesis and Eric Tyler beat Bryan Homes and Brent Hill [/COLOR] ([B]A[/B])[/I] Eric Tyler took to the mic, and said that Bryan Holmes would get a rematch for the USPW World Title, but only if he got through a submission match with him next week (B+). [I]Overall Rating B[/I]

We only have one more show this year, so I’m thinking we’ve just seen our Match of the Year. Although there’s every chance Bryan Homes vs Eric Tyler could run it close in a fortnight. Jungle Jack is currently building up his momentum again, now he’s back from injury. Ah yes, we sold out too. I’d have been pretty mad if we hadn’t. The vent started slowly. But boy it delivered at the end. And in an amazing TV taping this week, SWF had three of their titles change hands. First Flex defeated Freddie Datsum to regain the Shooting Star Title, before Texas Pete teamed with Runaway Train to take the Tag Team Titles off Sexual Aggression. Finally, Skull DeBones got his reward for a good year by defeating Rich Money for the World Heavyweight Title. They seemed to be unable to wait just one day for the Christmas Clash PPV, which saw no titles change hands. I’m guessing their advance buys were down. In more news, PGHW Glory Crown Title holder Eisaku Hoshino has left his company. He only won the title a week ago, and has had a match of the year defence since then. However, no contract agreement has been met, and he’s now gone! Believe me, if he was interested in working in the USA, we’d be after him. A hastily arranged match at the Japanese Peace Festival saw Mito Miwa defeat Yoshimi Mushashibo for the vacant title, in another match of the year candidate.

Announced for the last show of the year: Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood (c) vs Mick Muscles and Brent Hill for the USPW Tag Team Titles Blue Pill and Joss Thomspson vs Mean Jean Cattley, Fumihiro Ota and Cherry Bomb Bryan Holmes vs Eric Tyler And Darryl Devine has done it again, and is TCW All Action Title holder. Let’s see if it lasts more than a day.

Friday: Element of Surprise teamed with the renewed contracted DD McCall to defeat Sanders, Rushmore and Cool Cage (C). We then went into: [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Tribal Warrior[/COLOR] As we all know, Tribal Warrior only appears to job. Jack Hammer, 3.37. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Tribal Warrior[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] After the match, Jungle Jack got on the mic, and thanked the fans for a wonderful year. They’ve made him really welcome at USPW, and he was just sorry that his missed part of the year, injured. He said next year he’ll be back, and hunting down titles again (B). Emma Chase then came out with her clients Brent Hill and Mick Muscles for their Tag Title shot, when Rip Chord came out, and said that if they failed to win the titles tonight, she would not be allowed ringside in the Main Event (B-) [COLOR=Blue]Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood (c) vs Mick Muscles and Brent Hill[/COLOR] for the USPW Tag Team Titles Brent Hill hit an early Death Drop on Corporal Doom, but was then thrown from the ring by Giant Redwood. He landed hard on the floor, and had to be helped in by Mick Muscles to avoid being counted out. He had no idea where he was though, and proved easy to pin at 6.50. [I][COLOR=Blue]Corporal Doom and Giant Redwood beat Mick Muscles and Brent Hill[/COLOR] to retain the USPW Tag Team Titles (C)[/I] Rip Chord was soon out to re-emphasise the fact that Emma Chase was now out of the Main Event (B+). Blue Pill then came to the ring with Joss Thompson, and they all got a bit of time on the mic ripping into Rip Chord’s motley crew (B) before their match. [COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill and Joss Thomspson vs Mean Jean Cattley, Fumihiro Ota and Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] Puerto Rican Power got the pinfall in this one, after the match had descended into a wild brawl, which just left him in the ring with Cherry Bomb at 13.27. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill and Joss Thomspson beat Mean Jean Cattley, Fumihiro Ota and Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] Nemesis was out next, and he questioned what Captain USA was doing challenging him to a match at the last show. Nevertheless, he accepted, right now (B-). [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Nemesis[/COLOR] in a non-title match 2.46 squash, but Captain USA is back! [I][COLOR=Blue]Nemesis beat Captain USA[/COLOR] (B-)[/I] Nemesis then got on the mic, and said that if Bryan Holmes got past Eric Tyler tonight, that was what was waiting for him (B+). We then cut to out back, where Emma Chase was preparing Holmes (A), before he headed out the ring on his own. [COLOR=Blue]Bryan Holmes vs Eric Tyler [/COLOR] in a submissions match. Did I say last show’s match was a technical masterpiece? Scrap that – this one was a true masterpiece. About 7 different submission moves were used, until Tyler was forced to tap to a crossface at 24.41. [I][COLOR=Blue]Bryan Holmes beat Eric Tyler [/COLOR] (A)[/I] [I]Overall Rating B+[/I]

