What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick watcher game update - June 2024

- In sad news, the Dark Destroyer, Steve Frehley passed away at 40 in May 2024. At the time, he was one of USPW's main eventers. :( Other than Frehley and Larry Vessey, no notable worker deaths in 2024.

- SWF has regained its mojo after two ill-fated stints with Jerry Eisen, then Paul Huntingdon as booker. That said, Supreme's still behind USPW and TCW, but at least things are looking up once again, thanks to this man joining as head booker.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/JimForce.jpg

THE WORLD SHALL FEEL THE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORCE! BUY SWF'S MERCHANDISE!

Non diary SWF game, currently April 2013 heading into the Supreme Challenge 33 (I juggled the schedule around a bit).

SWF World Heavyweight Championship

Remo © vs Jack Bruce

Bruce has unfortunately just started time decline but he's the most over member of my roster by far (97 overness in the USA, Canada and Mexico) so I'm going to give him one more run before he puts over Rocky Golden (who debuts at the next Supreme TV) as my top heel in a few months. Remo has been a solid champion but his gimmick is getting stale so I might have him float around the upper midcard getting babyfaces over before a face turn and another title run.

Supreme Lockdown Match (Hell In A Cell)

Christian Faith vs Marat Khoklov

Marat's contract expires ten days after SC 33 so he's here to put Faith over on his way out. For the past six weeks, Faith has been plagued by mysterious videos, voices and music. After being assaulted by Marat at the last PPV, he is sure the Russian giant is coming after him and therefore has requested a match against the man who beat him to within an inch of his life in 2010 (I ran this storyine in TEW 2010). Faith never got to avenge this defeat as he never got a rematch, but now he is looking to put Khoklov down once and for all. During his SWF tenure, Marat has only been pinned once, by Jack Bruce in a No DQ match, and it definitely wasn't clean, so he is definitely coming into this match as an unstoppable monster. Faith will overcome the odds here in a brutal match, but his torment is only beginning, as a debuting Rocky Golden will be revealed as the man behind the mysterious videos etc. Rocky is going to feud with Faith for a few months and will eventually go over and move onto a world title feud with Jack Bruce.

Singles Match

Brandon James vs Angry Gilmore

Both men are on the cusp of main event status and since I don't have anything major planned for either this feud may last for a long time. There isn't really much to this feud apart from the typical "I don't like you" and James and Chase generally acting like obnoxious assholes. Gilmore lost his North American title to Eisen, and since he wasn't allowed a rematch by the corrupt commissoner, he was left with nothing to do. I plan to eventually have Gilmore become my number one face (seeing as Faith and Bruce are in time decline) so he may be the one who dethrones the dominant Rocky Golden, possibly at SC 34 next year.

Last Man Standing Match (Feud Blowoff)

Rogue vs Valiant

With Jack Bruce and Christian Faith entering time decline and Frehley not delivering as a champion I have decided to groom another main event face. Valiant and Rogue reignited their feud a few months ago and Valiant is going to win the blowoff match here and start his ascension into the main event. There's still time for Rogue too, but I have never really liked Giedroyc and his contract is up in a few months so he will be depushed until I decide what to do with him.

SWF North American Championship

Eric Eisen © vs Aaron Andrews

Eisen is the SWF Storyline commissioner and made life a misery for Angry Gilmore by making him defend his title every week, stacking the deck against him and generally getting on like an obnoxious asshole. Eisen won the North American title after bribing a referee and blatantly cheating in their match at Welcome To The Jungle. After rejecting Gilmore's appeals for a rematch, Eisen started to defend the title against jobbers (and only because the SWF Board Of Directors mandated that the title must be defended at least once a month). Eisen declared he would retire with the belt and there was no one who could take it from him (at least because he was rejecting any credible challenge). However, at the beginning of April the newly debuting Aaron Andrews showed up and interrupted one of Eisen's self serving promos. Andrews said that he had been personally signed by Richard Eisen, and included in his contract was a guaranteed shot at the North American title. I want to have Andrews win but I don't think I'll be able to get him over enough in time. Eisen has that damn creative control clause and I can't see him dropping the belt so it will probably be a schmozz finish with AA looking strong. I will also have to work out a way to get Andrews another shot as I really do want to get the belt of Eisen.

