What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here's the second PPV card I ran for NOTBPW non diary game- If it wasn't for my commitment to seeing things through for my DIASPORA (Thunderverse) diary- this probably would have made for a pretty good diary game- Then again if it were a diary game, knowing me (and knowing my biggest fan- you know who they are;)) I probably would have gone with something Japanese....

Anyway here we go with Clash Classic

Pre-Show: Lord James King vs Mark Griffin

(King won relatively easily by pinfall in around 7 minutes)

Pre-Show: Women's 4-way: Kinuye Musashibo vs Kristabel Plum vs Sally Anne Christianson vs Tamara McFly

(McFly won in around 8 minutes, after pinning Musashibo).

PPV

The usual hype video- I always do this as my two main events, in this case involving, McFly, Bloodstone, DeColt & Duane Stone (A)

* Opening 3-way: Derek Frost vs Erik Strong vs Greg Black

(Black won in around 10 minutes, after pinning Frost)- C

These three are involved in the T.V Title chase (which is being exclusively defended on T.V)- New signing Black (who I'm looking to gradually elevate towards the uppercard) took champion Tim Westybrook to a 15 minute time limit draw on T.V. Black has come in as an arrogant heel, and his first action in NOTBPW was to attack Westybrook- after the Iron Man had made a succesful defence against Harrison Hash.

* Tag Team Championship: Iron Might (Tim Westybrook & Mighty Cavanagh) vs Can-Am Blondes (Owen Love & The Natural)

(Iron Might retain the titles in around 12 minutes, after Westybrook pinned Love) C+

Talking of Westybrook he continues to hold two belts for now, as Iron Might make a succesful first defence.

Post Match the Can-Am Blondes argue with each other over their failure to win the belts.

Right now I'm torn on whether or not to split the Blondes, in order to inject some new life into the ranks of the singles upper-card, or keep them together- because as a team their tag experience can bring out some great tag matches.

* R.K Hayes vs Canadian Dragon

(Hayes pinned Dragon, after a semi-squash in around 8 minutes) D+

Dragon completed a luke-warm received face turn on the previous show, when he saved Flash (another recent turnee) from a post match beat-down at the hands of Hayes. Basically I'm pushing the Business stable as midcard bullies.

* Women's Championship: Lauren Easter vs Fuyuko Higa

(Lauren Easter retained in around 12 minutes, via pinfall) C

Higa is this month's 'guest star'- brought in via an alliance loan with 5SSW. I say guest star, as she has zero overness- but luckily for me NOTBPW is a performance based fed.

* Tag Contenders 3-way: The Business (Omar Brown & Harlem Haynes) vs The Fighting Irish (Jason O'Connor & Robbie McNamara) vs The Aces (Jared Johnson & Julian Watson) C

(The Business won in around 10 minutes when Brown pinned Johnson).

This is blatantly one of those give some midcarders something to do matches- by winning The Business will get a title shot- It'll be on free T.V with little fanfare.

* Midcard Grudge Match: Harrison Hash vs John Maverick

(Harrison Hash defeated Maverick in around 11 minutes via a flash pin). C

This feud kicked off when Hash defeated Maverick in much the same manner on Championship wrestling- then saw Maverick who is going through a 'losing streak' attack Hash post match. No attack this time round, but this feud isn't over.

* Main Event Grudge Match: Steve DeColt vs Duane Stone

(De-Colt won in around 21 minutes via pinfall) B+

Duane challenged DeColt to a match, after DeColt was running his mouth about putting Dan Stone Jr out of action for good- following his post match assault at the end of their Falls County Anywhere match at Big City Brawl.

Post Match De-Colt is about to deliver another post-match assault to a Stone- when who should appear to save his brother but Dan Stone Jr! - Who apparently isn' dead after all (B+)

De-Colt and Dan Stone Jr then continue to go at it with a brawl into the crowd, and then out into the street- These two clearly hate each other. (A).

