Worst ever movies.

Trashbear

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And personal hate Passion Of The Christ, only movie I ever walked out off.

Oh man I forgot about that one. I hated that based on concept alone. "Yo, lets slowly kill jesus for freaking hours". The only thing that makes me sicker than that film is the pseudo-sexual excitement this Ethiopian girl I saw the film with at the time got out of it.

Also on the superhero film subject, X-Men 3 gets more hate than it deserves. Admittedly I am not a comic book movie fan (Watchmen and Iron Man are the only ones I would recommend to anyone) but X-Men 3 was perfectly fine. Spiderman 2 on the other hand? Overrated as all hell. Nowhere near a worst movie ever, but pretty sucky.

1.You can't, under any circumstances, measure a movie based on the trailer.

2.Besides, the viral marketing campaign was fairly invasive and even without it, most advertisements were pretty clear on how the movie was set up. They were composed mostly of news and documentary footage!

3.It's not like this was a bait-n-switch. This is more of a case of "did not do the research".

1. Sure I can I live in a mostly free country. Where I have the right to express my opinion ( as long as that opinion isn't detrimental to the safety of any level ranked government official )

2. The only ads I ever saw showed no news footage, no documentary type camera work. Just explosions and one interview segment where the alien and the one guy were in the interrogation room and when asked the alien said all he wanted was to go home.

3. To me that's exactly what it was. They showed you one thing and delivered something else entirely. I understand that the whole purpose of movies and advertising them on tv is to get people hooked to come into the theater to watch them ( how else are they going to afford those in some cases multi-million dollar salaries that actors and actresses command) that doesn't excuse the fact of how a lot of movies are portrayed. Why should I have to do research on a movie before I go see it the previews should accurately portray what the movie is. That's my opinion anyway and that's all this thread is, is our individual opinions on the worst movies ever. For every movie that someone thinks is the worst there is probably at least one or more person(s) who like the movie (see below)

8. Howard the Duck

Blasphemy

5 - Howard the Duck

Blasphemy again

This is my all time rated favorite movie. All though I do have some bias as I have fond memories of watching this movie twice a day on USA network when i was a just a pup over at my grandparents house.

I'll throw my hat in for the daredevil hate i've never watched it and refuse to this day and will refuse until the day I die.

Ok whe have gone this long on this board without mention of wrestling related flicks????

No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando, Mr. Nanny, Thunder In Paradise (The Movies) etc. Bassicly all of Hulks flicks. Ready To Rumble.

And personal hate Passion Of The Christ, only movie I ever walked out off.

On Trolls 2 friend of mine actually rented this at his 10th birthday party thinking it would be good hehe.

The first two that I bolded weren't wrestling related movies, they just starred a professional wrestler. I can't comment on Thunder in Paradise as I only remember the TV series and not any movies. I actually like the first two you mentioned and really enjoyed the series. Mr. Nanny and Ready to Rumble I agree with you on.

Well wrestling related in any shape or form, so starring a wrestler (not just cameo) counts. As none where mentioned before. And well I did not want to write down all of Hogan's flicks as you can look them up. Most are very very very bad.

Also on the superhero film subject, X-Men 3 gets more hate than it deserves. Admittedly I am not a comic book movie fan (Watchmen and Iron Man are the only ones I would recommend to anyone) but X-Men 3 was perfectly fine. Spiderman 2 on the other hand? Overrated as all hell. Nowhere near a worst movie ever, but pretty sucky.

X-Men 3 really gets my fanboy panties in a twist. Like you say, it's not bad, but every time I see it I think of a bunch of different ways I'd twist it around and do it differently. It disappointed me... but then I love the X-Men, so my standards were very high.

Hard to pick a 'worst movie'. Usually if a film can give me one moment of happiness I'll forgive it.

No it gets exactly the hate it deserves. Not a single scene in that film makes any sense, Cyclops is killed off-camera and never mentioned again as he's too busy being in another mediocre comic book movie, Jean Grey apparently always had the Phoenix power which allows her to kill things in terrible PG-13 CGI, day and night seem to alternate with no rhyme or reason scene to scene. A "cure" for ALL mutation is created, synthesized, mass produced, and put into projectile form in a matter of days, characters appear for no reason and do nothing to advance the plot and do nothing but provide cameos for the C and D list X-Men not important enough to warrant cameos in the first two films. Seriously, Callisto? Arclight? Kid Omega? Was anyone actually excited to see these unrecognizable, generic characters in brief, useless parts?

It's just scene after scene of pointless, poorly shot fight-scenes featuring a bunch of CGI that already looks dated. It's just awful on every level. Seriously did they even have a script when they started shooting this nonsense? (Fun fact: Spider-Man 2 started shooting before they had a final draft of a screenplay.)

On the plus side, Kelsay Grammar is well-cast as Beast. Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde is well-cast but neither are given much to do.

