What's going on in your game?

My previously mentioned All League Wrestling game is going to be progressing slow between tours. Like always I have to rebuild my roster between tours, and decided to increase the size of my roster even more this time. This means I have a lot of negotiations to get through..the exact number...

Yep...101 negotiations awaiting a response (Bloated roster?...Me?...Never. :p). Expecting between 5 and 10 rejections based on being too small, loyalties, etc. But that still leaves me with 90+ actual contracts to sign. :(

*le sigh* Might as well get this started.

Edit - Make that 102...Kotaro Suzuki's just signed a new deal with NOAH and is now on a P.P.A there as opposed to a written, meaning I can have him for a bit. :D

Edit 2 - *Rabble Rabble Rabble* The first person to turn me down is reigning Junior Heavyweight champion Eddie Edwards. :mad:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WWF 2001 (September)

3 weeks away from RAW's Unforgiven, the first Brand Specific PPV is taking shape. Its taken quite a lot longer than i would have liked but this the almost certain card (with brief backstory)

WWF Championship - Kurt Angle © v Ric Flair v HHH v Jeff Hardy

Angle is into his fourth month as champ and his matches have been getting better with each defence. Ric Flair/HHH have had an uneasy alliance of late which has seen The Nature Boy battling with his conscience and showing signs of a face turn even before he lost to The Rock at SummerSlam. The turn was complete after a furious HHH attacked Flair for not forfeiting his place in the upcoming title match. Im planning to hold off HHH v Flair for WM so expect HHH to take him out of the picture soon. Hardy qualified with victory over veteran Booker T and his popularity is rising, but due to his young age, this is likely to be just a taste of the main event before returning to the UMC.

Stone Cold v Kane

When Vince McmAHON (raw gm) spoke to Kane on the very first RAW after the brand split, he told him, he wanted to see the "Old Kane, The Big Red Machine". This sparked Kane into action (and a heel turn) and led to him brutally attacking Austin before their Title Qualifier, ruling both men out. A traditional blood feud to elevate Kane and hopefully give Austin a big win to raise morale.

Goldberg v DDP

Hopefully (contract pending) this will be Goldbeg's debut in WWF, responding to DDP's open challenge. DDP had a good summer with The Rock (scoring a perfect 100 at KOTR) and a decent feud with Taker, so his popularity is sky high which should give Goldberg the perfect start.

IC Title - Edge v Eddie v Chavo

Originally meant to be Edge/Eddie feud, but Chavo is too good not to use he gives this match another dimension and helps strengthen the IC title scene until a couple of ME's drift back. Can Eddie & Chavo co-exist to dethrone Edge or will their selfish greed be their undoing and the Canadian will retain?

Dudleyz v Helms/Kidman

The Dudleyz fresh from a Summerslam victory over the Hardyz in a unification bout find themselves in unstoppable form in a rebuilding division or so it seems...a wildcard tag team tournament sees Helms (face turn) and Kidman in line for a shot at unlikely gold.

Mr. Steven Richards v Goldust

The rejuvenated Richards has brought his newfound wealth to WWF, along with his problem solvers (O'Haire & Palumbo), his lackey (Kendrick) and his new found love (Terri) he begins embarking on climbing the WWF ladder by any means necessary. Goldust's refusal to take the new Richards or his cronies seriously makes this an interesting first feud for the rich ex-jobber

Lightweight Title - Rey Mysterio © v Lance Storm

A respect feud which sees a contrast of styles. Not a feud that will be decided on the mic but should lead to some exciting matches which should lay the foundation for a strong Lightweight Division

Curt Hennig v Booker T

Two of the best veterans on the roster cross paths not for the first time and both are very near to be given a run at the main event due to their consistent performances. This match may have to be altered if Goldberg doesnt sign in time and Hennig could yet find himself in the title match making it a 5-way. Like i say though depends on Goldberg.

WWF Womens Title - Chyna v Taylor Brooks v Lita

A triple threat match for the newly formed title (Diva's champ, Trish is on SD) sees the outstanding women of the division go head to head to crown the inaugural champ. It will be interesting to see how three different styles mesh. Hoping these ladies can hold the division together while i build the others up (aiming for about 8 or 9 competitive female workers for a strong division)

So there it is, like i say it's taken seemingly an eternity to first do the brand split in a way i'm happy with and then almost as long to get storylines going. Hoping to flesh out the midcard, tag and womens division out over the next few months, but my Main and Lower workers are aplenty. Anyway, having a real good blast with this, hopefully i can keep the enthusiasm

I'm liking this so far.