* NOTBPW Championship Match (must win via submission): Sean McFly vs Johnny Bloodstone

(Sean McFly made Bloodstone tap out after around 35 minutes)-A

Though Bloodstone failed at Big City Brawl to win the title, he managed to goad McFly into defending the belt against him again, in a match that apparently played to his strengths a submission match. In the build to the title match- Bloodstone twice made McFly tap out during a couple of main event tag matches on Championship Wrestling.

Post match McFly is celebrating, when he is blindsided and then beaten down by R.K Hayes (B+)

This instantly sets up the next challenger for McFly. Next PPV is the Ed Henson Cup- even though I plan to have Hayes have his shot on the PPV, as the weakest link in NOTBPW's uppercard he won't be getting his shot in the main event itself.

In my NYCW game, Steve Flash went ahead and opened up Lethal Ring as the first new company of the game in May 2013. He still works my Main Event for now, but I think he's close to retirement.

In his L Ring league he's pushed himself under the Clean Cut gimmick too, essentially the polar opposite of what I've been pushing him as. Who knows, maybe he just wanted to play the hero for once. :D

I'm running a game with Texas Wrestling League and my user character is Jack DeColt. The back story being that there is turmoil in CGC and since George DeColt was the first TWL champion, Jack decides to bring them back. The primary feud in the first two years was Jack vs Matthew Keith which ended with Keith finally beating Jack for the TWL title.

I managed to get a working agreement with NOTBPW and finally pulled the trigger to bring in Steve DeColt for the final 5 cards of 2014, with his last appearance to be at December's Star Wars show. He spent the first 3 events tagging with Jack including getting a win over the legendary Team Toronto. This was all to build to the final two cards where Steve/Jack would face off with Keith/Gauge and then Steve would face my champion Chance Fortune at Star Wars. However, it didn't work out the way I hoped.

The card before the DeColt/Keith battle I teamed Keith and Gauge together for the first time and of course they had lousy chemistry. I almost nixed my plans going with Steve vs Keith or giving Keith a different tag partner. For that spot Jay Chord was available. (TCW fell to colt, re-signed PPA, CZCW signed him, and I'm a member of the COTT so I could get him on loan). I didn't like the singles match since I'd been building to the tag. I could do an injury angle to sub in Chord but he was too over and so the loss would have hurt Keith's overness. And a Keith/Chord win would hurt the momentum of Steve riding the winning streak into the title match. So in the end I went ahead with the original plan, and despite the chemistry hit it was a pretty good match.

Now one problem with bringing in Steve is that because he was working NOTBPW too I got e-mails a few times that he needed a break. I should have heeded this warning and made the match a triple threat, throwing in Keith or Gauge. Instead the Fortune/Steve DeColt match bombed because DeColt was too worn out. (Plus Fortune has been a less than stellar champion, though in fairness my top guys Keith/Gauge/Jack have all been busy during his run so he hasn't faced any of them.)

My original plan was to bring Steve back in a few months and have him win the belt, but since NOTBPW will only give me 5 cards, that seems a little short for a run. Plus I'm not sure if he can carry the company working for both.

So I'm either in 2017 or 2018 of a CVerse game...I basically gave up on Nation of Filth Wrestling, leaving Grunt to run it however he chooses.

Anyway, I took over a promotion that I imported and renamed when another fed went bankrupt...so in any event, I'm now running as the booker of "Murder City Wrestling", as Brother Grimm...we have a terrible backstage morale issue. Last show it was something like 38%...

Anyway, here's the real reason I came into the thread...

Two HUGE developments in the CVerse world.

1) Remo Richardson signs with SOTBW

- I'm almost surprised, but SWF keeps falling back to cult. I think I'm more surprised that he didn't jump ship to TCW instead.

2) CGC goes bankrupt!

- This one was the most shocking development...and I have no idea where a lot of these guys will end up. Alex DeColt, however, took over ownership of a 0/0/0/$5mil promotion I imported and edited out of the CGC mold that I named "Northern Combat Alliance."