Mask vs Career

Lobster Warrior vs Rich Money

Rich Money is in time decline! Nooooo! I have always kept Lobby's mask on in previous SWF games but I feel that (for me) he has finally become stale so I am going to have Rich Money take his mask here and Lobby revert back to the bad ass Chris Morrisette character he used to play and use him as a gatekeeper. With Money in time decline I may also use him as a heel gatekeeper though part of me still wants to push him.

SWF World Tag Team Championship TLC Match

The Platinum Blondes © vs Amazing Bumfholes vs C-V-2 vs Hero Squad

I love big spotfest matches! I'm hoping to have C-V-2 take a couple of crazy bumps here, they are starting to get over and are the future of my tag team division along with The Awesomeness, The Keith Boys (currently working under masks) and Shoot Club. The Bumfholes are going to win here for their final tag team championship run before splitting up and embarking on singles run. I also want to split up The Blondes and turn Prudence face as he's really starting to get over and is still improving in the ring even though he is 33.

No DQ Match (Feud Blowoff)

Vengeance vs Steve Frehley

Frehley and Vengeance have been feuding on and off since Frehley rose to the main event in SWF. After Vengeace attacked Frehley and cost him his rematch against Remo for the title the feud has really escalated. Their PPV match at Nothing To Lose ended as a double count out, so this match has been made No DQ. There will be blood. Frehley is going over here as he is over, entertaining and still quite young. Vengeace will probably move into a main event gatekeeper role. In fact, his contract is up and he is not in time decline so I may give him a special attraction contract and turn him face again.

...Why are you so hateful over a very over and perfectly fine worker which you decided to misuse to the point he wanted it out?

Geez wiz, if you want to be spiteful on the guy job him around or something, not only you have more to win that way you'll make him useless to SWF and USPW instead of outright killing him just because he didn't comfort on your crazy booking ways.

I never understood the Minnesota hate. Sure he's a bit of a pain backstage, but he's one of the best wrestlers in the world and is only 30.

I was juggling a main event packed with Tommy Cornell, Dan Stone Jr. Wolf Hawkins, Angry Gilmore, Jay Chord and Matthew Keith - whoever I asked him to lose to it was a massive issue for him and the workers mentioned all contributed better match results than he did. Couple that with his backstage attitude dragging everybody down and I decided he could spend a couple of months in my development territory working on his performance skills.

He'd kicked off three or four times and permanently came up on the home screen as having morale issues everytime he didn't win the World Title in every main event! I just got bored of pandering to his needs...

I got a better one.

"I don't care how freakin' talented you are. I run the mother(shut yo' mouth) show around here. You do what I say or I will bleed you (professionally) til there's nothing left. Shoulda asked for CC with your last contract because now, you get to compete in Texas Death Matches in the preshow of every TV show and PPV on the calendar. Assuming you survive, I'll let your contract expire and wish you well in all your future endeavors."

I don't know if anyone else has worked a job but sometimes, the boss doesn't like someone. Probably makes it worse when that person has a bad attitude. Those types of people generally find themselves having to do the crappiest things (like working a full shift when the boss takes everyone else out early for a holiday party). Or, laying down for the worker being groomed to take your spot at the top of the card.

I played TCW once during testing and Joey complained about losing to Tommy Cornell. Think about that for a second. Yeah, I think the hate is well warranted. Joey would do better in a promotion where he was the undisputed top dog (4C, MAW, PWMAX, etc).

I got a better one.

"I don't care how freakin' talented you are. I run the mother(shut yo' mouth) show around here. You do what I say or I will bleed you (professionally) til there's nothing left. Shoulda asked for CC with your last contract because now, you get to compete in Texas Death Matches in the preshow of every TV show and PPV on the calendar. Assuming you survive, I'll let your contract expire and wish you well in all your future endeavors."

I don't know if anyone else has worked a job but sometimes, the boss doesn't like someone. Probably makes it worse when that person has a bad attitude. Those types of people generally find themselves having to do the crappiest things (like working a full shift when the boss takes everyone else out early for a holiday party). Or, laying down for the worker being groomed to take your spot at the top of the card.

I played TCW once during testing and Joey complained about losing to Tommy Cornell. Think about that for a second. Yeah, I think the hate is well warranted. Joey would do better in a promotion where he was the undisputed top dog (4C, MAW, PWMAX, etc).

Amen. It's the one time in my life that I get to be the boss - I'll be damned if I'm letting some jumped up computer character mug me off and tell me how to run my business...

...I accept I may have anger and ego issues.

I got a better one.