I found the 50-year-ahead save. Apparently I somehow zipped it into my default database saved games folder. I have no idea how that happened, but it looks like a save is in there, and the backup and temp folder. Derek...whoever had that one account with that site, where/how do I upload?

Playing a RTG game and decieded mix up my usual roster

my main eventers

Buck Graham

Blackjack Robbins

Leo Davis

New York Red

upper midcarder

Rex Reeves

Crash Lewis

brought in the paratroopers all three

they are feuding (jobbing) to extreme deluxe, fearless blue and daredevil aero

rest of job squad

Mad Dog Mortimer

Trauma

Weird Waldo Odlav

Am into June 2010 in my TCW game and getting ready to pull the trigger on a MASSIVE storyline. I might even do a diary about this. It'd be my first but I'm pretty confident in what I'm creating (not so much my ability to relay that!).

Story so far is that Sam Keith's run as World Champion has just been ended by Troy Tornado who accepted an offer of help from Tommy Cornell in exchange for complete loyalty.

Cornell himself has just finished off the last remnants of the Freedom Fighters by beating Ricky Dale Johnson in a Steel Cage at Total Mayhem XIV and in doing so has guranteed himself and Tornado a free ride for the forseeable future (having disposed of Joey Minnesota who left the company some time ago).

With the sadistic Eddie Peak riding roughshod over anyone he damn well chooses, Rocky Golden injured, Bryan Vessey severely outnumbered and Sammy Bach reluctant to enter the fray TCW is crying out for a hero it just doesn't have.

Im in 2001, month of September andi've just done my brand split. My rosterr needed a little bulking out so ive called a few development guys up and im happy with the balance.

I've decided to do brand specific PPV's, minus the big 4, and RAW are first up. I'm keeping Angle as champ until Mania where he will drop it either Goldberg or Austin with Jeff HardY, Kane, Booker and HHH providing the filler matches.

I'm just about to debut my new stable led by Mr Steven Richards. Originally it was with Palumbo, O'Haire, Kendick and Teri Runnells. However, Palumbo and O'Haire will now be a tag team on SD (possibly Heyman henchman) and i've replaced them with Lesnar as bodyguard and Bnejamin as Executiive Consultant or Butler/Chauffeur. Both Lesnar/Benjamin will have almost nil pop so it will a slow burn process (i didnt want to hotshot them too quickly, wanted to to do something original and this group primarily is to elevate Richards).

Randy Orton is also set to debut, possibly under the tutelage of Curt Hennig (who is a 72 UMC and possible ME soon) as a babyface, again i'm really trying to elevate new star gradually and trying to make original plans.

Overall im glad i've done the split and although the time to manage the draft and future plans has been vast, i'm very much back into the game

Thank you Jeff-Davis for the kind words, much appreciated

The biggest news, though, is without doubt the PPV debut of John Cena in October '01. Exciting, right? In the third match of No Mercy he... LOST TO FUNAKI. It rated D-. Future Hall Of Famer, for sure.

Randy Orton has just topped this with his PPV debut at Armageddon. He lost to Crash Holly in a match that rated E+. Ouch.

TCW: December 2010.

The Syndicate has reformed: Cornell, Hawkins, Law.

Sammy Bach is my world champ (beat Tommy Cornell in September) and is involved in a feud with Wolf Hawkins.

Human Arsenal won the International title from Joey Minnesota. Minnesota wants a rematch.

Eddie Peak and Rick Law (I call him The Law) are feuding because Law cost Peak a world title in his match with Tommy Cornell a few months back.

Rich Money has entered the fray. He immediately challenged and beat Tommy Cornell. His gimmick is a rapper. Same name, same render but new personality. Even though the gimmick rating is only a C+ I love it. Money is at "A" popularity and is doing real well in both matches and angles. I needed a face and came up with this.