...there was also a 3rd interesting development

3) Elemental IV opens Tier 1 wrestling

- this was NOT one of my imports (as a result there are 56 active promotions.) The only reason I found this odd, Elemental IV is only like 22. Clearly he's going to be a special guy...as this promotion opened around either Cult or Regional and as a touring company.

So for fun I'm thinking of shaking up the c verse.

Sean McFly becomes head booker of TCW.

SWF brings Sam Strong on as head booker.

Joey Minnesota buys USPW.

To me that might make a fun game to play.

Backstory:

Sean and Victoria split up but remain married. Cornell and Bryant meet to discuss this and Joel says give him whatever he wants to bring him here. Sean wants to try his hand as head booker. Joel gives Tommy and Sean his blessing.

1st night of December 2012 Joey Minnesota shows up late. McFly then has Joey issue an open challenge for the main event. McFly debuts to shock the crowd as the man who answers it. He wins relatively easy over Minnesota. This pisses Joey off so he begins to think of how to get out of TCW.

SWF can't sit back while their rival gains momentum. To appeal to their fan base they work out a way to bring in Sam Strong as head booker and give him a lot of money. Strong puts USPW up for sale. Strong debuts in week 2.

Joey buys USPW in week 3 of December and promises Sam that Nicky Champion and Alicia Strong will be taken care of. Joey makes himself the top heel of the promotion. No promises are made about Peter Valentine or Bruce the Giant though.

All of this could happen in December leading up to 2013. Oh and for the heck of it Jack Bruce lets Richard Eisen know he is planning on a sex change. ;)

Jack Bruce plans on being Jacklyn Bruce by the end of 2013. If he doesn't get a new contract and a womens division then he will leave for AAA or some other womens promotion.

Mid Atlantic Wrestling has taken some crazy turns. It's June 2016 and we're about to run our very first TV show on National Pride TV. By April 2016 we had enough popularity to begin negotiations but we couldn't until May. We have a C (59) in the Mid Atlantic region, D- (36) in the Great Lakes, and E+ (35) in the South East (some spillover into Tri State, Puerto Rico and Ontario but 0 everywhere else). We have $1.7 million in the bank due to the 'consortium alliance' I added to the COTT. ACPW, CILL, and FCW have all joined the COTT. All original members still exist.

Sam Keith died in May 2014 and Matthew Keith took over instantly. Matt's been the MAW Champion since December 2013. Two and a half years with 54 title defences. His promo's are awesome too. Nobody comes close to dethroning him. I haven't even gave a thought to having him lose. He's been the ultimate face since joining the company in late 2013. Every heel challenger he's gotten past. I'm in the process of building up a heel who I think could give him a run for his money. And the fact we have TV to build people up now? I couldn't be more thrilled.

I ran about 10 shows in the Great Lakes and South East at 'small' and 6 more at 'medium'. I didn't start running shows in those territories until my spillover was at 18 popularity in each. The COTT still blocks members from running shows in other members territories, which is how I've been able to get away with running shows in the Great Lakes and South East (no promotions there). It's been a tough three and a half years getting MAW to this point. I somewhat want to stop and enjoy it but I know we have to keep on going! :p

I know I'll eventually need to move our 'maximum size' up from regional and we'll need to break away from the COTT (or when we get kicked out?). I'm just not sure when that'll happen.

http://i.imgur.com/15EQz.png

What is not shown:

(Dark) Jay Chord won a 20 man Battle Royal (78)

1. Aaron Andrews successfully defends his International title vs Freddy Huggins (78)

2. Eddie Peak defeated Troy Tornado (77)

3. Hawkins cut a promo hyping the Main Event (85)

Rating was boosted by extras plus a psycho sermon meant everyone was on their game.