On the plus side, Kelsay Grammar is well-cast as Beast. Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde is well-cast but neither are given much to do.

As was wolverine and Professor X in my opinion.

I think the whole movie industry just sucks at making the "hero" type movies. Seems like they get people who already have this "goody goody" image of the heroes, and don't want to spoit it. Making everything more cartoony then the cartoon movies.

An example to me would be Batman/Superman (I just watched not long ago), Deadly enemies. This wouldn't work as a movie, because of the "Wholesome" image everyone is projected to have on these two heroes. In the comics and cartoon movies, alot of times Superman is just plain "bad ass", and Batman is more vigilante then any movie has ever depicted him. Even the movie where he lets Ra's go down, people got a little bent out of shape with it. They are always more Tame then in the comics... Superman in the movies is more like Captain Marvel (a child's mind of good/bad), then what he has been in the last 20 years in the comics.

Yeah as was Magneto but no one involved with X-Men 3 really had anything to do with that casting as it was done years earlier.

Considering most superhero movies have competent to mediocre directing, X-Men 3 stood out for its total incompetence.

I like the idea of an X-franchise myself - but TV is the natural home. In fact, isn't that what Heroes tried to be, before disappearing up its own...

:p

Mutant of the week, overarching villain, maybe one or two recurring characters, hints of the Xavier academy as anything from a paradise to a boot camp... It can't be that hard, surely?

Jumping from experienced assassin (Deadpool) to bounty hunter (Domino) to wtf's happening (Kitty Pryde) to this is kinda cool oh no I just killed someone! (Pyro) and so on. All the while, Reverend Stryker or Senator Kelly or whoever is in the background while Emma Frost and Prof. X and Magneto are all sending out very different messages about what it means to be a mutant...

HBO, get on it!

OMG ok i know this does not qualify as a movie but the old spiderman TV series sucked big time. This was a 70's TV series before the days of cgi so they used what looked like a net for his spider web when he shot it out. Guess thats why it only lasted through like 7 shows lol.

I like the idea of an X-franchise myself - but TV is the natural home. In fact, isn't that what Heroes tried to be, before disappearing up its own...

:p

Mutant of the week, overarching villain, maybe one or two recurring characters, hints of the Xavier academy as anything from a paradise to a boot camp... It can't be that hard, surely?

Jumping from experienced assassin (Deadpool) to bounty hunter (Domino) to wtf's happening (Kitty Pryde) to this is kinda cool oh no I just killed someone! (Pyro) and so on. All the while, Reverend Stryker or Senator Kelly or whoever is in the background while Emma Frost and Prof. X and Magneto are all sending out very different messages about what it means to be a mutant...

HBO, get on it!

I think it'd work better if they started with a foundation like a basic roster and bring in a newbie like Shadowcat to get to know everyone and then develop it in new directions: don't be afraid to kill off characters or pair up characters that haven't been paired up before (I could swear Claremont hinted at a Storm/Wolverine relationship before every other writer forgot about it), basically run it as a sci-fi soap opera with super powers similar to True Blood or god forbid, Smallville. Only have a definite plan for where the series is going. Also don't back-off from doing modern versions of the sci-fi stuff: The Brood and the Shi'ar and the Phoenix are some of the best stuff from the classic X-Men books, and the movies lost something for trying so hard to avoid it.

Superman 4 was so horrible it pains me to think that was the last time Christopher Reeve was Superman and Superman 3 wasn't much better. I liked Daredevil and I thought the first Fantastic Four movie was decent.

I am wanting to pick up the Hulk movie with Ed Norton in it but I always seem to find something else to rent. Is it worth watching?

After each I'm left wondering why Death must create mortal Rube Goldberg machines in order to kill people. Wouldn't it make more sense if it was "oh, you were suppossed to die there... so... BOOM! Heart attack!"

LOL! I have thought the same thing when watching the first two. I guess we're supposed to believe if you cheat death once that death will come back and be a real jack@ss about how you die?

"Well he was supposed to die in a plane crash but since he didn't, how about I have him accidentally hang himself in the shower by using an elaborate series of random events?"

Yes that movie had me so lost.

Haven't seen it since it was freshly out on video. Memory may be fuzzy with age and allergies but I seem to remember it being a message movie about the lab conditions for test animals. That and I also want to say the chimp's name was Willie.

But you know, as message movies go, this one wasn't near as bad as the steaming pile of bovine excrement that was Amazing Grace and Chuck. That movie is probably where I started turned on message flicks. I don't know I could think of too many movies that would stand between it and The Medusa Touch on my worst ever list.

I'm seeing a lot of comments that express hate for a film, but with 'refuse to watch it' or 'never seen it' in the same sentence. I mean, really?

