What's going on in your game?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Effverse and I could not get ANYONE OVER.

Even cheating and setting my avatar wrestler to 100 over/skills, NO ONE WAS GETTING OVER.

I don't know if it was a glitch or what.

I was only three years into it and getting super bored, so Joe Boone's taking a bit of a hiatus. So i resign, sim 2 months, and everyone's getting over like crazy. What the hell?

Have you ever had a show that makes you want to punch the screen? :p

I started up a non diary game with NOTBPW, and here's what happened on my first show.....

Jared Johnson and Julian Watson have zero chemistry as tag partners- Yeah just great the tag champs don't even have any chemistry what so ever with each other. :rolleyes:

R.K Hayes vs Harrison Hash- Don't work well as opponents

T.V Title match- Tim Westybrook vs Lord James King- Oh whoopity doo these two don't work well as opponents either :rolleyes:

Steve DeColt vs Mighty Cavanagh- Fantastic, another match where the opponents have bad chemistry :rolleyes:

And here come's the real icing on the crap cake......

Main Event- Duane Stone & Sean McFly vs The Can-Am Blondes......

Duane Stone & Sean McFly have poor chemistry as tag team partners-Now that's just super, my two top babyfaces- that i'd be looking to tag together fairly often in main events can't function as a team.....

Now what do you think I did with this game ? :p

I just signed Swoop McCarthy to a 6 year deal with SWF - that's plenty of time to get him some popularity in the US (0 across the board atm) I guess. I'm aligning him in some sorta 'I got into wrestling because of you' rule with Angry Gilmore who is currently feuding (again) with Brandon James after Gilmore successfully fend off Eric Eisen.

Watcher game update - March 2018

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/WHOA.png

Look at the grade. And look who just defeated Tommy Cornell for his fourth successful TCW World Heavyweight defense. Looks like the former Groucho Bling wasn't such a lost cause after all when SWF let him go...

Watcher game update - March 2018

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/endshiftresign/TEW%202013/WHOA.png

Look at the grade. And look who just defeated Tommy Cornell for his fourth successful TCW World Heavyweight defense. Looks like the former Groucho Bling wasn't such a lost cause after all when SWF let him go...

Holy smokes. That must be a great chemistry boost on top of Greg being mega over. Why's he called Greg Wright though?

Can't believe Ino vs Taylor is pulling an 86 either.

I'm kinda getting snowed under in the writting rather than the playing, so I need to figure out a way to make that go smoother.

Not to spoil much, but I'm in danger of falling from Regional to small, but I think I'm getting a handle on my budget so I can hire some better workers to try and keep it from happening.

Holy smokes. That must be a great chemistry boost on top of Greg being mega over. Why's he called Greg Wright though?

When an AI promotion signs a new worker they tend to use one of their alter egos. With Greg Black they seem to choose his Greg Wright character most of the time for some reason.

Can't believe Ino vs Taylor is pulling an 86 either.

In my watcher (at 2028), Greg Black/Wright is one of the seven people with Excellent In-Ring Skills, so that should explain it... Also, TCW ALWAYS push Joshua Taylor, and Koshiro Ino a bit aswell, Ino usually wins the title in the first five years of a watcher game

Just ran 3 years of a watcher game. At the start of 2016. Not much movement in terms of promotions - the rankings have changed only a bit at the top. A few interesting things I've noted...

-some vets see their Consistency tank as they age. Notable ones include Christian Faith, Bryan Vessey, Brent Hill, Dan Stone Jr, Eddie Peak, Enforcer Roberts, Mito Miwa, Nobatsu Tatsuko, and even Sean McFly. Miwa, Tatsuko, and Vessey are all in the D range so they've tanked hard in that regard.

-SWF stole Nicky Champion while he was still USPW world champion and he's headlined for them, but has not yet won the SWF world title.

-Zimmy and Randy both left the SWF. The Zimster is on OLLIE on a written deal and Randy is with MPWF on the same.

-Remo is pretty much world class at this point (B+ Brawling, B+ Basics, B Psychology, B+ Consistency, and B Selling, plus B+ Microphone and B Charisma).

-Rocky Golden isn't that far off. He has B- Brawling, B+ in Basics and Psychology, A Consistency, and C Selling. His Entertainment skills are pretty good too. He's like the second coming of Christian Faith... almost...

-probably the most surprising prospect development is that of Scythe. Pretty much an ideal replacement for Vengeance.

