Worst ever movies.

Trashbear

Just to take this a bit off topic, but I think part of the reason is because the modern day audiences have such short attention spans. Therefore, most movies can not really delve that deep into character development. Just my opinion though.

I remember reading a statistic that said through the first fifty or so years of cinema, the average camera shot lasted like twelve seconds. Modern movies are down to four and a half seconds. So yeah, I think those extra cuts are a good indication that modern attention spans are much shorter.

For me, that movie was so over the top and stupid that it was one of the funniest thing I've ever seen. Watching that movie with a group of friends may have been the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.

Over the top, eh? What about the actual movie, "Over the Top?" The Sylvester Stallone vehicle from the eighties that was about (I ****-you-not) truck driving and arm wrestling. To save Sly's son, IIRC.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again I direct you to: http://www.yourstupidminds.com/ a site so dedicated to bad-movie blogging that our name is a Plan 9 quote.

Also I don't even understand how we're even talking about some of these movies in a "worst ever movies" thread.

Looked at one of the older articles on your website. The Rocketeer was not an original Disney Creation. It was originally a comic book series from the 80's. Just thought I'd let you know.

I liked your Toxic Avenger review. Need to review Citizen Toxie though.

Looked at one of the older articles on your website. The Rocketeer was not an original Disney Creation. It was originally a comic book series from the 80's. Just thought I'd let you know.

I liked your Toxic Avenger review. Need to review Citizen Toxie though.

I never said Rocketeer was a Disney creation. I assure you I'm a comic book nerd and was well aware of that. An earlier draft talked about the Dave Stevens comic specifically, but I think it was clear from comparisons to Dick Tracy, the Shadow and The Phantom that Disney bought the rights to a golden age property, even though Rocketeer was a re-imagined golden age hero.

Thanks for checking out the site: we try to keep the site updated but we both have jobs and I have school on top of it so the time I can devote to bad movie write-ups isn't what I wish it was.

*sigh* as a fan of the Twilight series (books) I have to agree with you. The acting in those movies were horrible.

Not sure of your age but if you are an adult, might I recommend the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward, The Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris (the books that the HBO show True Blood is based on) or The Anita Blake vampire novels by Laurell K. Hamilton. You'll never look at those Twilight vampires the same way. :D

American Psycho (the book was SO awesome. The film, no. Just, no).

What was wrong with the movie? I liked it. It couldn't have been any closer to the novel without getting an NC-17!

Napoleon Dynamite takes second place for me. That film was so bad I hated it just from the previews. I had a friend who watched it and his first comment afterwards were " That's 90 minutes of my life that I want back!"

Ah! I forgot about this. I've only seen this movie twice and it was a couple years after it had been released. I watched it by myself, didn't smile once and really couldn't stand it. Then a few months later I watched it with a friend who was getting the same vibe as me, but instead of hating it, I made jokes about how funny the movie was when it painfully wasn't and the argument made the movie better...in some weird way. So I can stand this movie...as long as no one else legitimately enjoys it :) .

I think Napoleon Dynamite is one of the most culturally important films of it's decade. Actually, that can be measure quantitatively.

It's polarizing, but it's like looking at a wire-frame cube... There's 2 ways to look at it that are completely different in appearance, both fit in their place, but not everyone can see it both ways.

If you saw Napoleon Dynamite after people told you to see it or because you expected something (anything, really) out of it, it's ruined forever. You end up with a "I don't get it!" response.

I didn't know anything about it when I saw it. When it was over, I didn't think much of it. I definitely didn't think of it as great. However, after it sunk in and other people I knew started talking about it, the brilliance sifted to the top. You had to catch it before it became popular.

It's great because it's nothing. It appeared with no fanfare and grew from there. It had no hype. That's why it found it's way into every corner of pop culture. Pretty much any expectations beyond knowing it existed tainted it.

It's not really trying to be funny. It just IS funny. There aren't jokes, there's people. Silly, silly people.

All of the stupidity is intentional, but not subversive. It's not meant to be ironically funny. It's meant to be stupid. It puts the humor into context.

I can't tell you why it's funny. I can't really see why it isn't for some people. It resonates deeply with me.

It's just so ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMx0HsnKWr8

That... especially 1:10 to the end...

Nicholas Cage should just hang his head in shame for most of his career to be honest. National Treasure, Wicker Man, Ghost Rider........etc....etc.....etc.

I liked National Treasure and The Wicker Man is so bad that I love it.

As for bad movies, Don't Mess With The Zohan was basically 2 jokes repeated for an entire film. I normally love Adam Sandler, but how many old-lady sex and hummus jokes can you possibly fit into a film? If there's enough of them, it doesn't matter that the rest of the movie is pretty awful too. It'll suck by default.

There were honestly at least 5 hummus jokes with the final one being a completely un-funny and over-the-top cartoonish gag. There is no intrinsic humor value attached to crushed chick peas. Someone missed this somewhere.

I liked District 9 as well but it seems to be one of those movies that either you liked it or you hated it. There does not seem to be a middle with that movie.

I thought it was an interesting way to make a movie about Apartheid, which is obviously very touchy subject matter, without belittling or glossing over the issues. You can also just watch it as a silly alien movie.

I thought it was an interesting way to make a movie about Apartheid, which is obviously very touchy subject matter, without belittling or glossing over the issues. You can also just watch it as a silly alien movie.

I agree, I went and saw it with friends and neither one knew what Apartheid was. So they hated the movie, but once I explained to them what Apartheid was they had a better understanding of the subject matter and they were able to appreciate the movie better.