Two A’s in a row! A year ago we couldn’t get into B territory. Admittedly, a year ago we didn’t have the roster that we have today. A sold out arena saw a technical masterclass, which has set up another title shot for Bryan Holmes. Soon we should be back to the 55% popularity level that’ll meet our second owner goal – and the only way is up from there. Only the sponsor money is keeping us from a loss at the moment, but I don’t care – there’s almost $400,000 in the bank now. [I]End of Year Awards, and a Year in Review will be the next stop…[/I]

Good show. Right now, I'm booking Nemesis in DAVE as the main man, but not totally unbeatable. Much like you, Tyler is the Arn Anderson to Nemesis' Ric Flair. Haven't found a good use for Holmes yet. I've rescheduled my shows so I can use him more often. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the End of Year Awards and the Year in Review. I'm hoping some of the major storylines (Nemesis arrival, Chord's involvement, etc ) will be reviewed.

Slight delay in the End of Year awards - they'll be up early tomorrow, but they're stuck on a different computer. All be be reviewed, so everyone can have a god laugh remebering the Giant Redwood World Tite reign. I'm four months on in the game, and still no-one's come in for Hoshino. I know it's going to take a while, but I'l be over the moon if I ever can bring him in - even if it's 2010!

2007: 2006 End of Year Awards: Wrestler of the Year –[B] Mito Miwa[/B] Well deserved, two runs as champion, and has pulled out some great matches. 43 – 11, averaging B+, max A*. Current PGHW Glory Crown Champion. #1 in Top 100 Young Wrestler of the Year – [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] 21 year old at BHOTWG. 36 – 19 – 2, averaging B, max B+. #40 in Top 100 Veteran Wrestler of the Year – [B]Optimus[/B] 48 year old at BHOTWG. 20 – 21 – 1, averaging B+, max A. #15 in Top 100 Female Wrestler of the Year – [B]Thunder Hike[/B] 36 year old at 5SSW. 5 – 6 – 1, averaging C+, max B-. #77 in Top 100 Promotion of the Year – [B]SWF[/B] Only global fed in the world. 90% popularity in US, almost $250 million in the bank. Most Improved Promotion of the Year – [B]NOTBPW[/B] Up to National in Canada, Deano Machino has proved a fine booker. Match of the Year – [B]Hooded Kudo beat Tadiyuki Kikkawa [/B] at Night of the Burning Hammer The fourth of a six match battle over the Burning World Championship, rated A*. The “only” A* rated match either men had this year. Show of the Year – [B]BHOTWG Night of the Burning Hammer[/B] Dominated by Kudo vs Kikkawa, but a solid card Top 10 wrestlers: Mito Miwa, Tadiyuki Kikkawa, Yoshimi Mushashibo, Kinnoji Horri, Shuji Inukai, Sean McFly, Hooded Kudo, Eisaku Hoshino, Tommy Cornell, Buddy Garner Not that the best wrestlers are Japanese or anything…. We did have wrestlers in the Top 100 - #37 Bryan Holmes and #64 Eric Tyler. Yes, I don’t think I had much to do with them being there, except maybe their match together in December. Also, don’t think I had much to do with Enygma being at #65.

