Two major TNA staff members fired

TNAfan123

Well couldn't Paul be brought in and groom that new guy on the creative team Matt Conway also D'Amore isn't that old if they bring him in. Problem is with the E mainly using "proffesional writers" there aren't many bookers around/being groomed at the moment and for TNA to go with a complete unknown atm is a big risk.

Personally Raven and Foley would be intresting as they both seem to have the mind for the job if you want new guys as far as booking is concerned.

Edit: Also don't think people would want to see ECW 2.0 but more TNA Max instead of WWE Lite so to speak.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the ongoing saga here is something the UK Sun posted on it naming Nash, Heyman and Cornette as frontrunners to become head of creative.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2570775/Paul-Heyman-has-been-linked-with-a-return-to-the-wrestling-fold-with-TNA.html

Nash? NASH???!! :eek:

Heh. More fingerpoke of doom, I guess. Splendid choice. Applause.

Kevin "I’ve been a fan of Russo since Day One. Always have been. There’s a lot of people who don’t like his style of booking. But it’s just like people who watch a movie like Closer with Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman and say “I don’t really like the movie”. And then I say “Did you not like the movie or did you not get it?”. I think he writes smart TV and you have to pay attention. There’s a lot of nuisances that can make sense that kind of connect the dots if you don’t really pay close attention they don’t make sense to you. For me the show Damages on F/X is one of the smartest written shows because you can’t be on the phone and watch that show. You have to commit yourself to watching the show – and you have to do that with us. If you’re going to criticize Russo and fast-forward or TiVo the show, you won’t get the nuisances and what he’s trying to accomplish. He doesn’t sit down and write a two-hour show and expect you not to watch the pre-tapes and say you don’t understand it and say the writing is bad. Try watching a movie with no sound. That’s the beauty of living in the United States or Canada – we have those rights to criticize. I don’t really care if you like my work, don’t like my work, like me, don’t like me; as long as you’re watching I’m happy" Nash.

TNA is doomed. Altough, can things get any worse in TNA in the end?

Nash? NASH???!! :eek:

Heh. More fingerpoke of doom, I guess. Splendid choice. Applause.

Personally I loved that story line. I couldn't word it any better than the man himself. To quote that man (Nash) " Yeah that angle pissed a lot of people off because it worked, and it worked because they're pissed. Everyone was expecting a big blow out..." He went on to re invent the story line a little talking about his "characters" attitude and mind state following the victory over Goldberg which he later found out he got with the help of a taser.

As for the topic I'm personally against an active wrestler being in control of the booking. As for the new vs established debate why not go with a combination of both. I like the idea of going with a complete unkown all be it a great risk, it could lead to great rewards. Anything would be better than the watered down WWF shows they've been running since they added an extra hour to their time slot.

Any relation to Julio Dinero, inexplicably one of my favourite latter-day ECW wrestlers?

It's kinda weird, but no more so than Dolph Ziggler. Better in fact, it's weird "hmm, that's interesting" as opposed to "hmm, that's a lame name". At least to my ears.

Yeah I like it and its fits his preacher like on screen personality, will have to wait and see how he fills it in though and what TNA does with it.

btw anyone else love that brawl on last nights impact?? Was apparently booked by Cornette too as opposed to Russo.

Yeah I like it and its fits his preacher like on screen personality, will have to wait and see how he fills it in though and what TNA does with it.

btw anyone else love that brawl on last nights impact?? Was apparently booked by Cornette too as opposed to Russo.

that would explain why i enjoyed it then, i thought it was a little too thought out for russo.

Burke has been known as the "black pope" for a while, he even called him self it on the chost hunters show he was on. I think they are trying to use teh "pope" gimmick some how.

As for the brawl i did don't know. It was good but it seamed a little to nwoish for me. It reminded me alot of the backstage attacke where they tossed rey into the trailer. The cops coming in and everything. It was good and diffrent for tna but i don't know. I did like that while the guns did not care during there match they came out to fight in the brawl. It was almost breaking charactar but not full on kayfabe.

They came out because Kyoshi and Bashir attacked them post match for no real reason after the Daniels vs Young match. For the brawl being too NWO'ish well everything has kinda been done before it is about the excecution and I found it executed very well just escaleting at a nice pace and cool back and forth and different camera shots. The only thing that bothered me was the match continuing and not being thrown out. And come on rey being the worlds biggest lawn dart was cool as heck and so was this hehe.

O i loved the lawn dart thing......I had never seen anything like that before. I enjoyed the brawl, it was a good way to put over the teaming up of the world and mem.

On a side note i do fell that last night the world joining main event mafia was a mistake. Again, it is just getting to big. Right now they have taken three grouped. The british invasion and the world elite group *i know they were together but still* and added them to main event mafia. I think this will give the rub to the young guys now though I just hope no one gets lost in the shuffle.

