Worst ever movies.

Trashbear

I don't doubt this thread has been done before, but I just heard that there's a new "Silent Hill" movie in the works.

I can say, without hyperbole, that the first "Silent Hill" movie was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen...ever. Sure, they kept the music from the games and some of the enemies, but man...what a reeking pile of ****. I have fond memories of the first two games, but that doesn't buy the movie a free pass.

Some people have said they liked it, and that it wasn't that bad. I like bad movies in a campy type of way, but I at least have the decency to know that those movies are lousy. People (if you can call 14 year-old IGN trolls people) have actually tried to make a case for this film as a brilliant piece of cinema. I'm not in the habit of saying that someone's opinion is wrong...but I can't think of a nice way to end that sentence.

So I'm curious...what other awful movies have you guys seen?

P.S. - I hate "Vanilla Sky" and pretty much every Cameron Crowe film, including "Almost Famous."

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked Vanilla Sky. But I preferred the original Spanish movie (starring Penelope Cruz in the same role) to it. I'll come back with bad movies, but I typically find something to like about any movie.

No thread on this topic worth its salt can be complete without The Medusa Touch. When you can make telekinesis boring, squander a woman like Lee Remick and make your viewer wish he'd been in the church you collapsed just so he forget your movie in peace, you deserve to "never work in This Town again."

I liked Vanilla Sky. But I preferred the original Spanish movie (starring Penelope Cruz in the same role) to it.

Thumbs up.

As for bad movies - Domino was pretty awful. Most really bad films are so bad they're enjoyable, but not that one.

I liked Vanilla Sky. But I preferred the original Spanish movie (starring Penelope Cruz in the same role) to it. I'll come back with bad movies, but I typically find something to like about any movie.

I've heard nothing but positive things about the original version of Vanilla Sky, but I've never seen it. It may be a case of my general dislike of the actors and actresses in the American version.

But the Spanish thing also reminded me of another movie..."Pan's Labyrinth." Not that it was bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting. At all. I think I realized that when a farmer's faced was crushed in with the butt end of a glass bottle. Yeesh.

Well, I liked Silent Hill. Didn't love it, didn't think it was the best thing of all time, but did like it. And I say that as a fan of the games.

Paranormal Activity = massive peice of ****. I can't use enough horrible words to explain how annoyed I am I spent money to go and see that. Spider-Man 3, I didn't spend money to go see, and when a family member got in on DVD, I can see why. God damnnnn. 1 was good, 2 was awesome, 3 was so bad. Much like Pirates of the Caribbean 3. That's two or so hours of my life I'm never getting back.

"worst movie ever" huh? Well it is all about taste and opinion so it will always be argumentative. I liked Almost Famous and Domino. :p I think the worst movie I have seen or remember saying "this is the worst movie I have ever seen" was during The Order with Heath Ledger. My guess though that movie they made with Kelly Clarkson and the dude with boucy hair would have to be the worst movie ever I would imagine.

Actually, when you think about it, Silent Hill was sort of brilliant.

I mean, anyone can make a movie about Silent Hill. But it takes a true artist to make the viewer feel like her or she has actually been transported to a realm of perpetual suffering.

Ahh, when I think of truely bad movies, two stand out above and beyond the rest.

First is Troll 2. Couple of things about Troll 2; firstly, it has nothing to do with Troll 1. They used the 'Troll 2' name to try and spunge some name recognition from the Troll movie that was released a couple of years pervious. Secondly, and most importantly, there are no Trolls in the film. Not one. Not even a mention of one.

It's about a family that go on vacation to the town of Nilbog (Goblin, spelled backwards...clever, eh?) only to be accosted by some of the worst looking movie monsters in movie history.

http://planetofthenerds.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/troll-21.jpg?w=450

This film is so, so bad...words cannot describe. It makes Silent Hill look like The Godfather. It's gained a cult following of the years as one of those films that is so appalling that it's hilarious.

Check out this clip that became an internet meme: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/theyre-eating-her-oh-my-god

The second one I think of is the legendary 'The Room'. Words cannot describe this film. Google it and if it's ever screened in your area, for god's sake go and see it...it'll be the best 90 mins of your life.

If I exclude the experimental films I was forced to watch in uni (seriously, Wavelength by Michael Snow is the worst thing in the universe) then I am pretty easy to please but a few movies suck so hard even I hate them.

Sgt Kabukiman NYPD

Norbit

Meet the Spartans

but I pretty much knew what I was getting in for with those films, they just happened to be what I expected but way worse.

Dragonball Evolution.

One day, I decided to sit through it, as an exercise in self-limitation.

It's like someone read about Dragonball in a book, and then said "This sounds like a great idea but Akira Toriyama doesn't know anything about stories!"

Oh man, forgot about Meet The Spartans. Jesus, that was awful. You can add Epic Movie, Date Movie and any of those that aren't Scary Movie 1 & 2 to that list.

And Norbit was God awful too. Oh, Eddie Murphy, you used to be funny.

I've never seen the original Vanilla Sky, but as an unapologetic Tom Cruise fan, I love his Vanilla Sky. As I said though, I probably shouldn't even talk about it because I'm way too biased with the Cruise and I even made Minority Report my favorite movie of the last decade, so yeah.

I also don't have a problem with Cameron Crowe, especially if we are talking about the absolute, bottom of the barrel, worst out there.

I'm not a horror fan, so movies like the Saw series, Rob Zombie movies, as well as the Nightmare on Elm Street/Friday the 13th/Evil Dead series are some really bad examples of entertainment for me. These are just the mainstream examples, but anything that falls under that umbrella of horror is my worst nightmare of something to sit through.

Some of you youngins won't remember these but they are hands down the worst movies I have ever seen.

Ishtar

Waterworld

Any video game adaptation by Uwe Boll (the man just does not believe in 'logic' or 'canon')

Twilight & New Moon

American Psycho (the book was SO awesome. The film, no. Just, no)

Far and Away

I'm sure I can think of more. I'll admit that the first time I saw it, I hated The Craft. But after scrutinizing it a bit more, I think it's kinda cool (and Fairuza Balk plays psychos like no one else can).

American Psycho (the book was SO awesome. The film, no. Just, no)

WHAAAAAAT. I absolutely love the hell out of that film. Personal preference rears its head once more!

Oh, most stuff with Ashton Kutcher. With the exception of Dude, Where's My Car, clearly.

Some of us like driving scenes and revere Torgo as a God!

/nod, Torgo will own us all

And on the subject of Silent Hill - they nailed the atmosphere of the game but ultimately went overboard with the references to the subjects video game origins. I'm talking about the instructional dialogue and the whole map memorizing scene. I get what they were doing but ultimately it didn't come off that well.

RandomFreeze is now off my Christmas Card list. How can anyone hate horror movies especially Evil Dead :(

The worst movie I ever saw in theater was by far Spawn. This was back when I still like the comic and thought the character was cool. I do not have those allusions anymore however, that movie was a disservice to even the crappy comics.

Archived