But yeah Daredevil was an abortion, I've wanted Ben Affleck's head on a f'n plate since I saw that. Plus what has got to be a career worst from Colin Farrell. The direction, the fight coreography, Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin (KINGPIN IS WHITE!!!) ...the whole thing. Awful.

X-3 ...yeah it wasn't good. The first thing I hated was how awesome Nightcrawler was in 2 (that opening scene, hell yes), and then he's just gone and not mentioned. The thing that would make me not put it on a worst list is the strength of the cast, who do put in good performances. Except Vinnie Jones. Whose idea was that?

I'm seeing a lot of comments that express hate for a film, but with 'refuse to watch it' or 'never seen it' in the same sentence. I mean, really?

But yeah Daredevil was an abortion, I've wanted Ben Affleck's head on a f'n plate since I saw that. Plus what has got to be a career worst from Colin Farrell. The direction, the fight coreography, Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin (KINGPIN IS WHITE!!!) ...the whole thing. Awful.

X-3 ...yeah it wasn't good. The first thing I hated was how awesome Nightcrawler was in 2 (that opening scene, hell yes), and then he's just gone and not mentioned. The thing that would make me not put it on a worst list is the strength of the cast, who do put in good performances. Except Vinnie Jones. Whose idea was that?

Whaaaaaa???

I thought he was mostly amusing as the Juggernaut.

I loved Colin Farrell's Bullseye. Awesomely ridiculous. I also didn't mind Affleck's Daredevil, but then at the time I was an oddly big Affleck-mark. I've gotten over that now, and last time I watched the film it was a let down.

Just got back from Clash of the Titans 3D. I'm hesitant to suggest it as a "worst ever" but it was pretty poor. I mainly went to see it because I like swords and have never seen a 3D movie before, but the 3D was hardly awe-inspiring and the story wasn't compelling enough to distract me from critiquing the effects. Plus I really don't see the appeal of Gemma Arterton. I want to hit her in the face.

I'd love an X-Men tv show. I liked that recent cartoon series (Evolutions?) I even liked Mutant X. A real live action X-Men show that takes it's time and develops characters (Cyclops!!!) would be right up my alley.

I'm going to chime in with a film that probably isn't one of the worst by definition, but that infuriated the hell out of me and produced an ending so cheap, I wanted to put my fist through my TV... The Mist (or Stephen King's The Mist).

(spoilers below btw)

I should have like it, but I hated it. It was so cheaply scripted. Non-stop 'ironic' incidents at every turn. Get some drugs from the pharmacy next door for one badly injured guy, about 4 people die, get the drugs and the first guy has died anyway. The soliders committing suicide (oh how useless they are without leadership) - cheap. The girlfriend of the other solider dying about 2 minutes after they'd established a relationship - cheap. The first third of the film is spent establishing the depth of the relationship between Thomas Jane and his neighbour and is completely wasted by just having the latter walk out of the mall and ambigiously 'die' off stage. Mrs. Carmody goes from slight religious bigot to raving evil cult leader in the space of about 2 nights as if someone flicked an 'evil' switch... even more unbelievable is how nearly all the extras end up believing her without question. I get that it's being sold as 'siege mentality', but that doesn't mean there should be a complete logic-bypass.

And the ending... ugh. Nihilistic dribble. That's the only way I can describe it. Jane's character goes completely out of character and shoots the other survivors (oh but there are only 4 bullets for 5 people so he can't shoot himself, gee whizz) just because the car runs out of petrol and there's some distant thumping which could be a random mist-monster. Syphon petrol from one of the many nearby cars perhaps? No, lets give up and kill everyone. Kill everyone in case they die. So after putting a bullet through the head of his son and possible new wife/love intrest, Jane discovers that the noise is actually the US military clearing the mist with flamethrowers and saving the day... less than a minute after killing his car party and only child. Not enough of a cheap twist? Lets throw in the annoying woman right at the start of the movie who just left the store and walked into the mist to get back to her kids at home... there she is, riding the army truck, no one wanted to help her but she inexplicably survived... the end. Utterly infuriating (and apparently not the ending in the book).

No it gets exactly the hate it deserves. Not a single scene in that film makes any sense.

For what it's worth, I thought the credits were well-structured.

No you're right, X-Men 3 is frustrating on many levels. Just an excuse to cram as many characters in as possible with no rhyme or reason, papered over by a poor plot than culminates in a completely uninpired final battle.

Actually speaking of Thomas Jane - I didn't actually think the first Punisher movie was that bad. It did pretty much what it said on the tin, if fairly brainlessly.

I usually find something interesting in a movie otherwise its off 15 minutes after it starts but a couple off the top of my head that are trash

Night at the Roxbury and Semi-Pro.

Not saying it was a good movie, but I definitely laughed out loud during Semi-Pro...at least, during the first half. I don't know, something about a man yelling "Everyone can eat ****! A big bag of ****!" out of happiness is funny to me.

Archived