Not sure of your age but if you are an adult, might I recommend the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward, The Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris (the books that the HBO show True Blood is based on) or The Anita Blake vampire novels by Laurell K. Hamilton. You'll never look at those Twilight vampires the same way. :D

I am probably older than most who have posted in the thread. :p

I will check those out. I am a huge reader. I have books from all different time peroids, and cultures.

Over the top, eh? What about the actual movie, "Over the Top?" The Sylvester Stallone vehicle from the eighties that was about (I ****-you-not) truck driving and arm wrestling. To save Sly's son, IIRC.

But when he turned his hat the "switch" went on! Plus it had Sammy Hagar's awesome "Winner Takes It All". :D

Im pretty astute about avoiding piles of **** before I step in them for two hours.

So the worst movie Ive ever been forced to sit through...

Chronicles of Riddick.

Movie is complete overblown poorly acted and written self wankery for whats his face.

Ahh, when I think of truely bad movies, two stand out above and beyond the rest.

First is Troll 2. Couple of things about Troll 2; firstly, it has nothing to do with Troll 1. They used the 'Troll 2' name to try and spunge some name recognition from the Troll movie that was released a couple of years pervious. Secondly, and most importantly, there are no Trolls in the film. Not one. Not even a mention of one.

It's about a family that go on vacation to the town of Nilbog (Goblin, spelled backwards...clever, eh?) only to be accosted by some of the worst looking movie monsters in movie history.

http://planetofthenerds.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/troll-21.jpg?w=450

This film is so, so bad...words cannot describe. It makes Silent Hill look like The Godfather. It's gained a cult following of the years as one of those films that is so appalling that it's hilarious.

Check out this clip that became an internet meme: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/theyre-eating-her-oh-my-god

The second one I think of is the legendary 'The Room'. Words cannot describe this film. Google it and if it's ever screened in your area, for god's sake go and see it...it'll be the best 90 mins of your life.

LOL, somehow I saw Troll 2 at my friend's house when I was 6 or 7 and it scared the crap out of me. Then again, Labyrinth scared me when I was young too. What a little baby I was.

Edit: Just checked out some of the quotes on the IMDB page, and am now reporting to Scrapetorrent to get this movie.

Example-

Arnold: [confronting a group of trolls chasing a girl] Let me give you some helpful advice, you... dwarves. Get out of here... or you will be in a lot of trouble.

[winks at girl]

Arnold: [Trolls look at each other in confusion]

Arnold: And remember...

Troll: Kill him!

[throws a spear at Arnold]

Arnold: Arrgghh! Arrgghh!

LOL, somehow I saw Troll 2 at my friend's house when I was 6 or 7 and it scared the crap out of me. Then again, Labyrinth scared me when I was young too. What a little baby I was.

Edit: Just checked out some of the quotes on the IMDB page, and am now reporting to Scrapetorrent to get this movie.

Example-

Arnold: [confronting a group of trolls chasing a girl] Let me give you some helpful advice, you... dwarves. Get out of here... or you will be in a lot of trouble.

[winks at girl]

Arnold: [Trolls look at each other in confusion]

Arnold: And remember...

Troll: Kill him!

[throws a spear at Arnold]

Arnold: Arrgghh! Arrgghh!

My favourite line in the movie is when the kid pee's on all the food to stop the family from eating it (WTF???) and his dad takes him upstairs and shows him the door signs the family made for all their rooms.

Dad: See that, that's hospitality...and you don't p*ss on hospitality!!

District 9's heart was in the right place, but it's still a movie that equates black people to gigantic, scary, naturally violent vermin.

My favourite line in the movie is when the kid pee's on all the food to stop the family from eating it (WTF???) and his dad takes him upstairs and shows him the door signs the family made for all their rooms.

Dad: See that, that's hospitality...and you don't p*ss on hospitality!!

I was looking at that quote too- he then tightens his belt and challenges him to a hunger strike apparently. Just hilarious. No luck finding the movie on scrapetorrent, but I'm going to see this damn thing soon.

I am probably older than most who have posted in the thread. :p

I will check those out. I am a huge reader. I have books from all different time peroids, and cultures.

You were older until now:p

Worst movies ever hmm,ill give you a few.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - (1978), Xanadu - (1980), Catwoman

King Kong Lives - (1986) (Linda Hamilton),Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Masters Of The Universe (big suck job), Superman III(Booo),

Erotic Nights of the Living Dead (1979)(An Italian made movie)

Gingerdread Man:the ashes from an excuted killer are mixed into some cookie dough and naturally the killer comes back as a huge knife wielding murdering Ginger Bread Man. Thats the story line for those who have not seen it lol.

And last but not least on my list is........ ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES

I was looking at that quote too- he then tightens his belt and challenges him to a hunger strike apparently. Just hilarious. No luck finding the movie on scrapetorrent, but I'm going to see this damn thing soon.

I downloaded it last weekend actually as my copy of it has gone walkabout. Check your PM's ;)

You were older until now:p

Worst movies ever hmm,ill give you a few.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - (1978), Xanadu - (1980), Catwoman

King Kong Lives - (1986) (Linda Hamilton),Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Masters Of The Universe (big suck job), Superman III(Booo),

Erotic Nights of the Living Dead (1979)(An Italian made movie)

Gingerdread Man:the ashes from an excuted killer are mixed into some cookie dough and naturally the killer comes back as a huge knife wielding murdering Ginger Bread Man. Thats the story line for those who have not seen it lol.

And last but not least on my list is........ ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES

But Xanadu had the best soundtrack! Olivia Newton John and ELO? Can't be topped.

And hey, does anyone remember the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes saturday morning cartoon?

Archived