North American Maps

Thought I'd make these up for the geographically challenged. Hope everyone enjoys them!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/CanadaMap.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/USAMap.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/MexicoMap.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/JapanMap.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/AustralianMap.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/UKMap.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa192/dse81_photo/EuropeanMap.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have gotten into this debate before but for the life of me I still cannot see how they consider Texas part of the Mid South and not the Southwest. And how Louisianna is part of the South East and not considered part of the Mid-South.

If Texas is southwest, then so is New Mexico and Colorado.

And take if Louisiana goes to the midsouth, as should Arkansas... and then magically the midsouth, becomes the midsoutheast as it is skewed right. Might as well just get rid of it with that logic.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to search on wikipedia for regions and cross reference those with an countries map which has the city I want on it. Now matter how many times I do it I always forget where major cities are.

This is definitely very helpful!

Might also use these to plot out where I've got promotions and dojos located, to get a visual indicator of how spread out the gameworld looks

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Kentucky is counted in the Great Lakes region in game. At least, it is in the Cverse venue descriptions. I suppose that doesn't really matter though.

As far as what it should be, that's a tricky one. Geographically it's hard to put it in the Great Lakes or Mid-Atlantic, since it's so far from the Lakes and Atlantic coast, but it's also pretty far north so it's hard to label it a Southeastern state.

I'd probably put it in the South East, as culturally that's probably where it should be.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to search on wikipedia for regions and cross reference those with an countries map which has the city I want on it.

Yeah, me too.

Now if only someone would make such a map for Japan as well... :D

I have gotten into this debate before but for the life of me I still cannot see how they consider Texas part of the Mid South and not the Southwest. And how Louisianna is part of the South East and not considered part of the Mid-South.

No part of American geography ever made sense to me. You've got IWA:Midsouth running out of Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana, which my mind just utterly fails to compute. None of them are even really mid, and they're certainly not south!

Then you've got yourself complaining that the state geographically slap-bang in the middle of the south should actually be in the south WEST. To my mind, Louisiana and Arkansas (possibly even Mississippi since I've always considered that and Louisiana to share a similar culture) should, if anything, join Texas in the mid-south. Texas, to my pitiful British mind, is the epitome of the mid-south.

Then there's the Mid-West, which should surely be the Mid-North, as not that much of it is actually in the west... The exact middle of mainland America, as I figure it, is Kansas. So surely North Dakota can't be Western... Even if you take Missouri as the middle, 'mid-west' still doesn't make a lot of sense, considering how much more west there already is.

No part of American geography ever made sense to me. You've got IWA:Midsouth running out of Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana, which my mind just utterly fails to compute. None of them are even really mid, and they're certainly not south!

Then you've got yourself complaining that the state geographically slap-bang in the middle of the south should actually be in the south WEST. To my mind, Louisiana and Arkansas (possibly even Mississippi since I've always considered that and Louisiana to share a similar culture) should, if anything, join Texas in the mid-south. Texas, to my pitiful British mind, is the epitome of the mid-south.

Then there's the Mid-West, which should surely be the Mid-North, as not that much of it is actually in the west... The exact middle of mainland America, as I figure it, is Kansas. So surely North Dakota can't be Western... Even if you take Missouri as the middle, 'mid-west' still doesn't make a lot of sense, considering how much more west there already is.

This is what happens when you form one country about the size of Europe in a relatively quick period.

The Great Lakes are usually what's used to split east and west (at least in Canada), not the actual middle. And pretty much everything on the East Coast of America is open for argument, but I based it off the old map that's floating around out there.

Mexico is probably right, but there may be some discrepancies between West Central and South East.

As for Canada, the North West Territories and Nunavut don't really fall into any region, so they just got stuck with the Prairies.

Japan is next on the list to do...

The Great Lakes are usually what's used to split east and west (at least in Canada), not the actual middle. And pretty much everything on the East Coast of America is open for argument, but I based it off the old map that's floating around out there.

Mexico is probably right, but there may be some discrepancies between West Central and South East.

As for Canada, the North West Territories and Nunavut don't really fall into any region, so they just got stuck with the Prairies.

Well in Canada, Quebec & the Maritimes are A LOT bigger then anything East of New York or Ohio.

Canada is skewed how it is also because of population. Most Canadian's consider Winnipeg the centre.

