What's going on in your game?

Svensson was signed up to SAISHO early on, and he eventually was dumped once they felt he'd hit his potential. So he came back with some ridiculous mat skills. I built the promotion off of the in-ring skills of him, Henderson, O'Curle, Morgan... heck, even Jonni Lowlife was able to pull an 82 with Walter Morgan. Wade Orson has drawn some ridiculous numbers (all things considered) as well.

Plus: Bantom is a huge, huge guy. And he enjoys being fed smaller talent. ;P

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus: Bantom is a huge, huge guy. And he enjoys being fed smaller talent. ;P

Smaller? Like Danny Patterson?

You can definitely grow decently in the UK if you can get on TV. Its a small group of good talent and who's going to steal them? Big foreign companies are surprisingly reluctant to take on most of the big names and if you add a couple of good intl stars (Koshiro Ino is an interesting hire!) you can do great.

Looks like a good game sir

Having lost my WCW World Heavyweight champion Scott Steiner to the WWF in November 2000, I have now just lost my WCW Tag Team champion Kevin Nash to the same company in February 2001. At least Goldberg is back from his film making, and Bob Sapp is currently the fastest rising star I've ever booked (only semi-intentionally too). :D

Just started a USPW game - they're a company that I've tried to get going with a few times, but ultimately haven't managed to get off the ground. I seem to have a bit more steam in me and am also attempting to take it slowly.

Bruce the Giant and James Justice are currently fighting over the #1 contendership to the World Title. Bruce isn't just in it for the title, but also for the fact that Justice ended his first USPW World Title reign.

Henry Lee has just debuted by attacking Chris Caulfield. Lee has a major chip on his shoulder over the closure of DAVE, the company that he feels he put more hard work into than anyone else, especially Chris Caulfield. Lee, feeling that he was pushed out of DAVE by people like Chris Caulfield, was left to rot doing ultraviolent matches in Japan while Caulfield was being catered to by Sam Strong. The now 40 year old Lee has returned to the States to receive the care and comfort that he feels he deserves after destroying his body for so long.

Sara Marie York has just debuted as a love interest to Nicky Champion. Taking offense to this is USPW Women's Champion Raven Robinson, who views York as a threat to both her title and to the attention of people like Champion. This one could go a few different ways, but will almost definitely see Robinson revert into Raven Nightfall.

Savage Fury have named themselves #1 Contenders to the Tag Team titles after an unprovoked attack on the People's Team. Java and Tribal Warrior are upset by the emergence of teams that have nowhere near the experience that they do.

I'm currently waiting for responses from Mean Jean Cattley and Champagne Lover. If they both sign, Cattley will be debuting as the super hero Mean Machine and will be taking on Alicia Strong as his sidekick, Shimmer. Champagne Lover will debut as the villainous mastermind and leader of the International House of Evil, Antonio Marquez. He will have the "Canadian Patriot" Brandon Smith as muscle.

I just.... went bankrupt. First time that ever happened to me. I didn't check my email, and all the warnings were there, but I wanted to advance to my next big show and multi-advanced right out of a job.

I had all this work for it too.... Had my divisions wrote down, gimmicks and all. Was going to work it out for a long term game, was using the 1977 data, and was into my third year, and did something silly.

Started a game right after Wrestlemania. I'm using Shane McMahon as my user character and I created my own promotion called Supreme Wrestling Alliance.

Scored a PPV deal, and I'm going to have Weekly PPV's until I reach National.

First show is a Four Hour show and it's stacked with the twenty matches that makes up the first round of my World Title Tournament.