I signed Skull Debones and he is in a feud with RDJ. The redneck vs the evil he can't explain but understands.

I got Remo too but not sure what to do with him yet. Nemesis is his manager.

Bruce The Giant came free early on, I got him and he is currently feuding with Troy Tornado. Bruce is a quandry. He always comes up early when TCW really needs pop but now he is surplus to requirements.

Buffalo always blows up huge for me and has done so again. I have him in a feud with Champagne Lover (I use the "AMM" alter ego). Funny story, CL came in, I sent him to development temporarily. When I brought him back he was set as a face. I intended him to be a heel but the face thing has worked out great so far.

The New Wave just regained the tag straps from Samoan Devastation.

Rocky Golden got injured very early on (after he dropped the belt to Cornell) and will be out until the middle of next year.

Got a nice undercard of great technical wrestlers. Art Reed, James Prudence, Brent Hill, Dark Angel and Enforcer Roberts. Of course Bryan Vessey is still around.I sent Sam Keith to development as a trainer while he was prepping a gimmick change (I turned him face and old school heel doesn't work well).

In December I'm having a big "wargames" type match. Cornell, Peak, Law and Arsenal vs Joey, Money, Bach and Peak.

Continuing my "NWA TNA" game, started in 95.

The year 1998 :

I decided to push Christopher Daniels to the main event after winning 4 X Division championship.

In the stable war, Raven's Nest started to explode slowly, while the nWo became stronger with their leader DDP as World Champion.

I also continue to grow up, moving in different areas in the US.

PPV and major matches :

February 98, Genesis (Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida)

Tag Team Championship : Adam Copeland & Christian Cage (nWo) def. the Eliminators and Rhino & Stevie Richards (both teams were from the Nest, the champions challenged them)

X Division Championship : Doug Williams def. Christopher Daniels to win the belt (then, Daniels was supposed to start his push, but in the same time, the X Division lost Lance Storm to WWF and Jushin Liger to WCW, so I kept the feud going)

World Heavyweight Championship : DDP def. Raven to retain the belt

April 98, Lockdown III (Tennesse State Fairgrounds, Nashville, Tennessee)

X Division Championship (Six Sides of Steel) : Doug Williams def. Christopher Daniels to retain the belt (end of the feud).

Six Sides of Steel : Sabu def. Taz (strong feud, beside the stables)

Lethal Lockdown : nWo (DDP, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Adam Copeland, Christian Cage) def. Nest (Raven, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Perry Saturn, John Kronus) (Because he's been pinned, Raven banned Rhino from the Nest, then he joined the nWo, especially his friends Adam Copeland & Christian Cage, Daniels took Rhino's role as #2 in the Nest)

June 98, Manhattan Mayehm (Grand Ballroom (Manhattan Center), New York City, New York)

X Division Championship : Ultimo Dragon def. Doug Williams for the belt

World Heavyweight Championship : DDP def. Christopher Daniels to retain the title (Daniels is not "famous" enough to be in the main event, but his push is continuing)

No-DQ : Rhino def. Raven (ending in a big brawl with nWo and Nest members involved)

Main Event, Barbed-Wire Massacre : Taz def. Sabu (as ECW stars, they are famous in the Tri-State, that's why i made this match as main event)

August 98, nWo Souled Out (Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida)

The nWo won over the Nest the right to "change the rules". They decided to have Slick Johnson, nWo member, as the referee for their matches.

Trios Championship : nWo (Kurt Angle, Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger) def. The European Union (Doug Williams, Guido Maritato and Tony Mamaluke) for the vacated title (Williams took Regal's place after he left to WWF, EU were the champions)

Despite their referee, the nWo lost the next matches :

Christopher Daniels defeated Chris Benoit

The Hardy Boyz defeated Adam Copeland & Christian Cage for the Tag Team titles

Raven defeated Rhino in Falls Count Anywhere

In the main event, DDP retained the World title against Taz

October 98, NWA 50th Anniversary Show (Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City, New York)

Ultimate X : Christopher Daniels def. Ultimo Dragon and Hector Garza to win his 5th X Division title

Trios Championship : nWo (Angle, Diamond, Swinger) def. Nest (Stevie Richards & The Eliminators)

Chris Benoit def. Taz

Ladder Match for the Tag Team Championship : The Hardy Boyz retained against Adam Copeland & Christian Cage and Jerry Lynn & Rob Van Dam

Clockwork Orange House of Fun : Raven def. Rhino

Main event : I usually do not like to give the World title to a "star" who just enter the promotion, but I did it because of the special PPV event : Bret Hart def. DDP to win the World Heavyweight title.