I had initially had Vessey vs Taylor with Taylor going over but Vessey got hurt week 3 of May in a dark match, so I decided to debut Phil "Enforcer" Roberts as his ally and he took his place (and loss). This should allow me to build Taylor for another month before he goes over Vessey, their story is based on a mentor/student relationship they had when Taylor was starting in PGHW while Vessey was headlining.

I had Bach screw RDJ out of a #1 contendership a few months back during his feud with Vessey and he debuted Steven Parker and Matthew Keith and RDJ defeated both of them in the previous two PPVs, including a handicap match on the go home edition of Total Wrestling

Buddy Garner beat the crap out of Fonzareli after he stepped up because of Garner demolishing the midcard for months.

I just signed Jack Bruce so I'm thinking my next top feuds will be Golden vs Bach for the World title, Wolf vs Joey Minnesota, and Cornell vs Jack Bruce. I have to keep Tommy occupied for a month before Bruce can work so he will likely stay feuding with Golden while Bach creeps in.

Really enjoyed reading some of these - especially Tigerkinney's take on NOTBPW.

I'm getting into my first proper game of 2013 with CZCW. Changed the schedule to 2 monthly shows, along with 4 'major' annual events - Reach for the Sky in March, Welcome to the Coastal Zone staying as the flagship in May, Battle at the Beach becoming the main summer show in August, and Showdown at Sundown staying in November. The idea is that each of these shows has a special element to it.

As I always like having quite large rosters, I made quite a few signings right at the start of the game, with the main ones being Fumihiro Ota, Insane Machine and American Elemental. I also retired the Xtreme title, focusing on one singles belt plus the tag belts, with a ranking system for each division.

I moved the main belt from Mikey James to Fox Mask in January already as Fox got major momentum after the first show. The tag belts also switched from Going Coastal to Shoot Club.

In February, the Reach for the Sky show featured the top 7 wrestlers in CZCW (Fox Mask, Mikey James, Donnie J, Fumihiro Ota, Masked Cougar, Remmy Skye and American Elemental) plus one guest (NYCW's Steve Flash) in 4 singles matches, with the winners going into the main event 4-way ladder match to crown the 'Lord of the Skies'. Remmy Skye won it, beating Mikey James, Masked Cougar and champion Fox Mask in the 4-way. This show was Donnie J's farewell appearance as he had signed with TCW, as had Frankie Perez, who unfortunately left the day earlier.

In March, Skye beat Fox Mask in a title bout to make Fox's reign a short one. Having flip-flopped the titles more than I am used to, I am now letting Skye run with it for a while. He retained in a rematch with Fox in April, whilst Mikey James won a 4-way ranking match to put him in contention.

That brings us up to early May and 'Welcome to the Coastal Zone'. My idea for this show is to 'welcome' one of the other Alliance promotions to the Zone with a series of 3 matches (2 singles and a tag) between our guys and theirs. I'd invited PSW to the alliance and they provided the opposition. Fumihiro Ota (CZCW) beat Grandmaster Phunk (PSW) in the first bout. Greg Black (PSW) beat Air Attack Weasel (CZCW) in the second to even up the scores. In the decider, American Elemental & Insane Machine (CZCW) beat Steven Parker and Matthew Keith (PSW) to give CZCW the win. And before you say it - Weasel is actually high up the CZCW rankings right now!!

Also on 'Welcome to the Coastal Zone', the final placings in my new 'Elite Eight' singles rankings went to Brendan Idol and Dragon del Arco Iris Jr; Shoot Club lost the tag belts to Rich & Famous - Coleman has bad morale from some issues, so I don't want him holding the belts in case he departs; and in the main event, Remmy Skye retained in a 3-way dance with Fox Mask and Mikey James. Fox ate the pin, putting him out of contention now and at the bottom of the Elite Eight rankings, whilst James will get the next one-on-one title match with Skye. The show was the first to hit a B- (71).

And that's where I'm up to! And no - before anyone asks - I'm too busy to be thinking about doing a diary right now! :p

In my GCG game I turned a lousy locker room into a positive one. It went as low as 43% do to incidents and crap like that, so I developed a fear image and hired the right people. Now it is up to 91%!