Ace Steel vs Thorn(Kevin Thorn)

Antonio Banks vs Shiima

Brian Kendrick vs Scott Steiner

Caylen Cage(Caylen Croft) vs Rhino

Charlie Haas vs Rene

Chris Mordetzky vs Rellik

Cliff Compton vs Phill Shatter(Gunner)

Dragon Kid vs Nick Aldis(Magnus)

Homicide vs Matt Bentley

Jay Lethal vs Mark Jindrak

Jerry Lynn vs Mark Briscoe

Kenny King vs Low Ki

KENTA vs Lance Hoyt

Paul London vs Ken Doane

Petey Williams vs Jay Briscoe

Shane Helms vs Isaiah Cash(Luke Gallows)

Shelton Benjamin vs Chavo Guerrero

Sonjay Dutt vs Chase Stevens

The Amazing Red vs Carlos Colon Jr(Carlito)

TJ Perkins vs Andy Douglas

started a 0/0/0/0 game as a created fed, PWE. Playing in a real world mod, it has its advantages and disadvantages. one HUUUUUGE disadvantage is that every month im in a regional battle with 4 other promotions, (started off as 5 other promotions but one of them isnt there anymore, they musta hit national or something). In order to build up ANY popularity, I had to run atleast 3 shows a month, and anyone whos done a 0/0/0/0 game knows how awfuly hard that is to pull off. Somehow ive managed a VERY slow grind to the point where I can afford to run 3, 1-hour shows a month, with 1 extra wrestlemania like event once a year in january. Just added a summer show in july. Also, to cash in on oppurtunities, I decided to change up my product a little and make lucha libre more important. I started with a few high flyers on my roster to create my own x division, but soon realised that most of my main event now had atleast a 65 in high flying, and at regional size, i consider that pretty decent.

So August rolls around, and I decide that i have a few extra bucks to invest. I created a 1,000 seat arena (my old college i used to go too, they have a pretty sick basketball arena that i always thought would be perfect for wrestling shows. It has a few seats down on the floor, and then theres a 2nd floor walkway circling the floor so you can look down and theres usually close to like 300 people standing up there so visiting teams feel like completely surrounded. Its pretty awsome). Anyway, Figured that in real life, students are just moving into the dorms, so i figured i would kick off the school year by debuting PWE at the venue. Ran a medium sized event, and not only got my highest attendance ever with 834 (previos record 706 for my january show PWE Revolution 5), I also got my highest rated card 64 breaking my newly set record of last months show of 61, and my main event was my highest rated match EVER, previous record was also set last month when Super Nova beat Spud for the world title in a 65 rated match, my new record is now the main event of this show when Super Nova defended the title against Super Crazy in a 33 min match rated a 70 overall :)

I also somehow set a record for 7th best ever match at the same event when Andy Levine beat John Moxley in a 62 overall match. I had no idea the match was gonna be that good, I actually used it as my opening match.

I just finished my 5th year (1999).

Feuds and main PPV matches :

With the X Division title vacated, I used my February PPV as 100% X Division. It didnt went well, but I had 4 monthes to build Lockdown.

I kept the stables together, for a second match between Raven's Nest and the New World Order inside Lethal Lockdown.

The Nest remained bigger than I originally thought, because of the popularity Christopher Daniels have since he won the World title.

During that time, in pushed many young wrestlers through the Tag Team division and the X division.

February 99 : Destination X (Studios Universal, Orlando, Florida) :

X Division tournament for the vacated title, in the main event, Kid Kash defeated Jerry Lynn.

Tag Team title : Mr Aguila & Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated Adam Copeland and Christian Cage to continue the push of their team

World title, special match, not the top main eventers : Christopher Daniels defeated Hector Garza and Ultimo Dragon in a 3-Way.

April 99 : Lockdown 4 (Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City) :

The nWo won back the Trios title after losing on TV against "Team Taz", a new stable I'm trying to establish, with Taz as leader/mentor with young wrestlers. Kurt Angle is champion once again, this time with Adam Copeland & Christian Cage. They defeated Taz, Guido Maritato and Hector Garza (this is starting a Taz vs Kurt Angle feud).

Tag Team and X Division titles with young or new wrestlers. Mr Aguila & Yoshihiro Tajiri retained against Greg Helms & Shannon Moore. Kid Kash retained against Ultimo Dragon.

For the world title, big victory for Christopher Daniels, against Bret Hart, in a 20 minutes matches. Bret Hart is not a nWo member. This is just some kind of "rematch", because Daniels took Bret Hart's title in King of the Mountain.

Main event, Lethal Lockdown, the Nest has their revenge against the nWo : Raven, Stevie Richards, Perry Saturn & John Kronus defeated Diamond Dallas Page, Rhino, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger.