December 98, Arena Warfare (ECW Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)

World Tag Team Championship : Mr Aguila & Yoshihiro Tajiri def. The Hardy Boyz (they are former Trios champions with D'Lo Brown and has been pushed slowly, I gave them the title to give a new start to the Tag Team division)

World Trios Championship, No-DQ : nWo def. Nest to retain the belts (same teams as the Anniversary Show)

Submission Match : Taz defeated Chris Benoit (the feud ended when Benoit joined WCW)

Main Event, King of the Mountain for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Again, it crowned a new champion : Christopher Daniels, defeating the World Champion Bret Hart, his Nest partner and mentor Raven and nWo members DDP and Rhino.

Like The Rock did in 95, Daniels became World Champion and X Division Champion at the same time.

Because NWA is stronger now, I'm gonna try to have a special PPV in February, 100 % X Division, with a tournament for the vacated title, and with Daniels and Aguila & Tajiri defending against other X Division wrestlers.

For the year 99, the nWo should came back.

2 options for the Nest : completly exploding, with a Raven vs Daniels feud, or just remaining as a duo or a trio, keeping Raven as Daniels's mentor, with maybe Stevie Richards somewhere around.

In the other promotions...

WWF :

Billy Gunn ended a 6-monthes long reign losing against Mankind in May

In the last Raw of the year, Shawn Michaels defeated Mankind to win the World title.

4 differents Tag Team Champions : Jeff Jarrett & Hakushi, Shawn Michaels & 1-2-3 Kid, Jeff Jarrett & Koji Kanemoto, Davey Boy Smith & Lance Storm

The Rock lost the Intercontinental title when he left WWF and signed a written contract with ECW. Then, Koji Kanemoto and Jeff Jarrett has been champions (it looks like they were in the same time Tag Champions and feuding for the Intercontinental title).

The European belt remained between former NWA wrestlers : Steve Corino, Lance Storm and William Regal.

Luna Vachon lost the Women's title at WrestleMania against Bull Nakano, who didnt wrestle since. But she's still the champion

WCW :

Ric Flair has been defeated by Hulk Hogan on Nitro in August. In 4 years, the only other wrestler who had the World title is Randy Savage.

Sting & Jean-Paul Levesque (HHH) lost the Tag Team titles against Harlem Heat. Then Buff Bagwell and The Giant won the title back, then once again Harlem Heat (5 times champions, still less than reality).

Roddy Piper, The Giant, Stevie Ray and Sting has been US Champions.

Disco Inferno, Booker T and Chris Jericho has been TV Champions.

Chris Jericho, Jushin Liger and Great Sasuke has been Cruiserweight Champions.

ECW :

Raven lost the World title when The Rock debuted. The Rock is World Champion since.

Steve Austin left WCW and joined ECW too. He won the TV title against Dean Malenko, but lost it to Taz, who lost it to Guido Maritato.

Terry Funk & Lance Storm lost the tag titiles when Lance Storm joined WWF. Then, The Eliminators and Raven & Stevie Richards has been champions.

In October, the Tag Team Championship has been won by : The Rock & Steve Austin.

I do not really use "babyface vs heel" as a strong law.

If I had to make a choice, both Nest and nWo would be heel.

But I found booking definitly more interesting when it's about characters and gimmick than just babyfave vs heel.

The Nest is like an underground violent group of "rejected" people.

The nWo is like a "superstar" groupe, but in fact, a few greedy superstars manipulating young wrestlers to be and remain on the top.

In some moments, Nest or nWo members acted like babyfaces or heel.

For example, in the nWo, because you asked id, Adam Copemland & Christian Cage are booked as heel when they were against The Hardy Boys (young fan favourites), but they are babyfaces when they helped their friend Rhino after he left the Nest.

