The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

What happened to Mr. Anderson? I do not recall seeing anything about him leaving or getting hurt once again. However, it seems like he has been off T.V. for some time.

Indeed. I looked on Wikipedia and it says that his latest match so far (or at least his latest PPV match so far) was at Turning Point 2011. I haven't heard anything about him and I haven't seen him on Impact for a few months now. I also haven't heard anything about him on any dirt sheets, which is...strange to say the least.

What happened to Mr. Anderson? I do not recall seeing anything about him leaving or getting hurt once again. However, it seems like he has been off T.V. for some time.

Maybe someone with taste figured out what an overrated mimic he is. And maybe just maybe TNA - Anderson = reason for me to fire the DVR up on Thursday night again.

I found the following on a website (No I am not going to cite which one because I am not working for the damn AP.)

As most have noticed, TNA Impact Wrestling star Ken Anderson has not appeared on TNA TV since the November 15th, 2011 edition of Impact Wrestling.

To update his status with the company, F4WOnline.com is reporting that the reason why Anderson has not appeared in any capacity for TNA since November is because the creative team reportedly has nothing for him right now.

More on this story as it continues to develop.

I guess this was just an odd coincidence that I posted what I posted.

Cappy, do not get me wrong I am no fan of him either. I do not dislike the guy, I just do not like him either. I guess from your post it is safe to say that you do not like him.:D

Quite like the principle of rotating the more popular stars in and out of the roster - keeping people fresh and nice and healthy. Should it be done more often?

I think it should....imagine WWE right now if Cena would take a couple of months off between title reigns and completely disappear. WWE would actually have a main event roster instead of just having Cena and Orton with a bunch of supporting characters to help keep them over. It stops the fans from becoming completely burnt out on someone.

I guess no one has noticed that Cena is not in the main event right now. His only iMPACT (haha) on Raw lately has been to support Ryder and be turned heel by Kane.

Back on topic, I have always been a fan of Anderson (Still randomly do the KENNEDY..... KENNEDY sometimes). I wouldn't mind seeing him back as soon as possible.

I think it should....imagine WWE right now if Cena would take a couple of months off between title reigns and completely disappear. WWE would actually have a main event roster instead of just having Cena and Orton with a bunch of supporting characters to help keep them over. It stops the fans from becoming completely burnt out on someone.

Cena and Orton haven't been champions in months. Orton's not even on the show at the moment. CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are the champs right now.

Cena isn't the Champion, but he's still one of the main focal points of every single episode of RAW. I'd wager he still gets more screen time than Punk, and has worked more TV main events in the past few months.

Rotating the main event rosters is cool. Although I can't exactly blame WWE for not doing it with their most bankable guys, who can still go.

Cena and Orton haven't been champions in months. Orton's not even on the show at the moment. CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are the champs right now.

CM Punk may be the champ but before this past week when was the last time he was in the final segment of a RAW? The focal point of RAW recently has been Kane/Cena when in reality it should be switched. Kane and Cena would a great mid program story to keep Cena alive on TV, keep the ratings strong after the divas match, and lead up to the Punk/Laurinitis confrontation to close the show.

History should show that a good anti-authority storyline is an instant ratings grabber when done right and CM Punk and John Laurinitis have the chemistry to really do something magic.

I went to the TNA House Show tonight in Worcester tonight. I missed the first two matches of the evening because my friends and I got up there late, I also kind of blame TNA for it. After all what wrestling show starts at 7:30? Most shows start at the top of the hour either 7 or 8.

They drew a pretty good crowd, if I had to guess it was about 300 people or so. The card wasn't held in the actual Centrum or whatever they call it now. It was held in the same building but just not in the main arena (which they would have not even come close to filling so it was a wise choice on there part.).

I missed Brooke and ODB taking on Rosita and Sarita. I also missed the Eric Young match (I did not catch who he was taking on.), which sucked because I am and always have been a huge fan of Eric Young so I thought it would be cool to see him wrestle in person once again.

The show itself was not that great to be honest. It seemed like the matches were very short. Maybe it is because I have become spoiled by seeing ROH and Dragon Gate shows over the past year, but I really wished they would have allowed the matches to go longer.

SoCal Val was doing the ring announcing and I must say you looked great, I couldn't hear a word she was saying but that didn't matter to me.:D

The intermission was horrible, it was 20 minutes of Don West yelling over the microphone about the great deals he had in store for us. I mean I understand it is his job but the guy would not shut the you know what up. I found it to be really annoying, mainly because I hate in your face sales people.

The biggest pops of the night were for Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson and RVD. I thought the main event was going to be pretty good because it was Daniels vs. Jeff Hardy but it was nothing special. I saw Daniels last year (at least I think it was last year) facing off with Mike Bennett (Once again I think it was Mike, my memory is not what it used to be I guess.) for a ROH show and that match was great. So I guess I expected more out of Daniels and it just was not there. Granted this was a house show, so there was no real reason to put on a great show, but I just thought it would be better after I had heard how great TNA house shows usually are.

