Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Thread

jesterx7769

<p>I like the idea behind the stat decay system, but let me say I absolutely <strong>HATE </strong>how it was implemented. In my opinion it happens way too soon and way too often. I could understand your stats decaying as you get older. I could understand your stats decaying if you go months without training them. However I can't grasp the concept of in three weeks time going from 20 in a stat to 0. </p><p> </p><p>

Career mode is fun so far but I can see how the " rapid stat decay " system will greatly diminish the fun factor the higher up the ranks you get.</p><p> </p><p>

I've only recently figured out how to " touch gloves " before the fight. Nine more to go then its back to sneaking in a power punch before cpu puts up its guard.</p>

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27736" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't have to pay if you bought it new. There's a code on the back of the booklet that 'unlocks' the online capabilities. If you buy it used, I hear that you'd have to purchase that on the online marketplace (with PSN $ or MS Points)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jesterx7769" data-cite="jesterx7769" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27736" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>$5 if you get it used.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dumbest idea ever. Its going to eventually (if people were smarter than the average bear) kill the used game market. Why pay for something you're not buying all of? </p><p> </p><p> But thats what happens when you have 100k copies sold and 200k people playing it online.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Daffanka" data-cite="Daffanka" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27736" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's thresholds at 30, 50 and 70 (I think?) so train your stats one by one until you hit one of those.<p> </p><p> Two days left. Aaaa I want to Peruvian Necktie people!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> yes those are the thresh hold numbers but the issue is the rate at which the stats decrease.</p>

<p>But if you remember, EA already did this with NBA Live's DNA system. You got a code for it in the box. If you bought it used, and the person had used the code, it was $10. The argument could be made that at least that was something unique.</p><p> </p><p>

I don't know how many people buy used. The only times I buy used are if I plan on beating the game within a week so I can return it and get a different game. And for the $5 difference, it hardly seems worth it. I take great care with my games, can't stand playing something someone didn't do the same with.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the game, (and the stat decay), I guess that's where online camps will come in very handy right? Since the stats should stay pretty high that way (or get them back to normal before a fight in career mode). They are linked, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wrestlingfan#1" data-cite="wrestlingfan#1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27736" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dumbest idea ever. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's a great idea.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27736" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Its going to eventually (if people were smarter than the average bear) kill the used game market. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> ...But that's the point; to kill off a massive market that THQ, EA and co don't get a slice of. Developers and publishers don't see a penny from any second hand game that is sold - it all goes to the store's/sellers. </p><p> </p><p> Game stores are going crazy to get games back off you as soon as you buy them. When I picked up Red Dead last Friday, they were offering £25 guaranteed store credit if you returned the game within two weeks. On top of that, they were giving everyone who went into the store (whether you bought something or not) a big paper bag. Basically they would give you an additional £1 of store credit for every game you put in the bag to trade in. </p><p> </p><p> Why pay £40-50 for a game on release day why you can buy if for £25-35 two weeks later? It's hurting developers, which will only hurt the quality and frequency of games in the long run.</p>

<p>Just read and used a great way to gain lots of sparring points.</p><p> </p><p>

For those of you that dont have it yet, sparring points aren't based off damage (like 09) they are just based on effectiveness, i.e. differential number of strikes between you and your opponent</p><p> </p><p>

so heres what you do</p><p> </p><p>

go to Minnesota MMA academy, learn the suplex to side control from clinch, its a really easy move to pull off and i learned it in one session</p><p> </p><p>

basically you then just push the right trigger toward your partner to clinch, do L1+Right joystick to suplex him to side control, then weak punch the crap out of his head counter grappling any time he tries to get up. its much easier then trying to time a regular shoot and since youre in side control its harder for him to get back up</p><p> </p><p>

edit: since posting this I did two sparring sessions on the 2/4 difficulty setting and got 34 and 35 points respectfully. Much better than the 12 I got earlier</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27736" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You don't have to pay if you bought it new. There's a code on the back of the booklet that 'unlocks' the online capabilities. If you buy it used, I hear that you'd have to purchase that on the online marketplace (with PSN $ or MS Points)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> thanks a lot, i wasnt even going to play online if i had to pay for it. has anyone played online? i never played 09 online i heard it was crappy, so im hoping this isnt bad. only i really dont like about the game im getting a feeling ur going to need to play online to improve ur character completely. does anyone know how many fight camps u can join online? i was thinking about joining the gds but i also wanted to try out starting my own.</p>

Everyone (well, everyone who ordered from GAME at least to get the pre-order stuff) had their order dispatched today. If you chose special delivery, you'll get it tomorrow, if not, your future is in the hands of the Royal Mail.

Those guys never screw up though, right? ;)

Im glad I went for the Free Delivery.. the game arrived this morning and it cost me nothing extra... thanks GAME!

installing now..

just had my first match, as Big Country against Kimbo... took him down, advanced to crucifix and split him wide open until the ref stepped in and endedc the fight..

@Adam - from what I can grasp its the major transitions downwards that move to mount and the major transitions upwards that move to north/south..

im gonna play the Tutorial now.. just for kicks and probably a trophy...

then its off to career mode for me...

Had a match yesterday (Jones <me> vs Kimbo <AI>) - First time Kimbo has been in a fight and won in my game. And what makes it hilarious is that he knocked me out in the clinch...and I was still in the clinch, never fell down. But the Announcers said "He's out!" -- about 10 seconds later, the ref stopped the fight after I couldn't punch.

