I tend to be very loyal to my wrestlers in my games, and as such I tend to have title changes very rarely. With the exception of a fluke tag title reign in my FCW that was done purely to meet Leper Messiah's contractual obligations (and a nearly two year reign as Puerto Rican champion by Puerto Rican Power) my titles reigns have all lasted between 10-14 months. To give you a general idea, I'm currently in April of 2013, and I haven't had more than four different champions of any one title. Of course, this isn't counting the title history prior to the start of the game.

I tend to be very loyal to my wrestlers in my games, and as such I tend to have title changes very rarely. With the exception of a fluke tag title reign in my FCW that was done purely to meet Leper Messiah's contractual obligations (and a nearly two year reign as Puerto Rican champion by Puerto Rican Power) my titles reigns have all lasted between 10-14 months. To give you a general idea, I'm currently in April of 2013, and I haven't had more than four different champions of any one title. Of course, this isn't counting the title history prior to the start of the game.

What happens if we don't meet these contractual obligations? Example: I sign with Triple H for 2 years and promise him a main event title run, but then i don't deliver. I never tried it, what happens in those cases?

I tend to do title runs that go between 3 and 6 months when running a big promotion, cause there's always a lot of people that deserves a run. But when i want to capitalise on a good push, when i'm loyal to a certain wrestler, or for other reason tha my include a heel dominating and stuff like that, i hand out long runs, like between 9 and 14 months (give or take).

What happens if we don't meet these contractual obligations? Example: I sign with Triple H for 2 years and promise him a main event title run, but then i don't deliver. I never tried it, what happens in those cases?

They wont Resign until you give them what you promised

I personally like doing long title reigns, but they are often thrown off by bigger promotions stealing my Champions, out of 5 previous champions 4 have been stolen whil champion and i had to quickly take the belts off them.

I'm more of a five month run type of guy for my World Titles

I like to keep my scene active and sure people will say your devaluing the belt, but when any wrestler in my main event is a constant threat, I believe it builds the title back up

for my lower titles I throw them around to different guys every two months basically or shorter while my tag titles all the time are traded around

I'm more of a five month run type of guy for my World Titles

I like to keep my scene active and sure people will say your devaluing the belt, but when any wrestler in my main event is a constant threat, I believe it builds the title back up

for my lower titles I throw them around to different guys every two months basically or shorter while my tag titles all the time are traded around

5 months does not seem devaluing at all. How many 5 months champion do you even see at WWE nowadays? I do between 3 and 6 months. (Sometimes less or more,depending on the circunstances)

I tend to favor high churn because I prefer running lots of shows (9 or more a month). My world champ is special and is usually the type of worker who could pull a decently rated match out of a broomstick. Those kinds of workers aren't very common so the only time I deviate from that strategy is when I'm trying to build someone up. I might put the title on a less experienced main eventer, but that/those workers I mentioned would always be the primary contenders (and thus, ready to take over if the prospect falters).

My Main Title usually bounces around every 5-6 months. That's about the length of time it takes for me to get bored of someone on top. In my current TCW game I kept it on Rocky Golden a bit longer (trying to make him 'worthy' despite his crumminess) but normally I'd be looking for fresh meat in 5-6 months. "Lesser" titles change a bit more.

Although, I just realized that El Leon has held my (main event level) All Action strap for 15 months now. I keep bringing in guys and building them up to fight him, but when the PPV arrives, it never feels right to make the switch. Hell Monkey. Dark Angel. Zimmy Bumfhole. Acid. Ryan Powell. It's weird, I never intended such a dominant run. He's not that much better than the other lightweights. He's not a great promo. Just never felt right.

My Main Title usually bounces around every 5-6 months. That's about the length of time it takes for me to get bored of someone on top. In my current TCW game I kept it on Rocky Golden a bit longer (trying to make him 'worthy' despite his crumminess) but normally I'd be looking for fresh meat in 5-6 months. "Lesser" titles change a bit more.

Although, I just realized that El Leon has held my (main event level) All Action strap for 15 months now. I keep bringing in guys and building them up to fight him, but when the PPV arrives, it never feels right to make the switch. Hell Monkey. Dark Angel. Zimmy Bumfhole. Acid. Ryan Powell. It's weird, I never intended such a dominant run. He's not that much better than the other lightweights. He's not a great promo. Just never felt right.

Such things also happen irl.

I usually keep at least the main title on people for long periods of time. I find someone who can deliver good matches but seems relatively unlikely to get stolen and have him run with the ball. My main champion in smaller promotions is rarely the best guy I have, as I don't want to run the risk of having him stolen while champion. Of course it's always one of the best, as he has to carry the main events.

I usually have a floating title called the Wrestling Challenge Championship (or something similar) that changes hands more frequently, for all those midcard title runs in contracts. The gimmick of that title is that whoever is champion cannot refuse a challenge and has to defend his title against anyone who wants a shot, with little-to-no preparation time and sometimes multiple defences per show.

I usually keep at least the main title on people for long periods of time. I find someone who can deliver good matches but seems relatively unlikely to get stolen and have him run with the ball. My main champion in smaller promotions is rarely the best guy I have, as I don't want to run the risk of having him stolen while champion. Of course it's always one of the best, as he has to carry the main events.

I usually have a floating title called the Wrestling Challenge Championship (or something similar) that changes hands more frequently, for all those midcard title runs in contracts. The gimmick of that title is that whoever is champion cannot refuse a challenge and has to defend his title against anyone who wants a shot, with little-to-no preparation time and sometimes multiple defences per show.