Then, I decided to focus the Nest vs nWo feud with their main wrestlers, Raven and DDP, using Rhino, who betrayed Raven and joined the nWo.

And because of the strong tag team division I had at the time, I used my following PPV as a tag team tournament, bringing back the "Bound for Glory" name I used for a World title tournament when The Rock vacated the title.

June 99 : Bound for Glory II : Tag Team (Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida)

I stay there for TV shows, but it's my last PPV in this arena.

Nest and nWo have both 2 teams : DDP & Rhino and Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger for the nWo, Raven & Stevie Richards and The Eliminators for the Nest. The 4 others are the tag team champions Mr Aguila & Yoshihiro Tajiri, former champions Hardy Boyz and Whole F*ckin' Show (Jerry Lynn & RVD) and former challengers Greg Helms & Shannon Moore.

The main event was a 4-Way Elimination match between the 4 winners of first round matches. DDP & Rhino defeated last Raven & Stevie. Aguila & Tajiri and Lynn & RVD was the other 2 teams in the final.

In the other title matches :

Christopher Daniels def. Bret Hart in a Submission Match to remain World Champion. I was planning to have a 3rd match with the IronMan rules in October in the Anniversary Show, but Bret Hart left NWA and joined CMLL.

Kurt Angle, Adam Copeland & Christian Cage retained the Trios title against Team Taz.

Doug Williams (new Team Taz member) defeated Kid Kash and won his 3rd X Division title.

Because Bret Hart left, I changed the nWo vs Nest feud, using now Daniels as a Raven partner. Raven considering Stevie Richards not good enough becoming now my main idea for the end of the Nest, despite it's not planned yet.

August 99 : Vengeance (Olympic Arena, Atlanta, Georgia)

In a "proving ground" match, Stevie Richards challenged Taz. Easy win for Taz.

nWo vs Nest : Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger defeated Perry Saturn & John Kronus

Mr Aguila & Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated Jerry Lynn & Rob Van Dam. Then, RVD turned on his partner, starting a feud between both wrestlers.

Trios title : Team Taz (Hector Garza, Guido Maritato & Ultimo Dragon) became champions, defeating nWo members Kurt Angle, Adam Copeland & Christian Cage

X Division title : Doug Williams defeated Kid Kash in a rematch

Main Event, World Tag Team Championship : Raven & Christopher Daniels defeated DDP & Rhino.

Before the Anniversary Show, Team Taz have the X Division and the Trios title, the Nest have the World Heavyweight and Tag Team titles, the nWo has nothing.

Christopher Daniels is in the same time World Heavyweight and Tag Team champions. With his former 5 X Division championships, he's my first Triple Crown Champion.

October 99 : NWA 51st Anniversary Show (Joseph J. Gentile Arena, Chicago, Illinois) (Main PPV of the year, this is my WrestleMania/Starrcade)

Opener, Ultimate X for the X Division title : Rey Misterio Jr def. Doug Williams © and Kid Kash

Stevie's "Proving Ground" : Sabu defeated Stevie Richards

Nest vs nWo : The Eliminators def. The Hardy Boyz (the Hardys are the last nWo members)

Lucha Libre Match : Psicosis def. Mr Aguila (Psicosis debut)

Trios Championship : Team Taz (Ultimo Dragon, Hector Garza, Guido Maritato) def. nWo (Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, Simon Diamond) (Johnny Swinger left NWA and joined WCW)

After their feuds slowly went to this match, despite some matches together in King of the Mountain, 3-Ways (or more), Tag Team or Trios Matches, a "First Time Ever" : Kurt Angle def. Taz

After their tag team split : Jerry Lynn def. Rob Van Dam

1 year in the making, at the 50th Anniversary, Raven def. Rhino in Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun. A rematch in Rhino's Monster's Ball : Rhino def. Raven

Main Event, Six Sides of Steel (to avoid any interference from Nest or nWo members), for the World Heavyweight Championship : Christopher Daniels © def. Diamond Dallas Page

December 1999 : Millenium (Corbett Sports Center, Greensboro North Carolina)

Stevie Richards def. nWo member Simon Diamond

Trios title : nWo (DDP & The Hardys) def. Team Taz ©

X Division : Rey Misterio Jr © def. Mr Aguila and Psicosis

No-DQ : Rob Van Dam def. Jerry Lynn (they interfered in the other's qualifying match for King of the Mountain)

Different feuds merge into the King of the Mountain match : Christopher Daniels lost the title after a one year reign (longest World Heavyweight title reign) and KotM crowned again a new World Champion : Rhino. The other wrestlers involved were Raven, Taz and Kurt Angle.

