TEW2010 Developer's Journal Discussion

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else kind of hope there's a 'just one monster' style allowance? Or 'just one high flyer'?

I think it'd be good if it were to be more of a "ratio" type system. Like, say, in TCW, High Fliers/Cruiserweights have a 35% chance of being signed, as they obviously don't take up most of the roster, but are neccessary for the All-Action Division.

I'd say the issue is more about the push than the hire. Sure, the WWE will hire the odd small guy, but rarely do they ever get pushed. Putting a restriction on whether or not the company hires a certain type of wrestler might not be the answer, but I suppose product settings are already handling that.

Don't go overboard though...there has to be room for surpises right? For example

RW: Danielson to WWE, McLariat to TNA

C-Verse: Sam Strong in Japan, Eddie Peak in TCW, Kurt Kalamee in SWF

and so on

With your real world examples i agree with you on the Danielson to WWE..but MgGuinness does fit in perfectly in TNA and would have in WWE if he went there.

I'd also support a ratio mechanic. Banning high fliers from USPW doesn't allow those rare few individuals to make a scene.

For example, DaVE was all about hard core but some of their most awesome and lasting roster additions were lightweight high fliers (Acid, Scout & Guide).

Even 4C has a few big beefy hardcore cases (Sayeed, Brett Fraser) and CZCW as well (Frankie Perez... I think Primal Rage was with CZCW a few years).

Hiring restrictions if they're a set "yes/no" like with owner goals would have to be treated very carefully.

For example, maybe Steve Flash would semi-retire to MAW to help train the young'uns, but a hiring restriction of <30 yrs old would not allow those few exceptions.

OR allow the Ai to make exceptions based on priorities.

For example, Owner relationships trump hiring restrictions, so if Rip Chord is best friends with Steve Flash, Flash always has a chance to be hired no matter what kind of hiring restrictions are in place.

Why are so many assuming that C-Verse promotions will be automatically set to have hiring rules? The feature is primarily for modmakers to tailor their mods to their own vision for the mod. Does anyone really think Adam is going to shackle the C-Verse and restrict its operation in a way that doesn't make much sense? If any individual player wants to do that, they're welcome to. But INSPIRE isn't likely to hire spot monkeys or 'entertainers' in any real capacity now so why would a hiring rule even matter?

Why not? Why shouldn't MAW be geared towards hiring youth like their promotion says? Why shouldn't 4C or CZCW be tailored towards athleticism like their description says they are?

Why shouldn't BHOTWG be against MMA considering that's what inspired the whole INSPIRE incident to begin with?

I can't count the number of games where Giant Redwood becomes the CZCW championship or MAW completely throws it's youth out to dry and has Tribal Warrior vs. Steve Flash for their main event.

A very useful feature, hurray!

My one hope with the rules is that there is a combination (or a single rule) that can be put together which means a backyard promotion can be created which will only hire ****ty backyard wrestlers (possibly a combination of maximum budget only $100/FREE per wrester, maximum amount of wrestlers only 6/8, maximum skill allowance). The day Stretch the Chicken Boy gets hired is a day worth fighting for.

Why not? Why shouldn't MAW be geared towards hiring youth like their promotion says? Why shouldn't 4C or CZCW be tailored towards athleticism like their description says they are?

Why shouldn't BHOTWG be against MMA considering that's what inspired the whole INSPIRE incident to begin with?

I can't count the number of games where Giant Redwood becomes the CZCW championship or MAW completely throws it's youth out to dry and has Tribal Warrior vs. Steve Flash for their main event.

Spot on. And besides I wouldn't necessarily expect the restrictions to be preset by Adam himself and that it would be up to the player. Perhaps there are some players that won't be all that bothered if MAW ends up with a roster full of golden oldies that goes totally against what their description says, but it'll be nice to have the option to put in the hiring restrictions to counter against that.

And oh yeah as for the INSPIRE example Remianen brought up, I must admit I have not seen them tend to hire Spot Monkeys but I have seen them hire plenty of masked super juniors/cruiserweights and personally when I look at what INSPIRE is supposed to be all about, I don't think of flippity floppity types in masks...of any kind !

Great addition and I can already see that my street fighter promotions aren't going to hire any workers that don't have at least a certain amount of MMA skills. Likewise technical skills and my indy Linux feds :p

And to think some people were complaining because this would be a mod makers week of updates :)

Why are so many assuming that C-Verse promotions will be automatically set to have hiring rules? The feature is primarily for modmakers to tailor their mods to their own vision for the mod. Does anyone really think Adam is going to shackle the C-Verse and restrict its operation in a way that doesn't make much sense? If any individual player wants to do that, they're welcome to. But INSPIRE isn't likely to hire spot monkeys or 'entertainers' in any real capacity now so why would a hiring rule even matter?

Simple, Remi. One of the things Adam does with the C-Verse when he creates a new game is shuffle the rosters around to reflect the changes made in the game by the new features that have been added. This is a feature that would be a natural for that. Narrowly focused owners like Stomper and dictators like Eisen would have had these in place long ago if their great holy Ryland had allowed it. Why shouldn't those kind of characters have them pre-set to demonstrate how they look and work in the new game environment? And for that matter to explain why changes that may be occuring in their rosters happened. Makes a perfectly reasonable assumption to me.

I already foresee a LOT of people going over the top with this feature. There was a debate I engaged in on the forum not long ago about CZCW's roster and the types of people who would fit it... I deliberately didn't mention this feature (cos I'm legally not allowed to! :p) but was basically arguing this and the best application of it. If you are going to apply multiple rules then you need to use a light touch, as a handful of C level blocks will rapidly eliminate a LOT of the potential hiring base.

As it stands, you don't NEED to set CZCW to have B level athleticism and less than Big Heavyweight in their filters... there are so few guys who could be the first and the second that you wouldn't only need the first one. You don't need ratios for things... the SWF's are smart enough to hire good workers that fit their product, you basically just need to exclude a handful in order to make the most of them. For example, minimum lightweight + D charisma + D star quality would take care of most of their likely signings and get rid of a few really bad workers they might otherwise have hired.

Similarly, USPW shouldn't exclude small workers as then you cripple their women's division. Star quality would be good for them and the elimination of certain wrestling styles, which should then see them hire the kinds of workers you would expect.

It's all about thikning it through, which is obviously easier for me since I've got the game and have been running sim tests on my 97 data with the rules in place. :p

Archived