Granted, but do it in universe! Make him bleed in universe, give him a hilarious gimmick and job him until he is in the verge and yell at his face whenever you possible can until he asks for the release.

Abuse him.

Killing him is the boring, easy way out.

In June 2013, finally having what I think will be a long term game with USPW. It was rough the first couple of months as far as match ratings go, but now I am getting B- shows with an occasional B and staying around the same popularity at Cult. I think I'll be waiting for a few big signings to get back up to National.

SWF World: Enygma, turned heel and defeated Nicky Champion in April and is now feuding with a soon to be face Tyson Baine. Both have A+ momentum. :D

SWF Television: T-Rex, won the belt off of Tribal Warrior in February and has just started his first feud with a challenger for the belt vs. Andre Jones.

SWF World Tag Team: Jurassic Shark (Killer Shark and T-Rex), beat Natural Storm in May who I was very reluctant to take the belts off because they turned out to be such great champions.

SWF Womens: Belle Bryden, beat Alicia Strong in March who had only a one month run with the belt. Currently fueding with Raven Robinson.

SWF Cruiserweight: Insane Machine, beat Darryl Devine in May who was a great champion, I don't think the belt will be on Insane Machine for much longer though.

Firings (from most recent): Charlie Thatcher, Persephone, Brock Cornish, Giant Redwood, Dusty Duncant, Peter Valentine, Krusher Karloff.

Hirings: Phillip (Enforcer) Roberts, KC Glenn, Joe Sexy, Brian Vaughan (Kip Keenan), Brooke Taylor, Killer Shark, Insane Machine, Acid, Amazing Fire Fly, Matthew Keith.

Joshua Taylor and Tracy Brendon have just gotten divorced in my TCW game. Good job I didn't start a women's division because I probably would have brought her in.

They've just divorced in my game, almost exactly a month after Taylor won his first TCW World title. I might edit an old narrative to show up about how just when his professional life is at it's peak his personal life has spiraled. Possibly change his behavior. I'm not too sure I want to fiddle with the data in this save though, I might rather just let things happen organically and see where things go.

Six months into my ACPW game, I just reached my big summer event, The Great Canadian Classic.

Grimm Quibble and Mimic just wrestled to a draw. I had been building to a potential title match with Mimic, but Mimic's Momentum seems to be slow to rise. I had Jamie Atherton ready to go as a replacement in the event that Mimic wasn't rated high enough, but CGC stole him a day after my May event :mad:.

The loss of Atherton was fairly big, as so far he was the only person on the roster who had Great chemistry with an opponent (Jay Becker), he was in the midst of my most successful feud (taking on Jayson van Pelt), and his momentum was sky rocketing.

Sky King and El Diablo are in a feud built around the idea of respect, which worked out well after I discovered they had Great tag team chemistry. So I've put them in a tag team together (The Sky Devils), and built both their moment up through tag team matches, leading to Sky King finally challenging El Diablo to a friendly rematch at the Great Canadian Classic. I got a 44 match out of the two of them, my best match to date ACPW.

In world news, Findlay O'Farraday opened PWMax :rolleyes:, Alex DeColt chose not to renew Hot Stuff Marie's contract :eek:, and Sam Strong announced his retirement from the business on the exact same day that Micky Starr passed away :(.

In technically spoilers that everyone saw coming, Jeremy Stone is totally going to take number 1 in my diary. SWF have the easier run to International, sure, but if the show trends continue, they are going to get roflstomped. Hard.

Well, as is USPW and TCW, in fact.

And speaking of USPW...well, that I'm actually not spoiling, but everyone will be happy.

EVERYONE.

Rosa mendez and scott stanford have started dating.

Also, as TNA I've managed to sign Kane after WWE let his contract expire. He's only willing to work pay per views but I'm sure he'll be worth the investment. Even if only to get one of my pet projects in the midcard over.

Something interesting (and totally random) happened in my game. I run SWF (i know, very predictable) and i wanted to have more trades with the women promotions (i added a Women's division).

I created an alliance with both AAA and Queens and initiated a trade. I made a mistake though and instead of paying 25k for Melody, i brought in the AAA owner (Stardust). Apparently she is a total bitch and while working as a Road agent, she got into a bust up with my current womens champion Alisia strong (i got her from USPW).