I'm at the first day of 2000.

The stable war should change to be nWo vs Team Taz, including a Lethal Lockdown match.

With Daniels title lost, Raven should be losing influence on Stevie Richards who had his victory against a nWo member.

The Nest should explode after a Rhino's victory against Raven for the World title at the next PPV. Will only remain together Raven & Daniels (they are still the Tag Team champions, defending the belts on TV).

The feud between Taz and Kurt Angle will continue with a rematch (Submission Match) at the next PPV, maybe involving interventions from Team Taz or nWo wrestlers.

Then, maybe a last 3rd match at Lockdown, or if they are in Lethal Lockdown, it might turn to a tag team feud, because of the "mentor" status of both wrestler. The most probable would be Taz & Doug Williams vs Kurt Angle & Simon Diamond

The feud between RVD and Jerry Lynn will continue because of the great matches they have together. It might involve the X Division belt.

In the "rest of the world"...

WWF :

Shawn Michaels lost the title against the Undertaker at King of the Ring. In december, on Raw, Jeff Jarrett became World Champion.

The tag team champions has been Davey Boy Smith & Lance Storm, Shawn Michaels & 1-2-3 Kid and William Regal & Steve Corino

The intercontinental champion has been Jeff Jarrett, Steve Austin and Lance Storm

The european champion has bveen William Regal, Al Snow, Koji Kanemoto and Road Dogg

Bull Nakano has been Women's Champion all year long

WCW :

Hulk Hogan has been World champion all year long

The tag team champions has been Harlem Heat; Chris Jericho & The Giant, Sting & Jean-Paul Levesque and Roddy Piper & Randy Savage

The US champions has been Sting, Shane Douglas and Chris Benoit

The TV champions has been Chris Jericho, Disco Inferno, Jushin Liger and The Giant

The Cruiserweight champions has been The Great Sasuke, Dean Malenko and Tony Mamaluke

ECW :

In the beginning of March, they lost in the same week Steve Austin (to WWF) and The Rock (to WCW).

After The Rock's World title has been vacated, Taz, Raven and Sabu won it.

After Rock & Austin tag team titles has been vacated, The Public Enemy and The Eliminators won it.

The TV champions has been Guido Maritato, Perry Saturn and Justin Credible.

They lost a lot of money after The Rock & Steve Austin left.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/4/9920351956.jpg

Ordinarily I'd be pissed at a title change that I didn't want to happen. This match was supposed to be a draw; Gilmore's feuding with Money and Bruce is feuding with Eisen (and Money as well, but they're faces).

Money recently took the CWF title from Gilmore, 'unifying' it with the SWF title. Eisen was going to [continue to] be in the SWF title hunt, possibly facing off at the next PPV. Gilmore/Money was going to headline Supreme Challenge.

Instead, I have a screwy finish where Gilmore probably pissed off Money quite a bit and Bruce is likely unhappy that Eisen still won the title. So while Money wants it back, his beef is much more largely with Gilmore.

That is to say, the computer made this story amazing.

Having become bored with my regional-level promotion, I decided I needed to change things up but didn't want to go with my usual route of switching promotions/starting a new company.

What I did instead was fire everyone on my roster that was on a PPA, which was every single one of them. Then I set myself the rule that I couldn't hire any of those people again for at least five years. This left me with the task of having to refill every spot on my roster, and forced me to hire people I'd never used before or hadn't thought to use in the past.

There was the extra challenge of trying to maintain my company's position/popularity with a whole new roster, many of which weren't as over in my home region or as popular as the workers I'd had before.

