Your Car.....

Basmat01

What I wouldn't do for a classic Dodge Charger...

In reality, I drive whatever is given to me. I've had 3 cars my life so far and all have been freebies. My first being an 89 Mercury Topaz. My second being a (91 or 92, I forget) Ford Taurus. My current vehicle is a... 98 Chevy Malibu...

I love me some Chevy, but I'm not much of a Malibu fan. But it was a freebie, so it's fine with me. Sadly, I have to rely on other forms of transportation now since my starter in my Malibu died on me and don't have the money to afford a new one.

:(

Car I drive now is the same one I bought brand new WAY back in '96: Toyota Corolla.

Technically, I have 28 more since when my father died at the end of '07, he left me all of his (his major hobby was buying and restoring Cadillacs). So after my stepmom took the Escalade, STS, and Catera and my (half)siblings took what they wanted, I'm left to deal with the bulk of the fleet including

2 x 1972 Fleetwood convertibles (pink and white)

'79 (Gucci), '83, '86, '90, '92, '96, '01, '04 Seville

'31, '40, '46, and several 1950s of various models

and quite a few more

I still have to rub my backside when I think of the estate and inheritance taxes I had to pay on all of these.

I'm considering buying a 2010/11 VW though (I'm not a Mercedes/BMW kinda guy but love me some German engineering :p). Problem is, I don't drive my current car very often so buying a new one just seems....excessive.

Car I drive now is the same one I bought brand new WAY back in '96: Toyota Corolla.

Technically, I have 28 more since when my father died at the end of '07, he left me all of his (his major hobby was buying and restoring Cadillacs). So after my stepmom took the Escalade, STS, and Catera and my (half)siblings took what they wanted, I'm left to deal with the bulk of the fleet including

2 x 1972 Fleetwood convertibles (pink and white)

'79 (Gucci), '83, '86, '90, '92, '96, '01, '04 Seville

'31, '40, '46, and several 1950s of various models

and quite a few more

I still have to rub my backside when I think of the estate and inheritance taxes I had to pay on all of these.

I'm considering buying a 2010/11 VW though (I'm not a Mercedes/BMW kinda guy but love me some German engineering :p). Problem is, I don't drive my current car very often so buying a new one just seems....excessive.

how long did it take your grandfather to garner all those vehicles?

I have a 2000 Pontiac Firebird. It's a nice vehicle... when it works. Hasn't had too much trouble as of recent, which is nice. Of course that probably just means something is gonna break on it soon. Heck, one of the window motors is starting to get on the fritz, and I think I had to have it replace three years or so ago. Cursed American engineering...

how long did it take your grandfather to garner all those vehicles?

Um, wasn't my grandfather. It was my father. :) And he's been doing that since...what, late 70s? The white Fleetwood he owned when I was born (have a few baby pictures of me in and around it). Over the years I've learned that there are A LOT of people with these old cars laid up in their garages or somewhere that they'd sell for pennies on the dollar. I remember when I was 13, my father "flipped" a Studebaker General for like 3 times what it cost to buy and restore. His best friend owned a Tucker ffs (and only like 50 of those were ever made).

Don't have one. Don't even have a driver's license. :p

Sounds awesome to me.

Sadly, this part of the world is designed in a manner that basically forces you into buying a crappy vehicle and then spending large sums of cash on gas.

On the plus side, Texas otherwise rocks. Well, with a few exceptions...

Sounds awesome to me.

Sadly, this part of the world is designed in a manner that basically forces you into buying a crappy vehicle and then spending large sums of cash on gas.

On the plus side, Texas otherwise rocks. Well, with a few exceptions...

Let's just say that all the fee's and taxes + gas costs a lot more here than in the US, or atleast that's what I would assume.. The license costs about .. I don't know, 1200-1500 euros, gas prices are somewhere between 1.2e to 1.5 euros per litre, diesel is 1.0 to 1.15 e/l. The situation works wonders for me actually since I live just 8km from the center of Tampere and 8km from my work, which is to the other direction. I go around by bike (even in the fall and sometimes winter, if it's not that bad weather (-30 and streets full of ice) or by bus when I absolutely have to).

So license is about 1720 to 2150 dollars, Gas is about 1.72 - 2.15 dollars per litre. But isn't it gallons in the states? Don't know how much that is and am too busy to check that one out. :p

a 2009 Pagani Zonda F.......... no seriously

I have a few cars actually

2000 Mercedes C230 Sport edition

2010 Mazda 3

and looking to get a Hyundai Genesis Coup

I'd LOVE to get an american car like a Mustang a Charger or the new Challenger but they're either too expensive (most start at 30,000) or they're not as safe as the Japanese (see mustang)

1979 Pontiac Trans Am and a 2006 Ford Mustang GT:cool:

the trans am is more of a project car right now but itll be running before long.

the mustang gt is a hot car man.......I was thinking of getting that one but could not pass up the 500

Not really, the '93 Ranger and '87 Toyota are both paid for and taken care of. Only car payment is the Mustang.

But to make that investment in the first place... Why do you even need more than one? If there's two people working full-time in the house, then i can understand that, but why the third?

Archived