BTW, I fired Dean Daniels, Nathan Coleman, Burning EXILE and someone else I can't remember on the spot for constant trouble. Now they fear me and behave. I had EXILE on talent trade, fired him and now he hates my guts. Dean Daniels dislikes me. Nathan Coleman doesnt for whatever reason. Two weeks after I fired Daniels he takes over USPW.

North Of The Border Pro Wrestling

January-April

I just hit the first day of May of 2013 and I have held 28 shows, here is what has happened in the game from the beginning of January to the end of April 2013.

Sean McFly is still the NOTBPW World Champion (I renamed the Canadian Championship to the World Championship) he has made four defenses of the title since the game began.

Erik Strong is the NOTBPW Television Champion after defeating Tim Westybrook for the title at the January week 3 edition of Championship Wrestling. Tim Westybrook only made one successful defense of the title since the game began prior to losing it.

The Aces (Julian Watson and Jared Johnson) are the NOTBPW World Tag Team Champions they have made four defenses of the titles since the game began.

The Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup winners for 2013 were Hostile Intent (Johnny Bloodstone and Steve DeColt) having won an eight team single elimination tournament to earn the cup. They defeated Iron Might In the First round, Cali Dragons in the second round, and finally the Can-Am Blondes In the Third and final round to claim the cup.

I am not running any storylines because I don’t really need to plus with the product in NOTBPW the way it is a lot of my storylines lose heat really fast since I can’t do angles.

I was also able to get a B show in February that started airing in March of 2013. The show is called NOTBPW Championship Night.

New Signings: Matthew Keith, Steven Parker, Davis Wayne, Greg Gauge, Mikey James, Frankie Perez, Joanne Rodriguez, Selina Svelte, Emma Bitch, Greg Black

Released: Lionel Greenwood, Tim Weightman

Here is the card for the my next pay per view titled NOTBPW Grappling Glory

Duane Stone vs. Owen Love

Joanne Rodriguez vs. Lauren Easter ©

NOTBPW Women’s Championship Match

T.A.D (Matthew Keith and Steven Parker) vs. The Aces (Julian Watson and Jared Johnson) ©

NOTBPW World Tag Team Championship Match

Greg Black vs. Erik Strong ©

NOTBPW Television Championship Match

Johnny Bloodstone vs. Dan Stone Jr.

Steve DeColt vs. Sean McFly ©

CGC World Heavyweight Championship Match

Richard Eisen died (September, 2013), Jerry Eisen took over SWF and started pillaging my entire upper echelon. Started out as a small company, SWF took Keith, Cage, American Elemental, and Hernandez (held 3/5 of my belts >.>) and Hernandez and Cage were involved in my hottest storyline. I also lost Jett along the way as well.

RAGE hahaha

EDIT: Now they took Fumihiro Ota. The only main eventers I have left are handsome strange, franki perez, bradfrod peverell and clark alexander.....

So here's the second PPV card I ran for NOTBPW non diary game- If it wasn't for my commitment to seeing things through for my DIASPORA (Thunderverse) diary- this probably would have made for a pretty good diary game- Then again if it were a diary game, knowing me (and knowing my biggest fan- you know who they are;)) I probably would have gone with something Japanese....

[Miko sneezes and looks around in confusion.]

* Women's Championship: Lauren Easter vs Fuyuko Higa

(Lauren Easter retained in around 12 minutes, via pinfall) C

Higa is this month's 'guest star'- brought in via an alliance loan with 5SSW. I say guest star, as she has zero overness- but luckily for me NOTBPW is a performance based fed.

And yet despite being there as only a guest, your locker room will drop 5% and two people who were friends will end up fighting. Such is the power of Higa.

Well, Sam Strong just spent a buttload on a dev territory, so who should he send down? The Enhancement Talent, Atlas? No, he's part of a stable.

