The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am not crazy about that formula either but I will say I would rather see it done this way then the typical 4 minute match that they have on RAW and Impact.<p> </p><p> I think both of you are right he seems to be a hippy of some sorts. The thing is with that look you know he is a jobber right away. There is no way ROH would push a guy like that.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I must say that now I get to see ROH on a regular basis I am not blown away by anyone as far as promos go. I kept on hearing how great Kevin Steen's promos are but to me they are kind of bland. The guys I think cut the best promos in the company are The Young Bucks. Even Jay Lethal's proms just do not seem as good as they were when he was in TNA.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> About the ROH formula vs. WWE formula: I totally agree! I love that they give more time for the main event as it should be rather then less time with WWE, then again they're totally different products but, you get my point.</p><p> </p><p> Kevin Steen was pushing the envelope with his earlier promos with Cornette maybe back in December..??? I'm not totally sure since I only caught glimpses of it. Now, I think he's still doing good but I think it's because the storyline has evolved with the banning of his piledriver and now pushing for a title match against Richards. I do agree that The Young Bucks not only are good on the mic but I believe they are possibly the best heel tag team because of how they work heat like not shaking hands (even though that's easy to do) and they way they portray they're cockiness.</p>

Anyone ordering the shows tonight & tomorrow? I am, though I'm not as excited as I was for their Mania weekend shows last year. It doesn't help that they've lost guys like Daniels and the KoW, but I think my biggest problem is that they keep holding off on Davey vs. Steen. This is the obvious world title match that everyone wants to see, and it feels like the main event scene is just sort of treading water until they decide to pull the trigger on it.

Anyone ordering the shows tonight & tomorrow? I am, though I'm not as excited as I was for their Mania weekend shows last year. It doesn't help that they've lost guys like Daniels and the KoW, but I think my biggest problem is that they keep holding off on Davey vs. Steen. This is the obvious world title match that everyone wants to see, and it feels like the main event scene is just sort of treading water until they decide to pull the trigger on it.

I will be watching the shows, live if I can stay up long enough.

I completely agree with you on the Steen/Davey scenario, probably waiting for GBH or DBD to pull it off (atleast I hope it's not put off till FB). It's also madness that Steen vs Generico is almost being thrown away on this card. The feud wen't from being huge, ending with Steen out of the promotion, to this? I have no problem with Steen being back, but I don't see where his feud with Generico goes. How do you top the last feud ending? (Well Generico turning would work, but he is the ultimate babyface, why turn?)

I would say I wan't Steen to challenge for the title mainly because it is a bit of unpredictability. Do I see Elgin (Davey's night 2 opponent), Edwards or Strong walking away from this weekend champion, the short answer is no.

Can I see Steen winning the title, yes. I doubt it will happen soon, but maybe by Final Battle. And that's what I wan't, unpredictability. Something unfortunately ROH can't deliver all the time.

Slightly dissapointed Lance Storm isn't on the second day as well, but couldn't expect too much considering he is in semi-retirement. And hopefully this goes some of the way to getting Bennett accepted by the majority of ROH fans.

Still pumped for the show though.

The quality of this show streamwise has been absolutely terrible. Watched Steen vs. Generico on mute, and it was still awesome, might even stick it out through the main event, but I wont bother to turn the volume back on I dont think. Never had these troubles when all ROH had was iPPV, but it seems like as soon as they got back on TV every iPPV theyve done has had some issue. The matches themselves have been very good, but its really frustrating how amatuer this show looks.

This was my first IPPV and after the issues tonight my last made it to the Bucks ANX match but gave in. I'm just gonna stick to waiting for the DVDs

Can't say I blame you. If this had been my first experience with it, I doubt I would have ever ordered another. The other shows I've ordered have had some hiccups, but nothing close to this. If they get it synced up for the replay and I can watch the second half of the show in the morning, AND tomorrow's show goes more smoothly, I won't swear off of GFL just yet. But yeah, I certainly can't blame you if this is your one and only purchase from GFL.

so GFL now says they are waiting until after the show today to post the rest of night 1. And the power goes out great...who was it that said everything that can go wrong seemingly dose. I'm glad I'm not backstage right now the moral has got to be in the dirt after these shows

Both parts of the show seem to be up now. Starting my viewing now, having left the live stream last night after the ANX/Young Bucks match.