I wasn't putting the map down, it's an awesome map. Just counter-arguing BHK's point about Texas more than anything. I can see how the east-west thing works, kinda, since the Eastern states tend to be smaller but more densely populated (what can I say... us Brits like things compact, unlike the French and Spanish ¬_¬). So in terms of population, the Great Lakes probably works as a middle...

I wasn't putting the map down, it's an awesome map. Just counter-arguing BHK's point about Texas more than anything. I can see how the east-west thing works, kinda, since the Eastern states tend to be smaller but more densely populated (what can I say... us Brits like things compact, unlike the French and Spanish ¬_¬). So in terms of population, the Great Lakes probably works as a middle...

Lol sorry, didn't mean to sound defensive. Just trying to explain some geography.

Nice maps, I certainly appreciate the one on Canada which always confuses the hell out of me being an Australian.

America I find easier but a bit confusing, some states bother me like Kentucky and Missouri. Kentucky I always tend to throw into South East more from a cultural/wrestling standpoint than anything else. I lot of promotions who run Tennessee run Kentucky and I think they traditionally had a more southern style about their wrestling. I could be wrong on that though.

Missouri, God knows.

Places like Texas seem obvious to me. Mid South as Mid South can get and they definately have a different wrestling culture to say California.

Things like IWA Mid South, I just put that down to Ian Rotten being retarded. I mean I could open up NWA Greenland here in Australia if I wanted to. that would say more about me than about geography.

The geographic split between East and West in the United States is the Mississippi River. This is the eastern border of Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, and some of Minnesota. There are 24 states (including Alaska and Hawaii) west of the Mississippi and 26 to the east. This is mainly because the area east of the Mississippi was settled and urbanized long before the area west of the Mississippi.

As a wrestling territory buff, I fully agree with and endorse these maps. Beautiful job.

Thanks, only one small thing I noticed since I'm from Missouri. You listed cities, and you have Kansas City as part of Kansas, which puts it in another region. The main part where wrestling shows are put on is actually in Missouri, so that could throw things off if you wanted to run a show there.

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Kentucky is counted in the Great Lakes region in game. At least, it is in the Cverse venue descriptions. I suppose that doesn't really matter though.

Yeah, based on venues, Kentucky is part of the Great Lakes region in TEW and that's how it has appeared on the older maps.

Yeah, me too.

Now if only someone would make such a map for Japan as well... :D

Both the US and Japan have had maps for quite a while. I don't remember who did each one originally, but here are links to them:

USA: http://www.s90120014.onlinehome.us/files/tew/TEWUSARegions.jpg

JAPAN: http://www.s90120014.onlinehome.us/files/tew/TEWJapanRegions.jpg

Both are smaller and not quite as clear as these, nor do they include cities, which is very helpful. Perhaps the original poster wants to take a stab and doing a similar update for Japan?

Whoah wait, all this time I've been under the impression that New York was Mid-Atlantic coz of some region map I looked at.. and that was after I originally thought it was Tri-State!

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Now I've gotta go change a whole bunch of locations and popularities :/

Okay, I edited the USA Map to put Kentucky with the Great Lakes Region. Not sure how I messed that up the first time around lol.

awwwww... dse, don't give in to that. Kentucky really isn't a Great Lakes state. Yes, IWA Mid South works Kentucky, Illinois, and Indiana, but they pull local/small sized crowds wherever they go.

Kentucky is classified as a Southern state, and should really go with the other Southern states (Mid-Atlantic). I mean, it was apart of the original Virginia territory.

Is nobody here from Kentucky?

I think people in the Southern part of Kentucky would tell you they are Southerners to the bone.

That said, they were not an original member of the Confederacy, but became part of the Confederacy later on. They also play in the SEC in collegiate sports, which is the South Eastern Conference. I think culturally they are more akin to Southern states than Mid-Western or Northeastern states as well.

I'd say Southeast or Mid Atlantic is where Kentucky belongs

Kentucky is a varied state as much as people want to believe we are all rednecks and barefoot.

The extreme southeast and eastern parts of Kentucky(the mountains) are very country and somewhat backwards to anyone used to modern living. The people there are born there and live there until they die. The like it that way and the slow pace of living.

The "bigger" cities of Lexington and Louisville are quite a bit different while not truly being big cities. Northern Kentucky up near Cincinnati is like Lex/Lou are. Still not big city style, but not country at all. Western Kentucky, I don't know about as I've never been that way.

Northern Kentucky University is in the Great Lakes Valley Conference for sports.

Archived