Or Kurt Angle, I might say he's a "cocky douchebag", so heel most of time, but he's still a babyface sometimes with Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger as a mentor, while DDP remains top heel (the end of the nWo is not planned, but it might come from that).

Edit : I was National in the beginning. Cult since 97 (my 3rd year), but I don't really care.

The last time I did this game, I started Local, with the purpose to be Global.

This time, I just want to enjoy the booking and keep this game going weeks after weeks.

I decided to start a "0/0/0/0" game as of last night within the CVerse. I've always done this with every version of TEW but for some reason I never did it with TEW2010 (too busy with MAW). New England Championship Wrestling was created January 2010 with 0 popularity, 0 prestige, 0 momentum, and $0 moolah. I'm using The Grand Avatar as my user character and I've simulated until January 2011 without running a single show. My product is based heavily on ROH - traditional (heel vs. face) and pure wrestling (based heavily on performance).

I've been able to acquire about $30,000 in a year worth of simulating ($2,500/mo). I'm planning to run our first show in July of 2011 after we've saved quite a substantial amount of money. We're going to instantly lose money which is why I'm simulating so much before running a show. I'll probably have my user character as the referee (with 0 skills) and I'll need to hire a cheap announcer, a cheap road agent, and very cheap talent ($50-100/per show).

Paying for my roster isn't going to kill me. It's renting out buildings that we can't sell-out that's going to kill us. Anybody have any REAL success running a 0/0/0/0 promotion without 'cheating' here and there? I'm really excited to start hiring talent in a few more simulated months. I've used A LOT of the younger talent in the CVerse but I've never had to find the cheapest talent. I'm really excited for that challenge.

Well I don't have very much to say about NECW (it's Nov. 2012) besides we're growing every month like a local promotion does. Saving up money for a while has allowed me to run more shows and bleed money without it really hurting us. I actually decided to simulate until January 2012 without running a show. We had $65,000+ when I ran our first show. I guess I don't really like the 0/0/0/0 style of play that most of you prefer. I went about things way off course...

Some interesting things happening around the wrestling world include Sam Strong stepping down in Oct. 2011 (Larry Wood taking over, Liberty as booker) and Alicia Strong leaving for NOTBPW in Jan. 2012. Nicky Champion left USPW in Oct. 2011 (like Strong) and debuted with SWF at the Break Like The Wind PPV (Nov. 2011) and defeated Squeeky McClean in an 81-rated match. Champion is currently the North American champion. SWF, TCW, and NOTBPW are all battling for Global dominance. PGHW, BHOTWG, and GCG are all battling for National dominance.

...Dammit SWF. Eisen, when I overtake you, I hope you enjoy me filleting your roster.

They just approached my champion, Johnny Bloodstone. He's not even their kind of worker! I am going to just desperately cross my fingers that his being extremely conservative will convince him to stick by me.

He's 42 years old and easily replaceable, but... I hate having to switch champions on TV/without proper storyline payoff.

Edit: And with 51 year-old Jeremy Stone at the helm, NOTBPW have just hit International for the first time (in 2018). I am extremely glad we have a working agreement.

Edit2: And Bloodstone instantly signs a PPA for them rather than SWF. I approve.

For Backstory, basically The Nexus never ended, although due to injuries and lack of Tarver being able to get over, it only consists of Barrett, Gabriel, Otunga and Slater. (May increase in size later on) Barrett won the rumble, and intends on facing the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania.

The Night After Elimination Chamber 2011....