Wasn't particulally impressed with GFL last night, but like TFC I have had positive experience with them in the past so it hasn't pushed me to boycott GFL territory yet.

Hopefully, again like TFC, I can get through the first show before the second one kicks off. Watching from the start again, because the audio issues kinda ruined the matches yesterday.

The second show was well underway before you posted that, 1234. It should be over by now, I imagine.

It just finished up. A few burps in the stream today as well as they "lost power" for about 20 minutes and lost the entire O'Rielly/Cole match. Main Event was worth the money though. Good wrestling, even though the vast majority of the show came off amatuer with the production of it.

The second show was well underway before you posted that, 1234. It should be over by now, I imagine.

Damn it. I assumed it was the same as yesterday. Herp Derp. :o

What happened with the Cole/O'Reilly match? Did the stream just cut out? If that's the case glad I didn't watch it live, that would have ****** me off. Hopefully the footage still exists and can be salvaged for the replays.

Damn it. I assumed it was the same as yesterday. Herp Derp. :o

What happened with the Cole/O'Reilly match? Did the stream just cut out? If that's the case glad I didn't watch it live, that would have ****** me off. Hopefully the footage still exists and can be salvaged for the replays.

Yeah, screen just went black. Lights were on in the arena and all that so I'm thinking they'll still have the footage for replays and DVDs but nobody outside of the arena saw anything other than the entrances.

It just finished up. A few burps in the stream today as well as they "lost power" for about 20 minutes and lost the entire O'Rielly/Cole match. Main Event was worth the money though. Good wrestling, even though the vast majority of the show came off amatuer with the production of it.

When did the second ANX/Young Bucks match happen? I was watching the replay earlier but had problems with my internet during the Lethal/Roderick match and wasn't able to finish. Did they squeeze it in in between the TV and World title matches, or did I miss something?

When did the second ANX/Young Bucks match happen? I was watching the replay earlier but had problems with my internet during the Lethal/Roderick match and wasn't able to finish. Did they squeeze it in in between the TV and World title matches, or did I miss something?

They came back from intermission with it. I think it cut out a bit of the ending of it too, because I dont remember the ending.

They came back from intermission with it. I think it cut out a bit of the ending of it too, because I dont remember the ending.

...now that I think about it, I don't think there even was an intermission on the replay. :confused:

The replay feed cut out during TJP/Fire Ant, and came back in the middle of Bennett cutting a promo. I guess more was missing than I thought.

...now that I think about it, I don't think there even was an intermission on the replay. :confused:

The replay feed cut out during TJP/Fire Ant, and came back in the middle of Bennett cutting a promo. I guess more was missing than I thought.

Wow, that does suck. I got the stream back in time to hear the announcement of gong to intermission, and got about the first half of the street fight or so. Then came back in time to catch the end of Bennett's speil. They probably took that bit of the street fight out to avoid everything looking weird, and salvage some footage hopefully. Or something.

ROH will be back on iPPV with Border Wars in Toronto on May 12th. The main event is already official, but I guess it will be "announced" on their TV show, so I won't spoil it here.

The real reason I'm posting this is that Kevin Kelly confirmed on his Twitter that the show won't be broadcast through GoFightLive. They're still finalizing the details, but for those of us who were frustrated with GFL's handling of Showdown in the Sun (and really, who wasn't?), this is welcome news.

• 4 weeks later...
Now that I get to watch ROH on a weekly basis I have a question about something minor. Now I know that Prince Nana is the leader of the Embassy and that Tommaso Ciampa is the wrestler of the group. What I want to know is who in the heck are the other people in the group and why are they there backstory wise. To me none of them seem to serve any kind of purpose.