End of Year Review Where to start – I know, with wrestlers who were originally at USPW! This shouldn’t take long: [COLOR=Red]Giant Redwood[/COLOR] – had a 3 month reign as USPW World Champion, and it bombed. Has chemistry with no-one, but now tag team champion due to a booking error. Run for 6 months, which should tell you something about our tag team division. Calls C+ a great match. Tried with 3 different mangers – none have worked. No longer a booker – and no longer a Main Eventer. [COLOR=Red]Corporal Doom[/COLOR] – TCW and DaVE jobber, USPW Tag Team Champion. The more talented of the Tag Team Champions. No, I’m not saying much. [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey [/COLOR] – 26 – 8 in 2006, shared with WLW, who managed to let him get injured in June for six months. Had a good run as National Champion. Ready to come back, and needs to start pulling off some good matches. The improved quality of the roster will help, as Monkey seems unable to carry a match by himself. [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA[/COLOR] – also wrestles for 4C, lost his CGC job to Nemesis. Had a good run with Whistler, but since he’s been let go has done little. Good entertainer, bad in the ring. [COLOR=Blue]Mick Muscles[/COLOR] – had a mini push in the summer, and is still showing promise, especially after a good National Title match with Mean Jean Cattley. CGC Canadian Champion. [COLOR=Red]Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] – No type of push, solid if unspectacular performance. By no means an embarrassment, unlike many of the initial roster. [COLOR=DarkRed]Sheik Mustafa[/COLOR] – far too old for the ring, and has moved into Road Agenting full time. [COLOR=Blue]Emma Chase[/COLOR] – Not used at first, now manages Bryan Holmes, Brent Hill and Mick Muscles. Even wrestled in a dark match, but is more importantly great on the mic. [COLOR=DarkRed]Shane Sneer [/COLOR] – at just about every promotion you could think off. Managed Doom and Redwood to Tag Team glory, but disagreements with Redwood (ie Redwood is rubbish with all managers) caused him to move into the announce booth with Danny Jillefski and Micky Starr. [COLOR=DarkRed]Micky Starr[/COLOR] – Road Agent and colour commentator. Been joined in road agenting duties by Sheik Mustafa and The Stomper. [COLOR=DarkRed]Danny Jillefski[/COLOR] – managed Redwood for his title reign, is now concentrated on commentary again. [COLOR=Red]Eric the Bull [/COLOR] – now known as “The Bull”. Don’t have someone rubbish called Eric on your roster when you’ve got Eric Tyler. It’s not worth it. Virtually unused, but has passable talent. Al the Hillbilly, Cheetah Boy, Patrick Cool and Tribal Warrior – don’t worry, their contracts will expire soon. At least Tribal Warrior gets a match every now and then.

Our new stars: [COLOR=Red]Nemesis[/COLOR] – 29 – 4 at USPW, 57 – 11 – 3 in total. Average Rating of B- quite acceptable, due to the amount of matches that he’s been asked to carry. Had a very successful World Title run, also had the National Title for a month. DaVE Unified Champion. And most importantly, has turned down TCW twice in 2006. [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack[/COLOR] – 29 – 5 – 1 at USPW, also wrestles for DaVE and GCG. Greatly improved his entertainment skills (microphone from F to C-). Star in the South East, and has pulled out some great matches. Now back from a four month recovery from a hernia op. [COLOR=Blue]Bryan Holmes[/COLOR] and [COLOR=Red]Eric Tyler[/COLOR] – two DaVE technical masters, just setting out on USPW careers. Will teach the roster a lot. [COLOR=Red]Mean Jean Cattley[/COLOR] – talented, but also very lucky. Was scheduled to lose to Jungle Jack, then Jack got injured. Enygma was brought in to win the match, but then agreed a deal with TCW, which left Cattley to gain his biggest win of his career. Managed to carry on this momentum to win the USPW National Title. Improving, and definitely a Main Eventer of the future. [COLOR=Blue]Puerto Rican Power[/COLOR] – 26 – 6 – 2 at USPW, also works for DaVE. Had a run as Tag Team champion with Morpheus, and National Champion after inflicting a rare defeat on Nemesis. Still improving, fixture of our shows. [COLOR=Blue]Morpheus[/COLOR] – aka American Buffalo, lacks the stamina to be a consistent Main Eventer. Has done well nonetheless – it always helps when you’ve got great chemistry with Nemesis. Also works for DaVE [COLOR=Red]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] – an early signing, had a good feud with Hell Monkey over the National Title, without ever getting his hands on it. Consistently good, now working for Rip Chord. [COLOR=Blue]Brent Hill [/COLOR] – Superb all rounder, shared with NOTBPW and DaVE. Best match of the year was at USPW, when he teamed with Bryan Holmes to take on Nemesis and Eric Tyler. Still loses a few matches, but has worked well with Emma Chase. [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson[/COLOR] – previously an unknown, I’m insisting on using him, although his win / loss record isn’t the best (9 – 31). Improving, and pulls off decent matches. That’s the main guys. There are more, but obviously it looks like I’m not concentrating on them.

Rookies: Two rookies are currently plying their trade at USPW: [COLOR=Blue]DD McCall[/COLOR] – aka Derek Deacon, currently using a superhero gimmick. He’s got the look, and not much else. Not an embarrassment in the ring though. [COLOR=Red]Cool Cage[/COLOR] – aka Timothy Nielsen. Great charisma, decent brawling skills. Will get his turn at glory.