I got pissed off and sacked Stardust, she ended up hating me for that and ended up declaring war :eek:

The funny thing is that i did not mean to sign her in the first place and i did not even know she was the owner. :p

I am about to introduce tag titles in my dynasty game, and for the initial set up it will be an 8 tag team tournament over 2 shows. The big thing will be, since my company is part of the COTT, that in addition to my teams, there will be the current tag team champions from NYCW,4C,MAW and OLLIE all in it as well.

As NYCW I've actually taken to spending some cash for my big December show to have a thirty man battle royale that features wrestlers from the entire alliance. I threw a tournament title on the line and wound up letting Joel Bryant win the first version of it.

If anyone plans on doing something like that, I recommend creating a new match and making sure that it doesn't go over the one hour mark. Those guys on loan always think that I'm going to have them in the ring the entire time.

The only problem with this game now is that I'll be out of the alliance before too long. I'll be running at least four shows a month in the home region to hit the next spillover. Then, it's time to move up to Cult and find a TV Network. I worry that negotiations with East Coast Today will not run so smoothly. Then again, I should have another option by that time.

I also don't plan on having my UC Joey Minnesota dropping the title for another year or two.

As NYCW I've actually taken to spending some cash for my big December show to have a thirty man battle royale that features wrestlers from the entire alliance. I threw a tournament title on the line and wound up letting Joel Bryant win the first version of it.

If anyone plans on doing something like that, I recommend creating a new match and making sure that it doesn't go over the one hour mark. Those guys on loan always think that I'm going to have them in the ring the entire time.

The only problem with this game now is that I'll be out of the alliance before too long. I'll be running at least four shows a month in the home region to hit the next spillover. Then, it's time to move up to Cult and find a TV Network. I worry that negotiations with East Coast Today will not run so smoothly. Then again, I should have another option by that time.

I also don't plan on having my UC Joey Minnesota dropping the title for another year or two.

I did something similar with my NYCW game, I created an event and used the alliance loans to bring in some of their champions, and had them face each other. I had the FCW Tag Champs take on my tag champs, the MAW World Champ take on my world champ etc....If I recall the show got a C or C+ rating.

It's June 2018 and World Championship Wrestling has been born. Mid Atlantic Wrestling is nothing but an afterthought and the COTT is left without its most profitable promotion. The rise to Cult was a success due to the 'maximum size' feature. We were able to build popularity and importance in four major territories by running monthly events and also running our weekly TV show. I was able to build these territories up so that we could make the jump directly when I changed our 'maximum size'. We were able to extend our Monday night show on The Pop! Network because we were in our final season with National Pride TV.

From there we were able to get a deal with American Option to run our monthly events as PPVs. I couldn't resist signing my top workers to written deals - American Patriot, Ernest Youngman, Darryl Devine, C-V-2, and Steven Parker to name a few.These written deals are steals on some of these workers. I'd pay out more if they were on PPA because I use most of them for every TV show and monthly event. Five appearances multiplied by whatever their wage is can end up being more then what they'd accept as a written deal (I saved over $1k/mo on Youngman by doing this).

TCW and SWF are at National and had been at Cult with USPW all of 2017. Every company in the US was in the dumps besides MAW. Some notable workers who can be signed if I wanted to splurge our cash: Khoklov and Vengeance (both want over $20k/mo which is double what I'm currently paying a top worker). I'm not sure I want to send the message to the locker room (whom most have stuck with me since the beginning) that these guys are 1000x better and are worth that much more. Both are also towards the end of their careers and won't be able to do much more then deliver a big name. A lot of money for what I consider a small reward.

We're about to run the first ever MAW/WCW PPV in history. WCW Fan Festival will be the biggest in MAW/WCW history as well. Over 15,000 people expected (Mid Atlantic) which will be our biggest sell out crowd ever. Matthew Keith © vs. Spencer Spade for the newly christened WCW World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match is the headliner. I think the last half of 2018 will see a lot of growth. We'll eventually move onto a bigger TV network and PPV carrier by the end of this year.

I don't know what I did other than a few encouraging speeches, but I've successfully converted Aaron Andrews from being a negative influence. With that taken care of, my only negative influence left is Clark Alexander, who I'm pretty sure just has low morale because I job his time declining ass out to farm out overness and performance skills. Now, my morale is comfortably in the 80s, and I'm loving it!

In a watcher game in February 2018, Nemesis was removed as head booker of IPW. He was replaced by Ash Campbell.

Wait a-*spits all over screen and can't breathe*

In breaking news, I mixed up Jeremy Stone and Alex DeColt in my diary and accidentally made a snide remark at Steve as Jeremy. Which...well, while amusing, perhaps, would have made no sense whatsoever. I fixed it.