Speaking of odd titles, i have the Jobber World Championship! :D

I ran a very interesting game with SWF. They had 2 A shows a week and I forced myself to have a title exchange on every show. If anything it just got people into the HOI faster. I even tried to make the lineage go alphabetically(ME's only), then by age (oldest to youngest ME's) Then by size (Largest to smallest ME's and the last one I did was by how many finishers they had (lowest to highest for ME's).

I do that with purchased titles. This is the area I typically go with a dominant champion. Since a title that's always on the line usually isn't regarded very highly (hello WWF Hardcore belt), I often present at least two challengers who request a shot at once. The two go head to head and the winner faces the champion (and often loses, but learns a few things in the run-up). I had found that I wasn't getting enough people asking for title runs so the title would stay on one person for long stretches. Then I decided to use it for both title run promises and training up promising workers (and fishing for vs chemistry).

I run a company called WWA. My titles don't change hands very often. I mean, none of them. I have had only two World Heavyweight Champions (Edd Stone, now Steve DeColt).

My U.S. Heavyweight Championship has been on (Steve) Gumble for most of the game, but he just lost it to Jeremy Finch a.k.a. Scout.

My Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship has changed hands a lot, actually. First was Lanny (Williams), who lost it on his first defense to Blake Belushi. He went on to lose it to Oleg (Dorosklov) who just lost it to Captain Hugh (a.k.a. Hugh de Aske) at my second biggest show of the year.

My Tag Team Championship has been pretty stable, too. Those belts have been associated with Mainstream Marksmen (Kirk Jameson and James Hernandez) the entire time, but they just lost them to the TCW Hellraisers (Billy Jack Shearer and Randall Hopkirk...did I mention I managed to buy TCW? Tommy Cornell leads this trio called the TCW Hellraisers who are looking to restore TCW's lost glory by reeking havoc on the company that bought them out...I think I have to do a big post on this storyline because it's really good).

For the Top Contender's title I usually give them 3-4 months before moving them onto bigger things. Tracy Brendon's had it for 9 months though, and she's main event now.

For my main event title I like to have long runs with 1 or 2 shock title switches thrown in to keep things interesting. Parvati Mehra (roughly as skilled as Goodlooks but a better talker) had a year long reign with Catherine Quine getting a week and Nadia Snow getting a month thrown in there. But I think with the REIGN OF DOOM done though, I'm going to go back to 3 months-ish, especially since I'm doing weekly shows.

The title that usually has the longest reigns is actually my tag title, and I think this is because there's so much you can do with a feud when 4 people are involved in it. Wade and Snow got 9 months with it, Kate Pascal (user) and Suzue Katayama got 10 months with it, Grace Harper and Steph Blake were going to have along run but Steph got poached by NOTBPW (:() so I shotted it across to Eve Grunge and Paige Croft.

It's generally the same in my USPW game. Tyson Baine = awesome.

It depends on the person / people carrying the title(s). I could move the World title between two over workers similar to what the WWF did with Rock and Foley in the 90's without thinking about it twice. I'm a huge fan of EPIC title reigns though.

Spencer Spade in my MAW game was starting to get the "John Cena reaction" from the crowd. AKA... he was over, World champ for 10 months, but his segments were still draining because the crowd was just sick of seeing this fan favorite dominate everyone from one PPV to the next. It lead to me hyping up a Jay Chord vs Spencer Spade match on LIVE TV for the World title... which he ended up losing cleanly as the face. Now he's in the "chase for the title" role and it's working out. It was disappointing when his segments were dragging because I wanted him to hold the title for over one year but I knew it wasn't possible with the way things were going.

I do it pretty much like FlameSnoopy, as long as nothing unforeseen happens (i.e. workers giving me an attitude) I try to run a fed much like it operates irl. Playing my WWE game that I started TEW 2010 with still (KYR), my average title reign is around 2-4 months until a belt changes hands.

Playing as Golden Canvas Grappling and it depends on the title.

The world title has changed hands once, at my first big event, because I didn't like Gakusha holding the title. Hyobanshi has had a two year long reign and he's doing a tremendous job at being the company's top guy. It's only ever defended on PPVs so even with a long reign Hyobanshi has 20-something defenses.

The other main event singles title, the General's title, which I created when I hired Eisaku Hosino (with a kayfabe explanation that he didn't recognize being stripped of his title previously when he went into politics) is defended on TV a lot and the reigns are usually between 3 and 9 months. The world champion isn't allowed to challenge for this belt and vice versa, so I've had a an instance where the champion has (kayfabe) vacated this title so he could hunt the world title. That match popped huge.

The world tag titles, also main event level, where thrown around pretty liberally when they were mid level titles but once my tag division got busy and these titles rose in prestige I made the runs longer.

Midcard title reigns last anywhere between a month and a year.

In TEW 2008 I had my Avatar (with A* popularity from the start) hold the Main Event title of a local/small/regional promotion at Rock Hard for 100 defenses! (around 8 years). If it seems weird to you WWF had a similar view on the subject during the 70's when they gave the belt to Bruno Samartino for a long long long time.

In TEW 2010 however my Avatar has F- stats in all and pop at F- and while he slowly starts improving (at F+ now) I am forced to use other talent.

Bob Casey for 3 months (Don't Laugh! We were Local back then!)

Steve Flash for 2 months (First Small Size Champion!)

Steven Parker for 3 months (Golden Kid's reign interupted by SWF buy out! I HATE those guys!)

Fox Max For 2 Months

Jim Force For 3 Months

Mr Lucha III Current Champion for 3 months (I am willing to push this guys for at least 3 years until Regional)

I usually go to creative, check the list for the Popular wrestlers and choose the guy that is on top of my list. In a heavy popularity program, usually is the guy with the greatest Popularity/Charisma/Star Quality is my Main Event Champ. My view on the subject is that I change a champion when I get a guy with a better package than the current champion or when I loose a Champion to another company.

Archived