Having become bored with my regional-level promotion, I decided I needed to change things up but didn't want to go with my usual route of switching promotions/starting a new company.

What I did instead was fire everyone on my roster that was on a PPA, which was every single one of them. Then I set myself the rule that I couldn't hire any of those people again for at least five years. This left me with the task of having to refill every spot on my roster, and forced me to hire people I'd never used before or hadn't thought to use in the past.

There was the extra challenge of trying to maintain my company's position/popularity with a whole new roster, many of which weren't as over in my home region or as popular as the workers I'd had before.

That sounds really difficult. Is this a CVerse game? Give more details. I want to hear more.

Man, if I could have somehow made my NOTBPW into a multiplayer game with you, you'd be screwed at that point. *coff*

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/4/10013514933.jpg

Woo! My first "A*" of the save!

I wanted to have ELITE (the show) have a solid debut, so why not put on what I thought would be a great main event?

1. Faith vs....Roberts, I think, was my highest rated match so far.

2. Rich and Lobby vs....Gilmore and Eisen, I think, was next.

3. Bruce is over.

4. Eisen, surprisingly, is probably the most popular guy on the roster.

5. Eisen is the only one with relatively poor psych, with Lobby and Bruce needing some carrying as well.

6. Dammit Jerry.

That sounds really difficult. Is this a CVerse game? Give more details. I want to hear more.

Yeah, it's Cverse. I'd been running a small company out of the South East, Florida State Wrestling for about five years or so. We have an even split popularity/performance based product, which has allowed me to average my shows out at C+ and B- most months, with the occasional B.

I was feeling stalled out...my roster hadn't changed much, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get things moving. (Example: Jay Chord was stuck at lower midcard, despite a 2 year winning streak and victories over several main event level workers.)

I've been stuck at regional forever. I tend to take 2nd in all the Regional Battles, and have working agreements in place that assure I don't lose too many people to the larger companies.

Like I said though, things were stagnant. Jay Chord had held the FSW X-Division title for 2 years. Tag titles never got defended, and my Florida State Championship tended to always be with on of two people, no matter how I tried to book things.

My top stars, for the longest time, had been Remmy Skye, JD Morgan, Eisaku Hoshino, and Steve Flash. Only so much you can do with that group. I try to elevate other people, and nothing ever seemed to change. Best I could manage was to bring in outsiders from talent trades (I was able to get Sean McFly and Angry Gilmore, both working for CGC at the moment) and used them to mix things up a bit, but you can't get a lot done with a 3 appearance trade.

Anyway, I'd just finished my April show, and realized that it was pretty much the same as my last few shows. Remmy went over Flash in a ladder match; JD beat Hoshino and Bart Biggz in a three-way match for a #1 contender's slot; the tag titles got left off the show due Greg Keith's injury (he was champion with Matthew Keith); and Jay Chord made his 23rd defense of the X-Division title. I'd recently acquired Jumbo Jackson (repackaged under a mask as Kingu) who I was booking as a monster heel...for the fourth match in a row, he was only able to get a D- rating, despite everything I was trying with him.

I was looking at the results (B- show, 2000 attendance) and thought that it didn't really mean anything anymore. The feuds were all the same, the matches all came out about the same grade-wise, and I couldn't get anyone new into the main event. Even when I put on good matches, I was taking hits for my announce team not being good enough. I was very disappointed overall.

So yeah...I fired EVERYONE. Decided to start from scratch, but without starting a new promotion. Had to fill every slot before the next show (I only run monthly) and figure out how to make them all fit. My new roster is...very limited compared to my old one.

The new main event scene consists of Grandmaster Phunk, Jack Griffith, Steven Parker, and John Maverick. The main story is to be Phunk vs Griffith feuding through the rest of the year, while I smooth out the rest of the roster. I've currently got the Latino Kings slotted as tag champions, and I nixed the X-division title in favor of the newly created FSW Internent title, which was one by Spanish Superfly.

My first show with the new roster was only just barely a C, compared to the previous month where my show as a B-, which caused me to fall to the bottom of the Regional Battles. My profits are up, but I expected this due to the lower worker costs for having less popular/talented workers. Second show was much the same for ratings, and due to the previous month's poor showing, I took a hit to attendence as well.