The economy is dying in Canada so fast that my NOTBPW game is taking a big hit.

I managed to get a A* match. Steve DeColt defeated Duane Stone to defend his Canadian title and it wasn't even at a PPV.

Since then.. attendances have been dropping, my matches are getting stale due to the lack of faces in the main event and I've started shows in USA to try raise popularity there but the gate receipts aren't great.

The Keith brothers have been rescuing my lower midcard match scores. I think I'll have to spend a while jobbing out my midcarders to main eventers to get their momentum back up to A* so I can get good match scores again.

I didn't like Duane Stone in the last TEW, couldn't get him to perform and lacked chemistry with most wrestlers in my long term game but in this attempt he's got great chemistry with everyone, especially with Johnny Bloodstone and they always manage a 85+ match.

Nation of Filth Wrestling (Playing as Grunt)...currently in March or April of 2014

Still trying to find my feet, I had to "cheat" myself to stay afloat as I opened the fed at Cult and didn't have enough starpower or money to come close to breaking even...

The good news, my roster is starting to work itself out...I've got 4 regular tag teams...all created after discovering chemistry randomly, in order of experience:

Wild Irish - Jungle Jack & Findlay O'Farraday

Bad Habit - Keith Vegas & Fearless Blue

Maple Leaf Marguerita Mix - El Ladron & Tyson Kidd

Box Office Dynamite - Hollywood Brett Starr & Fro Sure

Wild Irish has held my tag belts for like 18 months, but Box Office Dynamite could definitely be a good contender...

Anyway, on the singles front...I'm trying to weigh Grunt and Man Mountain Cahill's age and experience against the talented guys trying to work their way up the card, primarily Bulldozer Brandon Smith. I tend to not choose winners and losers (I dunno, I kind of like the element of surprise?)...so anyway, over the past year each of those 3 has held the title at least 2 times. Fro Sure also took the belt from Smith a couple of times, but now that he's in a good tag team I'm expecting he'll be out of the singles scene for a little while.

With Smith holding the belt my show ratings are certainly at their best...but Cahill isn't a huge fan of losing matches...in general. I almost want to release him and just sign a younger talent...as his age is becoming a problem with him producing quality matches. I'm also giving some thought into "retiring" Grunt and moving him into a Road Agent capacity and firing Ed Monton, as I'd effectively have a "free" Road Agent. I think that'll help quite a bit, but Cahill will probably hate me for the pre-release jobbing I'll have him doing.

Anyhow...things are definitely looking up overall after tweaking some match risk settings, and I think dropping Cahill and Grunt from the active roster and adding some young prospects at around the same (or maybe even lower) costs could certainly improve my overall performance.

I am currently playing as EWA.

I'm in September and I decided to hire everbody in Europe.

Everbody. Even the guys at UEW.

UEW gets pissed and start signing back some workers so they can continue running shows, I resign everbody...But jobbers.

So now they are using Notorious F.R.E.A.K. as one of their mid carders for instance.

Bah - Champagne Lover (who I hired as Ramón Marquez) is off to Hollywood to shoot a movie called 'Sweet Dreams' (oh dear...). This ends his storyline with Brandon James prematurely ... (I lowered my risk to be able to hire a few dudes I wanted ^^). But I might return him as an arrogant prick depending on how long he is gone...

Bah - Champagne Lover (who I hired as Ramón Marquez) is off to Hollywood to shoot a movie called 'Sweet Dreams' (oh dear...). This ends his storyline with Brandon James prematurely ... (I lowered my risk to be able to hire a few dudes I wanted ^^). But I might return him as an arrogant prick depending on how long he is gone...

You managed to steal him from SOTBPW? How much are you paying him?

March 2014. Jack Bruce has 100 Overness in all of US, but somehow can't manage to get decent Match Ratings, while Angry Gilmore vs. Big Cat Brandon brought me a 98 in match Rating, Jack Bruce simply delivers in microphone and entertainement angles skyrocketing, I make him loose to Remo about every 2 months.......

In my Aussie 0/0/0/0 game, I'm about halfway through 2014 and SWF has become much more active in aggressive hirings than many people have reported from their own games. Joey Minnesota, after being the first person to knock of Wolf Hawkins and take the title, becomes TCW World Heavyweight Champion and holds it from the end of 2013 until April 2014 when his contract comes up and he LEAVES with the title! After that, it takes him 2 months to take the title from Steve Frehley. Also, SWF seem to have hired up Nicky Champion as well.

Archived