I really wished Velvet Sky was on this card but sadly she was not...;)

• 2 weeks later...
I went to the TNA House Show tonight in Worcester tonight. I missed the first two matches of the evening because my friends and I got up there late, I also kind of blame TNA for it. After all what wrestling show starts at 7:30? Most shows start at the top of the hour either 7 or 8.

The TNA house show I went to started at 6:30. The WWE house shows I went to started at 5:30, 6:30, 7:00. I thought it was weird the first few times, and then sorta gotten used to it.

Yeah baby, how much of a huge deal did we make TNA look? :p

I have to wonder how many of those tickets were actually paid for, but given that it's England I'd assume most of them. Any pro wrestling show over here will sell, because we've got bugger all else. Hopefully it will add weight to my one-man Twitter campaign to make Gabe Sapolsky bring DG:USA to England. ¬_¬

Yeah the arena looked packed on Impact last night. Is anyone else growing tired of James Storm losing to Roode? He loses to him every other week it seems.

Also that was my first time seeing Mark Haskins. He seems decent. How come he is never used (or so it seems)? Has he ever gone by any other name?

He's a young British guy, was in a very decent tag team in several British indies. I think TNA discovered him on their European tour last year.

That Haskins botch was ugly.

Loved the crowd and them using an actual arena. Nice work on that one, Brits.

Haven't watched through the entire episode yet but made it most of the way through. There was something like 4 or 5 segments about Garrett Bischoff's trainer. Granted, two of those were really short segments, but still... that's overkill. TNA still doesn't get moderation at all. Half the time I watch, I feel like whoever is writing TNA now (looking at you, Paul Bearer) thinks my IQ is lower than my age and they need to absolutely bash into my head any key point they want to get across. TNA has always been that way and its always annoyed me.

Even worse was that the "mystery reveal" was someone they had already hyped as being on the show. That's just stupid.

Haven't watched through the entire episode yet but made it most of the way through. There was something like 4 or 5 segments about Garrett Bischoff's trainer. Granted, two of those were really short segments, but still... that's overkill. TNA still doesn't get moderation at all. Half the time I watch, I feel like whoever is writing TNA now (looking at you, Paul Bearer) thinks my IQ is lower than my age and they need to absolutely bash into my head any key point they want to get across. TNA has always been that way and its always annoyed me.

Even worse was that the "mystery reveal" was someone they had already hyped as being on the show. That's just stupid.

That botch was ugly. Reminded me of Brock Lesnar at Mania against Angle.

Is Percy Pringle writing TNA shows now?

The Hogan reveal thing was stupid because we all knew for weeks Hogan would be on the tour. So Bischoff saying he wouldn't be there was lame! TNA needs to really think about their shows and remove the stuff that makes no sense.

Paul Bearer isn't writing TNA, Bruce Pritchard/Brother Love is.

Paul Bearer isn't writing TNA, Bruce Pritchard/Brother Love is.

I thought Paul Bearer seemed "off" when I typed it... but I couldn't be bothered to double-check. Regardless, its someone new and I find it odd that no matter who seems to be doing the creative stuff, some of the same issues carry over.

I thought Paul Bearer seemed "off" when I typed it... but I couldn't be bothered to double-check. Regardless, its someone new and I find it odd that no matter who seems to be doing the creative stuff, some of the same issues carry over.

Maybe it is because some things are still the same...

Vince Russo is still writing things. Whoever is producing the show is the same. So if the people editing, producing, and directing are all the same you will have these slip ups.

I wonder if Tazz and Tenay are included in the booking meetings. If they knew Hogan was going to be a secret why would they hype him being in the arena and coming up next? If they are included maybe they should be kept in the dark about everything so they don't give things away that are coming up. To me that would be the best approach to take with all announcers and commentators for wrestling. It would seem more real anyways.

The TNA house show I went to started at 6:30. The WWE house shows I went to started at 5:30, 6:30, 7:00. I thought it was weird the first few times, and then sorta gotten used to it.

Honestly the last time I went to a WWE house show had to be around 1994 or so. They used to come to Providence (the closest city near me) what seemed to be like every other month back in the mid 80's to the early 90's, but then they cut it down to like twice a year if that. So I just stopped going, so yeah I guess I really do not know what the normal time for house shows to start is.

Mr Anderson was scheduled to appear at the Belgian house show a couple of weeks ago, so unless they lied to us about it he's still on the roster. Perhaps only working house shows.

When I saw their house show two weeks ago he was on the show so I think you are right he is probably just working house shows for now.

I wonder if Tazz and Tenay are included in the booking meetings. If they knew Hogan was going to be a secret why would they hype him being in the arena and coming up next? If they are included maybe they should be kept in the dark about everything so they don't give things away that are coming up. To me that would be the best approach to take with all announcers and commentators for wrestling. It would seem more real anyways.

I wonder if it was a case of them trying to mislead the audience into thinking it was someone else that was Garrett's trainer. I know when I heard them say it I was like, "Oh good maybe Hogan isn't his trainer and they are going to bring in someone else. After all they wouldn't be that dumb to hype Hogan and then have him show up as the secret trainer.", well obviously I thought wrong and they were that stupid...:D