How about this Dusty Ducont character, an Opener? He looks interesting. Let's read his bio.

WHAT THE FU

In my Canada only Notbpw play through, I just took a huge gamble that worked: Booking Andrews and Chord all the way to the finals of the tag tournament, over Duane and Dan in the semi finals, before losing to Gilmore and Hawkins in the finals. The match against the Stones did poorly, but the main hit it out of the park.

In my MAW game, I'm just reaching the end of June 2012 and Findlay O'Farraday just opened Pro Wrestling Max.

Some other snippets from this game include:

- SWF let Big Smack Scott go. I'm almost tempted to add 2nd player to the game and takeover USPW so I can bring him in and make him the No.1 bad guy in the company.

- Aaron Andrews was cut from TCW. Tried to sign him but I'm still too small apparantely. NYCW got him so I could loan but I'd need him on PPA to be able to run what would be an awesome program with Vessey.

- Bryan Holmes is a free agent, but again, won't sign because I'm not big enough. A Cattley & Holmes feud would be so, so epic for MAW.

In terms of what's going on, Vessey is still champ. The first few shows were spent deciding who gets a shot at him while he defended against Midcarders/Upper Midcarders.

I had Cattley win the RCI and claim the No.1 contendership. However, Sam Keith casted doubt over his victory against Matt Keith in the final after Greg Gauge distracted Keith. So, the following month, Cattley took on M.Keith again in a losing effort. Gauge tried to cost his brother the match again but botched his run-in and cost Cattley the match.

Keith was all set to face Vessey at Super Showdown and probably win the title before going onto a blood feud which would involved Sam Keith & Greg Gauge but he suffered a herniated disc. I tried surgery which failed and he went from being injured for 11 months to being injured for a year. So, I had to scrap my plans.

So, at Super Showdown, Sam Keith announced the injury to Matt and made a 4 Way to determine a new No.1 contender. It was Findlay O'Farraday vs Mean Jean vs Greg Gauge vs Brandon Smith. Smith won and went on to face Vessey in a losing effort at Americana thanks to Casey Valentine.

With Smith being busy with Valentine, Vessey was once again left without a challenger. Sam Keith again announced a 4 Way to determine a new challenger. Once again, O'Farraday, Gauge & Cattley got their chance as well as Ernest Youngman who beat Cattley clean at Super Showdown.

And this is where I'm at. Thinking of having Youngman get the win and then go onto to beat Vessey for the title. From here, I'd probably have Youngman & Gauge feud for the title right up until Matt Keith returns. Gauge would win the title from Youngman in the month prior to Keith returning. On the month of Keith's return, Youngman would lose his re-match, probably due to some involvement from Cattley, still bitter at his loss to Youngman which he feels put him on a downward spiral. This will leave the way clear for Matt Keith & Greg Gauge to feud over the title with Sam Keith also being involved in some capacity.

I am in the year 2014 with SWF. I have signed up a lot of talent since taking over including

Dark Angel

Joshua Taylor

Johnny Bloodstone

Jim Force

Joanne Rodriguez

Kozue Kawashima

K.C Glenn

Sean McFly

Shooter Sean Deeley

Tim Westybrook

And i will be signing up Lover, Law and Bruce this month, just waiting on their contracts to expire. Also picked up Edd stone recently as well.

I revived the Dave Extreme title and added a Pure and Womens title. Joanne and Johnny Bloodstone are holding the Pure and Womens title and Remo is on the Dave title.

My main star at the moment is Rich Money. He is in a fantastic feud with Jungle Lord (great chemistry). They are having 90+ matches every month + one 99%.

McFly recently divorced, but all in all nothing major has happened.

In my game, IPW and SWF have a hostile relationship. Can't help but feel that Nemesis has something to do with that.

Someone else mentioend somewhere on here that IPW declared war on TCW. WTF? Nemesis needs to realize that its just a name and the company really isn't invincible...

Archived