LOL

One thing I'm not quite understanding is advancing from side control - it seems to be completely random whether it goes to north-south or into mount...is there a specific way to choose?

it is def. kinda glitchy. The minor transition is supposed to go to mount and major to North/South. However I've found even some minors seem to go to North South and there depending what side you are on only one of the four minor ways go to mount so you need to really pay attention to see which way he is trying to go as you can see if he is lifting his leg to go to mount or if he is trying to go to North/South, of course if you transition successfully on the first attempt it makes it hard to study.

btw Salaverry is the best position ever.

Im glad I went for the Free Delivery.. the game arrived this morning and it cost me nothing extra... thanks GAME!

Same :)

I've played a good hour of career mode and am bored to absolute tears already.

First of all, the stat decay system is horrible. I can't learn moves or train because if I do, my stats go down. I can't spar or learn new moves because if I do, my strength/speed/conditioning disappears...

Learning new moves...again, it's not explained very well. For example, I tried to learn a suplex of some sort. It tells me I need to perform at least three throws/trips from the clinch for progression points. Ok...oh, wait, my fighter has no throws/trips from the clinch. The biggest issue I'm having though is that it's taking me a few weeks (plus a few weeks rest) to learn a single move...by which point my stats/attributes are all down to zero. Am I missing something?

So pretty much like last year, career mode is an awkward, repetitive and most importantly funless mess. The regular fights are great (especially against mates) and the presentation is excellent...but I fail to see where all this effort they have supposedly put into career mode has gone...

Ah well, Undisputed 2010 is already back in the box and on the shelf next to 2009, where it will likely remain until people come over for DREAM/UFC on Saturday. Back to Red Dead for me :D

One thing I'm not quite understanding is advancing from side control - it seems to be completely random whether it goes to north-south or into mount...is there a specific way to choose?

Yes, you can, and no, it's not glitchy.

The motions you need to input are very precise, and you need to be extremely mindful of where you position your thumb at the outset of the move. The same can be side about achieving mount up position versus going back to side control. From the mount you need a minor transition in order to posture up, while a major transition moves you back to side control.

Trust me, while it is very difficult to master, especially in the heat of battle, it is not random or broken. I believe I am close to 100 percent in always executing my desired transition.

Im pretty sure its linked to the way you need to shift your body to get to mount. Ie if you need to shift your hips right to get to mount you start off pushing the stick either top or bottom left and and move it in a circular motion to the right.

Thats probably not a good description, and i dont know if thats how it works, it just seems to work for me.

And actually, here's something I discovered today...

Submission + Sparring = Massive points.

If you have strong enough submissions, you can easily earn 250 points or more during every sparring session. You can even choose focus sparring and get massive boosts to your high-level submission skill and make it even stronger. I got 24 bonus points and took my submissions from 70 to 94. I think that's the equivalent of 250 points.

Same :)

Learning new moves...again, it's not explained very well. For example, I tried to learn a suplex of some sort. It tells me I need to perform at least three throws/trips from the clinch for progression points. Ok...oh, wait, my fighter has no throws/trips from the clinch. The biggest issue I'm having though is that it's taking me a few weeks (plus a few weeks rest) to learn a single move...by which point my stats/attributes are all down to zero. Am I missing something?

When you learn moves you get to use the move you are trying to learn.

this stat decay is absolutely ridiculous... everything goes down at a stupid pace.. ive got 4/5 stats sitting on 30 and everything else at bloody 0... wtf is this stupid thing supposed to achieve.. I can dominate a fight.. get a knockdown, try to pass guard - but am immediately tapped to a kimura because my sub defense has gone from 15 to 0 without even apparently been set as 'decreasing'...

this career mode needs a patch or ill be quickly losing any will to see Julio "Chainsaw" Rodriguez fight.. in the WFA no less.. ill never make the UFC with my stats dropping every time i take a step..

I had a problem with the decay with my first fighter just because I didn't fully understand what to do.

My second fighter, however, I've never had a stat decrease on me yet. I just make sure to put at least one point in every slot each time I can. Any left over goes into the category I want to increase the furthest. I keep doing that until I get everything to 30/50/70.

are many people rocking the 'flawed' career mode yet?

(I realise its not officially out here or in Europe till tomorrow)

my fighter is Julio "Chainsaw" Rodriguez from Santiago, Chile... I went 9-3 in the WFA, and after a rocky start (I was 3-3) Ive worked my way up onto the undercard of Ultimate Fight Night 49 against James Wilks.. Im the current #16 in the Welterweight Division.. with all of my wins coming by knockout (started out with the left head kick, but no ive got lots of power in either hand)

I do most of my training with Thiago Alves at American Top Team and have left 6 techniques from him.. its now August 2012, with my fight against Wilks coming in November... this is the big time now..

hows everyone else getting along?

I'm doing quite well with my career. Middleweight Vladimir "The Saint" Smirnov is 34-6, with the majority of my wins coming via submission (Lvl. 3 Gogoplata to be specific). A lot of training time with Team Penn and 10th Planet.

The submissions are just too fun for me to lay off, and they're beastly in sparring mode. Clinch suplex into side control into Lvl 3. Arm Choke. Just massive gains.

Thanks for the tips on the transitions, I'll try them out tomorrow. Any tips on achieving submissions? Even on the easiest level, tired and battered opponents seem to able to resist my submissions even when I'm a guy with high submission skills - is there a special "trick" to spinning the right stick in a certain way? Or is it just "spin it as fast as you can"?

Archived