I haven't yet run my third show under the new roster, as I've been trying to work out the best way to do things. It's nice to have new faces and new teams to work with, everything seems very fresh. One of the hardest things is making it FEEL like the same promotion without any of my old roster. I've lost the history and background that made FSW what it was, and part of my mind is just screaming that (if this was the real world) that fans would be confused and quite upset if such a thing were to really happen.

Decided to put my EffVerse game on ice for a while and started another 0/0/0/0 game this time in jhdVerse. I chose Japan as my starting place with product being popularity over performance (Mainstream being the key feature while Traditional is on heavy, everything else is on low at best). The name for my promotion is Eternal Studios Entertainment (ESE), which is the name that I use every time when I create my own promotion. I also decided to use touring schedule since it gives me opportunity to have more shows in a year. As avatar I chose Puppet Master as usual. Haven´t played that much yet, my first tour only had four shows on it as it was little hard to find anyone who would have been willing to work with just 150$ per show. Then again I did only sign those guys who were unemployed so I did handicap myself a little bit. Here´s my current roster:

Main event:

Emperor Shimaoka, Heel: Only got in, because he´s willing to work with 300$ a month and with F+ overness that isn´t a bad price. Currently feuding with Tsunoda on my top title but once other guys build their overness up Shimaoka will slide down the card.

Jiro Tsunoda, Face: Tsunoda is my first ever King Of The Network (the main title) champion as he won the title by winning the tournament beating Shimaoka in the finals. Tsunoda got the title simply because he was the best on those three guys who had F+ overness in Japan. Much like the other two Tsunoda will likely drop a little bit on pecking order once I can afford signing better guys but he likely has the best shot from my current main eventers to stay on my main event scene in the future.

Otajiro Hagiwara, Face: Hagiwara is getting 300$ per show (same than my other main eventers) and that´s more than I would be willing to pay if I had better options. Otajiro is basically going to be a jobber despite his current card position and he might well be one of the first guys to go. Hagiwara is currently feuding with Mike Suzuki.

Sumiteru Hatakeda, Face: Hatakeda is my only guy who appearantly can play monster heel, but unfortunately he´s face currently so I can´t get full use from him (he does have biker gimmick though and had get some squash matches in order to build his overness a little bit). Hatakeda isn´t anything special but right now he´s going to be main eventing thanks to his starting popularity and the fact that he´s only one in my roster who can play brute gimmicks effectively.

Upper Midcard:

Air Xaymaka, Face: I love Xaymaka´s alt and he´s willing to work with just 100$ per show. Unfortunately that´s pretty much all the positive things on him as he isn´t all that skilled even for my own (rather low) standards. So basically Xaymaka is a jobber and will likely stay so. He´s also didn´t help his case by getting negative relationship with Hunter Wolfe.

Mike Suzuki, Heel: My heel side is rather tin for real talent who speak Japanese so right now Suzuki is going to be one of my top heels. He´s not that great though and is negative backstage influence so it remains to be seen how long he stay in my good books. Right now he´s feuding with Hagiwara and he´s scheduled to win that feud too.

MITSUI, Face: MITSUI can pretty much be summed with one word, JOBBER. Time will tell if he one day will be something more nut I don´t really hold my breath waiting for it.

Mystery SPARK, Face: Another one of those “I like he´s alt so I hired him” guys. SPARK has slightly more going on than some other of my guys and thus will likely stay in upper midcard but low star quality will likely stop him from becoming a main eventer especially since he´s other skills are decent but not great. SPARK is currently feuding with Shinobi Honda.

Scott Seal, Heel: Seal is first of the three heels who doesn´t speak Japanese (not sure how I managed to a) sign all three B) made them all heels but that´s what happened). Seal is easily the most talented guy in my roster and will have big role to play once he learns the language (if he stays of course).

Midcard:

Hunter Wolfe, Heel: Wolfe has skills to be higher on the card but until he learns to speak Japanese he´s going to be a jobber. Wolfe didn´t help his case by developing negative relationship with Air Xaymaka, as though Wolfe is seen as better from the two he´s also the one with negative backstage presence and that might lead to him leaving before he gets change to shine.