In other news, WEXXV is probably going to not make it to 2014. Unless I finagle an alliance with TCW that allows us to share our profits (or, for that matter, if Tommy sends workers and money in trades). Given that I am Tommy Cornell, odds are I'm not going to do that.

Then again, I'm rather annoyed by the CONSTANT ****ING SPAMMING OF THE TRADE REQUESTS DAMMIT WEXXV I'M THIS CLOSE TO DECLARING WAR!

But they don't know that. Well...they don't know that yet.

Waiting on the fallout of my first two dirty tricks as Richard, as well.

And waiting for WEXXV to actually schedule a show, you idiots.

And and waiting for NOTBPW's roster to increase so I can send more people to development. Including...I think all but two of my women?

INCLUDING LAUREN EASTER. How the **** can she still improve? And Melody...Kristable "I have no psychology" Plum can't?

And, also, trying to figure out a way to shrink CGC's roster because Alex likes a tight ship yet has as many workers as SWF.

And...I believe RAW is coming up, which will require me to remember storylines. Which wil be soooo easy and all :rolleyes:

And Jeff Nova needs to mend a relationship with Eisen; perhaps Non-Aggression?

My SWF game is currently in June 2013 just before 'Welcome to the Jungle'. Champion Rich Money defended his belt against Johnny Valiant at Master of Puppets by blatantly cheating, but Richard Eisen (user character) ordered a rematch because of the tainted nature of the pinfall victory to be held in a steel cage (cage escape only).

Eric Eisen has been plotting to get his father removed from power and has used his ability to hire workers to (kayfabe-) sign Joey Minnesota, Rocky Golden and Troy Tornado from TCW. They're his allies, for now, in an attempt to seize the reigns over the SWF for Eric Eisen - Jack Bruce, Christian Faith, Remo and another TCW signing, Eddie Peak, stand against them. They'll all meet in the Battle Royal to crown a new top contender for the World Heavyweight title for the main event of Supreme Challenge.

John Greed formed the 'Church of Greed' a few months back with the two 'lead-monsters' Vengeance and Marat Khoklov who were joined by young up and comers Dominus Nox (Scythe) and Bulldog (Primus) Allen. The stable is falling apart however, a tag team loss for Vengeance and Khoklov against Bruce and Remo has sparked dissent between Khoklov and Vengeance and on Supreme TV just before 'Welcome to the Jungle' the two big men started brawling, with Greed, Nox and Allen unable to keep the fragile alliance together.

Des Davids has been running strong with the reactivated Shooting Star title, taking on all comers - Paul Huntingdon and his former tag team partner now Chase Agency client Mean (American) Machine. Emma's trump card to finally get the title off of him is Marc DuBois, who Davids is taking on at 'Welcome to the Jungle'.

More Chase Agency shenanigans: Rogue took the North American title from Angry Gilmore after Brandon James got involved in the finish. Meanwhile, Gilmore has begun to mentor young Swoop McCarthy (plays Gilmore's biggest fan) on screen, who the Chase Agency had been targeting prior to Rogue 'stealing' the title. Gilmore and McCarthy are now doing everything they can to interrupt and disturb the Chase Agency whenever they can, which brings them on a collision course with Brandon James...

Shock and Awe (The Awesomeness originally) are World Tag Team champions and have been taking on all comers, but the way the tag team division has progressed, several tag teams have emerged to challenge for the titles - the Amazing Barretts (Bumfholes), Dark Souls (Dark Angel and Soul Taker) and finally The Legacy, brothers Matt and Greg Keith. There have been all sorts of matches between all eight men so far and at 'Welcome to the Jungle' they'll meet in a four team match for the championship.

Steve Frehley has been running amok ever since losing the World title - his heel turn shocked the SWF universe and he is an unstable loose cannon, his unpredictable outbursts of violence overwhelming the whole Superhero Alliance (Lobby, Jungle Lord and Captain Atomic) who stood against the 'villain' but finally couldn't topple the maniac. Now, an unlikely opponent emerges for Frehley - similarly unstable Eddie Peak, and they're on a collision course in what has the makings for one of the most violent and bloody feuds in SWF history.

That's my main storylines in a nutshell - there's some intertwining stuff with support characters but that's a rundown for another day ^^. Got to say, this is a really fun game and I think it'll be with me until the next TEW game.

Archived