The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Sheamus v Show - Started off as a boring carbon copy of their HIAC match but the electric chair spot, dodgy finish and post-match beatdown freshened it up just enough. Both men need to move on now.

really?

the feud is red hot right now and Sheamus actually has incentive to continue his chase. That chair beatdown was the most aggressive thing Sheamus has done in years, he needed to stop being happy all the time.

Good PPV overall, really liked the Foley-Ziggler Team Match, Shemus-Show and the Championship match.

Good to see Ziggler winning, but I was a little suprised that they didn't have him cash in on Show...given how Shemus destroyed him. Mabey there waiting for TLC so that the can either set up a 3 fued with Show, Shemus and Ziggler when ziggler takes the title of shemus or something.

Really liked the ending to the Show-Shemus match, as showtime said they wen't alittle to far into the "I'm super silly but a tough guy!" cena persona with shemus. I want shemus to be alittle brutal, he's a good face because he has that legit aggresion, we don't need quite so many jokes. That beat down really got back to showing him as a legit tough guy threat.

I'm really intrigued by the Rookies up from NXT, I wonder how there going to play this.

I'd like to see Punk claim them right away, and have the premise of thier group not be "we're held down by the old gaurd!" like NExus but more "We are actual, legit wrestlers, Not Sport entertainers."

And have this group just be a vicious 4-5 (if brock shows back up) group of guys who no one likes but who win matches through out wresting people. They can cheat a bit, but don't make them a stright cowardly heel group, let them legit out wrestle people. Kind of like a stable of Agressive Tweeners for the IWC to get behind.

Kind of like an Indy invasion, rather than your traditional vs the establishement group.

Not entirely sure why you put related in quotation marks. That would be like saying I'm "related" to my mother.

Yes, Roman Reigns (Joe Anoa'i) is related to The Rock.

Because the relation isn't actually by blood. Afa and Sika's father considered Peter Maivia(The Rock's Grandfather) his "Blood Brother" but there is no actual relation other than through symbolism. They consider themselves related I suppose but technically they're not, which is why I used the quotes.

Alright even though this Cena/AJ/Vickie scandal thing is a bit unbearable, how great ate AJ and Dolph Ziggler together? Seriously that segment was so good and it made Ziggler look strong destroying Cena. Another thing, am I the only one that hopes AJ and Dolph in the end of whether this is heading end up together? I mean, I think the only logically way to get out of this storyline if the intentions is for Ziggler to win the feud is if he beats Cena and AJ helps him win. I mean that's the only way I could see them giving Ziggler the win under the impression that they won't give him a clean victory. Just my thoughts

really?

the feud is red hot right now and Sheamus actually has incentive to continue his chase. That chair beatdown was the most aggressive thing Sheamus has done in years, he needed to stop being happy all the time.

I don't mind the feud continuing but I see a recent trend of #1 contenders getting 2nd and 3rd chances for no good reason. Sometimes it works spamming feuds (Christian/Orton, Punk/Bryan) but only if they keep the matches fresh and interesting.

Raw was good. Most of the matches were brutal. Very PG-13. A shame the scripts for the promos/angles are still G-rated.

Highlights:

Cesaro's insanely good flying uppercut

All the matches in general

Ziggler putting Cena through the bathroom stall

PTP on commentary

The entire Punk segment at the end. Heyman's introduction, Punk's vow to beat Sammartino's record (only 6 years to go), NXT guys destroying Ryback again.

Loved me some titus on commentary, he had Cole and Lawler cracking up, which mabey wasen't what they should be doing with the Heel, but he was great.

For the most part I thought Raw was good, At least the AJ-Cena thing got a little more interesting but it's still a wasted segment for me.

I also really could have done without Ziggler being forced to trot out the Vinny Mac promo of "all you women are whores, and slaves to a guys D" We get it Vince, you have issues with Women.

seriously, that was so uncomfortable to watch. You could tell Ziggler was just trying to get through it so AJ could flip and beat on him.

I loved the Final segment up until the NXT guys, but that wasen't thier fault. The fault was that the finish tacitly acknowledges that WWE knows most of its audience doesn't watch the PPV.

If you watched the PPV, like I did, the ending was such a punch in the gut. It was the exact same ending to the PPV. great. I wanted to learn a little more about these guys this monday, but since the WWE knows a majority of thier audience didn't see them at SS, they had them redo the angle.

And now Ryback looks awful If you saw the PPV and Raw. Vicki is right. he's gotten to chances and failed, and now three rookies have devastated him twice in 2 days. So much for that "unstoppable" gimmick.

I don't mind the feud continuing but I see a recent trend of #1 contenders getting 2nd and 3rd chances for no good reason. Sometimes it works spamming feuds (Christian/Orton, Punk/Bryan) but only if they keep the matches fresh and interesting.

But even from a story perspective, it's not exactly difficult to explain why Sheamus deserves a re-match. I mean he got the dusty finish win but no title. When you beat the champ, you're the number one contender, barring "last chance ever" type stipulations.

Switching gears, does anybody else wish Kofi would go away for six months or more? Kudos to him that he hasn't needed an injury vacation, but he's been doing the exact same thing at the exact same spot in the card for four years now.

As a side note: I'd love to see the conversation the writing staff had with Cena.

"So, John... how's things since the divorce?"

"Rough, man. I'm... well, I'm lonely."

"I hear that. Wanna make out with AJ? I can make it happen..."

"If you could do that for me, man, that'd be a big help. Yeah."

"No problem!"

Thought the ending of Raw was actually pretty clever if I'm judging it right. Punk looking confused as hell (why are these guys here type thing), seems like Heyman is pulling the strings without Punk knowing. Punk saying that he beat Ryback and Cena all by himself two nights in a row as if he didn't even realize those guys had interfered at Survivor Series. Heyman then detracting the conversation from Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose before Punk could give his opinion.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much and over-estimating WWE's ability to be subtle :p

Titus O'Neill on commentary was absolutely brilliant, huge potential for this guy.

I thought the same about the Maddox thing, and hope the NXT guys are a continuation of that. I guess I have hope because Heyman and Punk are involved and so hopefully having some input into the way the story goes. Although that would seem like a setup for Punk to turn face again, and he's doing a great job as a heel right now.

And now Ryback looks awful If you saw the PPV and Raw. Vicki is right. he's gotten to chances and failed, and now three rookies have devastated him twice in 2 days. So much for that "unstoppable" gimmick.

He looks awful because he got beaten down in a three on one ambush - twice? If Ryback fights out of that then the attackers look kind've lame (I don't doubt he'll manage it at least once). Besides, it wasn't like he didn't get to fight back. He was struggling and smacking them around for a good minute, which is more than pretty much anyone else would get in a 3 on 1.

Ryback was booked very strong on raw in my opinion. They have to build four people *believe me, its hard enough to build one or two....but they are doing four*. Ryback looked strong against a three on one attack. It took a good minute or so to actuly get the upper hand. How often does that happen in that kind of attack. Usally its totally one sided. Ryback is strong because he lasted against three men and the three men are strong because they took out the monster.

I am a little bumbed that wwe did not pull the trigger on the Dean Ambrose vs foley feud.....That would have been awesome.