Portland, OR -The show starts cold, and a P*SSED OFF looking Triple H walks to the ring, no trademark water spitting, no pyro, no nothing. In the ring, he shows a replay of what happened last night. After the chamber door was broken by Brock Lesnar earlier on in the night, Stephanie McMahon was able to open it fairly easily, with help from her body guard of course. She stepped in Triple H's path, who was moments away from pinning John Cena and winning the WWE Title. In the midst of a dispute between the married couple, Cena got to his feet, and hit the AA on Triple H and pinned him, whilst Stephanie looked on in shock. The footage ends and Triple H snarls with anger, roaring for his wife to get to the ring and explain her actions. After a minute or so, she cautiously walks to the ring. She tells HHH she loves him, and that's why she did what she did. She says that Wade Barrett is challenging for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, and she couldn't let her 'hubby' come to harm. He asks what the hell she means, and she replies that she is doing something brilliant; she is ushering in a new era. She wants to rip the WWE from the clutches of her father, and from bitter veterans like Triple H himself! She says she birthed the Nexus, it was her brainchild and she is behind it 100% percent, that it is where her loyalties lie. She tells Hunter once again that she loves him, but says she knew he wouldn't approve, and didn't want him to be hurt by the Nexus. She says she's sorry, but he has two choices, He can get behind the Nexus, and hang up the boots tonight, with a grand sendoff, OR he can get left behind. Triple H thinks about it for a little while, and says that he can't believe Stephanie is behind the attacks which led to her Father's coma. He says the woman standing before him is not the one he loves, and he cannot get behind this, he then tells her when the time is ready, he will hang up the boots, but they can throw away their damn candles, banners and cake, because tonight is not the night! The crowd then ROARS in approval as he kicks his wife in the gut, and lays her out with a pedigree! He then looks right into the camera, and tells both Barrett and Cena to watch out, because at Wrestlemania, he's coming!

Thoughts?

Man I love having working agreements. Im in January 2012 with my custom WWE Promotion.

I'm at Cult now and have working agreements with SWF, TCW and NOTBPW. I brought out CGC a couple of months back. I decided to declare war on USPW as i seem to be able to offer some written contracts and im close to National.

NOTBPW is domination the national battles with TCW second and SWF third.

Does anybody run their own Hall Of Fame?

Like i base mine on how much the workers have benefited my company and their title reigns.

2011 HOF: Steve Flash, Larry Wood, Shawn Gonzalez

2012 HOF(TBA) : Dread, Java, Tribal Warrior, Stink, Grunt

I am highly considering a really good Edge and Brock Lesnar feud going to get them through to our grandest stage flagship event: Revolutionary War.

I'm not sure if the storyline would be lame or whatever, but I was thinking of making Lesnar this arrogant MMA enthusiast who puts down pro-wrestling and talks about how real MMA is and Edge plays the role of sort of an ambassador of pro-wrestling and talks about all the blood sweat and tears he put into for over 15 years. I have a few MMA-crossover guys in my roster: Lashley and I believe Kozlov had or has some MMA in him too as part of a little 'pro-MMA stable' maybe one or two more (if I research and find some MMA background in a few other guys) to be Lesnar's backup.

I am highly considering a really good Edge and Brock Lesnar feud going to get them through to our grandest stage flagship event: Revolutionary War.

I'm not sure if the storyline would be lame or whatever, but I was thinking of making Lesnar this arrogant MMA enthusiast who puts down pro-wrestling and talks about how real MMA is and Edge plays the role of sort of an ambassador of pro-wrestling and talks about all the blood sweat and tears he put into for over 15 years. I have a few MMA-crossover guys in my roster: Lashley and I believe Kozlov had or has some MMA in him too as part of a little 'pro-MMA stable' maybe one or two more (if I research and find some MMA background in a few other guys) to be Lesnar's backup.

Not bringing Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock back for this storyline would be inexcusable.

I've done an MMA storyline in the CVerse. It culminated in a best of three match series between Buddy Garner and Matthew Keith, with the first match contested under "MMA Rules", the second under "Pro Wrestling" rules, and the final match had no rules (i.e. was a street fight).

http://home.comcast.net/~megamegathom/A_Show.jpg

To clarify:

New Shooters = Don Henderson and Walter Morgan.

New Blood = Wade Orson and Nigel Svensson.

This is January of 2015. 21CW folded some while ago, leaving nearly Natn'l level ROF at the top of the UK. We were Natn'l for a bit (hence Ino, etc), but THINGS happened. :(

This is also my first A show ever.

How the hell did you get to National, drawing ~ 15 thousand plus in five years on the ROH budget and product. :p

I remember doing it in 2007, which admittedly made it easier with its ratings calculation.

It doesn't seem hugely undoable - the hidden strength is to eventually have a roster in common with 21CW. They help develop overness and skill via repetition and your product takes better advantage of the skill over time, allowing you to slowly overtake. Get some overspill into Europe and you can pick up TV surprisingly early, plus secure good PPV money, and then you're not in a bad place at all.

Archived