In the ongoing saga here is something the UK Sun posted on it naming Nash, Heyman and Cornette as frontrunners to become head of creative.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2570775/Paul-Heyman-has-been-linked-with-a-return-to-the-wrestling-fold-with-TNA.html

That same article suggests Terry Taylor as a possibility. He's not nearly as glamorous a choice as the other three, but Taylor makes an awfully interesting pick. Taylor's been everywhere at some point, I understand that everyone gets along with him, and I get the impression that he's a pretty old school sort of guy. I know for a fact that Taylor has a lot less associated baggage than Nash, Heyman or Cornette. Depending on the company's intended creative direction, he could very well be a better choice than any of the three bigger names.

Kevin "I’ve been a fan of Russo since Day One. Always have been. There’s a lot of people who don’t like his style of booking. But it’s just like people who watch a movie like Closer with Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman and say “I don’t really like the movie”. And then I say “Did you not like the movie or did you not get it?”. I think he writes smart TV and you have to pay attention. There’s a lot of nuisances that can make sense that kind of connect the dots if you don’t really pay close attention they don’t make sense to you. For me the show Damages on F/X is one of the smartest written shows because you can’t be on the phone and watch that show. You have to commit yourself to watching the show – and you have to do that with us. If you’re going to criticize Russo and fast-forward or TiVo the show, you won’t get the nuisances and what he’s trying to accomplish. He doesn’t sit down and write a two-hour show and expect you not to watch the pre-tapes and say you don’t understand it and say the writing is bad. Try watching a movie with no sound. That’s the beauty of living in the United States or Canada – we have those rights to criticize. I don’t really care if you like my work, don’t like my work, like me, don’t like me; as long as you’re watching I’m happy" Nash.

You're my new hero.

Well I just got finished watching that last two episodes of Impact (love you DVR!) and I have to say that it really seems that things are changing in TNA. Maybe I am being optimistic but those last two episodes were pretty awesome. No out of whack booking, no gimmicks and all the matches had weight and seemed to mean something. Plus that all out brawl was one of the craziest things I have seen in wrestling in a while. It was well put together and it was not just an excuse to get people some TV time. It had meaning. Also I can see some amazing future stars starting to shine in TNA. From Matt Morgan who impresses me more and more every week to Big Supermex Hernandez, who always had the goods and now he is getting a chance to mix it up with some of the big dogs. The promos that TNA have been putting on about a Revolution seem to be real and I for one am excited to be apart of it. If the WWE is upping there game as much as TNA, then I need to turn into RAW and SMACKDOWN again. Its a good time to be a wrestling fan.

Well I just got finished watching that last two episodes of Impact (love you DVR!) and I have to say that it really seems that things are changing in TNA. Maybe I am being optimistic but those last two episodes were pretty awesome. No out of whack booking, no gimmicks and all the matches had weight and seemed to mean something. Plus that all out brawl was one of the craziest things I have seen in wrestling in a while. It was well put together and it was not just an excuse to get people some TV time. It had meaning. Also I can see some amazing future stars starting to shine in TNA. From Matt Morgan who impresses me more and more every week to Big Supermex Hernandez, who always had the goods and now he is getting a chance to mix it up with some of the big dogs. The promos that TNA have been putting on about a Revolution seem to be real and I for one am excited to be apart of it. If the WWE is upping there game as much as TNA, then I need to turn into RAW and SMACKDOWN again. Its a good time to be a wrestling fan.

The last two weeks of Impact were unfiltered Russo, which means jarrett wasnt there to tell him no on his ideas. I agree with you say the shows were good, very good imo.

Yeah but the ppv and the office keys on a pole where also Russo hehe. Plus as mentioned the brawl was Cornette's and I think Russo is still being filtered just by different people plus Mantell is gone who was supposadly also responsible for some of the wacky stuff.

Edit: How I would like to see it: Heyman + D'Amore + Conway + Taylor + Cornette FTW! lol Heyman as Headbooker with a more cult/risque/modern aproach, D'Amore with a more Modern/Mainstream aproach, Conway as Dixie's eyes and the talent being formed, Taylor with a more traditional/mainstream aproach and head of talent relations, Cornette with a traditional aproach and Heyman BS filter as he hates the guy, that is why also 3 other guys as go betweens/moderators/pacifiers whatever you want to call it. Also no bussiness responsibility for Heyman just headbooker and a good say in talent relations together with Taylor.

Yeah but the ppv and the office keys on a pole where also Russo hehe. Plus as mentioned the brawl was Cornette's and I think Russo is still being filtered just by different people plus Mantell is gone who was supposadly also responsible for some of the wacky stuff.

Edit: How I would like to see it: Heyman + D'Amore + Conway + Taylor + Cornette FTW! lol Heyman as Headbooker with a more cult/risque/modern aproach, D'Amore with a more Modern/Mainstream aproach, Conway as Dixie's eyes and the talent being formed, Taylor with a more traditional/mainstream aproach and head of talent relations, Cornette with a traditional aproach and Heyman BS filter as he hates the guy, that is why also 3 other guys as go betweens/moderators/pacifiers whatever you want to call it. Also no bussiness responsibility for Heyman just headbooker and a good say in talent relations together with Taylor.

Talk about too many chefs in the kitchen.

Archived