Shinobi Honda, Heel: Another negative backstage presence and he´s spot monkey on top of that. Luckily for him I always like ninjas and he´s willing to work with just 100$ per show. Honda is also currently in a feud but that´s just because only three of my heels speak Japanese.

Lower Midcard:

Meido Machine, Heel: Meido is lower on the card than he should (he´s easily my 2nd / 3rd best guy skills wise) but unfortunately he doesn´t speak Japanese so he jobs. Meido signed a touring contract with DIASPORE and I worry a little bit that he will become too over for me to afford re-signing him.

Non Wrestlers:

Fujio Kada: My announcer, willing to work with just 400$ show which is ok price considering that he has C+ on announcing.

Inejiro Katsu: He´s asking 500$ per show but there didn´t seem to be much cheaper options available. Might have been better idea to sign Blood Spider since he could have played color commentator as well but it´s not like I really need on right now.

Referee Dayu Yamahata: Decent referee who is willing to work with 300$ per show. Again I just didn´t find anyone cheaper so he will do.

Yeah, it's Cverse. I'd been running a small company out of the South East, Florida State Wrestling for about five years or so. We have an even split popularity/performance based product, which has allowed me to average my shows out at C+ and B- most months, with the occasional B.

I was feeling stalled out...my roster hadn't changed much, and no matter what I did, I couldn't get things moving. (Example: Jay Chord was stuck at lower midcard, despite a 2 year winning streak and victories over several main event level workers.)

I've been stuck at regional forever. I tend to take 2nd in all the Regional Battles, and have working agreements in place that assure I don't lose too many people to the larger companies.

Like I said though, things were stagnant. Jay Chord had held the FSW X-Division title for 2 years. Tag titles never got defended, and my Florida State Championship tended to always be with on of two people, no matter how I tried to book things.

My top stars, for the longest time, had been Remmy Skye, JD Morgan, Eisaku Hoshino, and Steve Flash. Only so much you can do with that group. I try to elevate other people, and nothing ever seemed to change. Best I could manage was to bring in outsiders from talent trades (I was able to get Sean McFly and Angry Gilmore, both working for CGC at the moment) and used them to mix things up a bit, but you can't get a lot done with a 3 appearance trade.

Anyway, I'd just finished my April show, and realized that it was pretty much the same as my last few shows. Remmy went over Flash in a ladder match; JD beat Hoshino and Bart Biggz in a three-way match for a #1 contender's slot; the tag titles got left off the show due Greg Keith's injury (he was champion with Matthew Keith); and Jay Chord made his 23rd defense of the X-Division title. I'd recently acquired Jumbo Jackson (repackaged under a mask as Kingu) who I was booking as a monster heel...for the fourth match in a row, he was only able to get a D- rating, despite everything I was trying with him.

I was looking at the results (B- show, 2000 attendance) and thought that it didn't really mean anything anymore. The feuds were all the same, the matches all came out about the same grade-wise, and I couldn't get anyone new into the main event. Even when I put on good matches, I was taking hits for my announce team not being good enough. I was very disappointed overall.

So yeah...I fired EVERYONE. Decided to start from scratch, but without starting a new promotion. Had to fill every slot before the next show (I only run monthly) and figure out how to make them all fit. My new roster is...very limited compared to my old one.

The new main event scene consists of Grandmaster Phunk, Jack Griffith, Steven Parker, and John Maverick. The main story is to be Phunk vs Griffith feuding through the rest of the year, while I smooth out the rest of the roster. I've currently got the Latino Kings slotted as tag champions, and I nixed the X-division title in favor of the newly created FSW Internent title, which was one by Spanish Superfly.

My first show with the new roster was only just barely a C, compared to the previous month where my show as a B-, which caused me to fall to the bottom of the Regional Battles. My profits are up, but I expected this due to the lower worker costs for having less popular/talented workers. Second show was much the same for ratings, and due to the previous month's poor showing, I took a hit to attendence as well.