Year in Review: The year started pretty badly, with Giant Redwood as USPW World Champion, and seemingly booked in a never ending feud with Captain USA. Fortunately, the National Champion (Hell Monkey) actually carried some talent, but even his main feud at this time (with Cherry Bomb) failed to deliver expected results. The ray of light was Jungle Jack, who was fighting his way through the lower card, before he got himself into the title frame. It was at USPW Liberty and Justice in March that finally Redwood’s reign ended, after he was pinned by Jungle Jack, cleanly. The show will equally be remembered for the debut of Nemesis, who proceeded to steamroller through the rest of the roster, winning the National Title off Hell Monkey in May. He feuded with the American Patriots of Captain USA and Whistler, and at the second time of asking defeated Jungle Jack in June to become a double champion. Meanwhile, Puerto Rican Power and Morpheus had debuted as Tag Team Blue Pill, and they defeated Savage Fury for the titles in February. In June Puerto Rican Power earned his right for a National Title shot against Nemesis, which he won, to become our second double champion. Previous champion Hell Monkey picked up an injury, and missed the rest of the year. At this time, Mick Muscles had a face turn after a confrontation with, of all people, Danny Rushmore, and started to build some momentum. Nemesis continued to defend against the American Patriots, while Puerto Rican Power feuded with Joss Thompson and Cherry Bomb. Jungle Jack moved onto a feud with one of our first signings, Fumihiro Ota, and one of our newer signings, Mean Jean Cattley. Before the blow off match with Cattley, Jungle Jack had to have a hernia op, but his spot was taken by Enygma, who left SWF. Just before the first show he was to appear in, it was announced that Enygma was signing for TCW, which meant that Cattley got the win, and so started his push. In July, Blue Pill lost the Tag Team Titles to the new team of Giant Redwood and Corporal Doom, who had been put together by Shane Sneer. Although this was a booking error, it was never reversed, as it freed both men up for singles pushes. They feuded with Nemesis, which was really kicked off when Rip Chord became the new commissioner, and instantly made enemies of Blue Pill. Chord set up a group which contained Fumihiro Ota, Mean Jean Cattley and Cherry Bomb, and helped Cattley win the National Title off Puerto Rican Power in October. Meanwhile, Emma Chase was managing both Mick Muscles and Brent Hill, both of whom got title shots at the USPW World Title, and both failed. Nemesis was not playing ball with Rip Chord, so he demanded that Emma Chase find a suitable wrestler that would be able to take the title off him. This she managed to do, when she brought in Bryan Holmes. His title shot at Thanksgiving Thunder was ruined when Nemesis’s DaVE running buddy Eric Tyler interfered in the match, rescuing his partner. What this did do was lead to two of the best matches in USPW history, when Nemesis and Eric Tyler defeated Bryan Holmes and Brent Hill, before Bryan Holmes defeated Eric Tyler to earn another shot at the USPW World Title in the New Year. We’re heading into the New Year, and Bryan Holmes has a guaranteed title shot. Jungle Jack has just returned, and Hell Monkey is ready to go. Joss Thompson spent last year chasing after Cherry Bomb, but since she has joined with Rip Chord, he’s enjoyed a face turn. Unfortunately, this has left him facing the wrath of the commissioner. Still, the concentration going into the New Year is Bryan Holmes quest for the title.

2006 – Best matches: December: Bryan Holmes beat Eric Tyler in a submissions match (A) December: Nemesis and Eric Tyler beat Bryan Holmes and Brent Hill (A) November: Bryan Holmes beat Nemesis by DQ (B+) October: Puerto Rican Power vs Fumihiro Ota went to a no contest after Nemesis interfered (B+) October: Nemesis beat Morpheus to retain the USPW World Title (B+) August: Fumihiro Ota beat Jungle Jack (B+) November: Nemesis beat Brent Hill to retain the USPW World Title (B+) August: Nemesis beat Brent Hill to retain the USPW World Title (B+) Best matches involving original USPW workers: May: Nemesis beat Hell Monkey for the USPW National Title (B-) February: Hell Monkey beat Fumihiro Ota to retain the USPW National Title (B-) October: Mean Jean Cattley beat Mick Muscles to retain the USPW National Title (B-) March: Nemesis beat Mick Muscles (B-) April: Nemesis beat Captain USA (B-) December: Nemesis beat Captain USA (B-) May: Nemesis beat Captain USA as part of a gauntlet match (B-)

Thanks for the feedback - glad to see I've inspired someone to start a diary! My first diary I did back on the 400 boards for TEW 2004 was a Smackdown diary, where I went all out with the match reports. However, that burnt me out quickly, and I'm much prefering the shorter reports, which allows me to include business details, and spotlights on other promotions.

Archived