I haven't yet run my third show under the new roster, as I've been trying to work out the best way to do things. It's nice to have new faces and new teams to work with, everything seems very fresh. One of the hardest things is making it FEEL like the same promotion without any of my old roster. I've lost the history and background that made FSW what it was, and part of my mind is just screaming that (if this was the real world) that fans would be confused and quite upset if such a thing were to really happen.

Yeah if this was RL people would be so mad. Your fanbase would probably dissappear almost. Surprised you didn't even keep champions or a couple of guys who you enjoyed.

In a couple months if you choose to though you can bring back some of those previous guys to feud for the title and lose in their quest to regain glory.

Would it have been more beneficial to have found a new booking job? I think that would have worked well or if you released just the bottom half of the roster and signed new guys.

Yeah if this was RL people would be so mad. Your fanbase would probably dissappear almost. Surprised you didn't even keep champions or a couple of guys who you enjoyed.

In a couple months if you choose to though you can bring back some of those previous guys to feud for the title and lose in their quest to regain glory.

Would it have been more beneficial to have found a new booking job? I think that would have worked well or if you released just the bottom half of the roster and signed new guys.

I was operating as owner and booker for the company, and I didn't want to resign and have someone else take over (mostly because I didn't want to see someone do better at a job I was having a hard time with.) Going to another promotion just wasn't what I was looking for...I wanted new faces, new stories, but liked the product I had. Changing companies would have meant learning a new product and an new roster. And while that would have been something of a challenge, I've done it so many times in the past that it just didn't feel like what I wanted to do this time.

I've thought about bringing some of the old roster back, down the line. I've set a goal of five years, but I might shorten that to only one if I struggle too much. Just have to see how things go. I know some people.

I'm playing a game as OMEGA in Genadi's Montreal aftermath mod and I'm having a ball!

Such a fun promotion. I hired Adam Copeland and Christian Cage and of course they're feuding with Surge(Matt Hardy) and Willow The Whisp(Jeff Hardy). Surge was the starting champ, but in a Five Way also featuring Christopher Daniels, Willow pinned Cage becoming the new champion. There has been some tension between them now. Their characters aren't brothers, just two babyfaces teaming up against the main heels. Right now I'm building towards Copeland challenging Surge to a match where the loser leaves town. But of course, I can't have Matt Hardy leaving a promotion he founded can I?

Plus, rarely does the loser really leave town. After a few shows, Copeland, Cage, Daniels, and Abyss are going to keep beating down Willow leading to the lights going out and who comes out??? Ignis Fatuus!

Ignis and Whisp are going to dominate the main event scene, taking out Copeland and Cage until...BOOM TWIST OF FATE! Ignis takes Whisp out and takes his mask off to reveal Surge/Matt Hardy!

Which leads to Surge vs Willow at our One Year anniversary show.

i love omega in that mod i had a great 12 year run with them before my computer crashed, we were high cult by that time. Finlay and Sasuke where my first champs after surge, and both had long runs with it, Joe and Danielson as well had over year long runs. After WCW went under I was able to get some talent in to do a year long invasion of sorts with OMEGA winning in the end with a team of Danielson, Punk, Surge, and Whisp beating Mysterio, Finlay, Chavo, and Jericho

USPW March 2010

Using rules from the rules thread,

USPW World: Enygma (x2) problem was that Bruce wanted the title and refused to lose to Enygma and used creative control to block it but i didn't want to give him the title, gave it to Tyson Baine then took it back off him the following American Wrestling episode.

USPW World Tag Team: The Submission Machines (JD Morgan & Merle O'Curle) they have been dominant since coming into USPW.

USPW Television: Jumbo Jackson, my floating title where the winner is not picked, has held the title since he beat Jackie America.

USPW Womens: Belle Bryden, defeated Robinson,Strong & Cherry at Stars,Stripes and Slams due to face Alicia Strong.

Been getting good show ratings, partly due to cutting the crappy workers such as the Hillbillys, and also due to abusing monster angles meaning Bruce (all 100),Enygma (min 91),Baine (min 81) are really over and working agreements with NOTBPW & TCW has allowed me to bring in Johnny Bloodstone & RDJ, also split up Savage Fury and fired Tribal Warrior as i am having Java re-debut as Great Jabwa.

Archived